SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing

3 posters

Go down

Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing Empty Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:43 am

This turned up on the SPR facebook site as Tim Ruffles said its amusing but if you go to the site I link behind it you may find it disturbing. The people have taken the film Knowing and linked it to their views of the apocalypse and the current influences of satanic cults like the SPR. Very disturbing use of youtube and very well done. I may hope its a hoax/spoof but I sense they may be serious. They have based this on the film Knowing which Nicholas Cage starred in

The posters channel can be found here https://www.youtube.com/user/Leiflton
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing Empty Re: Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing

Post by Left Behind Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:02 am

I didn't go to the site. But as to the video, I must be one of those still "slumbering", because I don't get the whole alleged connection between psychical research, Gandhi, Theosophy, Nazism, world peace, etc. Rolling Eyes

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing Empty Re: Interesting take on the SPR, the youtube clip is disturbing

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:15 am

You are not the only one Jim it looks very odd to me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:37 pm

There was an article in yesterday's Age newspaper about the popularity and prevalence of conspiracy theories in the modern age.

This odd clip is a very good example of conspiracy theorists in action, I think.

A number of thinkers, philosophers, politicians, scientists and the like are linked together tenuously with little explanation or credible authority for whatever connections the YouTube clip insinuates.

Some of the connections are real but not explored or explained. For example, Gandhi was a friend of Annie Besant, who was the head of the Theosophical Society and lived in India working for Indian home rule. Besant found amazing spiritual depth in Hinduism

The musical background merely exacerbates the basic silliness of the clip.

Last edited by Quiet on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:40 pm

Lots of great old portrait photos, though. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Left Behind wrote:Lots of great old portrait photos, though. Smile

Jim

Yes Smile. Someone enjoyed putting the clip together.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down