SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

real or not?

+12
KatyKing
hiorta
obiwan
Wes
Left Behind
petal34
zerdini
Edward
scorpio53
Lis
Admin
mac
16 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

real or not? - Page 4 Empty Re: real or not?

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:32 am

zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:But then, Petal, if reincarnation IS true: would we have a choice in the matter?

Very good questions, Jim,but Joan cannot answer them because reincarnation is simply a belief with her with no evidence to back it up. Rolling Eyes

I very much doubt that she can even explain what she means by reincarnation.

Now Z., I bet she CAN. Smile

Jim

Then you would lose your bet, Jim Smile

Your mentality is like your manners,at a very low ebb. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 am

Quiet wrote:I remember someone asking this question of a spirit in a trance session once and, from memory, the spirit avoided it beautifully - with good reason, no doubt.

In quiet times I am personally aware that I am at the edge of a far deeper memory. This awareness often gives pause for thought and is now the source of a far greater commitment to silence and the spiritual development that might come from that.

Well spotted, Quiet. Spirit never seem to confirm or deny our musings. I've wondered on this for years and can only conclude that there might be a "Prohibition Order" on such - presumably we must find and decide. Even the great SG Group are masters at not answering certain points made.
In my early circle days, discussion was hugely encouraged and the often-heard Spirit view was " What do YOU think". This seems to point to the saying 'All is within' as the knowledge was available but we had to mine it.

Great news on your other point, that is how it seems to be. We are 'at the ege of so much' if we would just quietly reach out to it. I remember so well getting a wee pointer - 'two ears, one mouth - use in that proportion'.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:52 am

petal34 wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Left Behind wrote:But then, Petal, if reincarnation IS true: would we have a choice in the matter?

Very good questions, Jim,but Joan cannot answer them because reincarnation is simply a belief with her with no evidence to back it up. Rolling Eyes

I very much doubt that she can even explain what she means by reincarnation.

Now Z., I bet she CAN. Smile

Jim

Then you would lose your bet, Jim Smile

Your mentality is like your manners,at a very low ebb. Very Happy

Your rudeness always comes to the fore when you can't answer questions. Ad hominem attacks are your usual answer.

Why don't you just explain what you mean by reincarnation instead of resorting to personal attacks? Or your favourite trick - writing pm's - only this time make sure you send it to the right person or you'll be caught out like last time! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:15 pm

I am quite happy to admit that I am no expert on Reincarnation.
I have never hid the fact,I come here to learn like every other member.
Actually,I do believe you giving me information about the subject......Meeting up again in a future life?
Back to 18 years again. Sad

Pm? Why don't you ask for permission to copy the pm that went to you by mistake?
Stick it on here and let the other members decide about the contents.
You are evidently just dying to let everyone know...... Suspect
Now let's get on about the point of reincarnation.

petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 pm

real or not? - Page 4 593759 Fight!!!!!
I'll hold your coats.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:16 pm

I could construct a counter-argument for every anti-reincarnation argument i've made: but I still don't believe in it.

The basic problem is that ideas, concepts, are part of an overall ethos, or world view. Place them in the context of another overall view and they frequently make much less sense.

To me, reincarnation is like that: viewed from the perspective of Hinduism or Buddhism, it makes sense: indeed, may well be integral to the whole philosophy.

Viewed from the perspective of Christianity or Modern Spiritualism, it makes far less sense, and is certainly not integral: rather, it becomes a part that's harder to fit into the whole.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:25 pm

KatyKing wrote: real or not? - Page 4 593759 Fight!!!!!
I'll hold your coats.

I just love a good battle,KatyKing. bounce
Please join in,the more the merrier.
cheers
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Left Behind wrote:I could construct a counter-argument for every anti-reincarnation argument i've made: but I still don't believe in it.

The basic problem is that ideas, concepts, are part of an overall ethos, or world view. Place them in the context of another overall view and they frequently make much less sense.

To me, reincarnation is like that: viewed from the perspective of Hinduism or Buddhism, it makes sense: indeed, may well be integral to the whole philosophy.

