SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Thompson - Personal Message

+9
mickyb
Waller
Mark74
obiwan
LeroyC
mac
Admin
Lis
COSC2014
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Thompson - Personal Message Empty David Thompson - Personal Message

Post by COSC2014 Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:20 am

Good Evening

I have often read the  different articles on this website and felt very sad to think that there is no real objectivity within certain relevant thread on Physical mediumship.
I read once the administrator say to Scott Milligan that he would not be castigated and would be treated fairly, only to see different.

It is fair to say evidence is a right of all to receive with any spirit communication, not just in the seance room, evidence can only be accurately accessed by the individual receiving the said evidence, as Liz will know in any court of law evidence is presented by both parties (prosecution & defence) but yet I have never seen any positive comments about the various article on different websites and publications about my mediumship.

There seems to me to be a blatant disregard for peoples feelings and how some of the posted comments my be seen, is there any wonder why people like myself don't wish to participate in any form of dialogue when it seems only the prosecution evidence is given.

That is not to mention any personal agendas of certain people who often make dis-barraging comments about me, which are often far from the truth.

Why has there never been mention of the Psychic News reports, why has there never been any mention of the positive testimonials?

There seems to be a lot of talk of being transparent and genuine and spirituality, but I find it very hard to find any form of fairness. I knew when I put myself in the public domain that I would then become the subject of good and bad comments, that goes with the territory, I except that, so come on be fair and be unbiased and share the good and the bad together, yes I have been guilty in the past of throwing aspersions at Jim and Liz, of course we have a history, which most of you don't know about.

a year or so ago, a friend of mine went along to the Rosa Tingey Centre in Adelaide to witness a transfiguration demonstration and came away very disillusioned, but yet paid for the event, evidence was in very short supply, as was previously stated if payment is forthcoming evidence should be provided, but yet there was none.

AS long as a person is genuine then they should be encouraged and not judged, but yet judgement seems to come thick and fast, without much substantiated fact behind it.

Any person who knows their stuff on any form of mediumship like LeroyC (Malcolm) will tell you that vibration have a Hugh affect on any form of mediumistic communication as I am sure Liz & Jim would have witnessed many times at their centre, now transfer that into the fragile vibration in the seance room, is it any wonder why at times evidence is lacking? maybe a change of approach and mindset might be more helpful for those who will be attending any seance in the future.

I have not come on here to throw stones or justify myself or even answer questions, I merely ask for you to present your case in a fair and reasonable manner. Please remember we are people too and would consider fair dialogue a kind think to do.

In relation to your comments on Kai, instead of commenting on something where all the evidence has not been seen, have the grace to give the man the benefit of the doubt that he maybe genuine, I have seen so many times people say, that a medium in all types of mediumship is fake or fraudulent only to receive astounding evidence themselves and completely change their mind, in fact I have read comments about Gordon Higginson being fake, well on more than  one occasion I witnessed his mediumship and can say the evidence I witnessed was totally astounding. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty a basic premise in law.

Thank you for reading and please lets try and be positive.

Best Regards

David Thompson
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

David Thompson - Personal Message Empty Re: David Thompson - Personal Message

Post by Lis Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:36 am

Hi David,

Thank you for your post and sharing your thoughts with our forum. While I may not agree with all your remarks, and may make some comments when I have some time to do so, I respect your right to express your viewpoint on the forum. That is what this forum is all about - people expressing their opinions, knowledge and concerns. Entering into dialogue about what are important issues for Spiritualism.

Lis

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:41 am

Thank you David, for coming on here and expressing your thoughts and view point. I would, personally, hope that we could move on and become much more positive.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:13 pm

COSC2014 wrote:Good Evening

I have often read the  different articles on this website and felt very sad to think that there is no real objectivity within certain relevant thread on Physical mediumship.
I read once the administra..................ding evidence themselves and completely change their mind, in fact I have read comments about Gordon Higginson being fake, well on more than  one occasion I witnessed his mediumship and can say the evidence I witnessed was totally astounding. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty a basic premise in law.

Thank you for reading and please lets try and be positive.

Best Regards

David Thompson

I'm an ordinary member here and noted, with interest, the points you've made.  

