SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritualism & Spiritism ~ A Contradiction?

+5
Admin
Left Behind
KatyKing
hiorta
eirefox
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spiritualism & Spiritism ~ A Contradiction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spiritualism & Spiritism ~ A Contradiction?

Post by Left Behind Mon May 14, 2012 4:03 pm

KatyKing wrote:And there was me thinking it was Cajun French.
Apropos Father Murphy. His chum Father Dolan had taught my Indian students English hence they came out with heavily accented phrases such as
Now lookit,
Sure that's grand
and
Yer man
None ever said Begorrah - but I was waiting....

Shocked

Peter: you have either made a VERY lucky guess, or for sure you have picked up something! Shocked

Father Murphy was indeed my high school French teacher. And Father DOLAN (later, Monsignor Dolan) was the rector (principal) of the school at that time! Shocked

I haven't heard anything about / from either of them in decades. But since I was graduated in 1969, and I would guess both of them were 45 - 50 at the time, and Murphy, it was said, had a heart condition, I assume both of them are in spirit now.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Spiritualism & Spiritism ~ A Contradiction? - Page 2 Empty Re: Spiritualism & Spiritism ~ A Contradiction?

Post by KatyKing Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 pm

No Fr. Dolan was a real Irish Priest who taught English in Karnataka India Jim. I inherited his protegees.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 15, 2012 2:44 am

There you go, Peter: a phony would have made up a tale that Father Murphy in spirit had told him about Father Dolan! Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Oh THAT Father Dolan.
Yep I got him through too Jim.
Red faced fella, smelt faintly of whisky; caught you smoking once and just winked.
;-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu May 17, 2012 4:55 pm

KatyKing wrote:Oh THAT Father Dolan.
Yep I got him through too Jim.
Red faced fella, smelt faintly of whisky; caught you smoking once and just winked.
;-)

Very Happy

Now Peter, if you do get through to THAT Father Dolan, here's what I want for evidence: what was his nickname, and how did he get it?

If he DOESN'T know, or denies knowing, ask him if he remembers having something frequently in his possession that most people don't usually have with them.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu May 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Nah it'd just be guessing Jim. rendeer
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2