Physical medium Waller Joel

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by BillyWallace on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello,

I am interested in any information on a spiritualist medium or physical mediumship researcher who goes by the name Waller Joel. I have raised this issue before because I suffered abuse from this person but now it appears Waller Joel is quite well known in the field of physical mediumship. He has been using that name since 2014.

This person Waller did an interview with Roberta Grimes a few years ago, he appears to be on a lot of forums with many different alias names. His latest username on the Skeptiko forum appears to be mat barns, with an agenda to mock physical mediumship. He has used hundreds of fake names such as Tyler Snotgern, MU!!, Lars, Waller, Frank Camper, Merrick Forrester, Eveshi etc all with the intention of trying to damage the idea of spiritualism or make a mockery of it. All I know is that he is from Florida and in his 60s.

I know that this person Waller Joel was also behind the MU trolling and countless impersonations amongst the spiritualist community. He still does this.

I am trying to figure out if this Waller Joel character is for real or if he is some sort of ploy to damage the field of physical mediumship. As of July 2016 he is still impersonating various spiritualists across the internet as well as skeptics. I won't list these names as several people do not want their names involved.

He has claimed in various posts to be a physical medium himself, elsewhere he has claimed just to be an afterlife researcher. He repeatedly states to have met various physical mediums but upon communication all these people deny ever meeting a Waller Joel. He says for example he attended séances with David Thompson, Kai Muegge and he is a personal friend of the medium Kevin Lee. But no solid evidence seems to back this up.

At least one self-published book I found on Google books mentions Waller Joel, it says:

I have selected three intriguing examples shared from credible witnesses who attended a series of séances with Mügge between July15, 2014. Waller Joel, an afterlife researcher and Rev. Kevin Lee of the Metaphysical Chapel in Florida are frequent visitors to the seance room. Both Joel's and Lee's many experiences with different physical mediums allow them to make decisions about the authenticity of the phenomenon. Waller and Lee shared independent accounts of a sitter names Vito who experienced a sighting in the ectoplasm on July 3, 2014. The sitter was a former trumpet medium, almost 80 years of age and very alert. Waller explained that this ectoplasmic phase and not the typical third phase where ectoplasm is usually produced.

From Donna Smith-Moncrieffe. (2015). Medium9: The Transformational Powers of Spiritual Energy.

Does anyone know anything about Waller Joel? He closed his website down after people starting asking questions about him, he admitted the photograph on his blog was never him and he real name is not Waller Joel. He claims to have attended séances with Donna Smith-Moncrieffe the director of a "Metaphysics Research" and now seems to be friendly with Keith J. Clark the creator of the iDigitalMedium website.

He is currently posting on a website known as "The Search For Life After Death" on a post called "Physical Medium Gary Mannion Exposed Committing Fraud" under various usernames. I am just interested does anyone know anything about this guy? Is he really associated with David Thompson or Kai Muegge and many of these other mediums or is all this just a fantasy he invents? Is he actually a medium? As of 2016 has anyone had the luck of meeting the guy?

BillyWallace


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:49 pm

I know the details you have learned, some of them from first-hand experience.

Is he associated with the names you've mentioned you ask.  You'd have to ask those individuals directly but I doubt it.

Is he a medium you ask.  Who knows but I doubt it?

Anyone had the luck of meeting him?  No-one that I know has knowingly met him or admitted doing so if they have.

He's pretended to be me, and is likely still pretending to be me, after registering on websites using my customary username or a very similar one.  We have crossed swords online; there is no love lost between us.

He has many aliases.  He was briefly a contributor here.  I don't know who you are and your posting could even be him writing.   TIS difficult to know who-is-who online until we become familiar with one another.  Wink   

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by BillyWallace on Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Donna Smith-Moncrieffe has written about Waller Joel in her book, so it is possible she has met him. She should be contacted.

