SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A diabetic link with physical?

+2
KatyKing
Juniper
6 posters

Go down

A diabetic link with physical? Empty A diabetic link with physical?

Post by Juniper Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 pm

Not sure if this post should be here so please do move it if it's in the wrong place.

A heard the theory the other day that physical mediums should always eat something sweet after having been sat in development or in a demonstration. It was put forward that the reason for this is so that they cancelled out any possibility of developing diabetes triggered by their sitting for physical mediumship.

I had never heard of this before. I had heard that one should eat a little something after such events to help replenish energy, but have never come across the diabetic link.

Is this something others have heard of or know about? Is it true?

Juniper
Juniper
Juniper

Back to top Go down

A diabetic link with physical? Empty Re: A diabetic link with physical?

Post by KatyKing Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm

In Christine Wicker's Lily Dale the Town that talks to the dead book she mentioins a theory of why mediums tend towards a certain size (larger than average on average). It's that we tend to eat more sugars and fats to replenish what spirit uses up. That's common for mental as well as physical mediums apparenly. Thing is if you are largeish and fond of cake then you'll be more likely to develop diabetes than, asy; a fit vegetarian would.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:36 pm

To eat some small sweet item after any mediumistic work was considered advisable. This included Healing and circle work.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:03 pm

Always sticky buns and tea after circle, yummy Very Happy A bar of chocolate is advisable after platform work or a day of sittings. Sorts the sugar levels out.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 pm

Not sure about Diabetes but would it be to give energy after their prolonged sitting in something as tiring as PM?
Raise their energy levels?
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:13 pm

Cake and lots of it.
Biscuits are fine but cake's yer man for replacing lost blood sugar.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Mediums often suffer poor health due to using a great deal of energy all the time. They also use the adrenal system when working and hypothyroidism and diabetes can become common in working mediums, all sorts of physical problems can arise, especially the immune and nervous systems if they over work. It's all about finding the balance and not over doing it. Some mediums have suffered burn out in the past.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Great! Now I have the perfect excuse to eat cake cheers

If the idea is to eat something to balance out blood sugar levels would a person not be better off eating food other then the sweet stuff. I know very little about nutrition but I was under the impression that sugar gave you a quick boost followed by a quick low. Just seems a bit of a vicious circle, being up and down all the time.

Juniper
Juniper
Juniper

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Juniper wrote:Great! Now I have the perfect excuse to eat cake cheers

If the idea is to eat something to balance out blood sugar levels would a person not be better off eating food other then the sweet stuff. I know very little about nutrition but I was under the impression that sugar gave you a quick boost followed by a quick low. Just seems a bit of a vicious circle, being up and down all the time.

Juniper

Not if you are diabetic you haven't..... Very Happy
Welcome to the site,Juniper.
Joan x
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Loneblossom Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:58 am

Juniper wrote:

Juniper

You are so right Juniper (and a belated 'Hi!' and 'Welcome!' to the forum too). Yes, unfortunately, eating something sugary is more likely to make you feel worse a few hours later. As much as I love cake ( and I just KNEW that KK would mention cake as soon as I saw the first post...lol) I just cannot eat it very often - there's just too much sugar it. I save cake for extra extra special occasions Smile Smile

Probably better to eat something like cold meat (eg. cold roast chicken), nuts, berries, cheese, carrot sticks (stop laughing!!) and hummus or something like that. It will keep you smiling a bit more than if you have a sugar-high followed by a sugar-slump.

Last edited by Loneblossom on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : To correct my amazingly fabulous spelling.)
Loneblossom
Loneblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Juniper Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:57 am

petal34 wrote:
Juniper wrote:Great! Now I have the perfect excuse to eat cake cheers

Juniper

Not if you are diabetic you haven't..... Very Happy
Joan x

Yes, I had not thought of that.

Now cheese I could do quite happily Very Happy

Juniper
Juniper
Juniper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down