SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish medium caught cheating

+13
obiwan
Jane Lyzell
tmmw
Dan
Claire
MrFree
Skye
Lis
mac
Wes
Admin
hiorta
zerdini
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating - Page 4 Empty Re: Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by Lis Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 pm

[quote="Claire"][quote] Anders Akesson was recently at Cober Hill where I am informed he demonstrated his mediumship alongside Stuart A. and allegedly stated that he is going to take over when the latter retires.

Anders Akersson has never demonstrated physical mediumship at a Stewart Alexander seminar.

Claire,

I don't believe that the remark you quoted actually suggests that Akesson demonstrated at a Stewart Alexander seminar.

I believe that this Swedish medium may have 'demonstrated' at Cober Hill 'in the presence of' Stewart Alexander, (and other people) which neither suggests involvement in the demonstration by Alexander, nor in any way conveys any acceptance by Alexander that this medium is either genuine or in support of any claim by Akesson that he is going to take over the role of Alexander after he retires.

What is important is the fact that this person cheated during a demonstration, indeed, it appears that he cheated in three ways: one by, with 'malice aforethought' (a phrase so beloved in the court room), bringing into the seance room equipment designed to deceive those present into believing there were genuine 'spirit lights' in the room, and secondly, by his ability, no doubt practised until perfected, of releasing himself from the cable tie restraints so that he could move (unseen in the darkness) around the room producing false phenomena, and thirdly by pretending to relay information from a loved one in spirit when it was not that loved one communicating,

All of these actions of dishonesty show an unfortunate lack of moral, ethical and spiritual integrity and demonstrates a willingness to mislead people and to falsely convey to people, both those in the seance room, and those in the larger community interested in physical mediumship, that this person was a genuine medium when clearly he was not, since his phenomena was not genuine.

While what has happened in relation to this particular person is appalling, as yet again, a so-called physical medium has abused the trust of the people who have paid to experience his mediumship, the situation also reveals a number of issues of significance that should not be overlooked.

They are, in short:

1. People are able to remove themselves from cable ties - so cable ties cannot be seen as an effective means of restraint ensuring that the mediumship is genuine.

2. So called 'spirit lights' are capable of being produced fraudulently so in themselves cannot be seen as irrefutable evidence of spirit presence in the room.

3. Despite claims to the contrary by many alleged physical mediums, it is clearly possible for a person to move around the darkened room in order to produce false phenomena and remain undetected, so the apparent presence of a spirit in a totally dark room moving about, or jumping up and down on a wooden floor or touching the hands of the sitters cannot be relied upon as evidence of spirit presence. All these 'phenomena' can be fraudulently produced.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating - Page 4 Empty Re: Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by Lis Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Perhaps it is also relevant to return to consider some other issues raised earlier in this thread:

1. Would a genuine physical medium cheat sometimes, and if so why?

2. What should be our attitude to an allegedly genuine medium who is caught cheating?

3. In rational terms, should the medium being caught cheating, cause us to question whether their earlier work was in fact genuine or merely false mediumship that went undetected?

4. When a medium is caught cheating, should we discuss the fraud but not mention the name of the medium who cheated because it might 'undermine' the belief in physical mediumship or the 'work' of other physical mediums?

5. Should we 'forgive' an allegedly genuine medium who has on one occasion (or more) been caught cheating, because we believe they don't always cheat, and are only human and make mistakes?

6. Can an allegedly genuine medium who has been caught cheating be 'rehabilitated' and once more be accepted into the fold of physical mediums, and if so what would constitute appropriate rehabilitation?

7. How can anyone ensure that an allegedly genuine medium is not cheating again, when they have been caught cheating previously?

Well, I have quite a few thoughts on these issues, but perhaps others would like to share their views first?

To do so might generate some constructive discussion on what are important issues.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:48 pm

While I think about it, I want to add one more thought. We should not overlook the fact that cheating in the seance room, especially when monies have been paid to attend, is in reality a criminal act, an act of deliberate deception, an act done with intent (mens rea) to commit that deception, for the benefit of the deceiver.

