New Mediumship Course on DVD

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Martin T on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:18 pm

For everyone interested in the development of mediumship, I have launched a series of 12 DVDs together make up a comprehensive course on the theory of mediumship entitled “A Course in Mediumship”. This course is unique in its content and offers students a new and interesting way to learn the theory underlying mediumship. Each class uses a tutorial format and comprises formal teaching supported by exercises and illustrations. Together, the DVDs offer over 22 hours of teaching and feedback to date has been very positive.

The DVDs are priced at £11 each including post and packing to the UK. The full set of 12 can be purchased for the reduced rate of £110 including post and packing to the UK. I am happy to post ovbeseas although this will incur increased postage costs. They can be purchased via eBay or my website at:

www.martintwycross.co.uk

The contents of each DVD are listed below:

Class 1 – Introduction to Mediumship
Introduction  Types of Mediumship  Motivation for Mediumship  Our Spiritual Nature  The Mind  Flow of Information From Spirit  Difference Between a Psychic and a Medium  Model of Mediumship  Who Can be a Medium?  Developing Mediumship  Questions & Answers  Duration: 1hr 43min

Class 2 – Building Power & Sitting for Spirit
Introduction  What is Power?  Why is Power Important?  Sources of Power  How to Build Power  Importance of Meditation  Types of Meditation  Theory of Sitting in the Power  How to Sit in the Power  Sitting in the Power Meditation  Duration: 1hr 47min

Class 3 – Connecting to Spirit
Introduction  What Happens During a Link  Making the Connection  The Energy of the Connection  Expanding the Aura  Techniques to Link  Developing Affirmations  Holding the Link  Exercises to Link  Questions & Answers  Duration: 1hr 53min

Class 4 – Mechanics of Mediumship
Introduction  Role of Guides  Models of Communication  Psychic Faculties  Energy Centres in Mediumship  Staying in the Flow  Frequently Asked Questions About Mediumship  Duration: 1hr 57min

Class 5 – Structure of a Contact
Introduction  What is a Contact? Need for Structure  CERT Model  Elements of CERT Model  Communicator  Evidence  Reason for Coming (Message)  Tie It Up  Working with CERT  Duration of a Contact  Poor Practice  Duration: 1hr 48min

Class 6 – Evidence
Introduction  Definition of Evidence  Reality of Mediumship Exercise  What is and is not Evidence  Assessing the Evidence  Types of Evidence  Generic Evidence  Best Evidence  Getting Evidence  Economy of Evidence  Duration: 2hr 3min

Class 7 – Finding Your Recipient
Introduction  Different Styles of Working  Demonstration of One Style  Going Direct  Throwing It Out  Advantages & Disadvantages of Each Method  Finding Direction  Best Approach  Group Exercise - Place it in 5  Duration: 1hr 51min

Class 8 – Managing Problems Within Mediumship
Introduction  Factors Affecting Mediumship  Factors Associated with Medium, Audience, Venue & Recipient  Managing the Factors  Working with Problems  Potential Problems during a Contact  Problems with Communicator, Medium & Recipient  Managing Problems  Duration: 1hr 58min

Class 9 – Ethics and Responsibilities of MediumshipIntroduction  Motivation for Mediumship  Responsibilities of a Medium  Qualities of a Good Medium  UK Legislation Covering Mediumship  Historic and Current Legislation  Complying with Legislation  Poor Mediumship Examples  Example Role Play Scenarios Duration: 1hr 51min

Class 10 – Private Sittings
Introduction  Purpose of a Sitting  Types of Sitting  What a Sitting is (and is Not)  Practical Aspects  Difficulties with Sittings  Benefits of Sittings  Role Play  Duration: 1hr 48min

Class 11 – Platform Skills
Introduction  Purpose of Platform Mediumship  Types of Service  Responsibilities of a Medium  Platform Mediumship Dos & Don'ts  Factors Affecting Mediumship  Platform Presentation  Platform Etiquette  How to Become a Platform Medium  Being the Best Medium You Can Be  Duration: 1hr 54min

Class 12 – Prayers, Philosophy & the Address
Introduction  Opening and Closing Prayers  Philosophy of Spiritualism  The 7 Principles  The Address  Model of the Address  Inspiration  Structuring an Address  Hints and Tips on the Address  Example Prayers  Duration: 1hr 48min

Please note that the DVDs were recorded during live classes using a static camera and include audience interaction and student participation. Whilst the production quality is not that associated with professional studios, this does not detract from their value as teaching aids.

Important Note on Formats:

Please note that the format of the DVDs is PAL (European) widescreen not NTSC (US format). Please ensure that your DVD player and TV are PAL compatible before purchasing.

Buyers in all regions should be able to play and view the DVDs on a computer using multimedia software with an integral DVD decoder such as Windows Media Player (or similar).

Martin T


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Lis on Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Martin,

You have produced what appears to be an interesting and informative course, however, I must say I think it is rather cost prohibitive. For example to purchase the 12 dvds would cost in OZ terms in the region of $275 before posting costs!

