SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Netflix movie about Kardec?

4 posters

Go down

Netflix movie about Kardec? Empty Netflix movie about Kardec?

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:39 am

Has anyone heard anything about a movie that has or is coming out on Netflix about Allan Kardec?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Netflix movie about Kardec? Empty Re: Netflix movie about Kardec?

Post by wattie Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:47 am

There is a Wikipedia entry for a new film about Kardec here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardec_(film)

and there is a trailer for it on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoOKygHkkuU

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:40 pm

It looks interesting. Smile

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:45 am

Presumably that'll be US Netflix - the UK's content has been, and may still be, vastly inferior.  I watch Netflix in winter in the US but discontinue my subscription in summer when I'm home.  

The US Netlix movie selection alone has always been WAY better, a minor plus point to help counterbalance vastly inferior general TV broadcasting!  Laughing Razz Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:51 pm

I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Made me want to re-read The Spirits Book. Smile

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:34 am

Left Behind wrote:I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Made me want to re-read The Spirits Book. Smile

It might make interesting reading, Jim, to compare with what you've learned elsewhere. I took a look at my copy a while back but found it too hard going - too dense, too old-fashioned. A bit like reading any book written so long ago perhaps.

It worked in my early days but it's not right for me now.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:57 pm

Crime and Punishment Jim; returned immediately with punishment for past misdeeds by beinng placed in an awful life. Just watch and read the Spirits book carefully. Spiritism and Kardec are not for me or the Great Spirit I believe in.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:07 am

I have less objection to punishment for past misdeeds than I do for punishment for alleged past misdeeds I don't remember committing, in an alleged prior life I don't remember living.

To my whole way of thinking, the whole reincarnation / karma game just gives a person a green light to do whatever he or she wants. YOU aren't going to face the consequences: at least, not in another earthly life. Your soul-tape will be erased. . . some other poor sucker will get stuck with it. . . and they will pay the price for it. You just pass the buck to your next soul-tape user.

If I were bent on doing evil, the idea of next-life karmic penalties would encourage me to do so, not discourage me from doing so.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:59 am

Left Behind wrote:I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Made me want to re-read The Spirits Book. Smile

If you do read it again, Jim, let us know your reactions. would you?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:06 am

Left Behind wrote:I have less objection to punishment for past misdeeds than I do for punishment for alleged past misdeeds I don't remember committing, in an alleged prior life I don't remember living.

To my whole way of thinking, the whole reincarnation / karma game just gives a person a green light to do whatever he or she wants. YOU aren't going to face the consequences: at least, not in another earthly life. Your soul-tape will be erased. . . some other poor sucker will get stuck with it. . . and they will pay the price for it. You just pass the buck to your next soul-tape user.

If I were bent on doing evil, the idea of next-life karmic penalties would encourage me to do so, not discourage me from doing so.

As I don't think you're the kind of guy who would do 'evil' I put it to you that you can't know how things would feel if you were someone who would.... Wink Going further with the points you've made, the notion of karma appears as misunderstood as that of the situation concerning multiple-incarnations.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:18 pm

mac wrote:
Left Behind wrote:I have less objection to punishment for past misdeeds than I do for punishment for alleged past misdeeds I don't remember committing, in an alleged prior life I don't remember living.

As I don't think you're the kind of guy who would do 'evil' I put it to you that you can't know how things would feel if you were someone who would.... Wink  Going further with the points you've made, the notion of karma appears as misunderstood as that of the situation concerning multiple-incarnations.

I've been thinking about this sort of thing lately, and I think that -- from the point of view of deterring people from committing evil via any spiritual mechanism or operation, as opposed to a purely earthly methods like retaliation or imprisonment -- reincarnation and karma are not only bogus (I've believed that all along), but useless. As is the Christian concept of eternal hell fire. The latter might work, were it not for Christianity's two big cop-outs or escape mechanisms: the Catholic idea of 'see the priest and make a good act of contrition and all is forgiven', and the evangelical idea of 'accept Jesus as your savior and all is forgiven'.

I'm sure that way way back, thousands of years ago, the whole karma and reincarnation idea started with some ganja-smoking self-appointed guru -- or more likely, a host of them -- who conned the villagers into keeping his rice bowl filled lest they otherwise 'suffer bad karma' and 'come back as a rat' or some such nonsense.

The only spiritual deterrent to wrong doing is if that person has to make right what he or she knowingly did, and remembers doing. If any suffering I'm undergoing in this life is the result of alleged wrongs I don't remember committing in alleged past lives I don't remember living: what the hell! Somebody using the soul-tape I'm using now did it, put imperfections on it, and passed it on to me. I'll just run amok, and pass the buck on to some other poor sucker in the future, it the way I'd view the whole thing.

In reality, I believe you go around this mudball one time, and you -- YOU -- are going to be held responsible for what you -- YOU -- did. Which to me is considerably more just and more comforting that thinking that you are or will be suffering for the misdeeds of some who died 100 or 1,000 years ago who was allegedly 'you'.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 pm

I've never been persuaded by karma and karmic debt etc but, then, I'm not persuaded by many things that many others appear even to be controlled by.  

Despite regularly hearing 'something big' is just around the corner, a new and global shift of spiritual progress and awareness is coming, I'm not yet buying it.  It might be that both are true but just as in the US the phrase 'just down the street' can mean anything from a few minutes to anything up to 16 hours of breakneck driving, being 'just around the corner' may mean months, years, decades, centuries or even millennia......

