SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Caylor

+20
Neilos
scottmilligan
bravo321uk
Wes
Mark74
Slatewriter
wattie
Petco
normy
AngelCake
Ally69
Jane Lyzell
tim
Lis
obiwan
mac
zerdini
Admin
Bill
Edward
24 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warren Caylor - Page 7 Empty Re: Warren Caylor

Post by scottmilligan Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:32 pm

mac wrote:
Neilos wrote:Great post and what would you consider an acceptable standard of controls? Picking up on Scott's heartfelt stand should the Psychic News re-issue the challenge to Warren with strict controls in place?

Are the folk at PN really likely to be that interested and what would be the point?  Nothing useful appeared to come as a result of his backing down from the previously called-off demonstration and I'd be astounded if WC were to even consider the prospect of another test sitting unless he really is dumb.  

I like sue very much and she has sat with me a number of times including sitting next to me why I work . She know her stuff about pm and all aspect of mediumship and she knows alot of people who understand the nature of pm.
warren should agree to this as it would put the matter to bed . as I said I suport anyone who sits for the spirit and trys there best but if there is fraud involed I not a very nice person.
Like sue if you carry the gift of the spirit I will surport it you dont and you take money a diseve people IM A PITBULL......

scottmilligan

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:58 pm

Scott, I don't think you saw my comment further up. I am interested about your personal experience with WC, where did you sit with him?

I believe W was already tested by the ASSMPI a couple of years back? They are an up and coming organisation who seem to be doing great stuff for standards in mediumship.

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:19 pm

scottmilligan wrote:
mac wrote:
Neilos wrote:Great post and what would you consider an acceptable standard of controls? Picking up on Scott's heartfelt stand should the Psychic News re-issue the challenge to Warren with strict controls in place?

Are the folk at PN really likely to be that interested and what would be the point?  Nothing useful appeared to come as a result of his backing down from the previously called-off demonstration and I'd be astounded if WC were to even consider the prospect of another test sitting unless he really is dumb.  

I like sue very much and she has sat with me a number of times including sitting next to me why I work . She know her stuff about pm and all aspect of mediumship and she knows alot of people who understand the nature of pm.
warren should agree to this as it would put the matter to bed . as I said I suport anyone who sits for the spirit and trys there best but if there is fraud involed I not a very nice person.
Like sue if you carry the gift of the spirit I will surport it you dont and you take money a diseve people IM A PITBULL......

I wasn't doubting the staff at PN but simply asking why they'd again go to the trouble of setting up a controlled session with a practitioner who had already jibbed at the controls proposed. (I think that's correct?) Warren Caylor has stated he doesn't much care what anyone says about his claim to be a genuine physical medium who produces authentic physical phenomena....

Recent history suggests that many ordinary folk don't have the knowledge or experience to distinguish between the real McKoy and frauds and even practitioners may use this so-called mixed mediumship. I hope your 'pit-bull' approach achieves something worthwhile in protecting the genuine, but maybe vulnerable, seekers of evidential mediumship but it might be the case that those simply seeking out phenomena won't share your approach...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm

"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem." Eldridge Cleaver.

Just think that if the people involved do not strive to raise the standards nothing will change...

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:44 pm

Hi Neilos,

To take your second comment first, While it might well be desirable for PN to re-issue the challenge to WC, I, like Mac, doubt that Caylor would agree to do it, and certainly not under the strict controls that the editor of PN would insist on (and rightly so).

Caylor has made it very clear that he really doesn't care less what others think of his mediumship, nor is he apparently concerned about claims he has been caught acting fraudulently. Why would he be willing, therefore, to put himself under the microscope of PN, especially given PN would surely publish an article describing the séance and their view of his mediumship. Such an article would also surely need to review concerns, past history and Caylor's previous last minute 'withdrawal' from a test séance organised by PN.

Just cannot see Caylor doing it - especially since he seems to believe that there are more than enough people willing to attend his séances regardless of the concerns about their legitimacy.

As for your first comment, the question of what would constitute " acceptable" standards of controls, is not easy to answer. Acceptable to whom? What the medium may consider acceptable - in order that their particular form of mediumship is able to operate? What an investigator may think is required to be an acceptable level of control to ensure, as far as is possible, that fraud could not occur, or acceptable to the general public who might wish to attend such séances.

I am not trying to avoid responding with my thoughts on this difficult subject, however, I don't right now have time to outline my personal view of what standards of control would be acceptable. I assure you, however, I will return and set out exactly what might be required as soon as I can. Smile

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:07 am

I have just been informed that Warren Caylor's "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" rant on PM4U and several associated comments, including Gary Mannion's regarding what happened at the Wallacia Centre have now disappeared from that site. Curious. No explanation given apparently for the removal, leaving some members of that site rather disturbed by what looks like silent censorship of the worst kind.

I am kind of glad I am not a member of that site. Shocked

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 am

Me too Lis but I doubt that we would be allowed to join it. Suspect
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:34 am

Lis wrote:I have just been informed that Warren Caylor's "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" rant on PM4U and several associated comments, including Gary Mannion's regarding what happened at the Wallacia Centre have now disappeared from that site. Curious. No explanation given apparently for the removal, leaving some members of that site rather disturbed by what looks like silent censorship of the worst kind.

