SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Caylor

+20
Neilos
scottmilligan
bravo321uk
Wes
Mark74
Slatewriter
wattie
Petco
normy
AngelCake
Ally69
Jane Lyzell
tim
Lis
obiwan
mac
zerdini
Admin
Bill
Edward
24 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Warren Caylor - Page 4 Empty Re: Warren Caylor

Post by Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Gee I had almost forgotten Warren he has gone quiet
http://www.warrencaylor.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWsokOtHPgI
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Admin wrote:Gee I had almost forgotten Warren he has gone quiet
http://www.warrencaylor.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWsokOtHPgI

Perhaps that's no bad thing - when he was heard there wasn't much of value coming from him! Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Is this clips for real?????
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 pm

With Warren?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:56 am

Admin wrote:With Warren?

Yeas , warren and the sk ectoplasma ?
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:30 am

In honesty Jane, unless Warren has changed dramatically if this is real and not a set up I would be surprised but we never know
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:33 am

Admin wrote:In honesty Jane, unless Warren has changed dramatically if this is real and not a set up I would be surprised but we never know
things like warren makes mee angry Twisted Evil
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am

I totally agree with you Janeunfortunately it is an example of why, in the current environment of Physical mediumship Spiritualism has to reject it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Admin wrote:I totally agree with you Janeunfortunately it is an example of why, in the current environment of Physical mediumship Spiritualism has to reject it.
Yeas!
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:23 am

Well he is back and running again
http://warren-caylor.blogspot.com.au/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:33 am

That is not good Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally69 Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:47 pm

I have never sat with or met warren caylor but have like everyone else read about all the controversy surrounding him. It strikes me that his big mistake was to go public too soon, especially in the light of how unforgiving and at times nasty critics can be. That is going to make anyone defensive, creating a vicious circle of unconstructive arguments. If he had gone back to quietly developing his mediumship in his home circle good for him, it shows he learned from earlier mistakes. Anyway, my point is this: Some people automatically jump on anything he does because of things that have happened in the past, and have clearly developed a personal hatred of him (and other physical mediums too). Surely it is detrimental to the future of physical mediumship to approach everything with such a negative and unforgiving attitude. Of course we should be cautious but we should also view things with an open mind and not base opinions on personal feelings. Mediums are human and sometimes make mistakes. That doesn't mean that they do not have genuine abilities. How many physical mediums, perhaps providing outstanding evidence of survival, may never be known about because of the fear of being shot down and destroyed if they go public? What a sad state of affairs that is. Just an observation...

Last edited by Ally69 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Ally69

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm

I agree he should be given another fair crack of the whip provided he is fair in return.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Perhaps one problem with claiming publicly to demonstrate such phenomena, and charging for same, is that people expect to be able to validate these claims. As such mediums making claims to provide evidence on a professional basis are exposing themselves to such analysis. Personally I don't think it should be any other way.

Fortunately it is easy to rebut criticism by simply demonstrating the phenomena in a controlled environment. This won't of course prevent uninformed critics however at least there will be some evidence to counter such objectors. On the other hand, backing out of such a demonstration, especially to a sympathetic audience such as Psychic News wouldn't help one's case much I suspect.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:24 pm

mac wrote:I agree he should be given another fair crack of the whip prokided he is fair in return.

Yes, but he doesn't "do" fair, Mac.

@Ally, I wonder how many mistakes this particular human is going to be allowed to make? Are we really going to trust this human in a seance room after his latest "mistake"?

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:55 pm

Mac I think that my position is different, once one has been caght they will do it again and you will never know whether they are genuine or not. If he had wanted a fair crack of the whip he would have followed through with the Psychic News challenge.

My position no dark seances....period. If you do accept the use of Thermographic recorders, weight sensors, luminous patches on clothing and french chalk then there is no need for restraints. Dim red or blue light, after all we only hid in the dark for the Davenports, Koons and Tippies at first others did their phenomena in good light. By teh by by their visit to Melbourne the Davenposrt Brothers had removed all claims to Spirit for their cabinet work and Fay who did the subsequent dark seance also did not claim a spirit basis. There had been to many revealing exposures by then.

Warren is the classic example of why DD Home and Emma Hardinge Britten were such major opponents of dark seances.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:07 am

Unforthenly - people like him are coming out her e in sweden- to do seanses- whitsh i think is diskusting Mad and forum like Robin Foy´s are upplifting not propper developt physical mediums.

Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:37 am

I agree Jane cheers
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:57 am

It seems that Warren Caylor was  invited to offer his services (if that is what you can call them) at an event in Australia between Nov 7 and Nov 16. The event is promoted as being for charity, although the air fares of guest mediums were to be paid by the event organisers.

Apparently, if the rumours going around are correct, and I have no reason to doubt them, Mr Caylor was obliged to depart Australia before the week-long event actually got under way, after having held in advance a séance for the event organisers at which it seems  they detected Caylor was fraudulently producing the supposed physical phenomena.

It is rumoured that Caylor was encouraged (rather strongly, it seems) to get off the property, and has returned from whence he came with his tail between his legs. One doubts his air fair was after all paid for by the event organisers. I certainly hope it wasn't if what is rumoured is correct.

There is also a suggestion, hopefully true, that what occurred may yet reach the public in further detail.

Certainly, it is time that those who would call themselves physical mediums, but are conning an innocent and sometimes gullible public into paying good money for fraudulent performances, are called to account. In the case of Mr Caylor that accounting may be well over due, bearing in mind his past withdrawal at the last minute from the test séance under strict séance conditions that had been organised by Psychic News a few years ago.

One can only feel sorry for, and express sympathy to, the organisers of this event who seem to have suffered a double blow with two supposed physical mediums who have clearly not been able to stand closer scrutiny.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:31 am

Lis wrote:It seems that Warren Caylor was  invited to offer his services (if that is what you can call them) at an event in Australia between Nov 7 and Nov 16. The event is promoted as being for charity, although the air fares of guest mediums were to be paid by the event organisers.

Apparently, if the rumours going around are correct, and I have no reason to doubt them, Mr Caylor was obliged to depart Australia before the week-long event actually got under way, after having held in advance a séance for the event organisers at which it seems  they detected Caylor was fraudulently producing the supposed physical phenomena.

It is rumoured that Caylor was encouraged (rather strongly, it seems) to get off the property, and has returned from whence he came with his tail between his legs. One doubts his air fair was after all paid for by the event organisers. I certainly hope it wasn't if what is rumoured is correct.

There is also a suggestion, hopefully true, that what occurred may yet reach the public in further detail.

Certainly, it is time that those who would call themselves physical mediums, but are conning an innocent and sometimes gullible public into paying good money for fraudulent performances, are called to account. In the case of Mr Caylor that accounting may be well over due, bearing in mind his past withdrawal at the last minute from the test séance under strict séance conditions that had been organised by Psychic News a few years ago.

One can only feel sorry for, and express sympathy to, the organisers of this event who seem to have suffered a double blow with two supposed physical mediums who have clearly not been able to stand closer scrutiny.

I´m not supriestd and I do think more expose whil come whit more so cald physical mediums Sad - discrace No - But I cant feel sorry fore this organisers they have to investigat the mediums before taking them in. they are so eger to take in anyting- and this is how it ends upp den darts
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:34 am

I meen it is the organisers that suport thos mediums to continju- needs more investigat before taking in peing gests Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:53 am

Yes, I understand your point Jane, but you should also appreciate that many in Australia are quite unaware of what has gone on in the past in the UK and Europe.

The event organisers have, I am sure, acted in good faith in inviting people such as Caylor and Muegge to Australia, because they want people in that country to have an opportunity to experience what they think others in the northern half of the world have.

I am certain that they are quite devastated by what has happened, and it has cast a sad light on the good the organisers hoped to achieve by the event given they were raising funds for charity.

It is easy to condemn those who were unaware of past issues regarding Caylor, for example, but I am not sure it is either fair or wise, especially when there are so many in England, who could not have failed to be aware of past issues, who despite this have continued to promote and/or attend his séances.

No doubt, someone, perhaps on this forum or elsewhere, will soon say that the event organisers are lying - or were in error - or Caylor was misunderstood - or misinterpreted - he had an off night - or offer some other excuse/explanation/denial.

Personally, I don't doubt that the event organisers, on discovering fraud - took the appropriate action, and good on them for doing so.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:06 pm

nothing surprises me anymore No
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Petco Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 am

The Caylor issue is interesting. Hope we'll hear more about that. I wonder if this will be discussed on PM4U. WC is a prominent member there.
Perhaps his friend Muegge will speak up and defend him? At least, these gentlemen have mutually vouched for the genuineness of their mediumship in the past. ;-)

Petco

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Petco wrote:The Caylor issue is interesting. Hope we'll hear more about that. I wonder if this will be discussed on PM4U. WC is a prominent member there.
Perhaps his friend Muegge will speak up and defend him? At least, these gentlemen have mutually vouched for the genuineness of their mediumship in the past. ;-)

Petco,

As I am not a member of PM4U I cannot say for sure, but  I understand from someone who is, that they are not aware of there being any discussion. Certainly they have suggested that the promotional post for the Australian event at which Caylor and Muegge were to both attend was not altered to show that neither were in fact going to be present.

I also notice that neither the website for the first event or the website promoting the further one that Muegge was due to do in Queensland have publicly acknowledged that these people would not after all be attending.

Perhaps luckily for the organisers of the first event, they had quite a number of other guest mediums who could offer activities to those who had booked for Caylor or Muegge, however, the Queensland event was entirely to be a Muegge performance which means that that event organiser has been entirely let down by Muegge's behaviour.

If Caylor has been caught out in fraud (again), and I believe he certainly has, I doubt very much that Muegge will speak up for him publicly, though, of course, what he might say on PM4U could be a different matter. As you note these two have mutually vouched for the genuineness of their mediumship in the past. That may be something one or both may ultimately regret. But then again, as they say 'birds of a feather flock together.' The conduct of one may also be the conduct of the other.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next