In a dimension where earth time doesn't obtain I think we should be cautious about what discarnates may tell us about what will happen here - and when. Sorry - I've wandered off-topic somewhat. Embarassed

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:10 pm

mac wrote:I've never been persuaded by karma and karmic debt etc. but, then, I'm not persuaded by many things that many others appear even to be controlled by.  

Despite regularly hearing 'something big' is just around the corner, a new and global shift of spiritual progress and awareness is coming, I'm not yet buying it.  It might be that both are true but just as in the US the phrase 'just down the street' can mean anything from a few minutes to anything up to 16 hours of breakneck driving, being 'just around the corner' may mean months, years, decades, centuries or even millennia......

In a dimension where earth time doesn't obtain I think we should be cautious about what discarnates may tell us about what will happen here - and when.  Sorry - I've wandered off-topic somewhat. Embarassed

I'm not sure what the original topic was! Razz

I file all this 'global shift of consciousness' business into the same dust bin I file Gaia and karma and reincarnation and ascended masters and 400 year old monks meditating in caves in the Andes or the Himalayas. Along with the rest of the New Age / New Thought / same-old-Eastern-religion-recycled-nonsense. All lots of fun, folks: but nothing to be taken seriously.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:19 pm

It IS interesting, though, how so many people feel a need to be bound by bogeymen of their own creation. I used to attend a local Unity Christian Church, and I remember the Pastor there remarking that over 90% of the congregation were former Catholics.

They threw off the shackles of original sin and don't you dare challenge Holy Mother The Church and guard your mind against any sexual thoughts, only to forge new ones for themselves: karma and reincarnation and guard your mind against any negative thoughts. I remember one woman who got up and ran away when I was complaining one morning about the potholes in the streets.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:37 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:I've never been persuaded by karma and karmic debt etc.  but, then, I'm not persuaded by many things that many others appear even to be controlled by.  

In a dimension where earth time doesn't obtain I think we should be cautious about what discarnates may tell us about what will happen here - and when.  Sorry - I've wandered off-topic somewhat. Embarassed

I file all this 'global shift of consciousness' business into the same dust bin I file Gaia and karma and reincarnation and ascended masters and 400 year old monks meditating in caves in the Andes or the Himalayas. Along with the rest of the New Age / New Thought / same-old-Eastern-religion-recycled-nonsense. All lots of fun, folks: but nothing to be taken seriously.

Kardec probably along with Spiritism is where it all began. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:48 pm

mac wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:I've never been persuaded by karma and karmic debt etc.  but, then, I'm not persuaded by many things that many others appear even to be controlled by.  

Kardec probably along with Spiritism is where it all began.  Wink

They were certainly at the forefront of it, at least: before Blavatsky and the Theosophy crowd.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:45 am

What I meant, Jim, was Kardec was the original topic, something you'd remarked on, viz. "I'm not sure what the original topic was!" Razz

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:19 pm

mac wrote:What I meant, Jim, was Kardec was the original topic, something you'd remarked on, viz. "I'm not sure what the original topic was!"  Razz

I was joking that the rest of us had already strayed off the original topic before you did: so your straying didn't matter. Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:25 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:What I meant, Jim, was Kardec was the original topic, something you'd remarked on, viz. "I'm not sure what the original topic was!"  Razz

I was joking that the rest of us had already strayed off the original topic before you did: so your straying didn't matter. Very Happy

ah - I see. Smile thanks

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:36 pm

Just a stray here ot there but well worth a read; those end of days/asencion ideas are as old as time. The Upright men around John of Gaunts time a group aroud the time of the UK Civil War (not the current Brexit one) in the 1600's. The Romans had it. I guess when the world went dark in winter the first thinking people thought the end had come; hmm hence the rebirth at the winter solstice became such an important celebration the world was renewed and could be changed (woops down here thats your summer solstice but the world comes alive here in winter; if we are lucky we get rain). Not surprising that when Rome declared for Christianity (after the empire moved to Constantinople) it decided to mis appropriate December by moving the date of Jesus's Birth (or the prescribed individual they created from the reality) to the December Solstice.

Recently I perceive that humankind has created its own God, the God of them, the universal ego of humanity, whilst the real God relates to the creation of the Universe not the diverse accidents of creation upon individual worlds.

Hmm straying again

Last edited by Admin on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:21 am

Admin wrote:Just a stray here ot there but well worth a read; those end of days/asencion ideas are as old as time. The Upright men around John of Gaunts time a group aroud the time of the UK Civil War (not the current Brexit one) in the 1600's. The Romans had it. I guess when the world went dark in winter the first thinking people thought the end had come; hmm hence the rebirth at the winter solstice became such an important celebration the world was renewed and could be changed (woops down here thats your summer solstice but the world comes alive here in winter; if we are lucky we get rain). Not surprising that when Rome declared for Christianity (after the empire moved to Constantinople) it decided to mis appropriate December by moving the date of Jesus's Birth (or the prescribed individual they created from the reality) to the December Solstice.

Recently I perceive that humankind has created its own God, the God of them, the universal ego of humanity, whilst the real God relates to teh creation of the Universe not the diverse accidents of creation upon individual worlds.

Hmm straying again

interesting observations, Jim.....  It seems humankind has always been expecting something, someone, to arrive to save / deliver them from something-or-other.  There ain't 'alf a lot we don't know about most things!  Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:34 pm

Plenty of time for observations but with the eye issue less time on the computer to stop it getting sore.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down