SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swedish medium caught cheating

+13
obiwan
Jane Lyzell
tmmw
Dan
Claire
MrFree
Skye
Lis
mac
Wes
Admin
hiorta
zerdini
17 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating - Page 2 Empty Re: Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 am

All of the material about the events that occured appears to be in Swedish and the Google translations seem almost as much use as trying to understand the Swedish chef from the old Muppet series.

However what appears to be the common thread is that he was seen in a seance with a glowing light. It seems he brought this with him into the seance (as described by google glowing charcoal in a tattered sock), it seems he was using this as a "Spirit" Light (I do not think any of the translations help me to understand what this was exactly) this, of course, helped to reveal that he had released himself from the cable ties.

Not surprisingly it has received widespread commentary in Sweden where even his immediate confession has not helped much. He accepted in public that this was "of the world" (i.e he did it - not Spirit) all his work had been of Spirit up to now, whereas he stated much "physical mediumship" had always been "of the world". Not unnaturally this comment has been taken very Sceptically in his home country. Of course some of this could have been lost in translation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Swedish medium caught cheating - Page 2 Empty Re: Swedish medium caught cheating

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:00 am

Now Jane Lyzell was a great believer of him too, here is her facebook description of a February 2010 Seance. I think to begin to realise that she could not trust this and people had been misled must have hurt terribly.

• English;
https://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=62074506864&topic=15130

Traditional ectoplasmic experimental Physical seance!
Open Circle with guest. Medium Anders Åkesson in Edsberg / Fjugesta! Sweden.
Date: 16 February 2010.
Circle: "Circle of Life!"

We were a total of 14 participants who witnessed this seance!

Everyone goes in with love and expectant hearts into the seance room. It's a bit exiting expectations to what is to come. For a physical seance, we can not give any guarantees, but it depends so much on the team and the harmony it can create! Would surely be disappointing if nothing would happened and everyone had to go home again, but this was obviously not so :-)

We tighten up our medium with plastic stripes that is completely impossible to escape from! The circle opened with a prayer and we sang from the heart! Pete, the medium's main guide, first trance speaking and gives a bit instructions to us and what we might be expected to experience. The little and lovely spirit boy Simon visit and raises the mood of the group with small talk and laughter. We'll sing a bit more that we do and the two trumpets are levitating up in the middle of the séance room. We get a little trumpet show and they levitates out around among all participants. Some was given healing through them as well. Then Pete asks us to remove trumpets with fluorescent tape around the big end - the tape is so everyone can see when they levitate in the dark. The spectacular that makes me fascinated with these levitation is that it is completely silent as they travel around the room at lightning speed many times.

Then Pete asks us to take up a small table placed in the middle of the room (a typical small bed wood table from Ikea, no drawers or twin beds, but a simple model). We are asked to produce our light boards (one large and one small) one by one, as we do and then we put them back (in a black bag, light- proofed) for a while and we should sing a bit more for energy and during the song is coming what we call "love light" which is a fluorescent energy ball as a flies around high in the air for a few minutes. We assume that they charged light from our light plates to the ball.

After a while, I have a child which takes me on my knees and knocking a little friendly, I convey the importance of all to sit still now when we have materialisation out and prepare them that they can feel hands on them. Everyone in the circle was to be taken on by hands from spirit and what we could count up, it was at least 5 hands simultaneously, 2 children's hands, 2 adult hands and a giant hand, the size of a toilet lid on my head! We also hear how a guide is out behind us in the circle and bless us in independent direct voice (regardless of the medium's). Then it will be time to take up our light- plates on the little table, but before the main guide ask a participant to come forward and check for that the medium is still restrained in his chair. Participant agrees to and check and has found that medium is seated firmly still.

Following this, Simon comes and adjust a bit to the table, moving it with his own power a bit out of the circle while he speaks, "Yes, at least almost," he says. Now is the time for all participants to see materialized hands of various sizes and formats. Myself, I do not remember much of this as they used me as a "power box" for this phenomenon, quite ok! Of the little I remember saw three fingers in front of my face anyway. The others had seen several hands on top of our luminous boards. Fantastic!

The seance begins to come to an end. Simon throws off the floured plate, we have them to write on, and when we switch on afterwards, he has written his name Simon in exactly the same way he always does, with the combination of mirror letters.

Pete says that the seance is over and they levitate out our medium with chair and everything, facing backwards out of the cabinet with a crash! Still strapped in his chair. We end with a closing prayer and then unleash our medium and light up the seance room. Then we can conclude that they have undressed our medium his t-shirt as he had under his thick sweater. How they now succeeded in doing so when our medium was sitting tighted up during the entire seance! They really know how to make things happen, our spirit friends :-)
Everything is recorded on tape and are filed in our evidence library!

Thanks to all who participated and made this possible. Thanks to our Medium, and not least all of our Spirit friends!
Without you we can´t do anything. :-)

Memory notes by Jane Lyzell

Standard stuff by current Physical Mediumship standards , reversed cardigan, levitated out of the cabinet at the end. However it is clearly the "love light" she talks about which he was reproducing in the seance that caused the discovery.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:56 am

Am I understanding this correctly?

The so-translated 'love light' was illuminated using energy produced within the physical circle? And this lit up the medium who could be be seen free of his securing ties?

If that's the case, is there an inference that the circle's discarnate team brought the illumination about to reveal the deception?

Sorry if I'm being dense about this. Crying or Very sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:22 am

No Mac no claim Spirit revealed the deception he admitted he cheated
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:32 am

Admin wrote:No Mac no claim Spirit revealed the deception he admitted he cheated

I thought he did that, though, after the deception had been observed...? Have I misunderstood?

It would be rather fitting if his unseen collaborators had enabled his deception to be seen. Wink Embarassed

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 am

No he admitted he took the light in the circle and escaped his ties, I think it is all so much more common than we realise as he said himself most physical mediumship is of the world, not spirit.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 am

Hi Mac,

I wish Spirit would interfere in some of these things but it seems they cannot, for whatever reason that may be. Maybe in this case theyallowed someone in with the brightmness to stop the deception. Then he admitted he cheated but only went public when he knew he had been recorded saying that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:43 am

Admin wrote:Hi Mac,

I wish Spirit would interfere in some of these things but it seems they cannot, for whatever reason that may be. Maybe in this case theyallowed someone in with the brightmness to stop the deception. Then he admitted he cheated but only went public when he knew he had been recorded saying that.

It's hard to imagine that the unseen workers involved so closely as in producing physical phenomena can not be unaware of any deception. What does that say about them one might ask?

I'll have to re-read the account although the translation makes that hard.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:45 am

What physical phenomena Mac we have a person escaping their ties and creating it by his own admission
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:48 am

Mac,

When we talk about people doing things like this it is not possible to consider that Spirit is involved. It has to be something from ther own innate personality. maybe on other days they work with Spirit but then how do we differentiate the two.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:53 am

Admin wrote:What physical phenomena Mac we have a person escaping their ties and creating it by his own admission

I'm just wondering myself, Jim, as I'm reading again the account and the reactions.

I suppose I was referring to the claimed phenomena from earlier sessions which may now be in doubt - or maybe they're accepted as genuine?

Gotta say I'm simply relying on the descriptor of 'physical medium' applied earlier. As far as I can tell, and as I think more about this case, there's been no actual evidential mediumship (as in Spiritualism) thus far so is it mediumship at all?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 am

Thats how I tend to see it too Mac
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 am

Admin wrote:Mac,

When we talk about people doing things like this it is not possible to consider that Spirit is involved. It has to be something from ther own innate personality. maybe on other days they work with Spirit but then how do we differentiate the two.

So all discarnates are above suspicion? That's not what the eventual events at Scole seemed to suggest....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:33 am

"""It's hard to imagine that the unseen workers involved so closely as in producing physical phenomena can not be unaware of any deception. What does that say about them one might ask?"""........Mac

It appears that interference in our evolution is a major non-starter which would bring vast repercussions.
WE must evolve on our own, although some guidance is offered, but we do have an ever-open link to the Great Spirit in situations of personal perplexity
All our solutions are within.

hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:36 am

hiorta wrote:"""It's hard to imagine that the unseen workers involved so closely as in producing physical phenomena can not be unaware of any deception. What does that say about them one might ask?"""........Mac

It appears that interference in our evolution is a major non-starter which would bring vast repercussions.
WE must evolve on our own, although some guidance is offered, but we do have an ever-open link to the Great Spirit in situations of personal perplexity
All our solutions are within.

I don't follow you, hiorta...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:21 pm

mac wrote:

It's hard to imagine that the unseen workers involved so closely as in producing physical phenomena can not be unaware of any deception. What does that say about them one might ask?

