SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

+9
Inge
Deb
Mic
Lis
Slatewriter
obiwan
mac
Left Behind
Admin
13 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums - Page 5 Empty Re: Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

Post by mac Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:06 pm

As I've said before - risking boring folk to death in so doing - phenomenalism isn't necessarily mediumship in the way we Modern Spiritualists view mediumship. But those who are not subscribers to the Spiritualist approach may well regard such entertainment as mediumship.

There is no right and no wrong.

mac

Back to top Go down

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums - Page 5 Empty Re: Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums

Post by mac Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Course if the phenomena are produced by an incarnate then it looks like fraud but if we don't value phenomena anyway, would that matter to us?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:46 pm

Louis Armstrong on the harmonica - that anyone believed that is a wonder in itself. I always made that point. Someone (medium or Spirit)  got the wrong idea from the harmonica break in the song 'Wonderful World', which, of course, was not Louis Armstrong, and decided to use it for effect.

There is no record anywhere of Armstrong playing the harmonica, a no no for the top lip of any significant trumpet player, anyway he always had his trumpet around with him, one type made specially, handed on every 5 years.

Now one may argue Spirit uses the skills the medium had and his UK Circle leader did confirm to me once that David knew how to play the harmonica but I am sure Louis would only, as a purported materialised being, independent to the medium, have played a trumpet given he had no experience on the harmonica.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Maybe he learned to play the harmonica in the spirit world? Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:24 am

No surely the Harp Jim (admittedly the Harmonica was also known as the Mouth Harp)........Imagine I am not sure he would get the rhythm right on Basin Street Blues with that though and I am sure he would still be blasting away. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Interesting I note that, on last Friday, Banyan Retreat, who released the video that exposed Gary Mannion, were having a physical mediumship seance with Scott Milligan. Now Banyan signed up to the new protocols; I wonder whether they will have enforced them on Scott a close friend of theirs.

Hmm I have been wondering how much time would elapse before the Dark Seance, with no filming would re appear. Admittedly by my reading none of these rules have stopped Mannion from working.

SCOTT MILLIGAN PHYSICAL MEDIUMSHIP SÉANCE - £35
TIME
(Saturday) 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm
EVENT DETAILS
This is a great opportunity to experience a physical séance with Scott.
Places are only made available to people who:
have sat with Scott before
have attended a workshop at Banyan Retreat with Scott
are known to Banyan Retreat
are known to Scott
SETTING EXPECTATION:
We anticipate much – but can promise nothing.
CLICK HERE to read the séance protocol before you book your place.

The seance protocols they are using would seem to suggest they will not be filming it, I note, from the information above, that they may have decided this is not truly an open seance because of the entry restrictions; so they could argue this exempts the need for the new Truth campaign rules;

Please read carefully as you may be asked to sign in agreement.
Physical Mediumship is a rare form of Mediumistic Phenomena and few Mediums subject themselves to this type of mediumship in today’s public arena. Mediums in the past have sustained serious injury and loss of life due to inappropriate conduct of persons during séances.
All séance that are held at Banyan Retreat are for the sole purpose of experimentation, at no time will we be held responsible in any way for the content of any séance.
We request you to read and accept the following conditions. If you are unable to accept any of the conditions listed, we request that you refrain from attending a séance.
In booking your place you agree to the following:
Physical mediums are highly sensitive, sitters/guests agree that they will not disrupt the event in any way because any disruption could cause serious injury to the medium.
Physical Mediums cannot be exposed to ANY light whatsoever and accordingly all sitters/guests agree they will not do anything in any way whatsoever to interfere with the medium, with the conditions of the sessions, with the spirit communicators or to introduce any light/cameras/recording devices whatsoever. I also consent to a physical search by a representative of the Circle.
During the sitting, the sitters/guests undertake to act with due responsibility and to respect the medium, spirit communicators and all other persons present and to follow all instructions and or directions given by the circle leader or representative of the Circle.
The Physical Medium and Banyan Retreat state that during the séance and or trance event, they will take no responsibility for the effects of any communication which may occur during the séance or trance event.
Accordingly: When you sign the register, you sign to confirm that you are in a fit and proper condition to participate in this session and will not make any claim against the Physical Medium and his authorized agents or managers in relation to anything which may transpire before, during or after the session or as a result of it.
Please understand you are duly bound by ALL instructions & precautions.
All séance are held in complete darkness, and can last between one to two hours. If you have a fear of the darkness (Nyctophobia) or are claustrophobic, you must NOT attend the séance.
Careful procedures are taken to protect the medium. If a ticket is given to another individual other than the person whom it was sold to, that person will not be allowed to attend the séance.
Any person who is or maybe pregnant must advise a representative before booking into a séance, unfortunately we are unable to accept any responsibility for their well being, before, during or after a séance.
Individuals attending a séance MUST NOT use any unnecessary drugs or alcohol 24 hours before attending a séance.
All persons, including the medium will be searched thoroughly before entering the séance room. All items listed must be removed before entering the séance room; Shoes, Jewellery, wallets, purses, bags, head gear, belts, watches, and ALL pockets must be emptied. All metal objects must be removed, ALL sources of light, mobile phones and any electrical equipment or machinery. IE cameras/recording devices of any type will NOT be permitted at any time in the séance room without written permission. ALL participants will be searched by a member of the same sex by hand and also by a metal detector and must agree to being searched, failure to comply with any reasonable request by the persons conducting the search will result in exclusion from the séance.
If you feel you would become distressed or unnerved in anyway by a spirit person communicating verbally or physically at the event you must not attend.
It is advisable to only have a light meal two hours before a séance, so that energy is not used in digesting food.
Sitters are asked not to make any unnecessary noise during the séance unless participating in the singing or forum at anytime. They must also keep movements to an absolute minimum throughout the event.
A representative of the circle will give a talk on the séance protocols before the commencement of the séance; ALL participants must attend this pre-séance talk regardless of any previous attendances.
Once the séance room is sealed off, if a person were to panic or feel uncomfortable and wanted to leave the room, depending on the level of trance state obtained at that time by the medium would be dependant if the séance would have to be terminated, so all persons are reminded that they have a responsibility to disclose any information that may cause the séance to terminate prematurely.
It is extremely important that sitters come with an open mind to the séance. The success of the communication can come down to the positive vibration that those in attendance create. We ask that all worries and thoughts of our day to day lives are left outside and that we mentally or verbally analyse what takes place after the séance has concluded, as too much analytical thinking can impede communication. We are the only limitation to what takes place.
Once invited into the séance room, sitters are asked to sit where directed by a designated representative, where possible new sitters will be asked to sit between those who have sat in a previous séance. Once seated, we ask you to minimize movements and at no time exchange seats with any other person.
All items made or adapted to create any type of light or energy in anyway including but not limited to light bulbs will be removed from the séance room. A red light generator maybe used by the designated circle leader and is the only light source allowed at anytime in the room.
The medium will be secured into his chair with straps, cable ties and independent checkers will be invited to check the straps and bindings. An independent checker will be chosen to keep possession of the cable tie cutter at all times during the séance.
All exits to the séance room will then be closed and secured and a final light check will be conducted before the red light source is extinguished.
Sitters must remain as still and quiet as possible throughout the séance, unless instructed otherwise by the spirit control or a circle representative. There should be no clapping of hands at anytime. Over exaggerated movements disturbs the séance room energy and unexpected ectoplasm contact can cause grave harm to the medium as the spirit people are within ectoplasm that is produced and exuded from the medium’s body. It is therefore a part of him and will recoil back into his body and may cause internal damage if inappropriately disturbed.
Sitters MUST NOT touch or grab levitated objects or spirit entities, unless permission is expressly granted from a spirit person or the designated circle leader.
An opening/closing prayer will be said before and on conclusion of each séance this is not meant to cause harm or distress in any way to any persons attending regardless of that person’s creed, colour or personal belief.
All persons when instructed to do so must hold hands, this is done to ensure all persons are located in their appropriate place and also to maintain the safety of the Medium during any type of phenomena that maybe taking place within the séance room.
Attendees should note that all sessions are audio-recorded and may be published in various media, including print, audio and video formats without further notice.
Places are not refundable or transferable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:33 am

Wasn't Milligan the guy who declined to carry out his scheduled attendances at the AFC after the new protocols for recording physical mediumship in the dark were introduced?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:13 am

Yes he was Mac and he rejected any efforts to help him achieve a way to meet them (I believe he was offered the use of the equipment although as we know well Banyan has the necessary cameras).