MU/Waller impersonated Andrew B. Chung and remote viewer Courtney Brown for many years and skeptics such as J. Donnis and myself. Mediums such as David Thompson, Kai Muegge etc deny knowing him yet Waller claims to have attended many of their séances. I am interested if his victims are random or he really has a grudge against these people, and if so, why?

He has hosted an online phone call on physical mediumship in Sarasota, so I suspect he visits that area a lot. He claims to have met Donna Smith-Moncrieffe in Sarasota, Florida.

Run an internet search on "Waller Joel" Sarasota, this is what comes up:

Our Speaker for this months Free Teleclass is Waller Joel
After traversing multiple careers in commercial real estate development, enterprise computer sales to the Fortune 100, strength training for amateur and professional athletes, and exotic software and hardware development for American intelligence and military agencies, I turned to the intensive researching of the proofs of the survival of physical.

--Waller

I find it doubtful he ever worked for a military agency.

As for yourself, he is still impersonating you. I can't post links as I am a new user, but he was advertising a blog on the skeptiko forum on his user mat barns. Google search "Physical Medium Gary Mannion Exposed Committing Fraud" and you will see has used the name mac many times and linked to your profile on the afterlife forums.

He is using the names Mac, merrick forrester, waller joel, waller and others all on the same blog post talking to himself. For some reason the admin Jenn seems to think Waller Joel is legit because he keeps claiming he has met Gary Mannion and refuses to delete his posts.

On his account merrick forrester he claims there is no afterlife or psychic phenomena but on his others he jumps in talking to himself claiming there is. I suspect he has a case of multiple personality disorder which would explain all of the characters he invents with contradictory viewpoints. I believe this is far beyond simple trolling as it has gone on for so long. As for myself I am not him, not even in his country, I am a former victim, he used to impersonate me a few years ago until he got bored and found others to annoy.  

If he is finally exposed and someone figures out they have actually met him at a séance I believe all those researchers in the field of mediumship like Leslie Price or Paul J. Gaunt or researchers like Tom Ruffles of the Society for Psychical Research should run a full expose article on this guy and he should be banned from attending any séances. This is only fair I think considering he has damaged the field for so long with his games. Take care.

BillyWallace


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:34 pm

An alternative approach is just to ignore him and starve him of the attention he craves. I'm guessing you'll have posted elsewhere in a similar vein but you might want to consider whether he's worth all that effort.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Slatewriter on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Dear Billy Wallace,

as far as I know he is a researcher, not a medium.
Here's his website with photo and a handy 'about me' page Smile

http://wallerjoel.typepad.com/blog/

Slatewriter


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:55 pm

That photo is unlikely to be him and the website isn't active. He's a researcher but for very different reasons than most of us would carry out research. What he does with what he researches is interesting and something I've followed for a couple of years or more.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:56 am

Hi mac,

I know when he left here he moved to PM4U as an expert. Of course he did say he would meet David Thompson at Saratosa but I do not know whether that happened. he was a tricky person to follow, like several other wanderers I found they owned a block of ISP addresses so they can be here there and everywhere but keep popping up. I think your comment was best never feed the trolls. My memory, from his postings on here, which he removed, was he was never a medium, more a researcher seeking to debunk Physical Mediumship. However, that story changed over time and his incarnation on PM4U appeared to claim expertise and support of PM. As troublesome as those others named by Billy, possibly he can be, however, a different style without necessarily the same level of personal nastiness. i profess to be no expert on these matters, I just wish those that want to play games formed their own forums to share the fun rather than impose it on others.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Lis on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:58 am

I can make no comment about who or what Waller Joel is, but I can suggest that he attended a David Thompson séance in Florida in 2014, and, I understand that he was chosen as one of the checkers of David's restraints and that apparently there was some talk about him being ex-government agency employee, though how true the talk was is any one's guess.

