SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Caylor

+20
Neilos
scottmilligan
bravo321uk
Wes
Mark74
Slatewriter
wattie
Petco
normy
AngelCake
Ally69
Jane Lyzell
tim
Lis
obiwan
mac
zerdini
Admin
Bill
Edward
24 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warren Caylor Empty Warren Caylor

Post by Edward Thu May 15, 2008 4:28 pm

AN UPDATE FROM WARREN CAYLOR'S WEBSITE:

Recently I provided a Chance for any interested parties or organisation to Hold a Seance in test conditions.
I am Happy to announce that The well Known Phsycic News have
kindly taken up this offer.Although we are only in the preliminary
stages of organising this event im sure that many of you will be eager
to discover more.I will keep you updated as and when The details are
provided.

Thankyou

Warren

Watch this space cos this could be interesting !

Edward

Back to top Go down

Warren Caylor Empty Re: Warren Caylor

Post by Bill Thu May 15, 2008 9:53 pm

"Watch this space cos it could be interesting"

It most certainly could be.

Bill

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:00 pm

Hi All,

I have been updated on this from the new SCR Warren says PN pulled out but I believe we should wait to see what PN says. He claims it was a requirement about allowing his two sitters to be either side of him. Yet it is obvious that no expererienced people, settng up a test seance, would have allowed this. Warren on his own site and the old SCR said he would accept ANY conditions . Wow believable Warren, quick and sorry (to any Medium or Psychic watching) totally expected.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Hi All,

It is time we accepted that neither Warren Caylor nor David Thompson are prepared to respond appropriately to the issues concerning their mediumship. This is no time to wail and cry; it is unimportant. Truth is what matters and real mediums, physical and mental have given this in the past. These two are inconsequential, they will earn substantial money, possibly smear the reputation of mediumship but never destroy it.

We may never know whether either of them are real so Spiritualism has to turn their back on it and move on, it really does not matter. Can any of you truly say the world is ready for totally verifiable proof of survival, the first step is in philosophy and the way we present it ... then we prove what is real. Spiritualism was and should be a leading radical thought process lets get back to it. Lets get out there and tell the world our truth with the best Mental mediums, or physical mediumship in the light and leave the others hiding in dark rooms (all but those very few physical mediums who work this way and have no queries against them of course who suffer purely by association).

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:46 pm

Hi All,

I am glad that my attention was drwan to this piece which although about the New mediums act has a major section on friend Warren.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080630082818/http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/sunday-review/features/spirited-away-meet-the-psychics-with-an-uncertain-future-832567.html

Maybe suprising he never challenged them with legal action.

Cheers

Jim

Last edited by Admin on Mon May 14, 2018 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 am

Admin wrote:Hi All,

I am glad that my attention was drwan to this piece which although about teh New mediums act has a major section on friend Warren.
https://web.archive.org/web/20080630082818/http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/sunday-review/features/spirited-away-meet-the-psychics-with-an-uncertain-future-832567.html

Maybe suprising he never challenged them with legal action.

Cheers

Jim

To launch a legal action in this country costs an awful lot of money which is why the wealthy are usually the only people who can afford to do so.

That is why Zammit will never do so and that is why is why his threats carry no weight whatsoever.

The same applies to Warren Caylor.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:27 am

The full story re Warren Caylor regarding "The seance that failed to materialise" is in this week's edition (dated 6th September) which came out today.

The list of people invited, together with the conditions proposed, is also published.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:32 am

Hi All,

Well a resolution may take time for Warren to refuse this chance with all the wonderful people that would have been involved (look at the Psychic News for this weeek 4th sept 2008) is astounding given it is about restoring faith in his Mediumship. I understand he intends, from his website to revisit Canada and go on to New York. Really look back to the link to the Independent Newspaper of the Uk and the Psychic News. there is no proof to back this medium. Warren, go back to scientific testing.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:34 am

Anyone studying this link and the Curious case of David Thompson and Victor Zammit may, like me feel that David should also accept PN's challenge. I also believe Warren has to go back, say I am sorry and accept the challenge.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:59 pm

Admin wrote:Hi All,

Well a resolution may take time for Warren to refuse this chance with all the wonderful people that would have been involved (look at the Psychic News for this weeek 4th sept 2008) is astounding given it is about restoring faith in his Mediumship. I understand he intends, from his website to revisit Canada and go on to New York. Really look back to the link to the Independent Newspaper of the Uk and the Psychic News. there is no proof to back this medium. Warren, go back to scientific testing.

Cheers

Jim

I hope the immigration and tax authorities in the USA and Canada are aware of his proposed trip to spend five months in the respective countries.

Is he allowed to earn money in the States as a visitor?

