Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Chap is invited to Royal Garden Party.
Queen is walking past. Chap can't help it and lets rip a trouser cough.
Equerry rounds on him saying....
You rude man. How dare you trump in front of the Queen?
Chap is crestfallen and apologetic .. replying...
I am so sorry. I had no idea it was her turn.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:54 am

KatyKing wrote:Chap is invited to Royal Garden Party.
Queen is walking past. Chap can't help it and lets rip a trouser cough.
Equerry rounds on him saying....
You rude man. How dare you trump in front of the Queen?
Chap is crestfallen and apologetic .. replying...
I am so sorry. I had no idea it was her turn.

Love it,Peter.
Very Happy
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:46 pm

zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
zerdini wrote:
petal34 wrote:The mind boggles! How come in spiritualist church,the medium knows exactly where to come when giving a message. I.e.. 'I have a message for the lady sitting over there,wearing a blue sweater and purple slacks'
.

Frivolous questions deserve a frivolous answer but I don't intend wasting my time.

If you posted the answer, then it would answer Petal's question, which wouldn't be a frivolous effort.

Jim
She is just being silly as she knows the answer as she has stated often enough.

Posting for the sake of posting is a waste of time and energy.

Sometimes posting to get a discussion going is a good thing.

I don't know the answer here, so a discussion would be beneficial for me.

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:46 pm

KatyKing wrote:Chap is invited to Royal Garden Party.
Queen is walking past. Chap can't help it and lets rip a trouser cough.
Equerry rounds on him saying....
You rude man. How dare you trump in front of the Queen?
Chap is crestfallen and apologetic .. replying...
I am so sorry. I had no idea it was her turn.

Laughing

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Did I sound as if I was asking a question?
It probably did,for that I will apologise.

What I was actually pointing out was an example of how a experienced medium would know exactly who to approach to offer the message to and would be able to take said message.
I would suggest that spirit must give a reasonable description of person to medium, for who the message is intended.
Thus a description of what sitter is wearing and aprox, where sitter is sitting.
Per example.....blue sweater and purple slacks.
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by Left Behind on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:18 pm

Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:40 pm

Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

You got it!
Petal
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

No it doesn't. All it reveals is the ignorance of the questioner regarding Spiritualism. A proper study of the subject is required before rushing in with half-baked theories.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:01 pm

zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

No it doesn't. All it reveals is the ignorance of the questioner regarding Spiritualism. A proper study of the subject is required before rushing in with half-baked theories.

Oh no,it doesn't!
Because it happened to me.
Only I was wearing a white jumper that evening.
Medium was looking for someone in a white jumper.
three of us were wearing white jumpers and I was the one who received the message.
be careful before you make accusations,Z.
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:14 pm

As the proud owner of sone prize winning half baked theories I really don't think Spiritualism demands expertise. Fox sisters were no experts and the best mediums just muddle along. Spirit will use whomsoever. It's all a gift.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:11 pm

petal34 wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

No it doesn't. All it reveals is the ignorance of the questioner regarding Spiritualism. A proper study of the subject is required before rushing in with half-baked theories.

Oh no,it doesn't!
Because it happened to me.
Only I was wearing a white jumper that evening.
Medium was looking for someone in a white jumper.
three of us were wearing white jumpers and I was the one who received the message.
be careful before you make accusations,Z.

It's fairly obvious you have no idea how mediumship works otherwise you wouldn't make such silly statements.

I know you go from one forum to another under different names like aussiepom, deep sea, joanie, joan, petal etc seeking support for your half-baked ideas.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

KatyKing wrote:As the proud owner of sone prize winning half baked theories I really don't think Spiritualism demands expertise. Fox sisters were no experts and the best mediums just muddle along. Spirit will use whomsoever. It's all a gift.

The Fox Sisters did not propagate Spiritualism. The best mediums, and I have known a fair few over the years, all understood their mediumship and didn't muddle along. You simply reveal how little you understand about mediumship.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Fair comment George. I know Tony Sh*t's brother Jack really well when it comes to the mechanics of mediumship.
No idea, never have had.
Back here at nine tonight from a forty six seat dem with finger buffet following and as clueless now as when they booked me [again]. Seriously.
It's all a free gift George none of us own it and the more we think we know the less we really do know.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:33 pm

KatyKing wrote:Fair comment George. I know Tony Sh*t's brother Jack really well when it comes to the mechanics of mediumship.
No idea, never have had.
Back here at nine tonight from a forty six seat dem with finger buffet following and as clueless now as when they booked me [again]. Seriously.
It's all a free gift George none of us own it and the more we think we know the less we really do know.

