SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb

3 posters

Go down

Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb Empty Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:56 pm

Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb

Naming Services
Our next naming service is on the 1st Feb 2009 taken by Ann Armstong Mauchlin Ayr and is included as part of our normal divine service that evening
A naming service or ceremony is the Spiritualist version of a Christian Christening with one subtle difference – Spiritualists do not believe that water needs to be used to purify someone who God has already deemed to be pure - therefore when a Spiritualist naming takes place all those in attendance bring a flower – at an appropriate time during the service everyone is invited to come forward and present the flower to the person being “named”

It is our custom for us at Dunfermline Ask to ask the Medium to present a cortage of flowers for the congregation along with a few words to the recipient – it is a truly beautiful service, not only for the person for whom the service is organized but for everyone attending.

Naming services are held for people of any age – babies, young children and when required for adults who may have come into Spiritualism having decided to accept Spiritualism as their chosen religion.

During the naming service , as well as names already given another name is given – this by the world of Spirit through the medium – something which is truly a Spiritual experience.

“Now I feel I really belong” is the usual comment after a naming service

Back to top Go down

Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb Empty Re: Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb

Post by tmmw Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:52 am

Hello Merlin,

Thanks for that truly interesting explanation of the "Naming Service".

Lynn

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb Empty Re: Naming Service by Ann Armstrong 1st Feb

Post by mac Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Our daughter was named in a local Spiritualist church, 23 years ago.

'Naming' is a far cry from the 'christening' nonsense...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:43 pm

mac wrote:Our daughter was named in a local Spiritualist church, 23 years ago.

There doesn't appear to be a standard 'Naming Service'. I have been to quite a number and they were all conducted differently.

I particularly liked the ones taken by Gordon Higginson who used to give the person's spirit name and the spiritual reason why they were so named.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:58 pm

zerdini wrote:
mac wrote:Our daughter was named in a local Spiritualist church, 23 years ago.

There doesn't appear to be a standard 'Naming Service'. I have been to quite a number and they were all conducted differently.

I particularly liked the ones taken by Gordon Higginson who used to give the person's spirit name and the spiritual reason why they were so named.

Z

".......who used to give the person's spirit name and the spiritual reason why they were so named." We got her name but not the explanation why.... that would have been interesting.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down