SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for David Thompson

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions for David Thompson - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for David Thompson

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 am

by Admin on Fri 1 May 2009 - 14:54

.Of course we can now compare another voice the utube videos of Silver Birch are on teh forum here
http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/spirit-guides-f16/silver-birch-speaks-t433.htm#1531
and the last post is DT in Auckland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:26 am

by Admin on Fri 22 May 2009 - 12:28

From this weeks Zammit Report Friday 22nd May 2009
"WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?: Idiocy pushed to its extreme by the uninformed? I do not debate the monkey – get the organ grinder whenever he gets enough courage to tell us who he is! There appears to be a low intelligence anti-materialization objector being used by some coward-in-hiding - who is totally out of his depth and who keeps on hammering and badgering about "where is the evidence Victor?" referring to David Thompson’s materializations. This anti-materialization objector who has never ever attended a David Thompson materialization and who appears to be very slow in understanding when we ALWAYS state:"We do NOT guarantee that all those who materialize are who they claim to be!" So, he challenges us about proving that those who come through are who they claim to be! We are professionals who investigated David Thompson on a weekly basis for fifteen months. We are university trained in the admissibility of evidence backed with practical experience in the Magistrates', District and the Supreme Courts; two of us investigating David have professional qualifications in Scientific Method, and two are also professional psychologists. I am informed that this objector is not educated; he certainly shows he has not finished high school and reveals colossal ignorance on many procedural aspects of empirical methodology. As for 'peer' review, we do NOT have to obtain approval from anybody else in Europe about what we do here. We have OUR own professional standards. So, if you read ‘Where is the Evidence Victor’ have pity on someone who is making a fool of himself and who is out of his depth."

Now where do you start? One comment which goes against all the rules of Spirit Communication is
when we ALWAYS state:"We do NOT guarantee that all those who materialize are who they claim to be!"

We know by the evidence none of his guides are who they claim, now he is saying none of the celebrities or spirit visitors may be who they say. Just exactly what is going on in these Seances when none of the Spirits may be as they say, or can be relied upon for the truth?

All of the great mediums of the past were worried about this validation. He quotes Estelle Roberts and links her name with DT earlier in his report. She willingly subjected herself to investigation which Dt has consistently refused. Indeed Estellle is commonly seen as a great Medium in all types of work a claim DT clearly falls short of in all the independent reports we see.

All of the past greats agonised over the reality of the contact with Spirit. Their ability to trust the communicator to tell the Truth was seen as vital.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:28 am

by Admin on Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 11:38

.Oh well Victor remains a supporter with his latest newsletter

"Victor: As I stated before, we investigated David Thompson’s materialization mediumship every week for fifteen months. I personally confirm that everything that happens there is genuine – including our conversations with intelligences from the afterlife. For example, David’s guide, William (pictured, left) materializes and speaks in a normal human speaking voice – the way you talk to your friend. This is because the spirit teams have devised a way of replicating a human voice box. I had discussions with William and with other materialized intelligences – some claimed to be Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Arthur Findlay (the writer), Houdini and others. They have not lost their sense of humor, or their memory. All said they are doing well in the afterlife knowing also that sooner or later they will have to continue to spiritually progress to go to a higher realm. Most impressive of all was the fact that we witnessed more than seventy reunions between sitters and their loved ones in spirit. David Thompson as a materialization medium is one in a billion. It is always an incredible privilege conversing with intelligences from the afterlife dimension. (Listen to William talking about why he does this work)"

Sadly we are no closer to getting any genuine answers. It may also appear that thise interested in physical mediumship are moving on, No move for Zerdin Phenomenal to use his services again and Victor himself visiting 4 other groups.

Oh well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:30 am

by Admin on Fri 30 Oct 2009 - 9:20

.Hi All,

It appears that the old problem about the non existence of William Charles Cadwell and Timothy Booth has reappeared upon the Physical Mediumsip For You(PM4U) forum on the COSC board. I am not a member and am sure that because Robin Foy is so close to DT I would not be accepted upon there. However from time to time people alert me to events whicg\h are happening there. Normally there is nothing of note. However someone in a very gentle way has raised the issue of proving th existence of Timothy Booth and WCC.

The first responses were from close DT associates. They have tried to hose down the importance of the reality of the people saying it is the superior nature of the communication that matters.

Despite all their best efforts as I knew DT personally (before I was aware of all these problems) I was sure DT was not able to relinquish that these were real people.

To this end he posted the following on PM4U yesterday
"Reply by David Thompson 1 hour ago

Hi all,

I often read information that is placed on websites/blogs, etc about our circle and my mediumship, and may I add alot is so far from the truth it is not real.

Maybe I should make a few points here:

1. Both William & Tim have been checked out properly by Guy Lyon Playfair who was carring out the research in relation to them on-behalf of the late Montique Keen, who carried out an investigation into my mediumship (his findings can be found on our website). its true some people have made attempts by various geneology websites to find them but have been unsuccessful, it took Guy Lyon Playfair at least two visits to the main birth/deaths/marriages offices in London to find the information that proved their excistence.

2. There have been people in the past, who I shall not name who because they have not found William & Tim on these somewhat limited geneology websites shouted out that they are not real. Let me state the people concerned, in the past have tried to dicredit my mediumship because of the circle having to ban them from sitting with us because of inappropriate behaviour......

4. It suprises me how people become so consumed by who William & Tim are and often fail to mention or understand the true purpose of our circle and that is to prove that our loved ones live after death, something you will see has been done many times if they care to read the testimonials on our website.

I dont wish to or will enter into any lengthy conversation as to William or Tim, I wish to respect their privacy as has been asked by William .

Many Thanks

David Thompson"

1. Guy Lyon never worked with Montague to reaseach DT's mediumship and the one seance Montague attended was not a test seance and Guy Lyon was not there. These are indisputable facts

Guy Lyon has confirmed he never researched Timothy.

On the Michael Prescott Blog Guy Lyon had a debate with Lis ( http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2008/08/rethinking-david-thompson.html?cid=126956044#comments ) about his research, He finally conceded in his one visit that his diary only recorded a birth in 1843 no death date. Lis gave full details to Guy Lyon who conceded that he may have to revisit his research.

Yet I believe after DT posted yesterday Guy Lyon was contacted and resurrected his findings of the death which he felt was near enough. This despite his concession that his diaries show this is not what he found in the Michael Prescott Blog. I understand he compounds this by claiming the records are transcriptions from tombstones. Even the most basic genealogical researcher knows that is untrue as they are formal government or parish documents now interlinked with census findings. I fail to understand why Guy Lyon does not give the information he gave on Prescotts Blog.

Jim.

Last edited by Admin on Sun 1 Nov 2009 - 9:24; edited 2 times in total

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:49 am

by hiorta on Tue 10 Nov 2009 - 15:21

.We would be very foolish if we did not 'test the spirits' and examine, discuss, sift and question over again, that which we hold to be true.
The vibrant medium of today can stumble and fall just as we all can. Even if through infirmity
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:47 am

by Lis on Fri 20 Nov 2009 - 20:50

A source which we believe is reliable has suggested that not all who attended Mr Thompson's seances in Florida were happy about their experience. Concerns appear to include the fact that the seances were held in very dark circumstances. I understand that 'Dark' seances are not encouraged in the American Spiritualist movement.

It is understood that one couple at the seance they attended when the trumpet was moving about the room occasionally tapping people on the shoulder the trumpet tapped the man, and immediately after it seemed someone apparently stepped on the foot of the man's partner and she yelled out. This alleged incident apparently gave rise to questions in the minds of those sitters.

It is also suggested that other people had believed that 'materialisations' as they understood this to mean would occur in Mr Thompson's seances were disappointed as they are of the view that there was no evidence of ectoplasm or the building of forms since the seance took place in darkness.