With Scott potentially active again, even if in a limited way as an open but not to the general public seance, and potentially working with the machinery switched off, how long will it be before another phoenix re arises David Thompson, Scott's close friend. Mark you after his episode in Queensand I suspect DT may have a few more question marks against him now and it must be possible that Banyan may require him to be filmed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:18 am

I suspect that we will now see a number of others begin to creep back into work in seance rooms that will not exercise the Truth protocols

mac wrote:Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose Rolling Eyes

The desire of people to see this will always provide a willing target market despite the very obvious issues surronding this "mediumship". The wishing it to be real then helps it be perceived as such in the disorientation, excitement and darkness.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:05 am

If folk go for the entertainment of phenomenalism they may get value-for-money, particularly if the phenomena are genuine but maybe still so even when they're not.  Who, after all, can prove they're not genuine phenomena if the practitioner isn't visible the whole time?  

If they go for mediumship and for evidence of survival then it's perhaps more likely they'll be disappointed.  I feel sympathy for this latter category but not for the former.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:49 am

Aye mac. A heavy reliance is put on the visual senses in such situations. Do we overlook our other senses to our cost? Has TV been a boon or a subtle means of dumbing down?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthShallSetYouFree Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:50 am

In 2017 approx Psychic News (PN) announced the Psychic News Truth Campaign to stop fraud in Physical Mediumship (PM) there was much hoo ha following the secret recording of Gary Mannion at Banyan retreat following which there were accusations, denials, slander and hostility to anyone that questioned PM in general, myself included. PN together with the AFC (Arthur Findlay College) put protocols in place to ensure all public displays of PM were videoed with suitable equipment either infrared or thermal imaging cameras. At the time as a professional photographer I said infrared and thermal cameras were not necessary as digital technology could now photograph in blackout conditions and offered to provide the equipment, hence Physical Mediums could not use the excuse of IR causing them injury. I looked up the original PN post today (screenshots enclosed) And its quite telling.

In 2015 one medium was tested by the AFC and the results were negative and not published – Why not I ask?

Psychic News Said;
“Scott Milligan is experimenting with such equipment under spirit instruction at his home circle of which Nic Whitham and Steven Siu Banyan retreat co-owners are members”

I would ask “where are the videos?” Two years later as far as I am aware no public videos of either Scott Milligan or other PMs have surfaced, if not why not? If The results were negative lets see the evidence, if the results were positive lets see the evidence.

Banyan also said in the article :
” In order to protect and ensure the legitimacy of our physical mediums in the modern world it has become necessary for us to ask them to work whilst we film them with a thermal imaging camera”

Since a long time has passed and there must have been quite a few displays of PM at Banyan by Scott Milligan and others where on earth is the video evidence? I am not singling out Scott Milligan or Banyan as this applies to all current PMs and and displays of PMs at centres, I am highlighting the aforementioned as they were in the original PN article. The time has come to stop hiding in the dark and put a stop to this once and for all, my offer to provide High Res low lux digital equipment still stands for any PM that is willing to be tested and proved one way or the other!

TheTruthShallSetYouFree

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 pm

I agree. Put up or shut up.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:29 pm

I agree - where are the videos ?
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:34 pm

I wonder how many people, what actual number of individuals, care?

The moment for potentially-effective action has passed and is now largely forgotten it seems. Should WE care about phenomenalists and their shows? Or should we just try to keep potential show audiences aware that shows may not be what they seem and just leave things at that? The more apparently-negative publicity these showmen get the less it seems to negatively impact their workaday activities. Just what has been the outcome, anywhere, of an official 'ban' on demonstrations in-the-dark?

You'll note, I hope, I won't refer to any of these phenomenalist showmen as 'physical mediums' because I don't believe they are. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:01 pm

I suppose that entertainers performing at locations operating independent-of any protocols devised by organisations such as PN or the AFC can simply ignore whatever those organisations declare should happen.

Why would it concern them?  Such protocols are irrelevant to the venue operators and the entertainers who perform there.

Or am I misunderstanding the situation? Is it the case that entertainers have been allowed to ignore protocols at venues where we had been led to expect they would need to comply?

Last edited by mac on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : accuracy)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 pm

I also wonder whether Psychic news would pursue this as strongly now. Ther is a clear division those who continue to be allowed to work, as Scott is doing at private but expensive seances at Banyan or Gary Mannion at Wallacia, Kai with his group plus at times I understand Mr Thompson can be seen quietly re visiting friendly places., apparently with no filming and those outside that inner echelon who are meant to jump through the video hoop. There is no doubt they all should face the same testing regime.

As Mac said to the believers they will never be seen as wrong and they will always draw a crowd. To those of us who believe, like us, that truth in mediumship is all it wll always be unacceptable. Sadly they will continue to gull punters and provide false comfort to the bereaved. That is unless someone actually acts, maybe one good thing has come out of the furore around teh PN campaign and eth information with it; those who challenge those mediums are no longer receiving the vitriolic attacks they did. (well they are significantly reduced anyway).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:55 pm

Without a helluva lot of personal motivation, constantly trying to get the better of fraudsters is likely to be a hiding-to-nothing. It's analogous to cyber fraud - you're forever playing catch-up with the charlatans who don't give a s**t (my asterisks!) You're forever trying to persuade those who love vivid, entertaining phenomena that they do not illustrate the loving message of the survival of our loved ones.

But who cares if that message doesn't get delivered? Other than those like ourselves, a tiny band, who actually do care?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by TheTruthShallSetYouFree Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 am

Admin wrote:I also wonder whether Psychic news would pursue this as strongly now. Ther is a clear division those who continue to be allowed to work, as Scott is doing at private but expensive seances at Banyan or Gary Mannion at Wallacia, Kai with his group plus at times I understand Mr Thompson can be seen quietly re visiting friendly places., apparently with no filming and those outside that inner echelon who are meant to jump through the video hoop. There is no doubt they all should face the same testing regime.

As Mac said to the believers they will never be seen as wrong and they will always draw a crowd. To those of us who believe, like us, that truth in mediumship is all it wll always be unacceptable. Sadly they will continue to gull punters and provide false comfort to the bereaved. That is unless someone actually acts, maybe one good thing has  come out of the furore around teh PN campaign and eth information with it; those who challenge those mediums are no longer receiving the vitriolic attacks they did. (well they are significantly reduced anyway).
I think it is telling that MR Milligan continues to work at Banyan who advertise they video ALL PM yet he seems immune, one rule for one?...The old "IR damages the medium" can no longer be used, I have a 50MP low light camera that can shoot still images or video in near total darkness, in otherwords you cannot hide any longer, as yet, despite offers no PM will allow me to video them or photograph them.

TheTruthShallSetYouFree

Back to top Go down

Psychic News TRUTH campaign to end fraud in physical mediums - Page 5 Empty Where Indeed?

Post by TheTruthShallSetYouFree Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:55 am

Jane Lyzell wrote:         I agree - where are the videos ?            
The videos (if they exist) will not be released, why destroy a cash cow?...

TheTruthShallSetYouFree

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:28 am

TheTruthShallSetYouFree wrote:
Jane Lyzell wrote:         I agree - where are the videos ?            
The videos (if they exist) will not be released, why destroy a cash cow?...

Mad Mad Mad
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:49 am

At least someone has kicked this story again I am unsure thet Tony Ortzen will re open this box https://www.ianbroadmore.com/psychic-news-truth-campaign-update/?fbclid=IwAR0zJDaBPxL1jwxPEVDsrjET2Nn3dDep3kwKGUqXtB82gIHCkt0AWnpdbxk
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:29 am

Isn't it just yesterday's news?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:13 am

It is yesterday’s news I guess, but if people like Scott Milligan and others are still telling the world they are physical mediums I think it’s important to remind people about what happened yesterday. It’s simple to stop criticism isn’t it? Provide the evidence.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:45 am

Not much happened after his last 'outing', my duck friend, and I doubt anything will happen next time he's in the news, no matter how many times we speak out about fraud..... Sad

No such things as bad publicity it seems.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next