SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is chocolate spiritual?

+3
KatyKing
Blackcrow
Wes
7 posters

Go down

Is chocolate spiritual? Empty Is chocolate spiritual?

Post by Wes Wed May 23, 2012 2:34 am

Here's a question for those who have given readings while "under the influence" of body altering substances, such as alcohol, caffeine, chocolate and prescription drugs - do these things make it harder or easier to get and maintain a connection with spirit? I may as well add a query about how the weather might have an effect too, such as rain or electrical storms...

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Is chocolate spiritual? Empty Re: Is chocolate spiritual?

Post by Blackcrow Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am

I Can only speak for myself here, but i dont eat chocolate very often if i drink while doing readings its water, the only change ive seen reading during a thunder storm is the people waiting get jumpy, but it doesnt affect me at all, you either connect to spirit or you dont. so it doesnt afffect the reading at all,
someone else will have other views,

Namaste

Blackcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Might not be spiritual but in my book Chocolate is one of your 'five a day'.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed May 23, 2012 3:30 pm

Perhaps not a good example, but medications, or indeed any substance that affects or numbs a persons sense of 'feeling' may, for those who may rely perhaps more on clairsentience be a problem.

Like wise, I suppose the same could be applied to 'beta blockers', medications or substances that prevent a person from thinking clearly. I'm sure that in one degree or another anyone relying on claircognizance or any form of 'mental' mediumship, would have their ability's lessened.

Just as (and perhaps more importantly?) anything which affects a persons emotions - either by heightening or by the lessening of them, would also affect their work.

On the flip side - something that generates and is known for inflicting things such as self-delusion - doesn't need explaining.

As for the weather... no ideas about that one Wink
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Is it in Tom Harrison's book (Jim LB has one) where they say that 'heavy' thundery weather was not good for PM?
Sure I read that somewhere quite recently.
As far as intoxicants are concerned I'd say 'never' sit under any influence save that of Spirit, but I'm teetotal.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Blackcrow wrote:

I Can only speak for myself here, but i dont eat chocolate very often if i drink while doing readings its water, the only change ive seen reading during a thunder storm is the people waiting get jumpy, but it doesnt affect me at all, you either connect to spirit or you dont. so it doesnt afffect the reading at all,

Namaste

Yes,Carron.
Always a glass of water by the medium's side.
A jug of water near by.
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Wed May 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Wasn't aware of heavy thunder affecting Pm, but then I've still a long way to go learning about PM. Wonder if it's anything to do with changes in vibration? Does the book explain why?
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Pretty sure its in the Tom Harrison but it was just an aside as if the circle took it for granted that if it was thundery they wouldn't get much.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu May 24, 2012 12:53 am

Blackcrow wrote:

Namaste

Thank you BC, does anyone else have their own personal experience they would like to share?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Thu May 24, 2012 8:14 am

My personal experience is that mediumship cannot successfully be carried out when one has had alcohol. I don't think chocolate has any adverse effects but do find that stormy weather, weather where there is a greater electro-magnetic atmosphere can significantly interfere with the connection with spirit for some people, while for others it appears to enhance their connection, and for some it doesn't seem to have any impact at all. This suggests, to me at least, that the personal energy field of individual mediums may be impacted on by atmospheric conditions.

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu May 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Lis wrote:My personal experience is that mediumship cannot successfully be carried out when one has had alcohol. I don't think chocolate has any adverse effects but do find that stormy weather, weather where there is a greater electro-magnetic atmosphere can significantly interfere with the connection with spirit for some people, while for others it appears to enhance their connection, and for some it doesn't seem to have any impact at all. This suggests, to me at least, that the personal energy field of individual mediums may be impacted on by atmospheric conditions.

Thanks Lis, it would seem from your comments that people's abilities in this area operate differently from each other in some way, or is there more to it than that. That it may be the people in spirit are affected
in different ways by weather and so on as they try to make a connection with us?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu May 24, 2012 1:20 pm

I had heard it often said that a dark, cold, frosty night offered the ideal conditions for communication, though I have nothing to base that upon.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down