Apparently Mr Thompson 'materialised' a gay guy, whom it is believed was alleged to be 'Quentin Crisp.' Information received suggests that what this alleged entity said was disturbing and did not impress some people though no doubt others appear to have been quite amused by what this apparent entity may have done.

No doubt there are others who attended Mr Thompson's seances who thought they were wonderful. They are, of course, entitled to hold those views based on their personal experience, just as those whose experience was less positive must surely have the right to hold a contrary perception.

In South Australia in 2008, there was an incident at a Thompson seance where the trumpet apparently hit one woman in the heart area, and several attendee's of that seance state that it was brought to an ubrupt end with Mr Thompson said to be physically injured due the withdrawal of 'ectoplasm.'

There is no doubt that other, more positive versions of what occurred will be published in due course about Mr Thompson's visit to America.

Last edited by Lis on Fri 27 Nov 2009 - 12:26; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:15 pm

by Admin Today at 11:11

.by Admin on Wed 25 Nov 2009 - 9:34

.Hi All,

The issues in this thread were originally raised elsewhere by many other people. They were included here as a matter of public interest and we believe they represent no more than fair comment.

As DT remarked on the old SCR back on September 4th 2007:

“Personally if a person asked me a question about any part of my mediumship I would try and answer the question with openness and honesty, as far as I am concerned I try and make my mediumship as transparent as possible due to the fact that seances are held in the dark and until such times as they are in lighted condition people will always have many questions as to its authenticity. It is human nature to question that what you don't understand or know about or believe and in my mind answering peoples questions is as important as doing spirits work. The day I have to make excuses for my mediumship will be the day I hang up my mediumistic coat. Best Regards David Thompson”.

Last edited by Admin on Fri 4 Dec 2009 - 11:15;
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 am

Continuing the theme that this is a matter of Public Interest I draw you attention to the two latest publications which are very important contributions to the topic. Read the posts here to refresh your memory and then look at the two publications.

From Roy Stemman

Admin Notice: Mr Stemman's website is currently unavailable due to technical difficulties. Those wishing to read his article should go to the Spirit of PN website where a link to a version of it can be accessed.

From Spirit of PN
http://spiritofpn.wordpress.com/2011/08/16/david-thompson-seance-%e2%80%93-spirit-or-flesh/

It is also on Roy's new site http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/lets-get-physical-or-did-we/

I suspect we will soon be able to read a reaction to this on VZ's weekly report.

Clearly there is little new and the questions remain to be answered. Indeed the publications and the fact nothing has changed this many years on may raise more questions.

It was as early as 2006 that light was going to be introduced sometime in the foreseeable future. I note one person commenting correctly mentions this and that the format and events remain unchanged.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:00 am

One section of Roy Stenman's article makes reference to the fact that while attendees were required to join hands whenever a voice announced the arrival of a new communicator in order to ensure no accidential touching of the 'materialized' entity happened, this rule apparently to prevent the ectoplasm forming the spirit from recoiling back to the medium causing them some harm. Roy notes, however, the spirits could apparently touch the people present with impunity. A sceptical viewpoint might suggest the holding of hands was simply a way to ensure no one was able to reach out and feel more than they should have done.

Stenman's article also comments on the fact that though the spirits were invisible to the eyes, presumably due to the total darkness of the room, the entity known as William Charles Cadwell "proved" his physical presence by placing his hand on him and then stepping on his feet. Mr Stenman apparently believes that this entity not only had the weight of a normal person but was also wearing trainers, and he observes as an aside that Thompson was wearing trainers that evening.

These comments highlight two significant issues.

First, that though people must remove their shoes to ensure no accidential contact with the 'materialized' entities because of some grave risk to the medium, it seems that such materialized entities can quite safely touch physical people without any risk to the medium at all???

Second, 'William Charles Cadwell' the alleged spirit guide who had 'materialized' and was able to touch people was apparently wearing trainers???