I doubt there are many individuals who would be willing to pay that, and Churches, who might well have been interested, would certainly find it beyond their limited means. This is sad really, as it could be a valuable teaching tool. Perhaps in time you will find a way to make it more financially attractive. I hope so.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Martin T on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:07 am

Hi Lis

The course is aimed at students who are serious about their mediumship and want to learn to the highest standards. Whilst I appreciate it may be expensive to some, many others do consider that it represents very good value for money. The DVDs have been purchased by buyers in Europe and North America as well as the UK and feedback to date has been positive. Quite a few people have said it represents very good value for money when compared to a week at the Arthur Findlay College which now costs in the region of £500.

I have attended the AFC for about 30 weeks in the past 8 years with many of the finest teaching mediums and the course distils a huge volume of quality information into a structured and logical format. Heck, if I add up the fees for courses and workshops that I have attended on mediumship, we are talking well in excess of £10,000 and that is a scary thought!

I only wish that a course such as this had been available when I was starting out with my development. The benefit of DVDs is that you can watch them time and time again and I always find that what stands out for me at any one point in time depends on very much where I am with my own development. The same information can seem totally different when viewed a year later in a medium's development so the opportunity to come back to it time and again is a key benefit.

Best wishes

Martin

Martin T


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Lis on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 am

Martin T wrote:Hi Lis

The course is aimed at students who are serious about their mediumship and want to learn to the highest standards. Whilst I appreciate it may be expensive to some, many others do consider that it represents very good value for money. Martin

Well I do think that I am serious about my mediumship, having been a platform medium for over 40 years in the UK and Australia, and I am serious about teaching students the highest standards. I am sure I am not alone, and there are many others who also strive to do good work and to train mediums well. My point is, that you can be a student who is serious about their mediumship who, however serious, cannot afford such an outlay.

Spiritualist Churches, where a lot of training of students does still take place would undoubtedly be interested in your product but would not be in a position to afford it it which is a real pity if one is serious about improving the standards in mediumship today.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Martin T on Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:48 am

I totally understand your point Lis about costs and there will always be some people who can afford products and courses and others who can't.

When selling any product, we have to find a pricing point that is commercially viable to all parties. The costs of the equipment needed to produce the DVDs is very high not to mention the 50+ days of time needed to make them so sadly I cannot afford to give them away or sell them at a loss.

A weekend mediumship course in the UK (2 days teaching) is typically £200+ and a week long mediumship course is typically £400+. Given those costs here in the UK, I do not personally consider £100 for 12 DVDs totalling 22+ hours of teaching overly expensive but as in all things it is a personal value judgement and will depend where in the world someone is based and their personal circumstances.

Martin T


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by zerdini on Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 am

Congratulations, Martin, on producing the DVD's and I wish you every success with them. I realise, and appreciate, the tremendous amount of work that went into their production.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:49 am

Hi Martin,

Very interesting, could you explain who is the presenter and what is their experience and training. Whilst Lis and I applaud your effort it is expensive so people will need to be sure of the value included.

As Lis and I both teach these areas we would want to be sure that the material was suitable to reccomend before encoraging its promotion. If it is a useful training tool, especially for countries with remote communities like Australia, I am sure we would back it.

Jim
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by zerdini on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:47 am

I thought the DVD was reasonably priced considering it is not produced by a major company and is a specialist subject.

DVD's in the UK range from approx. £10.00 to £25.00.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Admin on Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:06 pm

OK Z that is your thoughts, you have seen it and will vouch for its value as a teaching method. Personally as a perpetual volunteer anything as expensive as that has to prove its value, Lis and I are VERY good at teaching but would always welcome other contributions subject to evaluation.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Martin T on Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:44 pm

The DVDs are presented by myself and you can find out more about me at the following link:

http://www.martintwycross.co.uk/#/about-me/4521893456

I have produced edited previews of the 12 DVDs which are roughly 7-10 minutes each and these are available on You Tube. Together they offer over 1.5 hours of free teaching and allow people to preview my DVDs and make their own mind up as to whether they would be of benefit to them. The previews can be viewed at the following links:

http://www.martintwycross.co.uk/#/dvd-previews-1-6/4543836048

http://www.martintwycross.co.uk/#/dvd-previews-7-12/4543871167




Martin T


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Admin on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 am

Hi Matin,

Thanks that is a very good idea.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by morrigan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:49 pm

considering n it took me 8 years of training to become a plar=tform mediium]



It \took me eight years of home circle and Novice Mediumship before I was trusted with \a whole service. If it is used as a tool for showing how mediumship works Fine but should not replace a tutor. I think I have seen the
youtube vids and I would rather someone else would comment. I am of the Mediums are born not made mode not a flexible idea of Mediumship. Mediums are choswen by Spirit.






