SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Thompson's video put up on Youtube

4 posters

Go down

David Thompson's video put up on Youtube Empty David Thompson's video put up on Youtube

Post by vofaccount Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mHMAYk7d0

As you can see, they cut the film heavily and it's not very convincing either.

vofaccount

Back to top Go down

David Thompson's video put up on Youtube Empty Re: David Thompson's video put up on Youtube

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 am

Hmm I wonder where it stands on the Circles claims for Copyright. I shall leave the link in place on the basis of it being in the public arena.

The thread on here about DT gives some idea of the possible creation of the film on the UK tour several years back and the comments of Ron Pearson about it. I find the quality is such that you could imply any version of events from it to suit your own position for or against. As a result I feel any definitive statement cannot be justified.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

David Thompson's video put up on Youtube Empty Re: David Thompson's video put up on Youtube

Post by Admin Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 am

I am intrigued that on youtube this site gets a mention although we have never suggested that Mr Thompson has anything other than some issues to deal with.

In addition I point out that the apparent full transcription from youtube refers to old material on this site AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DAVID THOMPSON"S RECENT VISIT TO FLORIDA, nor does it relate to his English Visit, under the auspices of the Zerdin Foundation, when this material was filmed some years ago.

Whilst this site may raise questions it objects to the misuse of material to try and claim it proves positions that have never been suggested here.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vofaccount Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

When I was a child and wanted to dress up like a ghost, I put blankets over myself too - much like the DT ghost ;-)

vofaccount

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:56 pm

I am on record as having concerns about certain aspects of David Thompson's mediumship. I do not, however, make unsubstantiated claims that he is fraudulent and do not believe that anyone should do so. Unless a person has unequivocal information and evidence that established beyond all doubt that someone has acted fraudulently, such claims are not only irresponsible, they are unethical, immoral and totally reprehensible.

It is my opinion that the person who has posted a video of Thompson on youtube has acted in a most improper manner. The video does not expose Thompson as a fraud at all. It provides no evidence of fraud, though I certainly do not find what can be seen as providing any certain proof of materialisation either. While I find the video unconvincing I do not believe that anyone can claim it establishes fraud and to attempt to do so is offensive.

The video comes from the Thompson website and I understand that it is clearly marked as copyrighted to the COSC. Therefore the person who has posted it is in breech of copyright and acted illegally in posting it.

It is not long ago that I made strong objections to the leader of the COSC for improperly using material I had written on which I held copyright, insisting that it be removed. I do not condone their actions in that matter, however, I support their right to object to what has now been done with their video.

As for the two quotes on the posters article - the first referring to pricing of Thompson's events and the second referencing certain comments made about his Florida visit - I am appalled at the lack of honesty of the poster to quote information out of context, and in a manner designed to mislead and distort. The first quote was in regard to a proposed visit to America which did not take place, the second on a trip that did happen which not all who attended found satisfactory. Neither reference attempted to establish or claim to prove that David Thompson was a fraud and I object to this material being used in that way.

As for the comment by vofaccount - I can only ask - what on earth do you think is the relevance? Cheap snide remarks are not what this forum is about. If we are to consider the comment at all I would point out that Thompson was not pulling blankets over himself - the alleged 'entity' had drawn the curtains of the 'cabinet' about themselves - and for the record the alleged 'materialisation' in the video is not a "ghost" - ghosts have nothing to do with evidence of survival or materialisation.

If people have genuine comments or concerns that they wish to raise about David Thompson's mediumship then let them do so - if not there is wisdom in silence.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit7 Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 am

The video of David Thompson on UTube is no longer available due to copyright of The Silver Cord Circle. Tried to have a look at it, and the answer is as above.
Spirit 7

spirit7

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit7 Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:02 am

The video of David Thompson on UTube is no longer available due to copyright of The Silver Cord Circle. Tried to have a look at it, and the answer is as above.
Spirit 7

spirit7

Back to top Go down

Post by spirit7 Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:04 am

Spirit 7

spirit7

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:15 am

Hi Spirit 7,

I thought it would not stay up lomg I have studiously been respecting their copyright claims
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down