SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light

+8
Azur
Wes
Lis
Silvercord Admin
Jane Lyzell
mac
Admin
light of truth
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light Empty Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light

Post by light of truth Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:16 pm

This has been split off from the original thread because it took the discussion away reducing the impact of the actual revelations Light of Truth, an unknown supporter of PM who posted from London and the South West (Bristol/Devon area) effectively trolled the topic to minimise its importance the main bit is here https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t966-swedish-medium-caught-cheating

OH MY GOD! listen to the lot of you! sound like baying wolves out for blood! why dont you try being a physical medium yourself before you start slating and insulting those who have chosen to spend many years of their lives to serve spirit. do you think physical mediums become rich? no! maybe the mental ones who make it on television and tour concert halls. im surprised people go into  physical mediumship these days. so many wolves out there baying for their blood and screaming fraud all the time. i dont excuse what this medium did. but why would you think his spirit team would desert him? of course not! we have free will and your guide will not desert you and leave you because of your bad action. that is why progression is open to every human soul. we make mistakes. this guy did, but doesnt mean he's always a fraud. as for gordon higginson, God bless him. he was a phenomenal genuine medium i had the pleasure to meet. i know of one physical medium who spent the last 3 decades working quietly. her public demonstrations were very closed to the public. why? her choice. she'd been injured and badly burnt by some silly persons action with a light and suffered bad burns and spent the nite coughing up blood. she was 100% genuine but after her injuries chose only to work with carefully vetted people. no one has a right to insist that a physical medium has to show the whole world their phenomena. no they do not! its thier life! and if they feel they dont want the danger, then its their choice. sad this guy did what the did, but all the many years he spent previously were not fraudulent. so do not kick him in the gutter! what happened to empathy, love and understanding and forgiveness? your spirit team and guide would never leave you. they are assigned to you and will stick by you whatever choices you make. why? you see, they know there is always scope to overcome and improve. and try, try and try again. i would sit with this guy if i had the chance. he made a  mistake..a bad one. but he spent years serving spirit and will spend many more years doing this. so, Bless him, i pray he moves on and carries on the good work and the wolves back off. you end up causing genuine physical mediums not wanting to come out into the world with their achievements. i dont blame them. the spirit world is full of love and forgiveness, progression of the soul. remember that, those of you with over inflated egos baying for blood! you are all spirit living a human existence! never forget that. never forget the brotherhood of man! so hey! be nice, be humble, be understanding, be forgiving, be all the wonderful attributes that you can find in yourself as spirit. pick those up who have fallen on the ground and do not kick and grind them in the dust. you do that, then the lower realms of the spirit world is the home you go back to. and as to the person who said the spirit team knew and should have left, that shows how little knowledge and intelligence you have of spirit! your guide is assigned to you for your earthly life, whatever mistakes and choices you make! they never leave you. they may hurt and be saddened by the choices you make but they stay with you, working with you, always trying to improve and help you. and this is what will happen to this medium. i for myself do not condone what he did, but as one spirit to another, i say, get up as there is work to be done! God Bless and may the light of the highest realms shine on those of you who curse and say nasty things about all mediums. we are all spirit living a human temporary life and we all make mistakes. being spiritual is learning and moving on and not kicking someone already on the ground,  more and more, piling on hurt and anger and all that is evil in human emotions. Be spiritual and be of Light!

light of truth

Back to top Go down

Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light Empty Re: Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light

Post by Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Gee whizz Light of Truth your defence is so aggressive it makes anything we have said sound gentle. To be quite honest I am fed up with people constantly defending the indefensible by using this approach and telling us how nasty we are. Every case of dodgy Mediumship that occurs does our cause more and more damage in the real world.

Spiritualism should be a major part of that real world but the fact is that too many nutty psychics, dodgy healers and people caught in fraud do nothing to help gain general acceptance of our truth. We are tarred by many who have little idea of what Spiritualism stands for and represents.

To be honest is it any wonder we can get nowhere or create changes when Anders admits his guilt and is welcomed back to work by the Physical Mediumship community. Any adverse comment about anybody who is part of that PM community is attacked vitriolically as if we should never comment when fraud appears.

One of the biggest debunkers of Fraud was Maurice Barbanell and were he still around I would bet more people would be attacking him for criticism of Mediums.

By the way the opportunities to make large sums of money are pretty good for a physical medium who achieves success. Last year David Thompson performed over 31 paid seances (at rates varying from 45 pound to 180 swiss Francs), in Florida, the UK on several occaions, Switzerland, NZ and Aus. Plus, of course, trance demonstrations, lectures etc. With minimum attendance guarantees for seance that is a considerable sum, well above many of the professional mental mediums. Well good on him he has a considerable demand out there, as would other physical mediums. On the programme he has started for next year he could well exceed this number in 2012.

Oh by the way the vast majority of mental medium work on a mainly voluntarily basis servicing the Churches and Centres, albeit some make a living by readings. Just as many physical mediums who work in private circles as I am aware.

If you read the rest of the site you will find testaments to the many fine mediums who have illuminated our history. There are so many positive stories on here but do not expect this forum to back away from discussing any matter where evidential proof turns up which raises an issue.

Spiritualism is a Belief, a Philosophy, a Truth and it should be a science as it was once in the past when it expected Mediums to be tested.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light Empty Re: Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light

Post by mac Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I didn't even get beyond the first couple of sentences - did the writer genuinely mean the piece as a serious contribution? One has to wonder about who'd write that stuff and what they think they'll achieve. I guess it helps gets something out of their system...... Crying or Very sad

I'd never make it as a website owner with such 'stuff' to have to wade through. shidad Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:06 pm

It will be interesting to see if we get a reply Mac and once again its done using a hotmail email address and a Pseudonym. Yet when the debate occured upon Spirit of PN, about David Thompson, the physical mediumship supporters were very determined to put down this particular practice.

I admit I appear on here as the ubiquitous Admin but I reckon most people know I am Jim Warwood, even if that does not enlighten them much more than the word Admin. In truth I have absolutely no problem with Pseudonym's but I really believe that if you want to attack as aggressively as this you should say who you are.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh I forgot to say Mac that when I came on this morning and saw a new member called Light of Truth I knew instantly that something like this would have been posted somewhere on teh forum about physical mediumship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:24 pm

light of truth wrote:OH MY GOD! listen to the lot of you! sound like baying wolves out for blood! why dont you try being a physical medium yourself before you start slating and insulting those who have chosen to spend many years of their lives to serve spirit. do you think physical mediums become rich? no! maybe the mental ones who make it on television and tour concert halls. im surprised people go into physical mediumship these days. so many wolves out there baying for their blood and screaming fraud all the time. i dont excuse what this medium did. but why would you think his spirit team would desert him? of course not! we have free will and your guide will not desert you and leave you because of your bad action. that is why progression is open to every human soul. we make mistakes. this guy did, but doesnt mean he's always a fraud. as for gordon higginson, God bless him. he was a phenomenal genuine medium i had the pleasure to meet. i know of one physical medium who spent the last 3 decades working quietly. her public demonstrations were very closed to the public. why? her choice. she'd been injured and badly burnt by some silly persons action with a light and suffered bad burns and spent the nite coughing up blood. she was 100% genuine but after her injuries chose only to work with carefully vetted people. no one has a right to insist that a physical medium has to show the whole world their phenomena. no they do not! its thier life! and if they feel they dont want the danger, then its their choice. sad this guy did what the did, but all the many years he spent previously were not fraudulent. so do not kick him in the gutter! what happened to empathy, love and understanding and forgiveness? your spirit team and guide would never leave you. they are assigned to you and will stick by you whatever choices you make. why? you see, they know there is always scope to overcome and improve. and try, try and try again. i would sit with this guy if i had the chance. he made a mistake..a bad one. but he spent years serving spirit and will spend many more years doing this. so, Bless him, i pray he moves on and carries on the good work and the wolves back off. you end up causing genuine physical mediums not wanting to come out into the world with their achievements. i dont blame them. the spirit world is full of love and forgiveness, progression of the soul. remember that, those of you with over inflated egos baying for blood! you are all spirit living a human existence! never forget that. never forget the brotherhood of man! so hey! be nice, be humble, be understanding, be forgiving, be all the wonderful attributes that you can find in yourself as spirit. pick those up who have fallen on the ground and do not kick and grind them in the dust. you do that, then the lower realms of the spirit world is the home you go back to. and as to the person who said the spirit team knew and should have left, that shows how little knowledge and intelligence you have of spirit! your guide is assigned to you for your earthly life, whatever mistakes and choices you make! they never leave you. they may hurt and be saddened by the choices you make but they stay with you, working with you, always trying to improve and help you. and this is what will happen to this medium. i for myself do not condone what he did, but as one spirit to another, i say, get up as there is work to be done! God Bless and may the light of the highest realms shine on those of you who curse and say nasty things about all mediums. we are all spirit living a human temporary life and we all make mistakes. being spiritual is learning and moving on and not kicking someone already on the ground, more and more, piling on hurt and anger and all that is evil in human emotions. Be spiritual and be of Light!