I am surprised therefore that it is suggested that David Thompson has been approached and denied ever meeting this person. Perhaps that possibility should be double checked with him.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:38 am

'Waller', or 'Waller Joel', is a chameleon troll and trickster who presents as an expert in whatever field he chooses from extra-terrestrial alien contact through to Modern Spiritualism.  He has also portrayed himself, and even been interviewed twice as, a physical medium.

He has a readily-recognisable style of writing and loves to associate himself with individuals well-known in their field, some mentioned above.  He has claimed to know and/or to have sat with all manner of people in all kinds of places but to the best of my knowledge NO website members have ever knowingly met him and NONE of his claimed contacts have ever confirmed they had met him.

On one occasion there was a suggestion he'd be at one of the spooks conventions held in Scottsdale, Arizona each autumn where a few members (from a website where I'm a regular contributor) planned to actually meet up. Needless to say they didn't knowingly meet him.  Another time he purported to be leading some kind of psychic/spiritual development-style courses in Florida but ignored all requests to show any information relating to such a course.  

He's a fantasist and at times displays a deeply unpleasant, very unsettling attitude towards both women and the LGBTQ community.  He ranges from rabidly hostile towards Spiritualism to portraying himself as an expert supporter of its mediumship and philosophy.  

If he's banned from a website under one name he'll often re-appear under another.  He will copy postings or blogs and then edit, distort and post them elsewhere with the intention of causing problems or embarrassment.  He may be following this thread right now intending to do what I've just outlined.  

Unless someone here actually knows 'BillyWallace' in another context it could just as easily be another of the many WJ sockpuppet identities.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by BillyWallace on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 am

Mac I agree with everything you say about Waller. I understand your skepticism about myself. I posted on this forum a few years ago under the username shen1987. I am honestly not MU/Waller. The admin could easily get my IP. I don't hide on a Tor network like MU. I oppose everything this person does on the internet.

The reason I used to be so interested in this person is because I am a former victim of his internet abuse. He impersonated me on many internet forums in an attempt to damage my reputation as a skeptic in 2012-2014. This did not really work and after he realised I am essentially a nobody he went on to target more famous skeptics such as J. Donnis or Michael Shermer.

The odd thing is though most of his anger seems to be against proponents of mediumship or psychical research, the question is why? Yet he claims to believe in all this stuff. I know that Robin Foy has banned MU many times in the past from his website thanks to me, but refuses to ban Waller because he has been fooled like others into thinking Waller is a legit researcher and friend of Kai Muegge. I would like to see Waller banned, that is only fair considering what he has done to innocent people such as myself in the past.

It is not my mission here to document all of MUs interest activities and impersonations because that is not what this forum is about (others such as rationalwiki have done that). I just want people to know in the field of physical mediumship that Waller Joel is somebody to look out for and avoid. His latest persona Waller interests me because I thought someone here may have met him.

I have not blogged about MU or looked at his activities since 2014 because he stopped targeting me, but I realise now the entire time he has just been doing the same to other people. It is entirely possible he has met Donna Smith-Moncrieffe or other spiritualists in Florida.

But I have no reason to believe Waller is an expert in the field of physical mediumship or psychical research. He seems to have a lack of knowledge in these fields. He did not originally know who Hereward Carrington, Eric Dingwall or Rose Mackenberg were. He has read little of the literature on the subject. He had never heard of Frederick Tansley Munnings a fraudulent trumpet medium.

He makes many mistakes in what he says, for example he claims in one of his latest posts that Arthur Conan Doyle was the president of Harry Price's National Laboratory of Psychical Research but this is false. Doyle and Price were not on friendly terms, especially after Price exposed the spirit photographer William Hope. He has made many incorrect statements about H. D. Bradley and George Valiantine, Helen Duncan, Harry Edwards, Einer Nielsen, Jack Webber etc. I could be here all day correcting his mistakes. He appears to be an expert only in trolling.

