Why aren't more members posting?

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:06 am

Left Behind wrote:
KatyKing wrote: Very Happy Ah gwan with ya. You are the most gifted natural medium on here petal

Agreed there, Peter!

And glad to see you back on, Petal! Smile


Jim

I will be back,Jim.
Never fear.
Very Happy
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Very Happy Good.
You've been missed.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

petal34 wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
KatyKing wrote: Very Happy Ah gwan with ya. You are the most gifted natural medium on here petal

Agreed there, Peter!

And glad to see you back on, Petal! Smile


Jim

I will be back,Jim.
Never fear.
Very Happy

Great news! Very Happy

I like this site because I learn so much here. It has so many knowledgeable posters, and is true to Spiritualism. A lot of other sites are spiritual with a Spiritualist sub-forum(s).

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

As a fan of Amish Romance fiction ['bonnet rippers'] one likes to imagine this site occupying a similar postion in Spiritualism as does Lancaster County Pennsylvania within America.
A sort of haven of the old order with some interesting digressions. Not many beards and no buggies but all interactions effected harmoniously.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:24 pm

KatyKing wrote:As a fan of Amish Romance fiction ['bonnet rippers'] one likes to imagine this site occupying a similar postion in Spiritualism as does Lancaster County Pennsylvania within America.
A sort of haven of the old order with some interesting digressions. Not many beards and no buggies but all interactions effected harmoniously.

Ja, und my favorite is the one mit Far-mer Yo-der, und Jacob Dun-der's daugh-ter, Sa-rah. . . Laughing

I don't have a buggy, Peter, but I do have a beard, so I guess that adds to the stmosphere. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Beards and buggies?
Suspect

Where am I,in the old peoples home?
I have neither buggie nor beard,nor stick.
And I bet I can beat you lot by a few extra years.

Come on,gentlemen,straighten up,march,head up and......at attention,please!

Petal
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Very Happy Er that'd be Amish beards and horse drawn buggies petal.
Calm down now. NO spells please!.
Beverley Lewis for me Jim. Her 'Rose' trilogy is top class readin'.
What other genre brings romance,intrigue,mild drama plus top class cake recipes?
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Good readin' plus some mighty fine eatin' to be had from Amish romance fiction.
Ya shur.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:49 am

Yes, Petal, all the Amish ride in buggies (horse-drawn vehicles), and all the men have beards, regardless of age.

My beard, I grew it as a prop for a Renaissance event: a wedding ceremony with my wife Jan, two months after we tied the knot for real. That was back in March, 2001.

Just never got around to shaving it off! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by hiorta on Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:40 am

All men have beards, dont they?
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Admin on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:38 am

Unless they have a razor gang behind them Hiorta
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by hiorta on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:45 am

Aye, or Gillette for a guide.

Would you believe that I've had folk tell me that my beard 'is unnatural' or that 'I've something to hide'?

Sometimes it's hard not to despair. rendeer
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:12 pm

Well,hubby used to say lack of hair on the head,might as well grow it on the chin.
Rolling Eyes
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:20 pm

petal34 wrote:Well,hubby used to say lack of hair on the head,might as well grow it on the chin.
Rolling Eyes

I follow his advice, Petal! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 pm

hiorta wrote:All men have beards, dont they?

Yes, but most foolishly destroy them! Laughing

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:23 pm

hiorta wrote:Aye, or Gillette for a guide.

Would you believe that I've had folk tell me that my beard 'is unnatural' or that 'I've something to hide'?

Sometimes it's hard not to despair. rendeer

My old saying, Hiorta, is that unless you plan to ask the person for a date, or you owe them money or are trying to borrown some from them: who cares what other people think? Wink

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Left Behind wrote:
hiorta wrote:Aye, or Gillette for a guide.

Would you believe that I've had folk tell me that my beard 'is unnatural' or that 'I've something to hide'?

Sometimes it's hard not to despair. rendeer

My old saying, Hiorta, is that unless you plan to ask the person for a date, or you owe them money or are trying to borrown some from them: who cares what other people think? Wink

Jim

Lingering memories.....you have just repeated what hubby used to say... Laughing
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

I had a full beard until I went bald.
Looked like my head was on upside down after that. So I shaved it off.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Admin on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:01 am

Katy you could have grown your own wig
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:14 am

How about a 'topee'....spelling? Sorry.
Laughing
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:58 pm

Wigs are just so wrong on so many levels. For men I mean.
Never trust a man who wears a toupee [or sports a combover].
If he can lie to himself... he can lie to you too.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm

petal34 wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
hiorta wrote:Aye, or Gillette for a guide.

Would you believe that I've had folk tell me that my beard 'is unnatural' or that 'I've something to hide'?

Sometimes it's hard not to despair. rendeer

My old saying, Hiorta, is that unless you plan to ask the person for a date, or you owe them money or are trying to borrown some from them: who cares what other people think? Wink

Jim

Lingering memories.....you have just repeated what hubby used to say... Laughing

I always knew that he was a smart man, Petal! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Left Behind on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:14 pm

Admin wrote:Katy you could have grown your own wig

Or combed it upwards? Laughing

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by KatyKing on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:17 pm

yeti
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by petal34 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 pm

Just returned after a evening out......got the giggles.....a bit of good humour there....... bounce
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Why aren't more members posting?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum