SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Investigation into the Mediumship of Kai Muegge

+17
Mic
Neilos
wattie
bravo321uk
Jane Lyzell
hiorta
dont-like-frauds
Mark74
baumer7
carrsam
LeroyC
Admin
Petco
obiwan
eternaltruths
mac
Lis
21 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Investigation into the Mediumship of Kai Muegge - Page 6 Empty Re: Investigation into the Mediumship of Kai Muegge

Post by Lis Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:51 am

Hi don't-like-frauds,

So, if I am understanding you correctly, there are two levels at which you found yourself concerned. First, the phenomena level - the fact that from your perspective Kai Muegge was apparently a trance medium with 'Hans Bender' as the spirit that communicated through him but in a trance seminar that he attended he seemed not actually able to do trance and didn't stay for the whole of the seminar.

Yet, a short time before he was seeming to be such a good trance person.

The second level is that you got to know this person closely but that which you learned from this closeness is not things that are so easy to talk about. or perhaps it is things that might be give rise to some problems to say?

Then, perhaps, Jim's concerns that one day this man might turn on his supporters and claim he can debunk the whole physical mediumship scene. But to do that surely he would have to admit that he had been cheating everyone all the time so as to show up their gullibility? Could this be so that this man would do such a thing?

I can appreciate that it may not be easy for you to say all that you have been thinking about this person. But if you feel able to share other examples of your concerns I am sure that the people on this forum would be interested to read about them.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Investigation into the Mediumship of Kai Muegge - Page 6 Empty Re: Investigation into the Mediumship of Kai Muegge

Post by dont-like-frauds Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Last edited by Lis on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Last edited by Lis on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 3 times in total

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by baumer7 Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:20 pm

Hi Jim,
My comments were not about Kai's wife...they were regarding my medium friend...I met Kai's wife at the seance for the first & only time. Sweet sweet girl! But I was not speaking of her. Sorry, my written word got misconstrued:-)! My medium friend's the one that has my trust. Would mention her name, but she wouldn't want me to:-)
Regards,
Steve
baumer7
baumer7

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:56 pm

I'm intrigued to learn more about our thread's subject, Kai Mügge, and the situation that surrounds his alleged physical sittings.  We've read others' accounts here in the past and what we've heard recently appears to confirm the worst.

I hope our new member-friend will feel able to say more about the situations he's long felt uncomfortable about.  It's such a shame that this website isn't more widely known to folk interested in mediumship.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by baumer7 Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:17 pm

Cannot wait to hear more from DLF! My medium friend is planning on doing more with Kai as far as teaching PM & more seances...will it turn out like Hermann??? We shall see. Something I haven't mentioned is that he went outside right before the seance & I met him at the door when he came back...smelling like marijuana...maybe he uses it as an aid?
baumer7
baumer7

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Last edited by Lis on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Last edited by dont-like-frauds on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lis will tell you.)

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by baumer7 Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi DLF,
    That looks just like it.  Not sure if you read farther back in this topic.  I had said that Kai told me (us) that he could understand a medium faking some times (mixed mediumship) & he also stated that Physical phenomena was better than actual evidence...I'll ask my friend to ask about the drivers license when the time comes...Maybe you can PM me about it?  If you could, please do...
Regards,
Steve
baumer7
baumer7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm

dont-like-frauds wrote:
baumer7 wrote:Cannot wait to hear more from DLF!  My medium friend is planning on doing more with Kai as far as teaching PM & more seances...will it turn out like Hermann???  We shall see.  Something I haven't mentioned is that he went outside right before the seance & I met him at the door when he came back...smelling like marijuana...maybe he uses it as an aid?  

Hey man, seems you have a good nose! Very Happy
I suggest the following to your friend:
Let him or she asks Kai Mügge, what happened with his driving license! Where is his driving license? Your friend should insists on a clear answer. Maybe he or she should get something in a written form about the driving license of Kai Mügge. Your friend should not be afraid to ask for the driving license of Kai Mügge, when they want to work together.

It seems to me, assuming this person actually had a driving license, but now does not, there are a few well-known reasons that might be the cause: reckless or dangerous driving or driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are causes that come readily to mind.

I wonder what is the reason in Mr Muegge's case?

As for Baumer7's  perception regarding what Muegge smelled of before the séance started, I can only say that if this is correct one must surely wonder whether what went on the séance room shortly after was really genuine mediumship. Surely, some one affected by such a drug would not be able to move into a genuine trance state in which his consciousness would be able to link with spirit. Somehow, I also think that spirit would not want to work through a person affected by mind-altering substances.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi don't-like-frauds,

On looking at the photos you have posted I am particularly struck by the third one in the series. It seems to me that that image quite clearly shows some sort of wire across Muegge's body connected to the light and to his thumb.

Most intriguing.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:36 pm

Baumer7,

Is the teaching of PM and séances your friend has planned with Kai Muegge anything to do with his planned trip to America in January next year?

I think I mentioned earlier on this thread that I understand that Muegge is now trying to find a way to legally visit the US early next year but might have difficulties.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:47 pm

baumer7 wrote:Hi DLF,
    That looks just like it.  Not sure if you read farther back in this topic.  I had said that Kai told me (us) that he could understand a medium faking some times (mixed mediumship) & he also stated that Physical phenomena was better than actual evidence...I'll ask my friend to ask about the drivers license when the time comes...Maybe you can PM me about it?  If you could, please do...
Regards,
Steve

''he also stated that Physical phenomena was better than actual evidence''

What a ridiculous thing to say, thats probably because he has never provided any evidence for postmortem survival during his seances. Phenomena alone does not provide evidence and support for continuous life. The basis of mediumship is to prove the continuity of life, the evidence backs up the phenomena. Clearly he hasn't a clue.

Last edited by Mark74 on Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:44 pm

I just thought that I would embed the you tube videos about the d'lite lights, just in case people do not click on the links Hermann has provided  I think we could say they have a more than uncanny similarity to the things Kai was doing in the pictures to say the very least.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:03 am

It's a sad fact that mediumship is seen by many in very different ways from the way Spiritualists see it.

Physical mediumship is seen as the production of phenomena and evidence of survival is a poor second if it's produced at all...  Non-physical mediumship (so-called 'spiritual mediumship') is often little more than psychic reading with scant evidence of survival or evidential spiritual philosophy/teaching.

Some modern-day mediums appear genuinely to see their gifts in such ways, particularly in connection with the (authentic) production of phenomena.

If it's not authentic, of course, it's simply fraud and trickery.

Last edited by mac on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : strike out 'evidential')

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:16 am

The video and the photos are uncannily similar - or perhaps understandably similar if they've been produced in similar ways....   Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:23 am

Last edited by Lis on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:03 am

Let me see if I have this right so far:

* Sticks and wires in the séance room (inside the cabinet?) that KM said were "ectoplasmic extensions" but this shouldn't be mentioned to others because one could think it's fraud;

* Black tape straps on the inside of the curtains in places that would not work for the purpose KM claimed;

* Mr. Nahm's report noting seeing such strips and fibre attached similar to that of the Halloween cobweb KM known to have purchased;

* A supposed materialised dog with a tail like a feather, not like it was in real life, and grabbed without apparent awareness or harm to the medium despite his claims to touch is dangerous;

* Other people also having touched 'things' - a green light on a thin stick; a hand shape above the plaque fixed to a thin stick;

* Doubts about whether the trance is genuine;

* Photos that show lights that appear like something similar to 'De'Lite Flight' magic trick;

* KM saying he could understand a medium faking some times;

* KM saying physical phenomena is better than evidence of survival;

* Possible use of an illegal substance before holding a séance.

* KM travelling to country/countries on tourist visa/s when intending to work.

OK. What does that all add up to? Not a lot that is positive from my perspective. Indeed, if I had been planning to have this person attend my home or centre to hold séances or run workshops I would at this point seriously rethink that plan.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:18 am

Even with the best will in the world it's hard to resist the conclusion that it's out-and-out fraud...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:33 am

I think I too am tending towards your conclusion, Mac.

It is always difficult, and so often things are capable of more than one interpretation, but in this case, it seems that the accumulating indications when viewed as a whole are quite disturbing. Doubly so, when I am reminded that it seems KM began his "experimental group" with the intent for it to form the basis for a documentary and he was willing to fake phenomena if no real phenomena occurred.

So one cannot help but ask - did no genuine phenomena occur and so the alternate option was put into action?

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:02 am

"The basis of mediumship is to prove the continuity of life"...Mark

Without this there is no Mediumship.
It is the entire purpose of Mediumship.

Our philosophy rests on on it.
Spiritualism is yet another theory without it.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:21 am

Indeed, you are right Hiorta. Well said.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:26 am

Absolutely Lis & Hiorta
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:42 am

Hi all,

Mark74 you are 100% correct here, the basis of mediumship IS to prove the continuity of life and I see no evidence of that in the Muegge seances. In fact its in short supply with many of the 'phenomena merchants'. One was a good friend of mine, and I am sorry to see his so called seances develop into farce, and that although I like the guy as a person he is 100% deluded in his assertion he is a physical medium !!.

One thing that always struck me with the Muegge set up was his blatant self promotion, and his assertion that he was following in the footsetps of the 'German physical mediumship tradition'...WHAT tradition ???. Germany was not world renowned for physical mediumship was it ?. I know Germany very well and have spent a good deal of time there, both in the north and south and my feeling is that the German populace would give short thrift to Muegges 'demonstrations'. If the Americans want to see these party tricks, then I feel sorry for them, as I am sure the majority in the USA have more sense.

Its a bit rich to link yourself to the 'greats of yesteryear' when the phenomena you are producing is the subject of so much controversy...Unfortunately it seems like another 'wanabee' may be biting the dust.

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by dont-like-frauds Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Last edited by Lis on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

dont-like-frauds

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next