Such fraudulent conduct is done knowing that it is wrong, knowing that it cheats people, knowing that people will be duped into believing something that is not real.

Much has been made in an earlier post or two about the 'psychological' factors that might cause a person to cheat - but ultimately whatever 'psychological factors are at work, the crime cannot be excused.

The fraud is premeditated, and consciously done. Those who do it, if caught should accept the consequences of their deliberate actions, and we are fools if we try to excuse the crime or let the cheat not experience the consequences.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Fraudulent mediumship for any purpose is wrong, absolutely wrong.
The motive may be to let the expectant sitters down gently, or preserve a reputation, or simply due to experiencing a withdrawal of sufficient energy - but in all cases, an honest statement of the position to the sitters, must be preferable to cheating.

The other side of the coin is that sitters must accept that such things can and do happen.

I remember a Sunday morning service at the Glasgow Association, when a visiting Medium experienced such an occasion. He apologised and said simply that he was 'getting absolutely nothing' (it was mental Mediumship).
The congregation were sympathetic and understanding and admired his courage in what must have been a Mediums' worst nightmare.
He returned to serve that Church many times afterwards, with reputation enhanced.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:03 pm

Good questions Lis.

I also wonder at the fact that having admitted cheating he still went to Cober Hill, a tactful withdrawal may have beem a much wiser course to ensure he distanced himself from any association with Stewart at this time. However, when he received the support he seemed to from some of his peers he probably thought things were OK and no one would make a challenge.

Everything you say is valid and I think people should look at the questions you have asked and think hard about them. Then let us know those thoughts. I thank Hiorta for his and think that the Medium he spoke about did the brave and entirely correct thing. I have had one say they are getting nothing today so if you do not mind I will work Psychically.

To your list of the things we now are aware a cheating physical medium can do, escape cable ties, fake phenomena and move around a darkened room I want to add another. From a previous exposure, where the blackout failed we know that the close support group can become involved in aiding the "Mediums" activities.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:22 pm

Hiorta wrote:

Fraudulent mediumship for any purpose is wrong, absolutely wrong.
The motive may be to let the expectant sitters down gently, or preserve a reputation, or simply due to experiencing a withdrawal of sufficient energy - but in all cases, an honest statement of the position to the sitters, must be preferable to cheating.

The other side of the coin is that sitters must accept that such things can and do happen.

I remember a Sunday morning service at the Glasgow Association, when a visiting Medium experienced such an occasion. He apologised and said simply that he was 'getting absolutely nothing' (it was mental Mediumship).
The congregation were sympathetic and understanding and admired his courage in what must have been a Mediums' worst nightmare.
He returned to serve that Church many times afterwards, with reputation enhanced.

I recall a similar situation when a very well-known medium was demonstrating at Stansted Hall when he suddenly announced that he was not receiving anything , apologised and sat down.

No amount of cajoling from the Chairwoman could induce him to stand up again and try to continue.

I was so impressed by his integrity that I invited him to give a demonstration at the church at which I was Vice-President which he agreed to do.

The accuracy of his demonstration that evening was astounding.

Integrity in mediumship is everything.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 am

Funny how Mr Free disappeared just like the last time we had a similar debate! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 pm

I have just removed the posts from sprhelper. I have stored them elsewhere in case the member attacked wishes to take any action.

This was a nasty and unpleasant attack on a member here and the second time such has occured when a debate occurs on a physical medium which the suppporters wish to stop. This thread concerns a "medium" who has admitted cheating so to use material like this as a means of defending the individual is both unpleasant and valueless. I must advise this poster and others use of this forum to make allegations of improper conduct elesewhere about any person which has no relation to a topic or this forum will not be tolerated.

I also note that the "evidence" given related to an incident roughly 40 years ago. Well I guess Anders knows how long he will now be Pursued.