BillyWallace


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:56 am

I remember you as shen 1987 - we 'spoke' to one another at that time. Now, though, I am suspicious of anyone asking about 'our mutual friend' until I know more about them - thanks for telling me.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 am

BillyWallace wrote:Mac I agree with everything you say about Waller. I understand your skepticism about myself. I posted on this forum a few years ago under the username shen1987. I am honestly not MU/Waller. The admin could easily get my IP. I don't hide on a Tor network like MU. I oppose everything this person does on the internet.

The reason I used to be so interested in this person is because I am a former victim of his internet abuse. He impersonated me on many internet forums in an attempt to damage my reputation as a skeptic in 2012-2014. This did not really work and after he realised I am essentially a nobody he went on to target more famous skeptics such as J. Donnis or Michael Shermer.
 I can identify with all this from what you told me last time.

BillyWallace wrote:The odd thing is though most of his anger seems to be against proponents of mediumship or psychical research, the question is why? Yet he claims to believe in all this stuff. I know that Robin Foy has banned MU many times in the past from his website thanks to me, but refuses to ban Waller because he has been fooled like others into thinking Waller is a legit researcher and friend of Kai Muegge. I would like to see Waller banned, that is only fair considering what he has done to innocent people such as myself in the past.
 I don't know why WJ does what he does but I suspect he has emotional/psychological issues that impact his behaviour.    It's not only Robin Foy who was duped into allowing Waller Joel to remain on their website - I'll say nothing more here although it's public knowledge.  Incidentally WJ took the most childlike delight in 'outing' me to Robin Foy by spinning a lie that resulted in my being banned, payback for what happened to him I guess.

BillyWallace wrote:It is not my mission here to document all of MUs interest activities and impersonations because that is not what this forum is about (others such as rationalwiki have done that). I just want people to know in the field of physical mediumship that Waller Joel is somebody to look out for and avoid. His latest persona Waller interests me because I thought someone here may have met him.

I have not blogged about MU or looked at his activities since 2014 because he stopped targeting me, but I realise now the entire time he has just been doing the same to other people. It is entirely possible he has met Donna Smith-Moncrieffe or other spiritualists in Florida.
 Or equally possible it's one more lie unless Moncrieff confirms it. His behaviour shouldn't impact most of us regulars here although visitors might be taken in by him. As for physical mediumship well there's no great emphasis on it on 'SpiritualismLink' anyway. It's simply one form of mediumship and one that's rarely encountered.

BillyWallace wrote:But I have no reason to believe Waller is an expert in the field of physical mediumship or psychical research. He seems to have a lack of knowledge in these fields. He did not originally know who Hereward Carrington, Eric Dingwall or Rose Mackenberg were. He has read little of the literature on the subject. He had never heard of Frederick Tansley Munnings a fraudulent trumpet medium.

He makes many mistakes in what he says, for example he claims in one of his latest posts that Arthur Conan Doyle was the president of Harry Price's National Laboratory of Psychical Research but this is false. Doyle and Price were not on friendly terms, especially after Price exposed the spirit photographer William Hope. He has made many incorrect statements about H. D. Bradley and George Valiantine, Helen Duncan, Harry Edwards, Einer Nielsen, Jack Webber etc. I could be here all day correcting his mistakes. He appears to be an expert only in trolling.
 Waller Joel isn't an expert other than in the field of researching and quickly learning about subjects.  He learns enough to take in those who know less than he but as you say he makes mistakes as would anyone who isn't truly expert and knowledgeable.  He stumbled badly on one issue that's fundamental to the field of physical mediumship and I pointed it out on PM4U.  I'm no expert but I do know more than he and in the main he's avoided responding to any of my challenges about his apparent expertise. I agree he's expert at trolling.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by obiwan on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:49 pm

He sounds a profoundly disturbed individual.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:07 pm

obiwan wrote:He sounds a profoundly disturbed individual.
That's being generous, obi....

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by obiwan on Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:17 pm

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:He sounds a profoundly disturbed individual.
  That's being generous, obi....