Well I'm blowed - who'da thought it!?  Laughing Wink  Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 am

Admin wrote:Me too Lis but I doubt that we would be allowed to join it. Suspect

You could always register using a different name, Jim, and routing your input via TOR so your IP address can't be seen....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:42 am

Lis wrote:I have just been informed that Warren Caylor's "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" rant on PM4U and several associated comments, including Gary Mannion's regarding what happened at the Wallacia Centre have now disappeared from that site. Curious. No explanation given apparently for the removal, leaving some members of that site rather disturbed by what looks like silent censorship of the worst kind.

The members who are concerned could do worse than to join us here, Lis, to properly discuss the material that's since been removed from the PM4U pages - wonder if they'd really want to engage, though, in a discussion that's not supportive of certain of the celebrity 'mediums' who post on that website. Neutral

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:44 am

Neilos wrote:"If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem." Eldridge Cleaver.

Just think that if the people involved do not strive to raise the standards nothing will change...

That's a fair observation but it's hardly the first time such shenanigans have been under discussion and it's hard to see what - if anything - has changed.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:48 am

mac wrote:

You could always register using a different name, Jim, and routing your input via TOR so your IP address can't be seen....

Devious mac I suspect if I became active in posting I would have to keep re-joining by the same methodology.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:57 am

Admin wrote:
mac wrote:

Devious mac I suspect if I became active in posting I would have to keep re-joining by the same methodology.

You could do that, Jim, but I was thinking just from the point of keeping a direct eye on what's being said.  But perhaps you're already doing that.... Laughing Wink

I avoid being banned by keeping my profile low and not engaging strongly enough to attract the unwanted attention of you-know-who!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 am

No Mac we seem to be able to source the relevant material without any major problems, thanks to others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:03 am

Admin wrote:No Mac we seem to be able to source the relevant material without any major problems, thanks to others.

true - It just needs folk to remember to copy the material before it gets removed from its original host's server!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:11 am

Yes I wonder how Mr Foy is dealing with this lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:36 am

Admin wrote:Yes I wonder how Mr Foy is dealing with this lol
How he's dealing with our discussing the material he's deleted from his own website? It would be interesting to learn! Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:21 am

I have been advised of an interesting new post on PM4U, I believe written by the organiser of the Wallacia Centre who acknowledged they paid for the airfares and provided accommodation and food for the attending mediums but they "also expect true, honest demonstrations by medium and spirit team."

I understand they offer an interesting, although somewhat different version of what happened to that suggested by Gary Mannion. According to my source they wrote:

"for whatever reason Warren's team decided not to work here and yes I asked for extra restraints- soft velcro bands - to ensure the sitters would experience authentic phenomena. I ask and he decided to leave instead , as he felt that was unreasonable. No, the straps would not have cut his arms, if he would have sat still in the chair. I do not appreciate to be blamed for injuries the medium brought on himself - for whatever reason??"

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:39 am

What a great opportunity for Warren to take up the Psychic News challenge and prove everyone wrong eh Wink. I have a set of velcro police restraints and they would be very difficult to get out of and would not cut the skin. You might get a few blisters but that's it.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:06 pm

I hope Robin Foy doesn´t get in too much confusion with banning members, deleting posts etc. king

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by wattie Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Latest posting from Mr Caylor. Not clear whether he will be 'limiting the locations' for dark seances as well. One also wonders if he has consulted his spirit team about these new arrangements.

CANDLE LIT, RED LIT SEANCE START TO FINISH
Posted by WARREN CAYLOR on December 4, 2014 at 10:32
As of late 2015 I will be starting a New Circle, specific to working in candle light and red light...with either one or both being used from start to finish, where there will be no blackout moments, cameras are welcome.
As of 2016 I will be limiting the locations where I hold PUBLIC blackout and candle light seances. These are yet to be decided but the following are being considered...
PORTSMOUTH
BASEL
GERMANY
BRISTOL
TORONTO

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:06 pm

dont-like-frauds wrote:

I hope Robin Foy doesn´t get in too much confusion with banning members, deleting posts etc. king

Perhaps the word will get out that discussions can continue on this website even when he's removed whatever he doesn't care for on his own website?  

And perhaps someone could let those folk there know that so the focus of uncensored discussion (within this site's rules) might switch to this Spiritualism-based site that's primarily interested in evidence of survival via mediumship, something that's not always evident on PM4U....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:14 pm

wattie wrote:Latest posting from Mr Caylor. Not clear whether he will be 'limiting the locations' for dark seances as well. One also wonders if he has consulted his spirit team about these new arrangements.

CANDLE LIT, RED LIT SEANCE START TO FINISH
Posted by WARREN CAYLOR on December 4, 2014 at 10:32
As of late 2015 I will be starting a New Circle, specific to working in candle light and red light...with either one or both being used from start to finish, where there will be no blackout moments, cameras are welcome.
As of 2016 I will be limiting the locations where I hold PUBLIC blackout and candle light seances. These are yet to be decided but the following are being considered...
PORTSMOUTH
BASEL
GERMANY
BRISTOL
TORONTO

Always assuming that those organisations hosting events overseas aren't put off by the brouhaha surrounding current and recent events and providing appropriate entry permits are sought from, and granted by, the agencies of the various countries and declarations are made to the appropriate tax authorities of whichever country is involved - including the UK of course....

Am I living in Lala land?
 Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:34 pm

Candlelight eh? Let's hope his ectoplasm isn't flammable.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:02 pm

It was the same when i toold them a boute The swedish scam Anders Åkesson Evil or Very Mad  they banded me insted of him - My uppinjon about that is a froude skraths other frouds and hold there backs jog

Last edited by Jane Lyzell on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next