SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dangers of Spiritualism?

+12
bravo321uk
dig66
LeroyC
Kavon85
KatyKing
light of truth
Admin
Left Behind
obiwan
hiorta
Quiet
Jack
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Dangers of Spiritualism? - Page 4 Empty Re: Dangers of Spiritualism?

Post by mac Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm not going to spend time responding to the various and many curious points made by this new member save to say that I'm seeing in those points certain differences I've noted before in the North American take on Spiritualism.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by equal-spirit Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

Dear bravo321uk (and others),
I appreciate your concerns, and I can empathize with your confusion. All I can say is that Spirit was hinting to me to keep quiet and learn; instead I chose to be vocal and try to teach. My decision brought no benefit to you, to me, or to Spirit, and I've learnt my lesson.

equal-spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:42 pm

bravo321uk wrote:
...You see mediumship isnt perfect...

Absolutely, I once heard a medium say that he was having a good day if 70% of his messages were correct. Which is why a big bag of salt is needed when dealing with messages from spirit. Silver Birch said it the best "It's good to have an open mind, but not an empty one."

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 pm

equal-spirit wrote:Dear bravo321uk (and others),
I appreciate your concerns, and I can empathize with your confusion. All I can say is that Spirit was hinting to me to keep quiet and learn; instead I chose to be vocal and try to teach. My decision brought no benefit to you, to me, or to Spirit, and I've learnt my lesson.

Sadly equal-spirit I agree with Bravo, given you seem to have no idea how mediumship or Spirit works it is unlikely that you could actually teach until you have learned much more. I am very concerned about what those internal voices you here, that you regard as Spirit, are telling you to do and how you are going about it. Nothing you speak of has any reference point to what real mediumship is about, how we learn to be a psychic with its distinct difference to mediumship, what Spirit has taught us and Modern Spiritualism its philosophy and teachings.

I think quiet time visiting Spiritualist centres and learning may come in very handy.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by equal-spirit Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:52 pm

There are people who say things with absolute certainty and when challenged continue to defend their statements even when the evidence does not support their claims.
I on the other hand made some statements which were challenged and after doing some minimal research agreed I was mistaken and even suggested my statements be deleted.

Back in the 1970's there were a group of people who were given the label "phone freaks." One in particular used a toy whistle he got out of a box of Captain Crunch cereal (hence his "handle") and by using the sound codes used by the phone company (no dialing at all) could call almost anywhere in the world he wanted to. If he doesn't sound the the "International & Long Distance Operator's" you are used to, would you tell him he really needed to learn about what an operator is, the basics of placing a phone call, and why it is impossible to make a call without using the dial or touch pad?
Others, just by listening to the clicks, pops, and other subtle electronic noises coming from the phone could tell you what country, what part of that country, what city, and even what part of a city a telephone call was routed through. The average user heard exactly the same thing, but didn't know what they were hearing or even that it had significance.

Please stop telling me what I don't know, what I cannot do, what is impossible, and why I need to learn some basics, and let's just agree that like anyone else I can and did make several mistakes (one compounding the others).

equal-spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:11 pm

"Please stop telling me what I don't know, what I cannot do, what is impossible, and why I need to learn some basics, and let's just agree that like anyone else I can and did make several mistakes (one compounding the others)."

Maybe if you'd come here without misplaced certainty about stuff we see as fundamental to Spiritualist teaching and philosophy - and expected you'd also to see it because of what you told us about yourself - we'd have been less critical of your approach.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by equal-spirit Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:51 pm

mac wrote:Maybe if you'd come here without misplaced certainty about stuff we see as fundamental to Spiritualist teaching and philosophy - and expected you'd also to see it because of what you told us about yourself - we'd have been less critical of your approach.
Quite true. We may not both agree upon what the circumstances were which made me make such a horrendous series of mistakes but we can agree they were made. For a final time I apologize for offending peoples sensibilities.

So can we move on to some interesting topics now instead of discussing my foolishness?

PS: While some may have found my misplaced certainty offensive, others will find my ego/attitude offensive. Thirty years ago that condition was 900% worse than now, so please accept that I am doing my best and that my offensiveness is rarely deliberate.

equal-spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:46 pm

No offence was caused to me and no apology was expected but I thank you for your consideration.

I'll be happy to respond to any new points you have to make in connection with Modern Spiritualism but with regret I must say there's nothing new I can offer.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4