The wolf in this cace ar Anders åkesson and you are his lams following a froude Evil or Very Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 pm

Admin and mac
probebly a swedish persen ore one of his english folowers- Mad

thanks for your coments on this- have a nice New year! yeti

I have just going oute whit information in sweden aboute por mediumship in general - and that inkluding physical mediumship - as a recomender to not goo to the wrong persens- I gees some are pist off Swedish Medium Caught Cheating Part two Light 382644
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14 am

Admin wrote:It will be interesting to see if we get a reply Mac and once again its done using a hotmail email address and a Pseudonym. Yet when the debate occured upon Spirit of PN, about David Thompson, the physical mediumship supporters were very determined to put down this particular practice.

I admit I appear on here as the ubiquitous Admin but I reckon most people know I am Jim Warwood, even if that does not enlighten them much more than the word Admin. In truth I have absolutely no problem with Pseudonym's but I really believe that if you want to attack as aggressively as this you should say who you are.

I won't be holding my breath, Jim, waiting for a response! Laughing

Anyone who's a regular contributor here should quickly realise your identity, much as I did myself when I joined some time back.

Angry members are doubtless more familiar to you as the owner than to me but even I have seen plenty of similar rants in my years online. We'd be foolish indeed to pay any heed to what's scrawled in them.

It's a sad individual who feel compelled to write in such a way Crying or Very sad - especially so when your website is one where serious discussion/debate between knowledgeable individuals is the norm. But entering into debate and discussion is hardly likely to be the intention of this new member. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvercord Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:17 am

By the way the opportunities to make large sums of money are pretty good for a physical medium who achieves success. Last year David Thompson performed over 31 paid seances (at rates varying from 45 pound to 180 swiss Francs), in Florida, the UK on several occaions, Switzerland, NZ and Aus. Plus, of course, trance demonstrations, lectures etc. With minimum attendance guarantees for seance that is a considerable sum, well above many of the professional mental mediums. Well good on him he has a considerable demand out there, as would other physical mediums. On the programme he has started for next year he could well exceed this number in 2012.

Dear Mr Warwood,

May it be kindly noted that the figures you quote for David Thompson seances, are not that which he exactly earns himself, but is a figure agreed upon along with the hosts expenses added in, In the statement you make it sound as if he earns all of that income, you are not only making an incorrect assumption, but are totally wrong and in no such position to make statements about it. You are in no position to know any of the financial affairs of Mr Thompson, so would kindly ask you to not involve yourself in such matters which are not your business. It also should be made very clear to you, that at times there are seances conducted with only 10 people, so again you assume that every seance has a large number of people involved, how very wrong you are. Some of the seances that you quote, have also been for charity. Kindly refrain from any further comments which are inaccurate, as you have been asked to do so before on numerous occasions.

Regards,

Silvercord Circle Administration.

Silvercord Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:11 am

Hi David and Christine ,

You are welcome to join in discussions here and I promise that no one will be rude to you or in any way unpleasant. Should that occur then obviously I will edit it out.

