SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mediumship or what?

+5
Azur
zerdini
Admin
hiorta
seraphina
9 posters

Go down

Mediumship or what? - Page 2 Empty Re: Mediumship or what?

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:38 pm

Or just plain retired Z many of the really good ones around in the early 80's would all be getting into the wrong age group. Also they may have lost interest if some of the churches if they are not really reflecting what those mediums saw as Spiritualist Core values.

The one thing I also noted was that the circuit system at the time Lis was working also tended to mean the mediums were not as actively involved within specific Churches. Many were in home circles outside of the centres wether sitting for continued development or involved in a circle in another way such as the trance medium.

In many ways I think that worked better because it kept the mediums outside of the type of politics which happns all to often within centres. However, unless a centre managed to get one of the better mediums to run their teaching groups it did leave quite a hole in the development of new mediums unless they could get into one of the better home circles.

One thing I do know is that teh quality of mediumship does see many people not bother to come to our centres. I feel that is especially true of some who used to be regular attendee's. The one thing about Spiritualism is that it does not require you to attend a church to retain your core belief, the relationship with Spirit is different to a traditional Church and individuals can respect that on their own.

It is always exciting to watch a good medium in action and to hear a good inspirational address. How often do we now see that and if we do not we should accept that we will neither retain attendees or gather the new ones we really need.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:41 am

Yes Jim, it's not just the mediumship that is suffering, but the lack of addresses that go beyond the off the cuff "feel-good/believe-in-yourself/look-at-me!" talks that are dominating the addresses I've seen here in Queensland.

While they can be inspiring, there's nothing about them that promotes or educates the audience about spiritualism. So when you combine poor mediumship with a generic new agey talk, you are doing nothing to engage newcomers or retain existing followers.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:44 am

That's the problem in a nutshell, Wes. As posted in another thread, attempts to address this met with apathy - clairvoyance or nothing, seems to be the wish.

Often the initial contact with Spiritualism is due to bereavement and if that burning hole is in some way soothed, it is a little later that questions arise. Which is where those amazing addresses bridged a vital gap.

I'd often watched as excellent clairvoyance held the recipients in wonder as they received accurate information from a world that religion could not reach. But, in an address from a mighty guide - the entire audience was spellbound. The amazing thing, for me, is that each received, simultaneously, something precious to themselves as individuals.

Truly these talks fed the Mind and Soul of the inquirer.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by seraphina Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 pm

This does not adress the situation at the moment, As for pessimism No!! not all if highkligting the problem yet again is being pessimistic then sorry I make no apologies. Psychicism is hurtful and cruel the way it is today for moat of it is inuennendo and guessing, cringing at statements that passed off as spirit communication. It appears that the authorities do not want to do anything to remedy this problem, because they have cosy little niches of power and fame in the movement and do not want to shake the apple cart. Infiltration is complete and mediumship of yesteryear is being subsumed by the mediocre. soon ther will br none left to remember what Mediumship meant.
Mediumship is not voluntary Mediumsa are chosen from Spirit and know spirit ffrom childhood, Gordon higginson' mother was told that a childe of hers would be an ambassador for spirit and eventually came to pass This mentioned on site about gordon higginson. Mediums do not appear out the woodwork a lot of work from goes on behind the scenes

seraphina

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:29 am

Seraphina, how well did you know Gordon's mother?

I knew her very well and had a number of private sittings with her.

So many people write about her but never knew her.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 am

Infiltration is complete and mediumship of yesteryear is being subsumed by the mediocre. soon ther will br none left to remember what Mediumship meant.
Mediumship is not voluntary Mediumsa are chosen from Spirit and know spirit ffrom childhood, Gordon higginson' mother was told that a childe of hers would be an ambassador for spirit and eventually came to pass This mentioned on site about gordon higginson. Mediums do not appear out the woodwork a lot of work from goes on behind the scenes

Hi Seraphina,

Ther are many more mediums out ther than either we or they know. Unless we draw people to our centres they will never reach their potential or even realise that they have it.

Even if Spirit drew them to our centres they may well leave because what is on offer can be so bad it does not keep them. Wes on here has teh potential and ability but no where in Queensland where Spiritualism is recognisable in the terms those in the UK or centres operating upon that tradition would recognise. He is neither the first nor last person to say that to me too.

Even natural Mediums need training to recognise and understand their potential. They do not just leap up and wow us off the platform. That is teh job we all face, finding people and helping them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Amen to this thread...

What a pleasant relief to read so many singing from the same hymn book Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by morriganish Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:07 am

I would not talk about. the. AFC, it now as courses on crystals and astrology so there goes the last bastion of Spiritualism. The remedial mediumship course they operating now is only available to those who can afford to come to the college regularly,,the fees being astronomical. Many people have to save to go there and then infrequently. It seems only those who have the wherewithal. I went before the price hike and things had changed the last time I went,this was to do with lectures

morriganish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down