It took me 8








morrigan


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi Morrigan,

I have similar views to you about the time it takes to develop into a platform Medium. I also believe that all courses are adjuncts to being in a proper development group working on platform Mediumship. Both are needed to deliver well trained Mediums who understand what they are doing and need to speak about.

There is no doubt that the decline in mediumship Standards comes from instant course only and need driven mediumship. Churches are, unlike the 1980's, desperate for new faces and willing to let newcomers up far too quickly.

It seemsthat more and more places like the AFC are seen as the ones where Mediums are created whereas their primary role should be a place to learn additional skills and hone ones abilities

Yes Mediums are a different breed to Psychics and not all, with even strong Psychic abilities, can become Mediums. There are many other elements that make a Medium. Sadly although they may be born, we have to try and find them because many real Mediums have no idea of their talents.

DVD's like this could be part of a learning experience but a good tutor in a circle is vital. Sadly how many good circles are there for people developing Mediumship to platform standard. Then how many groups are there where existing platform workers continue working to refine their skills with a really top medium. This was another feature of the 80's when the supply of Mediums had outstripped demand and people really wanted to improve further.

In honesty I had an earlier debate with Spiritualist Medium where he supported the Fishing Net, I have a John, approach because some people can see or talk to Spirit but not know who they are for. My view on that is that, if that is the only standard they have reached they are not really ready to be platform Mediums. If Spirit are there they know who they are for and can take you there. Yes the odd walk in may need this approach but you should always know.

avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Martin T on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:58 am

I totally agree that it takes time, effort and dedication to develop quality mediumship and too many people are chasing the easy option.

I always teach that there are three elements to developing mediumship:

1. understanding the theory underlying mediumship and what is taking place
2. gaining experience and practice in circles, groups, workshops and courses under the guidance of a knowledgable tutor
3. self development such as meditation and practices such as sitting in the power and attuning to spirit

The DVD course was never designed to make anyone an instant medium but is designed to teach only the first aspect - the underlying theory.
In that way, it is a complement to the good work being done in circles, classes, workshops and courses around the world.

The DVD course will need to be supplemented by a great deal of practice, self development and dedication for a person to develop into a good medium and there will of course also need to be an ability for mediumship with the student in the first instance.

Martin T


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Totally agree Martin and of course everything which we can use helps
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Azur on Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:53 pm

DVD's, book's CD's on how to develop can be helpful but still the foundation to good quality mediumship starts with the home circle

You can't buy a home circle Laughing

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by obiwan on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:22 pm

I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Azur on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:23 pm

obiwan wrote:I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

Which would you prefer, a DVD?, a church, or a home circle?

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by zerdini on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Azur wrote:
obiwan wrote:I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

Which would you prefer, a DVD?, a church, or a home circle?

I would prefer someone who can provide evidence of survival whether in a circle or a church or at a public meeting or in a private sitting. Smile

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Azur on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:58 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
obiwan wrote:I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

Which would you prefer, a DVD?, a church, or a home circle?

I would prefer someone who can provide evidence of survival whether in a circle or a church or at a public meeting or in a private sitting. Smile

I am speaking in terms of developing students, I think a home circle is more appropriate for the student, rather than sitting watching a DVD.

That was my point Laughing

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by obiwan on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Azur wrote:
obiwan wrote:I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

Which would you prefer, a DVD?, a church, or a home circle?
Personally I'd prefer someone able to give good evidence, I don't care if they were trained in a circus. The development circle I saw looked like the outpatients department of a psychiatric hospital. I also harbour the suspicion that many people 'teaching' mediumship have very little, if any, ability to perform it themselves.


Last edited by obiwan on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by zerdini on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 pm

obiwan wrote:
Azur wrote:
obiwan wrote:I would have thought whether a person uses a DVD or goes to a circle or church, the acid test is evidence. I have witnessed mediums with 20+ claimed years experience and franky found their performance risible.

Which would you prefer, a DVD?, a church, or a home circle?
Personally I'd prefer someone able to give good evidence, I don't care if they were trained in a circus.

I've seen a few 'mediums' who would make excellent clowns! Laughing

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by obiwan on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:08 pm

I would say that I am probably not qualified to comment on how to 'make' a good medium. I suspect that there must be some innate ability that can be tuned or developed by someone experienced, competent and who knows what they are doing. If one needs a lot of training then maybe there isn't the basic material in the first place.


obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by Azur on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:14 pm

obiwan wrote:I would say that I am probably not qualified to comment on how to 'make' a good medium. I suspect that there must be some innate ability that can be tuned or developed by someone experienced, competent and who knows what they are doing. If one needs a lot of training then maybe there isn't the basic material in the first place.


No medium can train you, they can advise and nuture. It's the spirit that do the training.

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: New Mediumship Course on DVD

Post by obiwan on Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:17 pm

Azur wrote:
No medium can train you, they can advise and nuture. It's the spirit that do the training.

That sounds plausible (assuming that mediumship is genuine).to me however many describe themselves as 'trained by' and some of the courses look exactly like that.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum