SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

w3hy don't my family contact me?

+2
hiorta
rohan
6 posters

Go down

w3hy don't my family contact me? Empty w3hy don't my family contact me?

Post by rohan Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:53 am

I have been contacted many times by people in spirit during open circle and able to pass on messages to others but for some reason no one from my own family or friends has ever contacted me.
Has anyone ever had this experience? and can anyone give me a reason.
Thanks Rohan

rohan

Back to top Go down

w3hy don't my family contact me? Empty Re: w3hy don't my family contact me?

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:12 am

Groupings in Spirit need not mimic those here. Spiritual affinity seems to be the glue, whereas the physical bond lessens and continues to fade.
Our current timescales also alter steadily, should they exist at all.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:55 am

hiorta wrote:Groupings in Spirit need not mimic those here. Spiritual affinity seems to be the glue, whereas the physical bond lessens and continues to fade.
Our current timescales also alter steadily, should they exist at all.
Thanks hiorta I agree with what you say. On occasions my wife has received a message from a member of her family but for some reason I have never had contact with any of my family or a special friend who I cosidered almost a brother. This saddens me somewhat. I accept that we cannot contact them and that they must contact us but I would really love to know if everyones OK thanks again for your reply.
rohan.

rohan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:04 pm

"I accept that we cannot contact them"

But we can. By thought.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:33 pm

As a seasoned Spiritualist I'm well aware that our thoughts and emotions reach out to those we would like to hear from. But such contact is one-sided and may have limited appeal because we're used to having feedback during communications in this world.

As so little about transdimensional communication mechanism can be explained it's not possible to explain why only one party may 'hear' the other's thoughts. There also needs to be given an explanation of the many reasons why the discarnate party still is unable or unwilling to make their own contact in the opposite direction....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:03 am

There also needs to be given an explanation of the many reasons why the discarnate party still is unable or unwilling to make their own contact in the opposite direction....[/color][/quote]

Thanks Mac.  Sadly the situation between my friend and I  was not all that I would have wished at the end and I was not available at the time he passed to spirit. I would dearly love to know that he understood the reasons surrounding our rift and that all was well between us.

rohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am

Tough question Rohan, there is no obvious reason why this happens. I have received few convincing messages, even fewer since I started working as a medium, but the messages We give still leave us convinced. Hang in to find the right medium and learn from what you share.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:49 pm

rohan wrote:There also needs to be given an explanation of the many reasons why the discarnate party still is unable or unwilling to make their own contact in the opposite direction....[/color]

Thanks Mac.  Sadly the situation between my friend and I  was not all that I would have wished at the end and I was not available at the time he passed to spirit. I would dearly love to know that he understood the reasons surrounding our rift and that all was well between us.[/quote]

From an outsider's perspective I'd guess your friend will have found matters in his new life at least, and probably more than, as interesting as why you parted company.

I'd further hazard that with his potentially much broader and generous view of life in-the-body he'd probably consider it of little importance if he thinks about it at all.... And if he does think about it, if it is still of concern to him as it is to you, then the thoughts you are sending, or could send, him should indicate you're both on a similar wavelength. Such thoughts are the ones which can reasonably be expected to reach him, even if it's some time before you both get to speak face-to-face about them.

It should signal that both of you still care and want to put things right and your friend will know that can happen after your passing if it doesn't happen before.
Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 am

Thanks everybody for your confirmation and reassurance.
I was born into an Irish Catholic ( 50% plus at least ) family. My early education was in the hands of the Jesuits, the storm troupers of the Catholic church.  fotunately I survived it ( almost ) but was left with a massive shed load of good old Catholic guilt and self doubt.
I suppose I knew instinctivelythat everything was OK but needed to hear it from others. I feel I can now move on in the spiritualis movement, my chosen path.
My thanks once again to you all.
Rohan  Very Happy

rohan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:17 pm

Hello Rohan,

I hope some of these comments help you. Now here are mine, but please remember this is only from my experieince.

Firstly, the person closest to me, my mum, has returned. That is not a surprise, as I knew if she would she would make the effort if she could.( also had my mother in law back, but I did get on with her !!!).

Also my dad has been back on more than one occasion via mental mediumship, which is a bit of a surprise as he was not a good comminicator. I also once had a very good direct voice communication with one of my fathers relatives called Charlie who had been in spirit a long time ( an uncle I think ).

The point here is that its difficult to know who comes through. Some of the people I would love to talk to ( my gran and great grandfather ) I have never had any contact with them. I do think its more difficult the longer they have been passed. I once heard a very good account given by a guide in direct voice regarding this very issue. He said:

Some people are content, and they do not wish to come back to the earth influence. it does not mean you are not loved or cared about, just they they have no desire to return ( why would they want these conditions !!)

Some individuals may want to, but just find it too difficult for them, or they do not have the correct conditions to do so

Others do possess the ability, and may want to ( but again they need the correct medium)

All makes perfect sense to me.

Hope that helps

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:44 am

Hello Leroy C,
Thanks for your post and my apologies for the delay in replying I've been awawy for a couple of days.

When you refer to mental mediumship I assume you are referring to a one to one contact with spirit during meditation.  This is where I have a problem personally,  the old self doubt kicks in and I can;t be sure it isn't just memory or imagination and I need the massage to come from a third paty medium to verify it's acuracy.

I am able to give messages for others in circle with, seemingly, some success but I can't trust it for myself.

Thanks again for your comments I found them most interesting.

Rohan.

rohan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:37 am

Hello Rohan,

No, in mental mediumship I do not mean meditiation, that is something totally different. I mean mental mediumship through a medium. I meditate and do not get imppressions from 'spirit', as I am not a medium. Direct voice, when I spoke to my fathers relative was via 'direct voice', which was in a physocal mediumship seance.

Hope that helps

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:17 am

Hi Rohan,

If I may chip in here. I think one of the things we learn from the process of mediumship, is the attitude we bring has very much a bearing of how and what results from it. Attitude of mind is very important, it is the mind that the spirit world will use, and how your mind is conditioned will either aid or prevent the contact with the spirit world, a positive open mindedness is best required.

Also, the process will be a reflection of how much your mind is open.

I think one of the most important things we need to realise is that doubt, self doubt, constant self doubt can be quite damaging to ones mediumship and spirit communication, the spirit world have described persistent self-doubt as being likened to a mist which covers the mind, the more we doubt, the more we add to this mist and no matter how much they try to break through that mist, at times the other world have no option but to abandon their attempt to establish contact with us.

Try not to doubt too much, trust yourself and trust in spirit.

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by rohan Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:19 pm

Thanks Mark74,
excellent adviceand believe me I am trying.
Rohan.

rohan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:08 am

Spot on, Mark. It is best not to try to assess your own efforts, especially in the early stages.
The potential for great evidential Mediumship is unlimited, though it is our side of it that applies limits, often unconsciously.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down