Viewed from the perspective of Christianity or Modern Spiritualism, it makes far less sense, and is certainly not integral: rather, it becomes a part that's harder to fit into the whole.

People will be arguing until the end of time,Jim.
I suspect we will not know the truth until our time comes.
Me? Hope there is no reincarnation,as you said before,who wants to come back to this dicey old planet?
Rolling Eyes
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:03 pm

Then again, Petal, there's the possibility of incarnate life in another and better physical world.

Also that we might not have any choice in the matter.

Or that we might have a choice in the matter, and that the only ones who reincarnate are those who opt to.

Or. . . , well, you see my point! Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Hopefully,you are correct.
Haven't they found a new planet similiar to earth?
Who knows where we may end up next.....but then again,hopefully physical life will be our last incarnation.
I am praying you are right,no Reincarnation. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:37 pm

OK shake hands now.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Petal and I don't have to: we've always been friends. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Smile
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:49 pm

hiorta wrote:
Quiet wrote:I remember someone asking this question of a spirit in a trance session once and, from memory, the spirit avoided it beautifully - with good reason, no doubt.

In quiet times I am personally aware that I am at the edge of a far deeper memory. This awareness often gives pause for thought and is now the source of a far greater commitment to silence and the spiritual development that might come from that.

Well spotted, Quiet. Spirit never seem to confirm or deny our musings. I've wondered on this for years and can only conclude that there might be a "Prohibition Order" on such - presumably we must find and decide. Even the great SG Group are masters at not answering certain points made.
In my early circle days, discussion was hugely encouraged and the often-heard Spirit view was " What do YOU think". This seems to point to the saying 'All is within' as the knowledge was available but we had to mine it.

Great news on your other point, that is how it seems to be. We are 'at the ege of so much' if we would just quietly reach out to it. I remember so well getting a wee pointer - 'two ears, one mouth - use in that proportion'.

Thanks hiorta. I took six month break from my development circle because it seemed not worth continuing without some kind of active spiritual life. I couldn't find that anywhere but now I can see that it is about the silence. I decided also to make a special study of Silver Birch's teachings. This kind of reflection seems to lead to other things.

Yesterday I went to a demonstration of trance mediumship by my teacher and received encouragement there. Trance mediumship never ceases to amaze me. Somehow the spirit always seeks to reach deep into every soul. He/she said the same thing three times, as if to ensure that the message was heard.

Reincarnation ........... I don't think it really matters very much as we live moment to moment in this life. Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 pm

""I don't think it really matters very much as we live moment to moment in this life.

There seems to be major items in these innocuous words and pointing to quantum understanding (if that isn't a paradox in itself)

It looks as though we can learn much about 'our' idea of Life and yet not even scratch the surface of what it really is.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:54 pm

One of the first century mediums has it that we see 'as through a glass darkly'.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

But that one day we shall see face to face. Now we know but in part: but one day we shall know, as we are known. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Yep same chap. Good eh?
There is no new thing under the sun. I find it reassuring that we stand in direct line from such illustrious forebears. Equally clueless but beningly optimistic given those 'crumbs' of of the evidential that we are vouchsafed.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

What's the point in knowing all the answers when I'm enjoying the journey Smile
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I am not sure I'd view 'st' Paul as illustrious.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:56 pm

obiwan wrote:I am not sure I'd view 'st' Paul as illustrious.

Well, he HAS had some degree of impact on the world's religious history. Rolling Eyes

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:26 pm

Nobody's perfect. Bit of a misogynist by all accouts back in the day but grown out of it now. Works with a UK healer. I forget which one but getting a nice livind going off the advertising.. Clinics all over the place. Is it Ray Brown?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:27 pm

Interesting. I hadn't known that Paul was a control! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:39 pm

KatyKing wrote:Nobody's perfect. Bit of a misogynist by all accouts back in the day but grown out of it now. Works with a UK healer. I forget which one but getting a nice livind going off the advertising.. Clinics all over the place. Is it Ray Brown?

Allegedly - if you believe that tripe! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Two SNU glitterati are discussing a 'professional' healer.
G1 'She went into it to do good she tells me'
G2 'Well she is certainly doing pretty good'
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next