Psychic News archive - University of Manitoba

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Psychic News archive - University of Manitoba - Page 2 Empty Re: Psychic News archive - University of Manitoba

Post by mac on Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 am

Admin wrote:Unbelievable th elink into the archive is not working and it has taken a short cut I was provided with last week to test down as well.

Goodness knows what's going on, Jim.  Rolling Eyes  

To the best of my recollection the page I landed on doesn't look any different from the non-working page from way-back-when.  It also didn't appear any new material had been scanned in.  I wondered if one needed to become a subscriber but there was no page to sign up and my old login wasn't recognised.

I've now dropped an email in to the archive office to see if that gets a response but I won't be holding my breath waiting!  

It's all very disappointing.  Sad

We hear 'up-on-top' that parts of your homeland are being hit by some wicked forest fires.  Here in the US, California is getting another season of wildfires too and that could be Arizona's fate in the high country if things stay as dry as they've been this past summer.

On a personal note, is your vision improving?

mac

Back to top Go down

Psychic News archive - University of Manitoba - Page 2 Empty Re: Psychic News archive - University of Manitoba

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi Mac,

This one did work I have no idea why it has dropped out again. I was able to test it last week but asked not to mention its existence until the Psychic News landing page was ready. This is from a very reliable source and I know that they are working hard to restore the linkage. Remember Manitoba is one of teh major digital collections of survival material.

Now we have a "landing page"" which is more like a crash site.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac on Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:08 am

Admin wrote:Hi Mac,

This one did work I have no idea why it has dropped out again. I was able to test it last week but asked not to mention its existence until the Psychic News landing page was ready. This is from a very reliable source and I know that they are working hard to restore the linkage. Remember Manitoba is one of teh major digital collections of survival material.

Now we have a "landing page""  which is more like a crash site.

Jim

It's a puzzle, Jim.  They must - one would assume - have created other similar archives and I'd've thought the software would be well tried and tested.  And as you've pointed out they have a major collection of survival material so it's an even bigger puzzle why PN should cause problems - again.  

But what do I know? Laughing Wink
: Wink Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:10 am

My Canadian source tells me that the University of Manitoba may have a problem with all of their collections currently. I had dealings with the University a week ago amd they thought it should be back up soon. Fingers crossed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac on Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 am

Admin wrote:My Canadian source tells me that the University of Manitoba may have a problem with all of their collections currently. I had dealings with the University a week ago amd they thought it should be back up soon. Fingers crossed

yep, fingers crossed

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:02 pm

Working again you can go straight to the
archive here. Thanks Walter https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm%3A2939726
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac on Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:21 am

Admin wrote:Working again you can go straight to the
archive here. Thanks Walter https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm%3A2939726

Yeah I'd already tried it earlier today when the archivist replied to my email message - fingers crossed all now stays good and that they don't reboot the server again! Then I'm hoping the more recent ones soon get processed and viewable.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac on Tue Nov 26, 2019 4:50 am

I've been keeping in touch with the archivist over the past few weeks and have learned that the records up to 1967 are as far as the university will be going for the moment. It doesn't seem the project is over but it won't be continued until some future point. Disappointing for those of us who wanted to read the later editions of PN but fingers crossed it will start up again while we're still around!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum