SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary mannion videos

+9
obiwan
Slatewriter
hiorta
Jane Lyzell
Lis
Admin
mac
Neilos
SeanceBells
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gary mannion videos Empty Gary mannion videos

Post by SeanceBells Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 pm

i'm so disappointed.

http://garyfiles.co.uk/

SeanceBells

Back to top Go down

Gary mannion videos Empty Re: Gary mannion videos

Post by Neilos Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:02 pm

I am saddened by this exposure but did suspect when I saw him a few years ago. All that the video shows is what I and the people I went with suspected.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:30 pm

Is there any doubting the reasons for suggesting that claims about physical mediumship that wasn't actually observed - i.e. carried out in totally dark seance conditions - should be treated with considerable caution?  Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Neilos wrote:I am saddened by this exposure but did suspect when I saw him a few years ago. All that the video shows is what I and the people I went with suspected.  

Sadly Neilos not everyone is so discerning I know many who saw him in Australia who were totally taken in. Why not he is following the well trodden path of so many who "perform"(although in the strictest sense the word is correct) Dark Seances. Some are much better than others, so it is seamless, but the substance tends to remain unchanged.

In one step the AFC protocols, which should be in place for all public, money making, physical séances have been justified.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:20 am

I understand, Séance Bells, why you should feel disappointed, however, on another level I believe we should be rejoicing. Mannion appears to be resoundingly exposed as acting fraudulently at a séance. It is evident that his performance, based on previous descriptions of what occurs at his séances, is well rehearsed and the fraud has been actively undertaken on many other occasions.

To expose fraud is what Spiritualists and supporters of PM must do. To eliminate from our ranks those who would prey on the innocence of others. Those who make money out of deceiving people who are seeking genuine evidence for survival of the human spirit. Better that we do this than to allow the sceptics to do so, and in the process try and discredit all that Spiritualism stands for.

What I think is really important in what is revealed by the images is that the argument given by so many that it would be impossible for a medium to impersonate a spirit in the darkened séance room is exposed as false. It is evident that a so-called medium CAN learn to move about in the totally darkened séance room, to wave trumpets about, to move chairs, to touch the sitters, etc.

Since this is so, the séances of ALL physical mediums who work in totally blacked out rooms must be regarded as potentially fraudulent. Without the protection of infra-red cameras, no one who attends such séances can be sure that what apparently takes place is what it is claimed to be. It could be the medium moving about in the dark impersonating spirit, moving objects, etc., so until so-called physical mediums, be they calling themselves physical phenomena mediums or materialisation mediums either move into the light or allow filming, they should be treated with extreme caution.

In recent times many other physical mediums have been called into question, Akers Andersson, Warren Caylor, the Mont Cabriol guys, Kai Mugge, are all examples of those who some have claimed committed fraud at least on one occasion, and probably on many, if not all occasions. There are other physical mediums whom people still seem to believe in and trust, yet, when one examines what occurs at their séances, there is often very little if any difference in the alleged phenomena to that revealed as fraudulent in other 'medium's' séances.

If there are genuine physical mediums, now is the time for them to step up and be counted by allowing filming and light in their séance rooms. If they don't, it is inevitable that many will tar them with the same brush as those who have been caught cheating. Of course, some people will continue to believe in Mannion and all the others who have cheated in the past or are cheating right now, despite the evidence that is presented to them. There is little we can do about that except to pray that one day they will realise they are being duped.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:32 am

"Of course, some people will continue to believe in Mannion and all the others who have cheated in the past or are cheating right now, despite the evidence that is presented to them. There is little we can do about that except to pray that one day they will realise they are being duped."

None so blind as those who choose not to see...... Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:33 am

It seems that some people, including several who have posted on the comments page of the Gary Files website, question when the videos were filmed and since the images are unclear that perhaps it may not be Gary Mannion. I have received information from another source, and a very reliable one, that the séance in question took place on May 1, 2016, it was a Gary Mannion séance, and that the centre at which it took place felt morally obliged to offer a refund to all those who attended, given the certainty of the evidence of fraud.

That centre "decided to make everyone aware of our reasons for doing this and the source of our concerns. We believe the alleged phenomena and trance that took place throughout the evening was of this world and had no influence from the Spirit world." The reality of that view is backed up by the videos.

It is admirable that those who run the centre involved have had the courage to make public what occurred.

Last edited by Lis on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:50 am

Which centre, Lis?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:55 am

Hi Mac,

I understand it was Banyan Retreat.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:00 am

One must wonder whether the Wallacia Development Centre in New South Wales will react to the release of these videos showing Gary Mannion, given they seem to have been very supportive of him and he regularly offers his 'services' there.

I hope they will, on being made aware of the videos, cease to have any further involvement. If not, I fear it may seriously undermine the credibility of their centre.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:01 am

Hi Lis - Has there been a response from Mannion, does anyone know?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:13 am

I haven't seen any response, but the word going about is that his 'spirit guides' will be making a statement at some stage.

I guess we can expect something along the lines of, 'spirit made use of his body while he was in an unconscious state, because his spirit guides sensed that there were negative energies in the séance room, blah, blah, blah.'

It will be totally unbelievable, but no doubt, some fans will believe it, unfortunately.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:19 am

Lis wrote:I haven't seen any response, but the word going about is that his 'spirit guides' will be making a statement at some stage.

I guess we can expect something along the lines of, 'spirit made use of his body while he was in an unconscious state, because his spirit guides sensed that there were negative energies in the séance room, blah, blah, blah.'

It will be totally unbelievable, but no doubt, some fans will believe it, unfortunately.

And in what other way, one wonders, could such a statement be made by a (claimed) guide  other than through him, a now discredited performer and apparent cheat? No

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:22 am

Indeed, Mac!

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 am

Gotta go,Lis, speak again later and will be monitoring this thread for developments. 'bye from cloudy, rainy, cool England!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:53 am

And from cloudy, grey, rainy, cold Australia!

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:29 am

Lis wrote:And from cloudy, grey, rainy, cold Australia!

Oh - but it is your winter whereas it's supposed to be our summer!  Additionally we are currently agonising over the biggest vote in the UK's citizens' lives - leave the EEC (now the EU) and face the many uncertainties that accompany the move or stick with what we know - and many don't like.

Wha' do we do? Question

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:23 am

It is a shame aghen Sad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:55 pm

Gary started a thread on his Facebook page and there were over 500 comments, unfortunately he decided to remove it. He's left a advert for future events which really shows his character. I really feel for the sitters that were provided with personal messages from Gary purporting to be loved ones. I really struggle to understand the mind of someone who would do that Sad

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Neilos wrote:Gary started a thread on his Facebook page and there were over 500 comments, unfortunately he decided to remove it. He's left a advert for future events which really shows his character. I really feel for the sitters that were provided with personal  messages from Gary purporting to be loved ones. I really struggle to understand the mind of someone who would do that Sad

Perhaps we should just be relieved that we can't understand the minds of those who demonstrate such deceitful behaviour? Perhaps only those of a similar disposition to the deceivers, along with criminal and psychiatric experts, ever do?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:11 pm

Paying on exit, perhaps, might prove remedial and preferable to lynching.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:43 pm

marginally preferable? Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:23 am

Having looked again, and studied at some length the videos that show Gary Mannion fraudulently impersonating spirit, and spirit phenomena, I find myself even more angry than I was at first, especially when I read Mannion trying to suggest that spirit must have used his body when he was in an entranced state.

Careful observation of his actions in the videos shows the deliberate and conscious actions of a person who is not in trance at all. The taking off of his tee shirt and vigorously waving it about to create a 'spirit' breeze, the pulling of the chairs, the careful steps, as if counting the number required, the precise picking up and waving about of the trumpets, and the careful replacement of them on the table, all demonstrate that this is a person fully aware of their actions and intends to deceive those in the room. It is so blatant, it is scary.

Yet, despite this, Mannion is continuing to advertise events to take place at the Wallacia Development Centre in NSW in June, and at various locations in England in July and August. Surely, those in charge at the Wallacia Centre and the places in England will take action to cancel those events to protect their members and attendees against such a despicable cheat. I pray they do, for if not, they must be held as responsible as Mannion is for perpetuating deception on innocent people.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SeanceBells Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:14 pm

Lis wrote:Having looked again, and studied at some length the videos that show Gary Mannion fraudulently impersonating spirit, and spirit phenomena, I find myself even more angry than I was at first, especially when I read Mannion trying to suggest that spirit must have used his body when he was in an entranced state.

Careful observation of his actions in the videos shows the deliberate and conscious actions of a person who is not in trance at all. The taking off of his tee shirt and vigorously waving it about to create a 'spirit' breeze, the pulling of the chairs, the careful steps, as if counting the number required, the precise picking up and waving about of the trumpets, and the careful replacement of them on the table, all demonstrate that this is a person fully aware of their actions and intends to deceive those in the room. It is so blatant, it is scary.

Yet, despite this, Mannion is continuing to advertise events to take place at the Wallacia Development Centre in NSW in June, and at various locations in England in July and August. Surely, those in charge at the Wallacia Centre and the places in England will take action to cancel those events to protect their members and attendees against such a despicable cheat. I pray they do, for if not, they must be held as responsible as Mannion is for perpetuating deception on innocent people.

you hit the nail on the head here, and the disappointment i feel is nothing to the anger i feel at the mockery he has made of spirit. th fact that he continues and tries to find excuses is laughable.
on a less agressive note, fraud is fraud and new policies as well as lighter conditions are needed now.

SeanceBells

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:16 pm

shame shame shame on him Evil or Very Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down