They are aware of the deception that is going on but, they have no right or permisssion to act on behalf of another person's lack of personal responsibility.

Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Skye wrote:
mac wrote:

They are aware of the deception that is going on but, they have no right or permisssion to act on behalf of another person's lack of personal responsibility.

An uninvolved, discarnate observer might be in that situation, B, where a practitioner was working by her/himself or with a supporting group/circle.

Is this what you're suggesting was the case with this guy? That there was no 'spirit' involvement?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:13 pm

[quote="mac"][quote="Skye"][quote="mac"]

I
An uninvolved, discarnate observer might be in that situation, B, where a practitioner was working by her/himself or with a supporting group/circle.  

Is this what you're suggesting was the case with this guy?  That there was no 'spirit' involvement?

I couldn't say if there was spirit involvement or not mac. Reading in between the lines and, if i've read the case right in the first place, as well as with the medium admitting to cheating, I can only say it's highly probable there wasn't.

I once knew a trance/physical medium who blatantly cheated, yet it appeared that not one of their spirit team intervened with any of the sittings. I do know trance varies in stages, and this medium allegedly went very deep with voice changes etc. Yet, if they were 'acting' or 'putting on a show' those in their spirit team obviously knew this but would be unable to intervene once the first thoughts of cheating were put into action, as it would have to run it's course.

I just think the Swedish case is yet another unnecessary disappointment for Spiritualism as a whole.

Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:42 pm

[quote="Skye"][quote="mac"][quote="Skye"][quote="mac"]
Admin wrote:

I once knew a trance/physical medium who blatantly cheated, yet it appeared that not one of their spirit team intervened with any of the sittings. I do know trance varies in stages, and this medium allegedly went very deep with voice changes etc. Yet, if they were 'acting' or 'putting on a show' those in their spirit team obviously knew this but would be unable to intervene once the first thoughts of cheating were put into action, as it would have to run it's course.

I just think the Swedish case is yet another unnecessary disappointment for Spiritualism as a whole.  

"Yet, if they were 'acting' or 'putting on a show' those in their spirit team obviously knew this but would be unable to intervene once the first thoughts of cheating were put into action, as it would have to run it's course. "

hmmm....maybe????  I'm not convinced - why would they?

Tell me why, if you would, you think that same spirit-side team would then co-operate on any subsequent occasion - unless they were unconcerned about earlier deceptions....  Would you co-operate in such a situation?  I certainly wouldn't!  

I see no reason that they are under any obligation to carry on with either a current or future sham.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:19 pm

mac wrote:

"Yet, if they were 'acting' or 'putting on a show' those in their spirit team obviously knew this but would be unable to intervene once the first thoughts of cheating were put into action, as it would have to run it's course. "

hmmm....maybe????  I'm not convinced - why would they?

Tell me why, if you would, you think that same spirit-side team would then co-operate on any subsequent occasion - unless they were unconcerned about earlier deceptions....  Would you co-operate in such a situation?  I certainly wouldn't!  

I see no reason that they are under any obligation to carry on with either a current or future sham.  

it's of my understanding that once we make a decision to act in any particular way, the Law of Cause and Effect immediately comes into play. Spirit may well try to influence a medium or a person not to act in such a manner but for reasons unknown to us, the medium either fail to listen to spirit or ignore them.  Without any co-operation from the spirit world, a medium may well choose to use other means so as to appear to be connected to the spirit world, yet it's down to personal responsibility at the end of the day.  

I'm sure spirit operators are concerned about deceptions from physical mediums as well as mental mediums, but again, I feel they are unable to intervene, otherwise they would, wouldn't they? Or, maybe they do?

I do understand what you mean about not wanting to co-operate once trust as been broken, and maybe my way of thinking is silly to some, but I envisage those in the spirit world to be above our physical ideals and can see a broader picture of why certain events took place, which may allow for them to work with a medium once again, if only we make it possible for them of course.

Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:31 pm

" I'm sure spirit operators are concerned about deceptions from physical mediums as well as mental mediums, but again, I feel they are unable to intervene, otherwise they would, wouldn't they? Or, maybe they do?"

Maybe they wouldn't intervene but why would they knowingly co-operate? Perhaps there are certain special circumstances, when spirit-side friends can see "....a broader picture of why certain events took place..." But that sounds very grand in the case we're discussing and fraud is hardly new. What's left to learn in such circumstances unless the world's being prepared for a resurgence of pm?

Maybe it is but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime. Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 pm

Mac there is no point in a resurgence of PM if it stays in dark circles and without decent use of modern technology.

The Spiritualist world is well aware of the potential this allows for deceit. Way back at the 1867 National Convention of Spiritualists at Cleveland Ohio the last report received was from a committee that had been appointed to look at dark circles (Physical seances in the dark). Even then there was significant fraud and they strongly recommended that this practise be disconstinued. We know both Emma Hardinge Britten and DD Home campaigned against Dark Circles. Both of them wrote excellent material criticising the practice.

Sadly the warnings have been ignored and they continued to flourish even making a bigger come back now. This despite the number of occasions that some earlier Mediums have worked in the light and had infra red pictues taken with no harm. In the early days some even had magnesium flash photographs taken with no ill effect.

I know everyone comments of the danger but I know a number of mediums have apparently been injured, whereas many have done their work with no harm, sometimes in very hostile circumstances. Wes asked about this earlier, it would be interesting to know how many needed urgent medical attention after a seance.

Indeed to criticise these current Physical mediums, even with accurate facts, seems to bring down genuine hostility upon those who challenge things. In this case it seems that Jane Lyzell has received more criticism and less support over this than Anders appears to have done.

This always appears to be the case, when the editor of the USA Psychic Observer published his expose of the fraud at Camp Chesterfield after attending it with Infra Red equipment he was personally shattered. He had previously praised to the heights the phenomena at the camp and published a picture of the "ectoplasm" so to him the deception was even more tragic.

What happened to him, depite the proof people turned away from his paper and it eventually folded. A terrific reward for his work to preserve the integrity of Mediumsnip and Spiritualism from the many who seem prepared to keep accepting this type of thing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:54 pm

My remark about the world perhaps being prepared for a resurgence in physical mediumship was no more than a notion and not one I believe in for a moment - in either dark or lighted seance rooms.

Whatever the overall situation concerning pm, as you have indicated there has been considerable resistance to demonstrations in the light for many, many decades. Even the NAS supported the line of potential risk and 'spirit' being against attempts to photograph the phenomena, including using non-visible light. You know all this of course...

We may debate the subject of pm until the cows come home and I suspect we'll make little progress. I don't have your length of experience but I have changed my stance little over my time. Physical mediumship has no less, and no more, value than any other form of mediumship. If any form fails to provide enquirers with evidence of survival through evidential mediumship it is valueless.

As far as I can tell, Modern Spiritualism and its mediums are not doing what once they could do. That's sad but it appears there is nothing that we can do about it. The world of spirit initiated the rappings that led eventually to where we are now. That same world of spirit seems not to have the involvement it once had and without it we mortals can achieve nothing.

Fake it or do it for real - I wonder which will seem any more or less convincing to the generations ahead?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:35 am

Mac wrote:

Even the NAS supported the line of potential risk and 'spirit' being against attempts to photograph the phenomena, including using non-visible light.

That's not quite right, Mac. The committee, at the time, were aware of the risk, based on personal knowledge, of the danger of photographing or filming phenomena without the permission of the guides. We were working towards this aim without needing additional pressure from outside sources who felt they knew best.

The mediums were still developing within their home circles and we felt it was up to the guides to say when the time was right for filming. We were not opposed, in general, to the idea but we always sought the cooperation of the guides before any experiments were undertaken. That seemed sensible to me.

In one of the home circles, with the knowledge and agreement of the guides, we obtained infra-red photographs which are still in my possession today.

On at least two occasions, to my knowledge, attempts were made to photograph Gordon Higginson using infra -red cameras. On both occasions he was left with severe burns on his solar plexus. A doctor friend of mine who arrived too late for the seance saw Gordon immediately afterwards and asked how he acquired a third degree burn!

An infra-red photogaph showing the production of ectoplasm was used by the "Sunday People" to accuse Gordon of fraud.

In Barbanell's flat, however, M. H.Tester obtained excellent infra-red photographs, with Gordon, showing ectoplasm etc without any harmful results to the medium.

Physical mediumship is a complex form of mediumship and there are many difficulties and anomalies which require patience and perseverance to solve.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:30 am

thanks for the clarification, Z - I thought you might fill in the gaps... Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next