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Z,

I believe you are allowed to earn some income but I do not think that on a visitors visa it is a large amount.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:27 am

Admin wrote:Hi Z,

I believe you are allowed to earn some income but I do not think that on a visitors visa it is a large amount.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:59 am

Hi All

On another list someon in reading about the issue thought the following

" PN were right to ASK for control measures, however they were wrong to force these restrictions on the medium when he asked for the two side sitters. If this sitting had gone ahead and proven successful, even without irrefutable verification, they could then move forward by
making SUBTLE changes to subsequent seances...Rome wasn't built in a day...Or a single sitting?"

I realised that some people entering this topic for the first time may also think this if they were unware of teh background and I replied in the following manner

I will quote what one person wrote in a comment on a psychic blog which appeared on Micheal Prescotts Blog yesterday. An attendee at the same seance, that is mentioned in the Independent article, wrote at
http://psychics.co.uk/psychic-forum/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=5051
"omg its not just me and my friends then
we went to a "seance" at begining of year, jesus what a con we have involved the police now, it is f..... It was like a punch and judy show, i have never seen anything like it a car came down track to the place were it was held with head lights full on and it turned out this yellow feather was a member of his team stood up with a head dress.
what a con "

Now because of the blackout failure there were many reports like this but I was aware that a UK lawyer and member of the old Spiritualist Chat Room (now defunct) was coordinating these with the possibility of legal follow up. As a result the whole issue was left dormant.

It should be noted that at this stage he had been stopped from working at Jenny's Sanctuary. Immediately news from the seance noted above became public Zerdin Phenomenal published a note withdrawing any support for him until he could verify his claims.

In response Warren wrote on his website the following..

"Tie me up,Chain me down,Seal me in a glass cabinet,Tape up my Mouth, Do whatever you think is acceptable as Scientific tests,and you will see that still Spirit will come.I am willing to accomadate any such tests and
conditions.Yet it is sad that those who are so convinced its all fake and shout fraud have never yet come forward to take up this offer.
So as plainly as I can put it,Please either Put up or Shut up."

He also indulged in a little correspondence on the Spiritualist Chatroom where he made clear he would even submit to scientific testing and controls of any kind while making it clear this would be a once only seance offer.

In reality Warren was in need of rehabilitating, shunned by his peers and the one organisation that promoted Physical Mediumship. We also know from both the above and the Independent that he has a complaint against him. Indeed that article in the Independent indicated the facts gathered from that seance could be used in any subsequent action, under the new law, as corroborating evidence.

I think, in fact, Psychic News were very brave even to enter this arena, where either any favourable comment, or even purely an inability to reach any conclusion would, one can presume from past experience, immediately appear as support on Warren's website.

Both Warren and David Thompson seem to me to be in a rather different category to the many other physical mediums quietly developing. They have earned relatively large sums of money and indicate clearly they wish to earn substantially more. Given the nature of their claims of absolute proof of survival and this extra commercial element surely they have a greater reason to agree to testing to verify their claims. Personally, if the tests prove what thy claim, I have no issue with them then charging what they like, its just either a conscience matter, or purely a supply and demand issue (the old economic theory of pricing).

I continue to understand why both the SNU and the NSAC do not promote or support physical mediumship, given these ongoing events and past history (albeit the NSAC have a new website on phenomena). In honesty I would contrast the immediate criticism of poor mental mediumship compared to the lee way given to physical mediums, who often seem to manage even poorer survival evidence. Indeed it seems we can accept Physical Mediums demonstrating publically when they have not reached a standard that would normally be expected from a regular platform worker, especially in terms of proving survival. Clearly the phenomena, which may have no relationship to spirit because it can proveably be achievable through telekinesis (leaving alone possible fraud), fascinates people.

My position is much the same as Pastor John's I believe his summation gives the only realistic way to develop proveable phenomena albeit a slow one which may yield no results. A friend, who is a developing physical medium, intends not to work publically until he can either do so in the light, or produce verifiable photographic evidence, or detailed valid direct voice recordings. I admire his determination and intent not to exploit the gift commercially.

In summation I believe PN should be applauded for taking this step, they must have been aware of the claims of collusion by those circle colleagues (as must Warren have been) so it is natural that the seance could not proceed with those conditions suddenly imposed. Remember not only was Warren only offering a one off seance but it would have been difficult to constantly reassemble such a roomful of luminary figures, as sympathetic to physical mediumship, as the editor arranged.

Oh well Warren is off to tread the boards where David Thompson wanted to go, the USA and Canada. Warren was in Toronto last year and the reports show a total dissatisfaction with the continued absence of Proof of Survival. Corresponding with me the Canadian organiser of that trip confirmed only two, not very convincing, messages came through from all the seances.

However, who knows, maybe the controversy will lead to greater commercial success but I do hope future attendees at public seances become more discerning of the events, test the evidence more rigorously and begin to question the spirits at a deeper level not just accepting them for their claims.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Admin wrote:Hi Z,

Jim

On a B1 Visa I doubt that any income is allowed - we use a B1 (Visitor for Pleasure) when we spend our time in the USA.

On a B2 Visa (Business) it's probably allowed subject to receiving other permissions.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:51 am

Hi All,

I knew that at some stage I would find Zerdin Phenomenal's pronouncement on Warren and this did not arise from the seance mentioend above where the blackout "failed"
"Warren Caylor Séances
Statement by The Zerdin Fellowship

The Fellowship is dedicated to encouraging the highest standards in the presentation of physical phenomena to the public. It is with this principle in mind that we feel obliged to make the following statement.

Trustees of the Fellowship have been made aware of increasing concern regarding aspects of Warren Caylor’s séances fuelled by lack of strict control of séance room conditions. Coupled with this concern is the reported lack of any real evidence as to any non-incarnate participation in the proceedings.

These concerns were alluded to in a report sent to Warren Caylor following a séance held during March 2007. We hoped the report would encourage him to address these issues. Information reaching us indicates that no substantial improvements have been made since he received the report. Thus the Fellowship feels obliged to publish the original report as printed below.

The Fellowship cannot recommend these séances as evidence of survival until the issues covered in the report are dealt with. We are very concerned as to the negative publicity that his séances are attracting concerning the practise of Physical Phenomena.

Report on Séance with Warren Caylor

This report pertains to a séance witnessed by Joan Hughes, Dennis Pearman and Lew Sutton on 17th March 2007 at Pear Tree House in Herefordshire.

The Venue.
The séance was held in a large airy room with about 35 people in two rows occupying about half the area of the room. The rest of the room had lounge type chairs and settees on which ladies handbags had been deposited prior to the séance. None of these were searched before the séance. The cabinet was located in one corner of the room and checked by Dennis Pearman, as was straps and ropes securing the medium to his chair.

The Phenomena.
Voice phenomena was amazingly loud throughout the séance with the main control Rachael particularly so. Other voices ranged from child-like to the deep gruff tones of an elderly gentleman.
Items left on the floor in front of the cabinet were used to make various noises by being hit or played. Several items were tossed to one side after being used, landing up only inches from the feet of those in the front row.
Low intensity red and white lights were introduced several times but from where we were sitting it was impossible to identify exactly what was visible. There was hint of a tall dark shadow for a short while in or immediately in front of the cabinet.
During the séance a luminous glow was seen which could have been materialised legs. But as this glow had the same consistency and colour as luminous objects in the room (such as trumpets) we were not able to positively identify from whence this glow came. However, at one point Dennis Pearman was asked to walk across the floor towards the cabinet and to touch a hand placed against a luminous plaque. He was able to confirm the hand placed upon the plaque.
The cabinet curtain was removed during the later part of the séance and landed up on Dennis’s lap. He couldn’t identify the item until the lights were put on at the end.
The séance ended with Warren being moved from the cabinet complete with chair to being positioned just in front of the cabinet. He was minus a shirt and sweater with one arm free which we understand arose from the claimed earlier brief dematerialisation of a plastic strap securing one wrist. The other wrist was still secured as was the rope securing his legs to the chair.
The dematerialisation of a plastic strap occurred thus: One lady was called forward to witness the medium’s arm becoming free – similar to what often happens at Stewart Alexander’s séances. Although at Stewart’s séances the arm is normally re-secured by momentary de-materialisation or by the spirit control putting a new strap on the medium’s wrist.

Evidence of Spirits’ Presence.
As there were no personal messages, information or advanced philosophical thought given there was no evidence during the séance of non-incarnate minds communicating or controlling the proceedings. We understood that those who communicated were regular communicators apart from one who gave his name and was identified as a relative who had communicated before. No message or evidence was given to support his identity.

Medium’s Safety.
We were concerned at handbags being left at the back of the séance room. It would have been easy for items such as torches to have been hidden within these bags. Those sitting near could have quietly accessed such items during noisy parts of the proceedings. We don’t need to emphasise how much harm can result to a medium with light being suddenly switched on during séances.
Another problem that could have caused extra stress to the medium’s body was people in the back row not remaining seated when they should have been. Such movement can disrupt the energies in the séance room. It is a good idea for whoever gives the pre séance instructions to use a list so that points like this aren’t missed.

Illumination.
White and red lights were switched on and off many times during the séance. This can cause stress to the medium’s body. We would recommend that the Spirit Control experiments in the home circle to get the lighting right in order to minimise the amount of stress to the medium during a public séance.
Also, we would recommend changing the red light that was used. With the glowing element clearly visible the light resembled a bright point source rather than a diffused light source. This is likely to cause more stress to ectoplasm rather than the softer light produced by a bulb behind a translucent red panel. A diffused light source would also enable the sitters to see what is being illuminated better as the glowing light bulb dominated one’s vision.

