SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic News

+5
mac
obiwan
zerdini
Admin
Bill
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Psychic News - Page 3 Empty Re: Psychic News

Post by zerdini Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:22 pm

almera wrote:Bashing is not allowed please amend your post. Because it was postal vote the results are in and published in the news-letter

I know the postal vote is in nevertheless the AGM is still on the 17/18th July.

Grow up, Jock, and stop being so childish in your remarks.

You were taken to task by the Admin of this site and yet you persist in your fantasies. Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by jock Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:49 pm

Bashing is not allowed please amend your post. Because it was postal vote the results are in and published in the news-letter

I could post the note on here however my word should suffice

jock

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:48 pm

almera wrote:Bashing is not allowed please amend your post. Because it was postal vote the results are in and published in the news-letter

I could post the note on here however my word should suffice

See my reply above, Jock, and stop playing silly games.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:53 am

Almera, I would accept that you may have some inside knowledge here and in my view you laid out as much you could and probably wore than maybe you should. Obviously next week we will find out with the formal announcements so we will know finally how correct you were.

For interest I hope all PN readers here are replying to the survey in last weeks edition and pushing for the maintenance of a traditional weekly published edition. I also loved Geoff Griffith's SNUptimus article and hope the new President takes note of it.

Please remember it has a role to give general news, well written articles, history, human interest stories, adverts etc. It also needs to be independent of editorial control by any organisation to be a free voice in Spiritualism. However, 80 years of history and a link to past greats must be maintained.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:58 am

The results of the elections have been announced via the newsletter, Jim, and will be formally announced at the AGM on the 17/18th July.

There is no mystery or predictions required.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm

OK then Z if that is the case who won? Was this really Hot Air by Almeera and what may be the consequenses. Will Geoff Griffiths Septimus find intelligence and change returning to the centre whilst the tentacles add strength.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Admin wrote:OK then Z if that is the case who won? Was this really Hot Air by Almeera and what may be the consequenses. Will Geoff Griffiths Septimus find intelligence and change returning to the centre whilst the tentacles add strength.
What on Earth does that mean Jim?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:OK then Z if that is the case who won? Was this really Hot Air by Almeera and what may be the consequenses. Will Geoff Griffiths Septimus find intelligence and change returning to the centre whilst the tentacles add strength.

David Bruton is the new President and also Chairman of Psychic Press.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:34 am

Hmm interesting then Z

Obi the Septimus article awas in a recent PN and well worth a read, concerning one of Gods early and flawed attempts at the Octopus. In the septipus the brain was equally distrubuted in the legs and it became confused. Geoff mad a good comparison to a newer creation the SNUptimus
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:17 am

ah! thanks Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Psychic News - Page 3 Empty Psychic News

Post by Wotan Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I was recently informed of this news by a friend of mine, a well known medium. It is quite some time since I last posted, but it was in regard to EH Brittens grave, which I now here is to be restored ( at last). However, Sue Farrel has made a great job of PN, but it does not surprise me that the SNU is possibly pulling the plug.

I am in despair at their attitude to Spiritualism. For an organisatuion which is meant to PROMOTE it they are dong a great job of consigning it to the trash bin of history. Spiritualism in its present form, similar to all mainstram religion may well be 'dead' to quote a pun. The continuity of life in Spirit can never be destroyed. It may well be that new communication methods will be developed, and of course with the internet and other modern media the message of survival will continue.

As for the state of mediumship, well, that is another story. I have been in Spiritualism for over 40 years and I have never encounterd so much crap ( I sarted as a very young boy !!) as we see today. I blame that on the fact that the home circle is all but dead, and in relation to 'development' their are neither the quality of mediums around to develop people in circles, and that too many 'wanabee's' are climbing on to Spiritualist and 'psychic' platforms pretending to be mediums. Many of these people are entirely 'genuine', but suffering from chronic delusion. They spout pure rubbish. The cornerstone of Spiritualism is the proof of personal survival. If that is not central to the message, and is not evident we may as well all pack it in now. As for the so called SNU, then they should hang their heads in shame in reducing a once proud movement to shambles.

Wotan

Wotan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:19 am

Hi Wotan,

Thanks for your comments and I agree with all your points.

I became involved in Spiritualism in London just over 26 years ago and was given an insight into the Mediums then working and a tour of some of the churches because Lis was working The East London Circuit of Spiritualist Churches as Speaker and Demonstrator. At the time, even though she had been working for years, she and other platform mediums were still continuing their development in a home circle run by a real tough teacher.

In the same year we came out to Aus and it looked like the quality of Mediumship we left behind then was very good.

I am horrified to see what appears to be happening now. Like you I think it is the "instant mediumship", people think a few Stansted Courses or a few of the many instant Mediumship courses will do it. Of course, unless you are an extemely rare natural talent it won't. I have spent many years developing and would describe myself as an adequate Medium who is still in training.

The loss of home circles and decent church circles has devastated the ongoing development of Mediums.

Proper development and promotion is what the SNU should be about. As the largest organisation with adequate funding it is probably best placed to do it. Instead it does appear more interested in funding and control. No wonder more and more independent churches appear. Petty rules are for tyrants, as long as the centres promote proof of survival and teach people what Spiritualist philosophy is they should be left to present as they choose.

In Australia there is general free for all with no central organisation. However, that means there is little common ground for philosopy, mediumship or healing standards. Talking to other people I have always felt that it is that which is the important role for a central body. To provide support in these areas, assist teaching methods and promote the philosophy. I also feel it should be possible within such a structure to allow for each of the philosophical approaches to be represented from 7 Principles to the NSAC declaration of 9 to the Greater World's pledge and declarations (Idraw the line at including what A J Davis described as Magical Spiritualism that which the New Age has created, metaphysical Spirtual centers inclusive of just about anything).

Thanks for the comments Wotan, now we should all try and ensure PN continues as it is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Psychic News - Page 3 Empty Psychic News

Post by Wotan Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks for your comments

There appears to be a real sense of anger growing out there now. The SNU have shown themseleves for what they are becoming, a ruling, dictatorial bunch far removed from the bedrock of the Spiritualism they propose to promote. All the more sad that I hear funds ARE available to support the paper. They are shortly to have the AGM in Blackpool ( although some commentators have said the decision on closure has already been made and its 'done and dusted' ) I trust they will have no doubts there about the uproar their actions have caused. On a personal level I want nothing more to do with the lot of them. Spiritualism does not need that, it is stronger than all of them.

Wotan

Wotan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3