You said,  "I have not come on here to throw stones or justify myself or even answer questions, I merely ask for you to present your case in a fair and reasonable manner. Please remember we are people too and would consider fair dialogue a kind think to do."   You write as a registered member and this is your first - perhaps to be your only - posting. I find it unacceptable that you appear to be trying to influence what's said here and it looks unlikely there will be any dialogue involving you anyway.  

If you've joined this website to patch things up with Jim and Lis you could have done that more better in private and away from this public forum.  

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi David,

Hope you are keeping well !!. Yep, evidence is the key, and you are 100% about the correct attitude and vibrations.

Thanks for the praise; but you know me by now, and the history of physical mediumship is a passion of mine!! I don't consider myself an expert but I think I can at least make some judgements after all these years.

I think the problem is David that some folks are now jumping on the bandwaggon before they are suffciently developed and are asking for trouble.

I encountered that recently here in the UK, and while the individual was very sincere they were not a physical medium... a shame, as some folks just don't give sufficient time for development and some are deluding themselves...Take care over there, Annemarie sends her regards.

Leroy C!!

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by COSC2014 Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:08 am

Hi Mac,

Thanks for your "Warm Welcome" like you I am an ordinary member and like Liz said " I respect your right to express your viewpoint on the forum. That is what this forum is all about - people expressing their opinions, knowledge and concerns".

I don't quite understand your comment "I find it unacceptable that you appear to be trying to influence what's said here and it looks unlikely there will be any dialogue involving you anyway". If what Liz says about this website is true, why on earth should you find my comments unacceptable, like you and everyone else I have my opinions too and I apologise if they are not the same as yours, but regardless, they are still an opinion that I feel is worth sharing.
If you wish people like myself to enter into any form of meaningful dialogue, maybe you should understand other peoples comments are just as valuable as your, and there is always two sides to every discussion.

In regards to your comment "If you've joined this website to patch things up with Jim and Lis you could have done that more better in private and away from this public forum".  Please!! credit me with a bit more intelligence, I know exactly the centre Liz & Jim attend and in fact I have a close friend who has there phone number and email addresses, if I thought there was anything to patch up in the first place, I would have contacted them directly.
Yes, I agree there has been some past history between Jim, Liz and I, but personally I don't hold any form of bad feeling towards them in anyway (please quote me on that) in fact I think they like anyone have a right to express their own views, like anyone else if done in a kind and spiritual manner.

What I am attempting to do here, is not hide under a alias or fictitious name, I am sure if you check with Jim who is an administrator he will tell you, that during my registering process, I actually used my email address, which is clearly identifiable to me. What I am hoping for is kind, polite and fair discourse and yes you are right, I will not enter into any form of slanging match or answer any questions posed to me in a rude or accusatory manner.

So, lets start again Mac, please to meet you, I am David and I am the physical medium of the Circle of The Silver Cord, a father, a person, and a trusted friend.

I am sure if you ask LeroyC, who I know personally, he will actually tell you the type of person behind the medium, you might be surprised to find out I am an ordinary person, with ordinary feelings and problems, like everyone else.
Talking of LeroyC maybe he would like to share with you an experiment his wife Ann-Marie did on me many years ago, just prior to a seance.

Best Regards

David Thompson
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

Post by COSC2014 Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:12 am

Admin wrote:Thank you David, for coming on here and expressing your thoughts and view point. I would, personally, hope that we could move on and become much more positive.

I totally agree Jim
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:54 am

Thanks for coming back. You got me looking back to the threads Scott Milligan contributed to. Sometimes its hard to shut things down but Scott did a really good job in standing his own ground, indeed I think I tried to ensure he was heard but there were a few things on around the forum at the time which kept me busy.

Kai's situation is difficult but I see the Journal Of Scientific Exploration is now out so there is a chance to review what has actually been said.

Just a quick reply because I have to return to an urgent task which needs fixing in my consulting (non Spiritual) work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:45 am

COSC2014 wrote: What I am hoping for is kind, polite and fair discourse and yes you are right, I will not enter into any form of slanging match or answer any questions posed to me in a rude or accusatory manner.

This seems to me a perfectly reasonable expectation. Welcome.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi David, welcome.

Since you are now interacting with this forum. Perhaps you might throw some light on the contradiction between the earlier William and the current William.

Appreciate that.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Mark74 wrote:Hi David, welcome.

Since you are now interacting with this forum. Perhaps you might throw some light on the contradiction between the earlier William and the current William.

Appreciate that.

I think it might be better to be a bit more specific in your question.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:56 pm

David, perhaps you might like to throw some light on the contradiction between, William Charles Cadwell and the current William Caldwell.

You might like to read the thread below, and clear up the confusion.  

Surely your Spirit friend deserves that.

Thanks

https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2193-who-or-what-is-david-thompson-s-william

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi All,

I don't intend to get into personal debates with anyone. I try to reveal the facts. Myself and David have been acquainted for many years..Myself and my wife Annemarie have had some great conversations with David, whom as long as I have known him has tried to give of his best.

I will illuminate on a small experiment carried out some years ago now, prior to one of Davids seances. We (myself and my wife, who have both medical backgrounds) were discussing the possible physiological effects of trance, and its effect on the body. At that time ( in the Uk ) for some unknown reason my wife had with her a blood glucose measuring kit ( which she had used with her patients ) and David agreed that we could take his blood sugar prior to the evening seance.

This she did and it was within normal limits. We again took this immediately after the seance on David coming out of trance.

The result then was so low that David should have been in a hypoglycaemic coma !!!. Interestingly he was not, but it does go to show that much more needs to be investigated regarding deep trance and its effects.

I think if I remember correctly David now has a choc bar before the seance !!

Thanks David for allowing me to share that information with the board.

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:08 pm

LeroyC wrote:Hi All,

I don't intend to get into personal debates with anyone. I try to reveal the facts. Myself and David have been acquainted for many years..Myself and my wife Annemarie have had some great conversations with David, whom as long as I have known him has tried to give of his best.

I will illuminate on a small experiment carried out some years ago now, prior to one of Davids seances. We (myself and my wife, who have both medical backgrounds) were discussing the possible physiological effects of trance, and its effect on the body. At that time ( in the Uk ) for some unknown reason my wife had with her a blood glucose measuring kit ( which she had used with her patients ) and David agreed that we could take his blood sugar prior to the evening seance.

This she did and it was within normal limits. We again took this immediately after the seance on David coming out of trance.

The result then was so low that David should have been in a hypoglycaemic coma !!!. Interestingly he was not, but it does go to show that much more needs to be investigated regarding deep trance and its effects.

I think if I remember correctly David now has a choc bar before the seance !!

Thanks David for allowing me to share that information with the board.

LeroyC

Very interesting.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

my responses in blue text

COSC2014 wrote:Hi Mac,

Thanks for your "Warm Welcome" like you I am an ordinary member and like Liz said " I respect your right to express your viewpoint on the forum. That is what this forum is all about - people expressing their opinions, knowledge and concerns".  Hello David.  I think you've misunderstood.  I do not represent this website hence don't welcome new members. And earlier you gave the impression you weren't here to answer questions so it appeared you wouldn't be engaging with anyone anyway - it seems you have changed your position.....

I don't quite understand your comment "I find it unacceptable that you appear to be trying to influence what's said here and it looks unlikely there will be any dialogue involving you anyway". If what Liz says about this website is true, why on earth should you find my comments unacceptable, like you and everyone else I have my opinions too and I apologise if they are not the same as yours, but regardless, they are still an opinion that I feel is worth sharing.  I'm heartened to hear you respect my right to express my viewpoint here, something I've been expressing for some years. I am not in the least concerned if you hold different opinions to me hence there's nothing about which to apologise. I didn't say I found your comments unacceptable;  I said I  found your remarks "I merely ask for you to present your case in a fair and reasonable manner." unacceptable.  They seemed to imply that the case isn't usually presented that way.  Details would need to be presented to support any such assertion.

If you wish people like myself to enter into any form of meaningful dialogue, maybe you should understand other peoples comments are just as valuable as your, and there is always two sides to every discussion. It's always interesting to engage with new members whether they be people like you or totally unlike you.  After over 10 years of forum work I think I do understand there are always two sides to every discussion - actually there's often more than two!

