SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritual implications of personal responsibility

5 posters

Go down

Spiritual implications of personal responsibility Empty Spiritual implications of personal responsibility

Post by Admin Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:32 am

Quite interesting thoughts with a Christian Spiritualist emphasis
http://www.examiner.com/article/spiritual-implications-of-personal-responsibility
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spiritual implications of personal responsibility Empty Re: Spiritual implications of personal responsibility

Post by hiorta Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:38 am

The promoted Christian view, well the latest one, is constantly changing as it tries to keep ahead of the pack. As minds expand, such views diminish.

Christianity's teachings are incompatible with the evidence Spiritualism has revealed - briefly and simply, No Death so no Resurrection - No Resurrection, No Christianity.

In any case, the notion of a 'Saviour God' sits opposed to the concept of Personal Responsibility and seems contrary to the Law of Cause & Effect.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Spiritual implications of personal responsibility Empty Re: Spiritual implications of personal responsibility

Post by Quiet Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:14 pm

hiorta wrote:The promoted Christian view, well the latest one, is constantly changing as it tries to keep ahead of the pack. As minds expand, such views diminish.

Christianity's teachings are incompatible with the evidence Spiritualism has revealed - briefly and simply, No Death so no Resurrection - No Resurrection, No Christianity.

In any case, the notion of a 'Saviour God' sits opposed to the concept of Personal Responsibility and seems contrary to the Law of Cause & Effect.

I've been reading one of Stella Storm's compilations of Silver Birch's discussions. There is much more about the Natural Law there than I've seen in other compilations. I think I'm beginning to understand the actual import of the Natural Law and its liberating meaning.

There has been an increasing lack of awareness the issue of personal responsibility in Western urban culture. To my embarrassment I don't think I understood it myself until later life, being so influenced by little understood developmental influences and an overall lack of hope. Where there is little hope, it becomes almost impossible to sustain will and free choice.

But this is part of the process each soul must undertake in her own journey. It's a journey to awareness.

I am not a Christian but I do believe that Christ existed and was a healer/teacher for the West. His teachings have been perverted by the institutional politics of the Churches. But ..... if Christians do love others in the humble, giving way which comes from the teachings of Christ they are on the right path. It must be very hard for Christians to unpack what Christ actually said from all the spin and morality attached to it by various institutional Churches.

Silver Birch himself said that spiritual evolution takes time.

If I look at symbolic language and metaphor I simply see that death and resurrection means the chance to begin again, with new awareness. I think a lot of the bible is somewhat vaguely remembered history and metaphorical allegory. Fortunately, it is not the only vehicle for spiritual understanding for us, but it is for many, and that is simply part of their evolution.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLawOfOneMessenger Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Mr. Qiet, If I may add to your views that death and resurrection pertains to the death of ones carnal/egoistic self, not in form but in spirit, allowing the soul the
chance to begin again its evolution upward, and with more awareness of Ones/Self, the more God/Self resurrects within you, in spirit. Thank you for allowing me to share.

Love and Light

TheLawOfOneMessenger

Back to top Go down

Post by MU!! Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Spritualism and post-Nicean Christianity are fundamentally at opposite ends of the spiritual spectrum as stated above due to the polarity between the resurrection theologies views and the views of Spritualists regarding the {immediacy of attainment} of the afterlife.

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:37 am

Well said MU
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MU!! Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:47 am

Admin wrote:Well said MU
I read those infintely long Sprit of PN comments of yours and Lis et al - MU!! does his homework. Razz

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down