...As you have frequently demonstrated Laughing !

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:54 pm

Mea culpa
;-)
And feel free to cite it. I always incluse an intro along the lines of
...please lower your expectations of me and raise them to Spirit...
Thank goodness Spirit has a handle on things, lest all be dust and ashes.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:17 am

zerdini wrote:
petal34 wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

No it doesn't. All it reveals is the ignorance of the questioner regarding Spiritualism. A proper study of the subject is required before rushing in with half-baked theories.

Oh no,it doesn't!
Because it happened to me.
Only I was wearing a white jumper that evening.
Medium was looking for someone in a white jumper.
three of us were wearing white jumpers and I was the one who received the message.
be careful before you make accusations,Z.

It's fairly obvious you have no idea how mediumship works otherwise you wouldn't make such silly statements.

I know you go from one forum to another under different names like aussiepom, deep sea, joanie, joan, petal etc seeking support for your half-baked ideas.

Good morning,George! Very Happy
Now where on earth did you get the idea I use 'Joan' as an user name on forums?
Do you sit with pad and pen noting all the user names I use regularly?
I am not ashamed of the names I use,I have no reason to hide any deep secrets in my life.
Very Happy
Joan
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:38 am

Incidently all other sites I frequent are in the same vein as this one.
Sites which feature spiritualism and where I am respected as a member.
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:39 am

petal34 wrote:Incidently all other sites I frequent are in the same vein as this one.
Sites which feature spiritualism and where I am respected as a member.

I can think of at least two where you are no longer a member and others where you write equal rubbish as you do on here.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by petal34 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 am

zerdini wrote:
petal34 wrote:Incidently all other sites I frequent are in the same vein as this one.
Sites which feature spiritualism and where I am respected as a member.

I can think of at least two where you are no longer a member and others where you write equal rubbish as you do on here.

Rolling Eyes
avatar
petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:34 pm

Wooo petal!
Call me old an fashioned romantic if you will but I intuit that our George is carrying a bit of a torch for you.
He's just got a funny way of showing it.
Rather like some of our teenaged boys who throw chips at the girls in the playground in order to attract their attention.
My advice to them, as always; being that kind words, flowers and chocolates tend to work better.
:-)
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by KatyKing on Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Back on track and maybe this is another half baked theory but it's something I'm privileged to experience on an almost weekly basis, without ever having especially analysed why or how.
Spirits of loved ones are close to those who love them, always.
Many people know that and it brings great comfort and assurance. Some have not experienced contact with loved ones gone before and some have but would lke more of the same. Through the medium of a medium those links and assurances may be strengthened. Mediums don't effect those links we are simply a conduit for what is already there. The abiding presence of spirit loved ones with their beloved on this side of what, for all of us; is an eternal life.
Pure gift. No prior knowledge or qualifications necessary.
Ex opera opere.
It works because Spirit makes it work. Thank goodness.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:04 pm

KatyKing wrote:Wooo petal!
Call me old an fashioned romantic if you will but I intuit that our George is carrying a bit of a torch for you.
He's just got a funny way of showing it.
Rather like some of our teenaged boys who throw chips at the girls in the playground in order to attract their attention.
My advice to them, as always; being that kind words, flowers and chocolates tend to work better.
:-)

Believe what you like, Peter, but your intuition has let you down badly.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by Left Behind on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:05 pm

KatyKing wrote:Wooo petal!
Call me old an fashioned romantic if you will but I intuit that our George is carrying a bit of a torch for you.
He's just got a funny way of showing it.
Rather like some of our teenaged boys who throw chips at the girls in the playground in order to attract their attention.
My advice to them, as always; being that kind words, flowers and chocolates tend to work better.
:-)

I love you Laughing

Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by Left Behind on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:25 pm

zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:Thereby in itself raising the evidentiary value of the reading.

Jim

No it doesn't. All it reveals is the ignorance of the questioner regarding Spiritualism. A proper study of the subject is required before rushing in with half-baked theories.

OK, Z. : two scenarios.

1) Here I am sitting in a Spiritualist church, third row of seats from the front, fourth seat to the left from the middle aisle. The medium says, "I'm seeing a man who passed to spirit about 30 years ago. I'm sensing that he was about 75 when he passed. I'm sensing that he had something to do with carpentry or woodworking in his earthly life. He has a tattoo on his upper right arm, a skull with a heart between two crossed swords. He says, tell my nephew I'm happy and in a better world now. Ask him if he remembers the day he fell in the pond when he was about 8."