Most curious. No doubt Thompson or one of his legion of supporters will have a ready answer for the first issue - something along the lines of the materialized entity is able to make physical contact when the necessary conditions of safety (!) have been established.

As for the second issue - WCC an allegedly nineteenth century spirit person wearing trainers - I am going to wait with great interest the explanation given for that little anomoly. After all there was only one person in the room wearing trainers as everyone else had to remove their shoes before entering the seance room.

Perhaps WCC is now so closely aligned with the medium that when he materializes he actually takes on the body of the medium, and his clothing. Mmm.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 am

A visit to Spirit of PN, per the link above and to Paranormal Review, which is now working again, at http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/lets-get-physical-or-did-we/ is particularly worthwhile to read all the comments.

For anybody wanting to see a summary of the full 37 questions, which were on the old SCR before it mysteriously died, another former SCR member posted them at the link given below, where they remain. Our focus on this thread was upon particular elements of the questions and other newsworthy issues related to them
https://mk-mk.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6417546403&topic=7680

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

I've just been reading Roy Stemman's piece and found it very interesting as indeed were the responses from his readers.

It struck me as a shame that none of the other knowledgeable and articulate contributors (apart from one I know) appear on other websites. At least that's how it appears based on what and how they write....

It would be great to have their input on other topics brought up for discussion elsewhere but maybe they're simply unaware that discussion forums are 'out there' in cyber space?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:17 pm

Yes mac it would be good if thinking people entered the review and debate. Hopefully they would read and listen to all of the information. not just become overwhelmed by the seance event. We now have one person hurt by the trumpets and one stood upon by "trainers"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:55 pm

Roy Stemman has now posted a follow up piece. Still in the dark over Thompson seances
http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/still-in-the-dark-over-thompson-seances/
I am not sure that piece is available anymore but there is this one http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/david-thompson-replies-then-refuses-to-give-answers/

As well written as usual. As before I am posting this as a matter of public interest I am still not encouraging debate about Mr Thompson although I will note that when he wrote on Spirit of PN he fudged the issue about his last circle leader suggesting his work be subject to the Garry Schwarz type investigation. He confirmed that cjhood1 was Chris Hood inadvertantly, but suggested it had been mentioned on Spirit of PN, whereas it was a comment posted by that person on one of the two earlier articles in Paranormal Review.

There were a number of other comments he made on Spirit of PN, relating to Lis and I, which could be easily dealt with and dissmissed but by and large I think we have had enough with the subject of DT until something new comes up.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 02, 2012 1:49 am

I realise that Roy wrote another excellent piece on the same subject upon the same day. I thought I should draw your attention to this as well.

Of course people can freely contribute their thoughts and feelings, either for, or against, on Paranormal Review.

http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/from-the-sublime-to-the-absurd/
the title is From the sublime to the absurd.

Indeed we also have this http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/thompson-decides-to-answer-seance-questions/

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:43 am

Lest this one alone for a while, however I missed the lively debate that took place over Roy's piece on Michael Prescott's blog

http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/08/zerdini-points-me-to-a-very-good-article-about-controversial-medium-david-thompson-httpparanormalreviewcomarticles/comments/page/1/#comments

Given the supportive review in the PM issue 36 and Paul Barkers letter in Psychic News 37 its probably worth a little freshen up. Interestingly the séance Sue Farrow attended gave little different to Roy Stemman's séance so it shows how opinions may differ in the dark.

Some day better light may appear on this subject I am happy to hand the DT debate, which I am sure will run on and on, to others.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:18 am

I realise I said leave it to others. I have had some more feedback about others looking at this whole issue. I know it raises debate in America. I understand that DT's Florida visits have stopped currently. My friends amongst the USA mediums suggest that this was primarily because of a wish to increase the $120US charges but I believe it is also because of a growing concern over the legitimacy of events. Indeed I have noticed that the pictures of the two apports', DT brought through for them, have been taken from the website.

