SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Question for the "Guests"

+3
hiorta
toolsey2
Wes
7 posters

Go down

A Question for the "Guests" Empty A Question for the "Guests"

Post by Wes Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:52 pm

At all times of the day there a fair few "guests" browsing through this forum and I wonder if any of them would like to sign up and post the reasons why they come to this forum. Assuming it is simply to get information, what sort of topics are of the most interest, and what is it that stops them from taking the extra step of signing up and joining in discussions.

I'd assume that if one is interested enough to read the threads here, one might also have questions to ask about what they've read, or have something they'd like to add.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

A Question for the "Guests" Empty Re: A Question for the "Guests"

Post by toolsey2 Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Hello Wes,

I have been one of the guests browsing and your post has prompted me to join , I am a late fifties man who has just recently lost a much loved dog , who was there for me when my brother and father died quite close together , he helped me get through it all and this has floored me and my partner completely and I have been reading all I can to hope he is Ok , my daughter remarked he was just a dog which prompted an argument straight away.

I always have had an interest in this subject and when I was in my twenties I had a couple of experiences with knocks on a wall in someones house which went on for weeks and once a lovely smell of roses from nowhere.

I am sorry if I have gone on with my dog story and other people have lost relatives , but I want to know if he is alright and I been searching internet to see if animals are with us in the afterlife.

Anyway hello to everyone on this forum , I found it a few weeks back and this is one guests story

toolsey2

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:02 pm

All Life survives the change called 'death'. What individual consciousness, knowledge and the ability to express it, there was before physical death, is still there now.

The difference between human and animal is a variable degree of consciousness.
The bustling expression of joyous life that you recognised as your dog and the bond between you, is still intact and around you.
Think of your pleasure and all the happy days together. Wish him the best for the future - it really will assist him.

Several animals that shared their life with me, returned in an unmistakeable and recognisable way within months of their being 'put down'.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Hello toolsey. Be assured that your dog is fine.
Go to Google and in inverted commas type in 'The Rainbow Bridge' to find out more.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Thank you for taking the time to post Toolsey. Silver Birch has some interesting things to say about animals. In short, any animal that shares a bond of love with a human will be cared for in the spirit world until the time comes to be reunited with their "owner" and if at times you sense your dog's presence it is because he or she has been allowed to pay you a brief visit.

Perhaps you might also like to share which topics or posts are of the most interest to you on this forum, and if you have been to see any mediums who have been able to provide evidence of survival of your loved ones?

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by bravo321uk Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:51 pm

I gotta be honest.... i come on most days as a guest... as i forget to log in.. I like to have a read.x

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:15 pm

bravo321uk wrote:I gotta be honest.... i come on most days as a guest... as i forget to log in.. I like to have a read.x

I did wonder if that was the case for some registered users, although there are 7 guests on right now and they can't all be like that could they Surprised

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Loneblossom Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:23 am

toolsey2 wrote:Hello Wes,

I have been one of the guests browsing and your post has prompted me to join , I am a late fifties man who has just recently lost a much loved dog , who was there for me when my brother and father died quite close together , he helped me get through it all and this has floored me and my partner completely and I have been reading all I can to hope he is Ok , my daughter remarked he was just a dog which prompted an argument straight away.

I always have had an interest in this subject and when I was in my twenties I had a couple of experiences with knocks on a wall in someones house which went on for weeks and once a lovely smell of roses from nowhere.

I am sorry if I have gone on with my dog story and other people have lost relatives , but I want to know if he is alright and I been searching internet to see if animals are with us in the afterlife.

Anyway hello to everyone on this forum , I found it a few weeks back and this is one guests story

I am so sorry for your loss toolsey2. It is so painful when a beloved pet dies. Please try to ignore your daughter's remark that he was 'just a dog', she just doesn't understand or 'get it'. Loss is loss, no matter if it is a human or animal 'loved one'.

I have had pets visiting and being close to me after they pass away, so I do believe that they are okay after they leave us physically.
Loneblossom
Loneblossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:31 am

I have no doubt that animals, be they a dog, cat, bird, snake or mouse, etc., when they pass to the spirit realms are cared for and will be re-united with their human companion when they too pass.

Many animals do return and make their presence felt to the person they had shared their life with, and mediums often are impressed to describe such much loved animals and creatures when passing on messages at public demonstrations or in private readings.

Be assured toolsey2, your much loved dog is alive and well in the spirit world and is undoubtedly sending their continued affection to you and will do so until you meet again.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toolsey2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:57 am

Hello again and thank you to everybody for their kind and thoughtful replies,
it has made us feel a lot better.

As to which posts have interested me in this forum , I like reading the accounts about the seances and mediums from the turn of the Century through to the fifties , I especially admire and like reading about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle , his lecturer Dr Joseph Bell seemed to be a meticulous man, so surely Conan Doyle must have had some element of testing and examination of evidence involved when he endorses the mediums he did.

Also Sir William Crookes a brilliant man, he seems to have been written out of history or the implication like Conan Doyle that they were both in their dotage.

I cannot believe these people have over a period of years and different backgrounds have conspired together to fool the public as the media constantly tells us and that this is all there is so get what you can now.

I personally have never been to a medium or Spiritulist church and have had no evidence of survival , but I have been almost sure over the years that there is something else beyond , since all the information has come out about quantum physics over the last few years and what reality really is and sub atomic particles behaviour it seems to me thats what allows for the afterlife in science, but they will not look.

Anyway thanks again for kind replies and I hope he will make his presence felt at some point

PS I have had to cut my reply short because I am typing this in work and they monitor our internet use,

toolsey2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 am

Thanks again for sharing Toolsey. Out of interest, have you had any contact from your brother and father in the same way that you've had contact with your dog?

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:12 am

http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/scientificproof/scientificproof1.html

Toolsey2, here is a short item that might help in understanding why 'people are written out of history'

As you say, sub-atomic science is going to prove very difficult for quite a few institutions - as Spiritualism once did for Orthodox religious beliefs.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by toolsey2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:49 am

Wes sorry but I have had no contact with our dog, I only wish I could see he was alright , the only experiences I have had in the past was once when I first walked in my present house 16 years ago when we moved in , for a second I thought I saw a small brown terrier sat in in front of fireplace then run towards me and disappear as though it had been waiting for a no longer owner to come in from work.

Years before that in my twenties I used to stay at a girlfriends house in the spare room and there would be urgent knocking on the wall until I would wake up and then I would tap on the wall back thinking it was the girl , it took me weeks to realise it was coming from the top near the ceiling, later on as soon as I was asleep there would be a man sat on window ledge talking to me in my sleep all the time asking did I want a drink then he would go downstairs to fetch it and I would wake up reaching for drink from him then knocking would start again and pressing on the quilt, once in my sleep he took bricks out of the wall and showed me a bridge with lovely green fields beyond , after months of that ,at the end I did not want to stay there any more and if I did I made sure I was drunk enough to sleep through it .
And one other time on eleven o clock on a Sunday Morning in a building with just two of us the strongest rose type smell self contained came through the rooms just like someone walking about and the smell went with them from room to room.
But since I have got older nothing happens , I think I had choice for that sort of thing, but I chose good times instead, now I am older and things are lost in life it makes you reflect on how I could have been more considerate and thoughtful along the way.

hiorta
What I think is significant in the accounts of seances in the past how spirits stress the solidness of their existence which spirit created, not like some vague wispy heavenly realm and now that relates to our version of reality which in effect there is nothing here but is solid to us.

toolsey2

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:18 pm

If you could get hold of a copy of ' On the Edge of the Etheric' by Arthur Findlay, his received explanation of the structure of the known universe as being on a vibrational frequency basis, is quite coherent and gives insight into things as yet beyond our experience. All things on a similar vibration are 'solid' to those on that vibration.

We also have senses, usually unrecognised, that can impinge or overlap slightly on neighbouring frequencies.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by toolsey2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:31 am

hiorta ,

Thanks for that , am reading now

Katyking

Also reading about Rainbow bridge, also Lis and Loneblossom , as long as he is happy somewhere.
Thanks again for messages.

toolsey2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 am

toolsey2 wrote:hiorta ,

Thanks for that , am reading now

For a list of books worth taking a look at, this thread will be of interest:

https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t658-recommended-reading

The very first book mentioned was "On the Edge of the Etheric" as recommended by Hiorta Very Happy
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down