I note that you have quoted a portion of my response to light of truth. I would point out I did not state that David Thompson earned any figure, I stated that there were over 31 paid seances at varying rates in various countries. No doubt the organisers of such events needed to cover their expenses. The question however, of the number of seances and the charges for attending them is undoubtedly a matter of public interest, a great deal of information regarding Mr Thompson's Seances and charges are already in the public domain.

Comments on this thread merely reflect what anybody would find about Mr Thompson and his Seances on the Internet.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:17 am

To return to the main discussion:

'light of truth' has suggested that comments on here about Anders Akersson "sound like baying wolves out for blood." Indeed, that is probably the least rude remark made by the poster about comments on this forum.

Perhaps, just a short word about the right of people to express their opinion about a medium who was not only caught out acting fraudulently, but admitted that he had acted in that manner, will remind us all, that there is no shame, or reason to criticize people, who believe that fraud is unacceptable in the context of Spiritualism and Spiritualist mediumship.

As for whether such a person's guides would continue to work with them, and forgive their fraudulent ways, perhaps they would, but the reality is, whether they would do so or not, has nothing to do with the right of people who have been cheated speaking out. Nor should it deny those who believe in the reality of spirit from speaking out to decry fraud whenever, and wherever it is found to have occurred.

While we may feel compassion for the person who has acted fraudulently, while we may hope that in time they will realize the folly of their ways, we do not need to be ashamed to speak out and stand firm against such fraudulent activities. Nor should we, just because we are Spiritualists, be willing to pretend that such persons having destroyed their credibility by cheating, are somehow really genuine, and were always genuine until they happened to be caught cheating. To do so is stupid in the extreme. People who cheat, are people who are willing to cheat whenever it is necessary or expedient, and until they prove otherwise, should not be considered worthy of our trust having been found cheating. To suggest that such cheaters have actually spent "many years of their lives" serving spirit is insulting to spirit. If they were serving spirit THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CHEATING!

As for whether physical mediums become rich - there have been some who certainly made a very nice living out of it - and so long as a physical medium is genuine and treats those who attend their seances with honesty, dignity and respect and provide genuine evidence of survival - good luck to them - but to pretend that some physical mediums have not made money, and sometimes quite a lot of money out of their mediumship, is simply ridiculous.

Regarding the "brotherhood of man" remark - I would just point out this principle is really telling us to treat our fellow creatures with HONESTY and not cheat them, or lie to them, or abuse their trust, or deny them the right to express their opinion - or to attack others because they hold a view other than our own. On this forum, we have not attacked people for holding an opposing or different view. We have tried at all times to express factual information and comment upon that.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Lis wrote:To return to the main discussion:

'light of truth' has suggested that comments on here about Anders Akersson "sound like baying wolves out for blood." Indeed, that is probably the least rude remark made by the poster about comments on this forum.

Perhaps, just a short word about the right of people to express their opinion about a medium who was not only caught out acting fraudulently, but admitted that he had acted in that manner, will remind us all, that there is no shame, or reason to criticize people, who believe that fraud is unacceptable in the context of Spiritualism and Spiritualist mediumship.

As for whether such a person's guides would continue to work with them, and forgive their fraudulent ways, perhaps they would, but the reality is, whether they would do so or not, has nothing to do with the right of people who have been cheated speaking out. Nor should it deny those who believe in the reality of spirit from speaking out to decry fraud whenever, and wherever it is found to have occurred.

While we may feel compassion for the person who has acted fraudulently, while we may hope that in time they will realize the folly of their ways, we do not need to be ashamed to speak out and stand firm against such fraudulent activities. Nor should we, just because we are Spiritualists, be willing to pretend that such persons having destroyed their credibility by cheating, are somehow really genuine, and were always genuine until they happened to be caught cheating. To do so is stupid in the extreme. People who cheat, are people who are willing to cheat whenever it is necessary or expedient, and until they prove otherwise, should not be considered worthy of our trust having been found cheating. To suggest that such cheaters have actually spent "many years of their lives" serving spirit is insulting to spirit. If they were serving spirit THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN CHEATING!

As for whether physical mediums become rich - there have been some who certainly made a very nice living out of it - and so long as a physical medium is genuine and treats those who attend their seances with honesty, dignity and respect and provide genuine evidence of survival - good luck to them - but to pretend that some physical mediums have not made money, and sometimes quite a lot of money out of their mediumship, is simply ridiculous.

Regarding the "brotherhood of man" remark - I would just point out this principle is really telling us to treat our fellow creatures with HONESTY and not cheat them, or lie to them, or abuse their trust, or deny them the right to express their opinion - or to attack others because they hold a view other than our own. On this forum, we have not attacked people for holding an opposing or different view. We have tried at all times to express factual information and comment upon that.

Thanks Lis fore expressing what i cant ing english - i agree whit every word Very Happy
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:52 pm

[quote="Lis"][quote="Claire"]
Anders Akesson was recently at Cober Hill where I am informed he demonstrated his mediumship alongside Stuart A. and allegedly stated that he is going to take over when the latter retires.

Anders Akersson has never demonstrated physical mediumship at a Stewart Alexander seminar.

Claire,

I don't believe that the remark you quoted actually suggests that Akesson demonstrated at a Stewart Alexander seminar.

I believe that this Swedish medium may have 'demonstrated' at Cober Hill 'in the presence of' Stewart Alexander, (and other people) which neither suggests involvement in the demonstration by Alexander, nor in any way conveys any acceptance by Alexander that this medium is either genuine or in support of any claim by Akesson that he is going to take over the role of Alexander after he retires.

What is important is the fact that this person cheated during a demonstration, indeed, it appears that he cheated in three ways: one by, with 'malice aforethought' (a phrase so beloved in the court room), bringing into the seance room equipment designed to deceive those present into believing there were genuine 'spirit lights' in the room, and secondly, by his ability, no doubt practised until perfected, of releasing himself from the cable tie restraints so that he could move (unseen in the darkness) around the room producing false phenomena, and thirdly by pretending to relay information from a loved one in spirit when it was not that loved one communicating,

All of these actions of dishonesty show an unfortunate lack of moral, ethical and spiritual integrity and demonstrates a willingness to mislead people and to falsely convey to people, both those in the seance room, and those in the larger community interested in physical mediumship, that this person was a genuine medium when clearly he was not, since his phenomena was not genuine.

While what has happened in relation to this particular person is appalling, as yet again, a so-called physical medium has abused the trust of the people who have paid to experience his mediumship, the situation also reveals a number of issues of significance that should not be overlooked.

They are, in short:

1. People are able to remove themselves from cable ties - so cable ties cannot be seen as an effective means of restraint ensuring that the mediumship is genuine.

2. So called 'spirit lights' are capable of being produced fraudulently so in themselves cannot be seen as irrefutable evidence of spirit presence in the room.

3. Despite claims to the contrary by many alleged physical mediums, it is clearly possible for a person to move around the darkened room in order to produce false phenomena and remain undetected, so the apparent presence of a spirit in a totally dark room moving about, or jumping up and down on a wooden floor or touching the hands of the sitters cannot be relied upon as evidence of spirit presence. All these 'phenomena' can be fraudulently produced.

Azur this is a quote from an earlier page of this thread and may explain why Anders dragged Stewart Alexander's name into things. Ander's had made a claim that he would take over Stewart's role in physical mediumship when he retires and was approved of by him. Once again it is terrible that he should try to drag such a highly respected person who has credibility and integrity into this mess.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by light of truth Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:47 am

my comments are not aggressive, maybe a tad irritated at smallmindedness.. thats it!
and no i am not swedish!
every medium is at varied levels of spiritual growth and it is and never will be our place to judge. we will never be judge and jury.
i dont condemn cheating, as an evolving spirit i have empathy and love and forgiveness and know progression is open to all, even the cheating.
all of us have made commitments in the spirit world to help each other. HELP, not rebuke and become judges of others actions.
some of us are however slow to keep our covenants made so long ago. some of us sadly fall on the wayside.
We all lack pure knowledge and should never judge another! that is their pathway and not ours. the minute we judge others for their mistakes, faults or shortcomings, we are displaying a similar shortcoming in ourselves!
when we fall down, we need to get up, dust ourselves off, and get moving again.
it is important to remember though that the source is the judge of each soul and the severity of each souls trials. we are here to experiment, to make mistakes. we are not to judge, we just need to take life one step at a time, not worrying about other people's judgement of us nor measuring ourselves by their measuring sticks. We need to forgive and be grateful for the things that help us grow. Our most severe challenges will one day reveal themselves to be our greatest teachers. this may be so in the said mediums case. Love is supreme, without love we are nothing. we are here to help each other, to care for each other, to understand, forgive and serve one another. we grow by these actions. although our spirit bodies are full of light, truth and love, they must battle constantly to overcome the flesh. as humans we see only temporary strengths and weaknesses. let go of anger, hate, envy, bitterness and the refusal to forgive. these things destroy the spirit.
it is not right to cheat but to evolve, we must learn to forgive. Blessings x

light of truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:28 am

Clearly 'light of truth' you have not yet grasped the difference between judging a person's ACTIONS and judging a person. It is the former that is being 'judged' or in fact evaluated and found wanting.

That a person is willing, however, to deceive people into thinking they are witnessing real spirit phenomena when they are not, is a person who leaves themselves open to criticism for their actions.

The issue has nothing whatever to do with the level of spiritual growth, other than it is obvious that in this case, the so-called medium exhibited a very low level of spiritual integrity by cheating and deceiving people. That is a fact, not a judgement.

To act fraudulently in the situation of physical mediumship is conduct so despicable that it is only just, right and proper, to expose that conduct so that others will not be hurt by the deceitfulness of this person. That IS helping others - helping them by the act of giving knowledge of fraudulent behaviour - in order to protect them from harm.

You are right in saying it is not right to cheat, but forgiving someone for their transgressions does not mean we should turn a blind eye to the nature of their actions nor to ignore the intent of their deceit.

We may hope that Akesson has learned from this exposure of his fraudulent conduct - and will feel the shame that he has brought upon himself by what he did. He should, however, also recognize the shame he has brought onto the Spiritualist movement as well.

There are some actions which are so damaging that it is unwise to excuse them even if we recognize that action is brought about by a lack of spiritual integrity or wisdom.

A person who claims to be a physical medium but has been found acting fraudulently must face the fact that the whole of their history as a medium is called into question. One can now never be sure that he was not always cheating. We cannot trust that there was any genuine mediumship on any occasion. If there was, but this person also chose to cheat, sadly, he must accept the consequences of his own actions and understand his mediumship will now always be doubted.

That is not judging, it is stating the bald reality of the situation.

Last edited by Lis on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:52 am

Let's face it, Akesson KNEW that he was deceiving people by fraudulently producing what those in the seance room thought was spirit phenomena. He was prepared to do this - and even seems to have attempted to justify his actions by suggesting ALL physical mediums 'supplement' the real phenomena - presumably to put on a good show, or perhaps to self-aggrandize the medium's perceived importance and abilities.

Quite apart from the lack of spiritual integrity demonstrated by such conduct, the willingness to cast a slur on all other physical mediums, as a way of trying to mitigate his own dishonest conduct, was to cast a dark cloud over the Spiritualist movement's efforts to bring the truth of survival and spirit contact to public attention. Akesson was clearly willing to risk bringing Spiritualism, and physical mediumship into disrepute by his actions.

Whichever way you look at it, fraud is a deliberate act of duping people - and in this case, to do so for money. That, my friend is not only morally, and spiritually reprehensible, it is a criminal offense.

I may have compassion for Akesson and his moral, spiritual, and ethical, shortcomings, and for his foolishness in allowing himself to act so dishonestly. I may hope that in time he may come to understand, or be guided by spirit to understand, why his conduct was so wrong. I do not, however, have any tolerance for anyone bringing Spiritualism into disrepute.