One was the sewing kit of William Charles Cadwell's mother which, given this man never had the physical life he claims, (so neither would his "Mother"), was almost as impressive as the apport of the Houdini coin. The other object was something personal for them from one of the founders of the Saratoga centre and to remove this must indicate something of their current thinking.

It really does come down to getting some proper, scientific research done, not the type of empirical observational work that seems still to be the norm. Clear the matter up and move on. Its hard to realise that its 7 years since VZ trumpeted, when he first joined COSC) that they had been promised development which would allow light and prove the séances.

I would love to know from the Circle leader of DT's Haymist Circle whether, in his honest opinion, what he reads of the events at séances is a development of what went on in his time.

As I said though I am intending, now with this brief update, to pass it over to the other people who are looking at this.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:26 am

Just another brief update to draw people's attention to two other threads.

)ne was started by David's last Circle leader before Christine Morgan so we have now comments from two of his last circle leaders covering a span of over 10 years between Australia and the UK.
https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2121-mediocrity-in-physical-mediumship

The next is an apparent transformation of William Charles Cadwell a born, bred and died Londoner, man of science,  to a much younger Scotsman William Caldwell Moral Philosopher, who died in Canada in the 1940's.
https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2193-who-or-what-is-david-thompson-s-william

There are probably various other things I could add from the flow of information received over several years but I would prefer that at some time the commentators made it public themselves.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 am

I have just corrected all the links on here to Psychic Times and Paranormal Review so that they pick up the relevant articles.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:12 am

Untouched for a while but people should note David's contribution a while back. It was taken off track, wandered back and then petered out without really resolving any of the core questions. https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2206-david-thompson-personal-message

The subject is pertinent one again, to the current issue of Gary Mannion because we know David, along with Scott Milligan, who has also contributed to this forum, are regulars at the Banyan retreat. I wonder if they, like Gary have been filmed? Given they both have stringently refused this in the past, I would somehow doubt it, it does raise a question of fairness, why Gary, unknown, but not the others, or is this planned in future? One notes a memory of David's very unconvincing Rest Light Film where the consensus of opinions on the still of William appeared to be that it had a striking similarity to David.

Anyway this thread will remain locked pending any substantive new information about David's mediumship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:13 am

The Paranormal Review Links no longer work, presumably the site has died but the Archive.org Wayback machine has saved the day yet again (just like the Psychic Times links)

https://web.archive.org/web/20111005144542/http://paranormalreview.com/articles/20110816
https://web.archive.org/web/20111003171016/http://paranormalreview.com/articles/20110908
https://web.archive.org/web/20120801030425/http://www.paranormalreview.com/articles/20111021
https://web.archive.org/web/20120615034503/http://www.paranormalreview.com/articles/20120425
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:37 am

Oh look what has popped back up. The Spirit that appears is, somewhat unfortunately, about Davids height. The person tying him in is his then circle manager Rosheen Mason

I have removed the content at David's personal request, however, David has not told me that the actual youtube poster was in breach of his copyright, until David acts against the you tube poster it can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfaN-MTMnbY
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:52 pm

In the adjustment and other posts I realised that this thread had not been up dated with the latest revelations from a recent David Thompson seance in Queensland, published in Psychic News with the launch of the Truth campaign. Apparently the fickle feet that trod on Roy Stemman's feet were at it multiple times there may also have been other issues which raise, once again what actually goes on in David's dark seances.

Maybe its why he became so skittish about the re-appearance of the rest light video which was last seen just before the break up with the Hood & Mason team when David lost the original COSC website. Gee I bet there are hundreds of copies of that video about just like the Aspirin & Downs Syndrome/Aids recordings.

Ther is also very much about David on this thread, especially from Deb who hosted a series of seances in Queensland and actively participated in discussion on the PN campaign https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2380-psychic-news-truth-campaign-to-end-fraud-in-physical-mediums
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2