One tries. Laughing

Though it certainly isn't a matter for levity, I know.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by BillyWallace on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 pm

MU/Waller Joel now impersonating me on Jenn's website: thesearchforlifeafterdeath.com/2016/06/26/physical-medium-gary-mannion-exposed-committing-fraud/



As you can see from his post, he has copied and pasted my post here but edited out all the negative parts about himself. I know he has a long history of copying and pasting posts and then editing them. He has previously done this to Frank Camper, Andrew B. Chung, Courtney Brown, Kevin Lee, Zerdini and many others.

BillyWallace


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Lis on Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:58 pm

While the administrators have banned Waller Joel and his multiple IP addresses from this forum, we are unable to prevent him seeing posts as a non subscriber. The best solution with this person is not to post anything about them. That way they have nothing they can cut and paste to use elsewhere.

It may take time but ultimately serial pests such as this person will be found out for what they are and progressively be banned from the various websites they try to inhabit in order to cause disruption. Until then, give them no energy or attention.


Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by obiwan on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Lis wrote:While the administrators have banned Waller Joel and his multiple IP addresses from this forum, we are unable to prevent him seeing posts as a non subscriber. The best solution with this person is not to post anything about them. That way they have nothing they can cut and paste to use elsewhere.

It may take time but ultimately serial pests such as this person will be found out for what they are and progressively be banned from the various websites they try to inhabit in order to cause disruption. Until then, give them no energy or attention.

Good advice Lis. I can understand it is difficult to simply ignore such people but it's the only way to exercise any control. The simple act responding to their provocations or acknowledging them seems to give them some kind of gratification.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Keith J. Clark on Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:41 am

Hello everyone. I ran across this by accident.

I do not know (the real) Waller Joel personally, but have verified through another attendee that he has attended seances in Florida. I had not heard of him prior to Roberta Grimes' podcast. I have not heard anything in regards to whether he is practicing or developing mediumship.

And that's what I can contribute Smile

Now I'm gonna have a look around this fine forum that I should have found years ago.

Thanks!
Keith
avatar
Keith J. Clark


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by mac on Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:08 am

I understand Lis's point but what this troll doesn't find to copy, distort by editing and paste elsewhere he'll simply make up anyway.

There's a fine balance between avoiding giving a troll what he craves - attention - and leaving genuine seekers exposed to the nonsense, misleading and sometimes downright nastiness that is common.

Website owners can do most to limit this and other trolls' activities and ordinary contributors can help them do that by discussing and sharing their experience.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by obiwan on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:05 pm

mac wrote:I understand Lis's point but what this troll doesn't find to copy, distort by editing and paste elsewhere he'll simply make up anyway.  

There's a fine balance between avoiding giving a troll what he craves - attention - and leaving genuine seekers exposed to the nonsense, misleading and sometimes downright nastiness that is common.

Website owners can do most to limit this and other trolls' activities and ordinary contributors can help them do that by discussing and sharing their experience.

Hi Mac.
Yes it's tricky I can see that. I don't see many options though other than ignoring or countering what the person has written once detected. I guess if it is serious enough the police may be interested or if not,and if funds permit, some sort of private investigation.

Maybe we should start a troll-finder service?

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:32 am

Who you gonna call Obi..Troll Busters, this has the makings of a good film what do you think?
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 am

Seriously I had major concerns with this guy when he came on here and was not displeased to see him move to PM4U despite his attacks on us. The others listed and named have caused immense problems for many people (and wasted a big chunk of my time a while back, I have all the emails, copies from other websites, IP addresses and threads from on here in storage) as well as causing hurt and distress to them. Although you can hope they go away you remain vigilant because it is all to easy for them to do, last time there was a fair amount of co-operation between various forums, including those of the Skeptics, to try to nail it down.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Physical medium Waller Joel

Post by obiwan on Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43 pm

Admin wrote:Who you gonna call Obi..Troll Busters, this has the makings of a good film what do you think?
Ha - yes!

obiwan


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum