SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics

4 posters

Go down

Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics Empty Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics

Post by Admin Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Seems we have attracted attention here http://www.badpsychics.co.uk/thefraudfiles/modules/news/article.php?storyid=955 to quote;

"The Spiritualism Link website is filled with half-hearted attempts to, on one hand condemn Caylor now that his tricks can no longer be denied, and on the other hand continue to defend those whose tricks remain concealed. The comments read like mad scramble to batten down the hatches, minimise the fallout and make sure Caylor is the only one tarnished...

I have also been requested, to inform everyone and anyone who is interested, that the following people wish to make it clear that they have no dealings, no communication, and form no part of any circle or connection to Warren Caylor or his mediumship:

Julie Day his X partner, Lisa Day, Terry and Silvia Merrideth, X Circle Members, Myra Fitzell and of course my self, Frank Brown

But even then, Frank still harbours some sympathy for and belief in Caylor...

Don't get me wrong I do believe that Warren has got physical mediumship gifts, but regrettably they are not what he thinks they are, and if he spent more time developing those gifts he has, instead of trying to dupe people out of loads of money and giving them nothing but false hopes and childish pranks from spirits who are pretending to be children, he might get back on track and develope [sic].

There are other interesting comments on the forum:

"Admin" posted an article from Psychic News which told the story of Caroline Smith and Michelle Skyrne who attended the fateful show in which the passing car spoiled Caylor's fun. Smith reportedly said...

"I just wanted to speak to my dad," she says, her anger still fizzing. "I really wanted to believe. But this man made a mockery of the whole thing. It was just laughable, like a 'Punch and Judy' show. That's what was so upsetting."

Despite this, it seems Smith is still a believer...

The fact that both she and Skyrne continue to believe in the possibility of psychic connection with the dead is, if nothing else, a remarkable testament to the resilience of faith. "

Unfortunately they misplaced their faith this time."

Hmm I did not think the comments here or elsewhere about Warren Caylor were " Half Hearted " we have made it clear on that thread, on the DT/VZ thread and elsewhere that where there are doubts we will chase down the truth if we can. Spiritualism has, internally done far more than any other body to out the peple who are doing the wrong things. However, most of us have had sufficient genuine proof to satisfy ourselves that communication with the Spirits of loved ones who have passed, by Mediumship, genuinely occurs.

As a result we have an even stronger reason to protect the integrity of Mediumship than those who reject out of hand the potential that any real phenomena of any type occurs. Unfortunately sometimes those who wish to accept the phenomena sometimes go to extremely generous lengths to find value in what many of us would reject out of hand, Frank who they quote is a man who clearly gave Warren many chances. As a Spiritualist there is little we can do about that and as WC now categorically states his "Seances" are for "Entertainment" little the law can do except claim that such errant nonsense is not entertaining.

I would like to note a factual Misquote in teh article the pice which is purported to come from Psychic News was from the Independent Newspaper.

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics Empty Re: Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics

Post by obiwan Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:08 am

I think it's selective quotation too. I would say the general tone on both spiritualist forums about WC is scathing. Even Frank got a certain amount of stick - which I think he took quite well - after he went public with his revised opinion of WC. I wouldn't pay too much attention to Bad Psychics - having visited the site, my impression of the quality of debate is that it resembles juvenile lower 6th form common room sniping. It doesn't shed much light.

Last edited by obiwan on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics Empty Re: Our thread on Warren Caylor Draws Bad Psychics

Post by Admin Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:11 am

I agree with you Obi, they only have a single position all psychics are bad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:20 am

Bad Psychics website?

You wouldn't expect facts to get in the way of a good story! Should anyone take it seriously other than its contributors? It's for entertainment isn't it, just like WC's sittings? Laughing Laughing Laughing

And for WC perhaps it's yet again a case of 'no such thing as bad publicity'.

The more he's in the public domain, the more money he makes from those curious to see and experience something they might not otherwise have learned about... silent

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am

mac wrote:Bad Psychics website?

You wouldn't expect facts to get in the way of a good story! Should anyone take it seriously other than its contributors? It's for entertainment isn't it, just like WC's sittings? Laughing Laughing Laughing

The more he's in the public domain, the more money he makes from those curious to see and experience something they might not otherwise have learned about... silent

If Psychic News print the article by Riley Heagerty on the three months WC spent with him in America I am willing to bet it will be taken up by the National Press - good or bad publicity for WC?

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:23 am

zerdini wrote:
mac wrote:Bad Psychics website?

If Psychic News print the article by Riley Heagerty on the three months WC spent with him in America I am willing to bet it will be taken up by the National Press - good or bad publicity for WC?

we'll see.... Neutral

From what I've seen of the national press in the USA, it may warrant barely a mention. National newspapers seem to be far less important than the locals.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down