Fraudulent conduct is never acceptable. Not in the past, not now, and not in the future, and we who know that spirit is a reality must speak up and cleanse from the movement all who would, for their own gain, lie and cheat and deceive, and undermine all spirit's work for the past 163 years.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:16 am

As a final comment, I would add that spirit guides who continue to work with a medium who is supplementing real phenomena with fraudulent action are, in my opinion, no better than the fraudulent medium. They lack integrity and honesty if they allow the medium to dupe people. I don't believe we need dishonest spirits anymore than we need dishonest mediums.

Guides with integrity, and who are spiritually evolved, would not condone fraud, nor continue to support a fraudulent medium. I am sure that genuine guides would withdraw, and advise their medium that their dishonest conduct was unacceptable and must not continue. Fraud totally undermines spirit's intent to bring the true message of survival to the world. Equally, any medium who discovered that their guides were not what they claim, and had given false advice or incorrect messages, should immediately withdraw from any further public work, especially if charging for that work, until new and more honest guides were available. The medium should refuse to participate in any deception, especially in a situation where other people might be hurt by it.

It has always been known, since the very early days of Spiritualism, that not all in spirit, and not all spirits that make contact, are either honest or spiritually advanced. It is part of our journey to learn to be discerning about this, both as mediums, and as participants in seances.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:39 am

And, since you seem so concerned about how we should not 'judge' people, how about contemplating the meaning of the word.

judge: form opinion about, estimate, appraise, (person etc. by his deeds etc.);

In other words exercising discernment.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 am

Oh, by the way, to suggest you were not being aggressive but merely a "tad irritated by smallmindedness" is, I rather think, to use the word 'judge' in your terms, rather judgemental!

It certainly seems to go beyond opinion, estimation or appraisal. So perhaps there is a need on your part, to clarify exactly why you think it is inappropriate and un-spiritual for us to to form opinions, estimate or appraise Akesson's conduct, but alright for you to do so.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:52 am

all of us have made commitments in the spirit world to help each other. HELP, not rebuke and become judges of others actions.

You aren't helping anyone by turning a blind eye to their transgressions. The best "help" I can see in this case is to have the medium in question agree to perform under stringent controls and measures that will remove any doubts about their abilities.

Filming with an infra red camera should do the trick.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:25 am

Absolutely right, Wes.

I was about to add that comment when I realized I really needed to start preparing food for this evening's meal.

However much 'compassion' we try to show towards a person who has acted badly, however, much we strive to be 'compassionate' and forgiving towards a person who has deceived and betrayed people's trust, in the final analysis, if Akesson wants to continue as a physical medium, and overcome his past conduct, every seance he is involved in needs to be held under the most stringent test conditions.

Conditions which ensure no fraudulent activity takes place. So infra-red cameras, the medium seated on a weighing apparatus, restraints on everyone one the room, a full body search before every seance, separate clothing supplied by an independent source, no access to the seance room prior to the seance taking place, no contact with anyone who might be attending, no information about attendee's, and if all of those conditions are met, and phenomena occurs we might begin to trust this medium.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by light of truth Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:36 am

'clearly i have not grasped the difference'?
you do not know me or my state of evolvement so do not make any judgements of me, a person you do not know. i will thank you to not do so.
whether you judge a person or their actions, you are still doing so.
if this man is still practising, i pray he moves forward in truth and light as progression is open to every soul. i wish him well and pray he has a positive future ahead of him and he moves on from his transgressions and continues his work for spirit in truth and light. as an evolved spirit i send him my love and pray he moves on in truth and light. i pray others who are at an evolved stage also wish him well too.

light of truth

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:27 am

light of truth wrote:'clearly i have not grasped the difference'?
you do not know me or my state of evolvement so do not make any judgements of me, a person you do not know. i will thank you to not do so.
if this man is still practising, i pray he moves forward in truth and light as progression is open to every soul. i wish him well and pray he has a positive future ahead of him and he moves on from his transgressions and continues his work for spirit in truth and light. as an evolved spirit i send him my love and pray he moves on in truth and light. i pray others who are at an evolved stage also wish him well too.