It also involved an unsubstantiated further claim. It is totally improper to use such attacks on a forum like this. If someone has issues with another, they should be dealt with off-list and not attempt to use this forum as a means of public vilification.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:02 am

What have allegations of 40 yrs ago got to do with a thread on a cheating Swedish medium? I'm missing something maybe?

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:15 am

Perhaps a classic case of when you cannot attack the information try to attack the person - always an indication that the person doing the attacking is in a weak position.

This thread is about the actions of a Swedish medium who was caught cheating and admitted cheating and whose conduct has a damaging effect on the Spiritualist movement and the physical mediumship field in particular.

There are some in the physical mediumship field who seem to have a significant interest in down-playing this fraudulent activity, who seem to want it swept under the carpet.

One is drawn to wonder just why that should be. Perhaps, in highlighting that it is possible to get out of cable ties, and move around in the dark, and bring into the seance room undetected equipment with which to deceive people, those certain physical mediums are unhappy in case people begin to wonder whether they too might be doing it.

Indeed, one feels compelled to ask are they?

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:18 am

Agreed Lis, given the nasty nature of the events I would name the person but they used the actor Tom Berringer as a pseudonym.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:49 am

PM4U seems to be encouraging Warren Caylor and his new circle. I guess that fits.

Dan

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:53 am

Hi Dan,

Yes it would seem to fit within their philosophy of never criticising and Physical medium.

One does wonder how it works given the bagging David Thompson gave Warren Caylor when Warren was caught that time.

The sad thing is it really has an impact upon how outsiders will see all of those involved in Physical mediumship when they include one who has admitted cheating and one who has so publically been outed for his shennanigans.

Once again a perfect opening for the sceptics to bag all of those involved.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 am

Hello Lis,

Thank you for your presentation of inspiring ideas with this subject, much food for thought. I have attempted to answer your questions, my answers are in bold italic font.

Lis wrote:Perhaps it is also relevant to return to consider some other issues raised earlier in this thread:

1. Would a genuine physical medium cheat sometimes, and if so why? A: Never, that would send a message to everyone that it is ok to be dishonest sometimes... To bring comfort to people in an honest manner is the only way to go and encourage others to follow this example.

2. What should be our attitude to an allegedly genuine medium who is caught cheating? Be completely firm about this not being acceptable, reveal their names. If this idea was actively backed by many people it would discourage cheating and encourage integrety. Move PM into the 21st century with the greater intention of helping honestly.

3. In rational terms, should the medium being caught cheating, cause us to question whether their earlier work was in fact genuine or merely false mediumship that went undetected? Of course, it would always be uncertain in people's minds.

4. When a medium is caught cheating, should we discuss the fraud but not mention the name of the medium who cheated because it might 'undermine' the belief in physical mediumship or the 'work' of other physical mediums? The name should be mentioned to send the message to others that cheating is unacceptable and we won't stand for it.

5. Should we 'forgive' an allegedly genuine medium who has on one occasion (or more) been caught cheating, because we believe they don't always cheat, and are only human and make mistakes? Again I feel it shouldn't be encouraged to cheat, being human isn't an excuse, why should they put their human needs before those that are in a delicate state grieving the loss of their loved ones? There should be newer methods employed that would detect fraud 100% without question.

6. Can an allegedly genuine medium who has been caught cheating be 'rehabilitated' and once more be accepted into the fold of physical mediums, and if so what would constitute appropriate rehabilitation? Perhaps it is possible Only if the proper checks and balances were in place to absolutely prevent fraud.

7. How can anyone ensure that an allegedly genuine medium is not cheating again, when they have been caught cheating previously? It would always be questioned.

Well, I have quite a few thoughts on these issues, but perhaps others would like to share their views first?

To do so might generate some constructive discussion on what are important issues.

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:13 am

Hi TMMW for adding your thoughts to the discussion.

I tend to agree with you that when cheating occurs we should not be afraid to 'say it as it is' and reveal who has cheated and in what way they have done so in order that we both warn those who are vulnerable about potential fraud and educate them as well as to the ways it is possible for alleged physical mediums to cheat.