Conclusions.
On this occasion the room was not checked prior to the séance starting and items such as torches could have been hidden by sitters thus putting the medium’s health at serious risk. Additionally, the medium, or what could be claimed to be his accomplish, could also be open to accusations of hiding items in the room if not searched by independent witnesses.
Although there appeared to be evidence of physical phenomena there was no real evidence that this energy was being directed by spirit controls. What is needed is verbal communication to provide survival evidence as mentioned in the “Evidence of Spirits’ Presence” section. Physical phenomena on its own doesn’t prove survival, all it does is prove that mainstream science can’t fully explain the universe. In other words, the Laws of Physics are seriously incomplete.
From where we were sitting (almost directly in line with the cabinet) all the phenomena appeared to be in the cabinet or directly in front of the cabinet. Thus it was impossible for us to assess the true nature of the phenomena. In retrospect, it would have been better to have sat to one side which would have given us a much better bearing as to the position of voice and physical phenomena.
The situation was better regarding the luminous plaque with a spirit hand which Dennis Pearman touched as he was asked to step forward for closer examination.
As Warren is contemplating allowing up to 60 at his séances it is even more essential that some phenomena occurs well away from the cabinet in order for sitters not to come away disappointed. Also, sitters may be dubious as to the true nature of the phenomena - which would not be good for Warren’s reputation.
As the Zerdin Fellowship is all about encouraging the development and growth of physical phenomena in order to prove survival, it is essential that this element be included in a séance if the Fellowship is to endorse or validate Warren’s mediumship. We would like Warren to encourage his controls to provide such evidence in every séance to avoid negative criticism. Furthermore, like all mediums, without such evidence he risks prosecution under the Fraudulent Mediums’ Act if one of our very many detractors were to make a complaint to the authorities. "
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:24 am

From Frank Brown's website:

Removal of Information – Warren Caylor

For reasons of an undisclosed nature, It has been decided by the webmaster of this site, to remove all articles referring to him and his Mediumship, from both this site and www.mediums-spiritguides.com, this includes all séance reports and other relative information.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm

Very interesting Z given Franks determined support for Warren C
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:12 pm

All it needs now is for Zammit to do a U-turn but that is highly unlikely.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:26 am

Can someone enlarge upon this matter please?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:41 am

No it's a secret and we all know except you mac Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:43 am

you little monkeys - aren't you going to tell me?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:03 am

Hi Mac,

Not sure I can help much but when the Psychic News seance was cancelled, Frank Brown attacked Psychic News and its editor in an extremely strong way. He blamed them entirely for the cancellation and implied that they should have accepted virtually any of WC's later conditions about sitters. This despite WC saying he would sit in any circumstances and only at the last moment trying to move the goalposts that had already been agreed.

It is hard to envisage the circumstances that may have persuaded him to remove all of the Warren Caylor material after such unswerving support, its quite a U turn.

I cannot envisage our friend VZ doing the same although someone once suggested to me that the relationship is not as good as it once was. Hard to imagine that as they are altogether in Robin Foy's new forum and VZ attended David's trance session in Sydney.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 am

Admin wrote:Hi Mac,

Not sure I can help much but when the Psychic News seance was cancelled, Frank Brown attacked Psychic News and its editor in an extremely strong way. He blamed them entirely for the cancellation and implied that they should have accepted virtually any of WC's later conditions about sitters. This despite WC saying he would sit in any circumstances and only at the
last moment trying to move the goalposts that had already been agreed.

It is hard to envisage the circumstances that may have pesuaded to remove all of the Warren Caylor material after such unswerving support, its quite a U turn.

I cannot envisage our friend VZ doing the same although someone once suggested to me that the relationship is not as good as it once was. Hard to imagine that as they are altogether in Robin Foy's new forum and VZ attended David's trance session in Sydney.

Jim

Hello Jim

Thanks for your observations.

I followed all the stuff concerning Psychic News's challenge a while back and I'm interested to know why Frank Brown appears to have changed from being a strong supporter.

Obi and zerdini appear to know something of the circumstances. I'm hoping they'll share some of their understanding. Smile

As for Messrs Zammit and Foy, well we've all heard quite enough of those gentlemen and their forums recently.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:49 am

I don't know anything about it Mac. Just pulling your leg Smile. It all looks like two bald men arguing over a comb.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:20 pm

obiwan wrote:I don't know anything about it Mac. Just pulling your leg Smile. It all looks like two bald men arguing over a comb.

awww, obi....I really thought there was something interesting coming Sad shame....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next