In terms of evolvement 'light of truth,' could you please write your comments more coherently, and in a manner that makes more grammatical sense. This may help us evaluate and reply more directly to your specific points.

I note that you have judged us all and found us wanting, yet you know nothing about us as people. You have no idea of our level of "evolvement" but then I reject this egotistic claim to some form of superiority as a Spirit in a physical life. To claim yourself to be "evolved" is a self judgement and an unnecessary claim.

As Lis said, we are judging the action not the man, however a man's actions give great insight into their likely character and the workings of their mind. Yes we wish him the best for his future but believe he should not be taking money from people for his performances of "physical mediumship"; in the circumstances of his previous fraudulent behaviour that is immoral. This especially given that he has already stated that he is willing to augment his work with fraud and he belives ALL physical mediums do this. In one statement he blacks every working physical medium to justify his action, once again that is immoral.

However, Anders is a part of a close knit community of physical mediums, so maybe he does know and his words are true. If that is the case then we should all be shunning physical mediumship. Indeed the silence from that community could be seen as evidence that not all is right in this area of mediumship. I would have expected some outrage at Anders Akesson's comments with the implications they have for all physical mediums. Instead he gets total support and those who criticise Anders receive aggressive, beligerant and vitriolic attacks such as yours.

At this time based upon your posts you appear to be advocationg forgiveness, tolerance, non-judgement of a man who has knowingly committed fraud, yet you feel free to judge and criticise.

You also appear to infer that this man has a right to continue with his mis-practices, taking money from people by misrepresentation on the basis that this is part of his evolutionary journey and we should not interfere. In terms of criminal acts, as this one is, at what stage do you, personally, believe mankind should step in to protect others. Is it fraud, such as this, burglary, assault and battery or murder...all the people who commit such crimes are also on an evolutionary journey.

Personally I believe a moral and ethical action on Anders part would be to cease working, go back into development and then submit himself to scientific testing before trying once again to perform public seances.

For yourself I believe you need to go back to review this issue in a more independent way, if you are the "evolved" Spirit you claim, I am sure you can find a better approach. However, as Lis said people are free, on this forum, to express their views, we will not censure them unless they become abusive or become personal attacks. This is so different to other forums especially in relation to physical mediumship where too often censorship is immediate and membership will be revoked.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:03 am

light of truth wrote:'clearly i have not grasped the difference'?

Clearly you have not grasped the difference 'light of truth.' Part of our spiritual evolution is undoubtedly to learn to discern between good and bad, right and wrong, wisdom and foolishness, truth and falseness. We do that by assessing, evaluating, and learning from our actions and the actions of others, and the consequences of those actions in our own life and in the lives of others. That, is learning to discern, to judge, the merits of actions, and the degree to which those actions cause harm to our fellow humankind, and indeed, all life forms. When actions intrinsically hurt others,and are carried out in order to bring gain to a person at the expense of others, our discernment must surely give rise to an understanding that the action is wrong. We might show compassion to the wrongdoer, especially when they did not understand they were doing wrong, but when their wrongdoing is deliberate, calculated, and designed to gain advantage over others, our compassion for their lack of spiritual evolution must be tempered by the need to protect others from the harm such a person causes.

In terms of your very personal remarks I can only return your own words to you: 'You do not know me or my state of evolvement so don't make any judgement's of me, a person you do not know.' In other words, disagree with my opinions by all means, but stop with the emotive put downs delivered as if you are some superior being who while telling us we should not judge others, appears to believe you have the right to judge us. There is a lack of logic in you arguments so far - you say we should not be judging Akesson, because that is not a spiritual or evolved thing to do, indeed, we should not judge anyone. Yet, while claiming that apparent moral high ground, you do exactly what you berate us for doing. Judge.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:35 am

Some contributors seem wholly unable to register that their incoherent ramblings are what other contributors 'judge' them on....

They may believe they are spiritually-evolved souls but their words and ideas let them down and ill-chosen user-names add to their lack of credibility.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next