Medium says, "Can anyone take this?"

Let's assume that all this is very meaningful to me. (Actually, I made it all up as I'm typing, Very Happy )

2) Same facts as above, but instead medium says, "I'm sensing that this message is for the man in the third row, fourth seat to my left."

Or the medium walks over to me and says, "I'm sensing that this message is for you", or words to that effect.

To my way of thinking, the second scenario would raise the evidentiary credibility level, by virtue of the fact that the medium not only had a message, but knew who it was meant for.

If you disagree, why?


Jim

Left Behind


Back to top Go down

Re: Can Spirits no know how to reach us?

Post by zerdini on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:22 pm

It's very easy to reply to you, Jim.

Instead of making up a hypothetical case let us look at an actual demonstration before 500 people. The medium was Hunter Selkirk:

“There was no desire to create a great impression, no attempt to pose before his audience, no theatrical display. He was a working man who talked on the platform as he would talk amongst a company of friends. He was evidently under a strong measure of spirit control, for here and there the broken English of his inspirer obtruded itself. In every case he indicated the individual for whom his description was intended. In the course 45 minutes he gave evidence to 18 different people, and his descriptions were accompanied by names and particulars which made identity sure.

“Mr. Selkirk started by saying: ‘There’s a friend here upon the platform who says she is Mrs Coxon and that she comes for Mr and Mrs Jack, who are in the audience. She also brings a friend by the name of Rutherford.’
Speaking to a lady at the side of Mrs Jack he said: ‘Your Auntie is here and your husband, too; he wants you to stop fretting, to buck up and catch the sunshine.’

There’s a young girl here who wants her mother; it is for you, madam,” indicating a lady in the audience. “She says she’s your daughter, Janie. She tells me that the person sitting next to you is her Granny; hcr Grandad comes with her and brings his love. They also bring a woman here who wants her husband; she says she’s Mrs. Cook. Her husband is not here hut you know him, and she wants you to convey the message to him. ‘Tell him not to bother to take flowers to my grave every week, but to put the flowers before my photograph in the home.’

“Pointing to another lady he said: ‘There’s a man here who says he is William Young, and that he passed away at Bumopfield. He brings a bad condition of the chest, which had much to do with his passing. He is brought by Jack and Robert, both of whom belong to you. They also bring with them Mrs Curry and Mr Croft. Mr Croft evidently belonged to some society or something, for when his name is mentioned he wants to shout “present.” They tell me you have visited the hospital today. You have no need to worry; the patient will recover.’

“Speaking to another lady and gentleman, he said: ‘With you there’s Mrs Miller and Jane Ann Oliver; she died at Blackhill, and you are to tell Tom that she’s been. They tell me that you are both investigators who are just starting your interest in the subject. You are both going to be successful.

“‘Then there’s Mrs Walton who passed away near where you live. She wants to speak to Tom. She was an elderly lady, over 70, and she says that she passed away in the Old Miners’ Home. There’s someone with her who says his name is Thomas, and he tells me to tell you that William has arrived safely.’

“Speaking to another lady, he said: ‘There’s a young girl for you, called Ivy, closely related to you. She’s about 18 or 19 and had long golden hair. She must have passed away some time ago, as she evidently died before permanent waves were in vogue.

“To another member of the audience, Mr Selkirk described an old lady of 89 years of age whose name was Nellie Blatchford. There was also a Mrs Barde there, who said she wanted her son. Mrs Bartle said that she wished she could stay a week and tell her son all he wanted to know, but at any rate she could assure him that ‘Spiritualism is the key to the house of perfect happiness.’ The son was advised to keep working and to dig hard and he would presently get all his difficulties and doubts explained.

“There was not a single point made by Mr. Selkirk in connection with any of the descriptions which was not clearly acknowledged as correct.

“The meeting at West Stanley created a tremendous impression on an interested audience, and the evidence produced by this fine clairvoyant left no doubts in the minds of his hearers.”

I think you will agree that this is outstanding for a man who knows nothing of what he is going to say when he mounts the platform before an audience of 500 people.

Just think of the many traps he could fall into did he attempt to foist upon these people something of his own manufacture. All these people are not Spiritualists. Many are there to see if it is really true. Some who attend, hoping it is not true, get a shock sometimes when they get evidence that they cannot deny from their dead friends.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum