SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great article by KatyKing. . .

+4
Admin
KatyKing
Quiet
Left Behind
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Great article by KatyKing. . .  Empty Great article by KatyKing. . .

Post by Left Behind Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:03 pm

. . . in Issue 8 of Psychic News! Smile

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Great article by KatyKing. . .  Empty Re: Great article by KatyKing. . .

Post by Quiet Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Psychic News seems to have a quite clunky web site. I have tried twice to join but each time the system hasn't accepted my details.

This time it was PayPal. PayPal can be a nightmare.

Or a test of patience!

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Thank you Jim.

Someone else said they had problem joining PN.. Q. Best email their techies they sorted me out pdq when had probs.
Only downside to online PN is no ads or readers letters that are in print version.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:37 pm

I just emailed the tech people. I may go for the print version but suspect it costs more.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 pm

It does cost more but you get more too Q.
I like to read the ads to see what' hapening also for courses and at this time of year residential gigs. This week some of our church are away on a break with seminars down in Devon. I seldom get to go on residenials but its good to see whats out there. Certainly is a much bigger thing now than years ago. Loads more choices. Letters page can be fun too.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Of course Katy for us down under the ads do not help much. Could be good if there was an Aussie adverts special on the web version but seeing what exactly gets advertised over here I doubt there would be much worthwhile.

However, having some way to advertise nationally could encourage people to try more things, like when the Mission brought Rev Anne Gehman over from the USA it could have drawn siome interstate visitors.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:09 pm

I do think they are missing a trick in not carrying ads on PN website. That said many use spiritualismresources free listings pages. That pulls lots of traffic.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:27 pm

I had a VERY difficult time getting my subscription through via PayPal. But I thought all that was straightened out by now.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 pm

No it isn't sorted out. I had an email response suggesting I call them in the UK. I live in Australia and they know that.

I wonder what the difficulty is. Even bloggers and small Facebook sellers manage to set up workable payment systems.

Sigh. I don't know whether it is worth all the bother. Maybe ..... when I'm in a better mood.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Amazon is on the blink too. Not that that's any consolation.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:27 am

Incidentally, my electronic copy of "Two Worlds" arrived without difficulty this afternoon Smile. I subscribed a few months ago at the same time as I first tried to subscribe to "Psychic News".

I think that "Two Worlds" also needs articles of substance. There have been some interesting things but much of the paper is advertisements.

There was an article on gay marriage, another on how to make the most of healing, some quotes from Silver Birch and some quotes representing American Indian spirituality. I simply flicked through the paper today and there could be more of depth that I missed.

I noticed that there is also an Association of United Spiritualists which has been going for 16 years. Does anyone know anything about this?

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:39 am

I get the feeling that they are more of a group for ministers and mediums, for insurance etc., rather than a group for rank and file Spiritualists. But I could well be wrong.

Colin Fry is a member.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:25 am

Colin Fry is a United Spiritualist member and soon to become one of their ordained ministers. They are a federation of independent churches and mediums. Spiritualist version of the Congregationalists in polity and order. They have been around for a good few years. I always thought they were an American group until I realised that the photo of their president on adverts with US President as the caption did not mean United States.
They broker insurance cover for churches and individual healers and mediums via the company that all the bodies use thre only being two such in England. The variety of charges you find for cover offered by groups such a US depends on the amount of commission or cut they take before passing cover premium on to the insurance company. Cover is identical in all cases. It has to be as there is a legal benchmark minimum.
US are not Christian spiritualists more SNU oriented but without all the SNU BS.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:33 am

Two Worlds is good for all the ads. They give a flavour of who is offering what and where but the articles are dire. Last issue was more about Buddhism plus feel good rip and write bits from the net.
I suspect Tony the editor is struggling to find enough Spiritualist material each month. Maybe we should all send some pieces in for him to consider.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am

OOps. Uniited Spiritualists DO include christian spiritualists. Just noticed that in Colin Frys article in PN number eight page ten.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am

I could never reconcile the 'Christian/Spiritualist' idea, both terms seeming mutually contradictory.
Spiritualism is the fulfilling of a Natural Law - there is no death - while Christianity denies this Law, claiming that the individual must choose and subscribe to some dogmatic view, from a whole range of equally dogmatic stances, all claiming to be the real one.

If that were not enough, the individual must then attend regular rituals and other staged events. If this is done, then death just might be avoided. Beyond that point it all gets rather woolly.

Last edited by hiorta on Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Must admit I was rather disappointed with Two Worlds last month and the month before it.
Will keep my order going until the end of the year,then see if there is any improvement by there.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:31 pm

KatyKing wrote: I always thought they were an American group until I realised that the photo of their president on adverts with US President as the caption did not mean United States.

I thought the same thing, Peter. Their President doesn't look a bit like Obama, though. Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:33 pm

KatyKing wrote:Two Worlds is good for all the ads. They give a flavour of who is offering what and where but the articles are dire. Last issue was more about Buddhism plus feel good rip and write bits from the net.
I suspect Tony the editor is struggling to find enough Spiritualist material each month. Maybe we should all send some pieces in for him to consider.

Letters, too. Wink

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:36 pm

KatyKing wrote:OOps. Uniited Spiritualists DO include christian spiritualists. Just noticed that in Colin Frys article in PN number eight page ten.

They try to include all varieties of Spiritualism, withought being any particular variety, I think.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 pm

hiorta wrote:I could never reconcile the 'Christian/Spiritualist' idea, both terms seeming mutually contradictory.
Spiritualism is the fulfilling of a Natural Law - there is no death - while Christianity denies this Law, claiming that the individual must choose and subscribe to some dogmatic view, from a whole range of equally dogmatic stances, all claiming to be the real one.

If that were not enough, the individual must then attend regular rituals and other staged events. If this is done, then death just might be avoided. Beyond that point it all gets rather woolly.

Well, all of them believe in death of the physical body, and almost all of them believe in the immortality of the human soul. It's really what happens to that soul - where it goes after bodily death - that Christianity teaches that the individual must choose.

All in all, I believe there's a big difference between what Jesus taught and what the Christian churches teach.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:41 pm

petal34 wrote:Must admit I was rather disappointed with Two Worlds last month and the month before it.
Will keep my order going until the end of the year,then see if there is any improvement by there.

Peter has the right idea, Petal. We all need to send the editor (Tony) some material.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:00 pm

I may just do that,Jim.
A few questions?
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Good letter from Jim LB in last TW. That could have been an article in itself Jim.
I don't think there's much difference if any between Christian scriptures and Spiritualism but there's quite a gulf between churchianity and Spiritualism.
Will have a go at something for TW once I get next PN pitch done.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:06 am

KatyKing wrote:Good letter from Jim LB in last TW. That could have been an article in itself Jim.
I don't think there's much difference if any between Christian scriptures and Spiritualism but there's quite a gulf between churchianity and Spiritualism.
Will have a go at something for TW once I get next PN pitch done.

Look forward to that,KK.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next