It is also vital that those who enter into the field of physical mediumship understand in no uncertain terms that cheating will not be tolerated - ever.

I also agree, unless a medium who had previously cheated was subject to fool-proof methods that would detect and expose fraud with 100% certainty, we should not either encourage them to continue with their mediumship nor give credence to any phenomena they allegedly produce.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:46 pm

I´m in here now and happy to answer any qveustiuns santa
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Thank you and welcome Jane
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:47 am

I am sure that we will have questions we would like to ask you Jane, though it may have to wait until we have got past the Christmas break as so many other matters take up our time and attention.

I am sure we will all look forward to hearing from you what occurred so that we can evaluate the situation from an informed position.

Best wishes, and Merry Christmas to you and all.

Lis

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

Very Happy Merry Christmas
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:23 am

Merry Christmas to you Jane. You said it was ok to ask questions and I have one. I read somewhere that Anders Akkeson had given some apparent survival evidence about your mother and it was flawed. Was that correct?
Claire

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:11 pm

Claire wrote:Merry Christmas to you Jane. You said it was ok to ask questions and I have one. I read somewhere that Anders Akkeson had given some apparent survival evidence about your mother and it was flawed. Was that correct?
Claire

Merry Christmas santa
No my mother is stil alive Very Happy it was my sister and today i dont knowe what to think of that evidence? it whas real for mee att the time(the firts time) and i prefear to leave it that whay! the secound time well that one is questioning.
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 pm

Anders is continjuing whit his physical mediumship and doing seanse and cources in it in sweden - it is discusting Rolling Eyes

they have took away my posting on FB (complaiend to FB) i gees it is becource it is American that that was possible hear in Sweden we have this
FREEDOM OF SPEECH
they ho hold his back in england are still doing that what i knowe- and they say that 90 % of physical mediums sheat some times - if thats the thrut, then just 10 % shuld bee aloude to at continue to be physical medium
and the 90 % shuld bee exposed Twisted Evil
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Well said Jane and you are free to speak out on here.

Once Mediums cheat then the whole basic truth behind Spiritualism is debased. After all one of the leading exposers of Fraudulent mediumship was Maurice Barbanell. Unless we do expose it then you reach a stage wehre no one will really beleieve even the genuine Mediums
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:02 am

Admin wrote:Well said Jane and you are free to speak out on here.

Once Mediums cheat then the whole basic truth behind Spiritualism is debased. After all one of the leading exposers of Fraudulent mediumship was Maurice Barbanell. Unless we do expose it then you reach a stage wehre no one will really beleieve even the genuine Mediums

Ha ha ha ha .... sorry to lafe but you made a evidence for me here right now........on one of the last courses i did whit Anders at his place, as a guest tuter(i dident goth payed, for free) I wery realy do trans demonstraitions , but on this ocanchun i did! I do love Maurice Barbanell ore shuld i say Silver Birch, it is my bibel Very Happy aboute maurice i havent so muth nolege, more than everybody els!

whell enyway - Mauruce trancespayer (transfiguraition) over my face and spok a fju wurds - one of the student reconaist it was him, when she see a foto of him- she told mee mont laither . whell i take things like that whit a pinch of salt. took it as a nice thing if it wuld have been him- and i culd underrstand it becource of that i like the Silver Birch so mutsh I love you

But now you telling me this ofcource he was there , seeing whit my ayese - when the physical seans whit Anders was the day before - it was the mosth horible seans he has done and i was qwestening a loth after that one! Thanks Maurice Wink
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:44 pm

http://www.supranaturalis.se/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=345&Itemid=30

The tape recording of telephone confrontation on Anders Åkesson's cheating! telphon Between Anders Åkesson (AÅ) and Per-Ola (P-O) The man who made the confrontation.
It is in swedish but you can do translaition on google - Anders are blaming english physical medium and helpers......fore his on sheting and trying to werefy it, that it is sheating in al physical mediumship Evil or Very Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next