In regards to your comment "If you've joined this website to patch things up with Jim and Lis you could have done that more better in private and away from this public forum".  Please!! credit me with a bit more intelligence, I know exactly the centre Liz & Jim attend and in fact I have a close friend who has there phone number and email addresses, if I thought there was anything to patch up in the first place, I would have contacted them directly.
Yes, I agree there has been some past history between Jim, Liz and I, but personally I don't hold any form of bad feeling towards them in anyway (please quote me on that) in fact I think they like anyone have a right to express their own views, like anyone else if done in a kind and spiritual manner.  In a discussion/debate forum I prefer just that members stick to the points made but it's not necessary for them to do it in a kind and spiritual manner.  As you've raised the situation between you, Jim and Lis it's only fair to say I didn't suggest you hold any form of bad feeling towards them.  

What I am attempting to do here, is not hide under a alias or fictitious name, I am sure if you check with Jim who is an administrator he will tell you, that during my registering process, I actually used my email address, which is clearly identifiable to me. What I am hoping for is kind, polite and fair discourse and yes you are right, I will not enter into any form of slanging match or answer any questions posed to me in a rude or accusatory manner.  For the sake of clarity I didn't write anything about a 'slanging match' or questions posed to you in a rude or accusatory manner - the way you've written your response to me kinda implies that I did....  Wink  

So, lets start again Mac, please to meet you, I am David and I am the physical medium of the Circle of The Silver Cord, a father, a person, and a trusted friend.  By all means!  How do you do, David, I'm mac, a website member.  

I am sure if you ask LeroyC, who I know personally, he will actually tell you the type of person behind the medium, you might be surprised to find out I am an ordinary person, with ordinary feelings and problems, like everyone else.
Talking of LeroyC maybe he would like to share with you an experiment his wife Ann-Marie did on me many years ago, just prior to a seance.  You misunderstand, David.  I don't know LeroyC and don't need to ask what type of person you are when you're not wearing your medium's hat.  I'm only interested in what you do when you are wearing that hat - just as I am in connection with any other medium.  

mac

Best Regards

David Thompson

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:31 pm

Ooh I don't represent the website either mac. Should I withdraw my welcome?  Laughing 

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:44 pm

Lol you are all welcome to welcome anyone. I think people on here represent themselves adding to the forum by their knowledge, experience and their personal views.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:24 am

Mark74 wrote:David, perhaps you might like to throw some light on the contradiction between, William Charles Cadwell and the current William Caldwell.

You might like to read the thread below, and clear up the confusion.  

Surely your Spirit friend deserves that.

Thanks

https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t2193-who-or-what-is-david-thompson-s-william

I'm also interested in hearing David's thoughts on the matter.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Waller Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:40 pm

David Thompson - Personal Message 590702 

Last edited by Waller on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waller
Waller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:42 pm

For those who are aware of the past events there is more than sufficient evidence that it is Waller and I would welcome David on this forum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waller Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:45 pm

Last edited by Waller on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Waller
Waller

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 am

Hi Waller,

I am not sure why you seem so uncertain that COSC2014 is David Thompson. Based on certain key comments in his original post, and his identifiable email address when registering, I feel comfortable in accepting that it was David who posted.

I do not see why he should have to make any reference to that fact on his own website in order to prove to us or anyone else that it is him posting on here.

We do not demand that people give their names on this site, and many do use pseudonyms in preference to identifying themselves by name. If they do, that is fine, if they do not, that is ok. So long as a poster writes in an appropriate manner and if expressing opinions that may be contentious or arguable they are open to discussion and debate on their comments the administrators will not interfere.

Lis

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waller Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:37 am

Last edited by Waller on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Waller
Waller

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:31 am

Waller,

I have not asked you to accept my testimony.

I merely commented that I was unsure why you were so uncertain and expressed the fact that I was comfortable to accept it was David. My acceptance doesn't suggest my "testimony as infallible" it merely states my personal opinion.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Waller,

I have no doubt it is David, as he was the only one who agreed to the blood glucose test we performed, which was undertaken in private !

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next