SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lily Dale UK?

5 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Lily Dale UK? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lily Dale UK?

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:18 pm

Only mediums approved by the association can work at LIly Dale JIm but there are renters who live there especially through winter who don't do sittings. Cassadaga is easier to work in as a medium so I'm told. There's a sizeable psychic and unregistered community right next door. I know of two English mediums who have worked at Cassadaga. Ideally and if one had the money then Lily Dale in camp season and Cassadaga through winter would be sweet. Don't know if any do that.
I have been talking to a company that develops retirement communities in England. Early days yet and everyone is waiting to see what will be on offer from forthcoming new legislation for older age living. Building a contact list of interested people too.
If it's meant to be......
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes, there are people in the US who do that: spend summers in places like New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New England. . . and winters in Florida or the Gulf Coast.

Did the PN article stir up any interest?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Snow Birds.
My auntie and her hubby in Utah did a bit of that for a few years they wintered in Florida.
I've had several nice calls and a couple of letters since the article ran. Just need that spiritualist billionaire now.
I suspect there are very few of those.
Dad said...
Spirit keeps mediums humble and church keeps us poor.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:35 pm

KatyKing wrote: spiritualist billionaire.
I suspect there are very few of those.
Dad said...
Spirit keeps mediums humble and church keeps us poor.

Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 pm

It' a stone fact Jim. First Saturday of month [tomorrow] our mini sittings afternoon at church. £3 for fifteen minutes and I'm booked solid already. Ten mediums working flat out for petrol money plus tea and cake.
Cake is excellent mind you.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 pm

I've put nearly two stones [28 pounds ] on since we moved here from relatively cake free Lancashire. East Midlands ladies are phenomenally excellent and most prolific bakers of mighty fine cake.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:23 pm

Excellent cake, doing something you love, doing something that brings joy to others. . . ah, what a bonus getting rich in the process would be! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:19 pm

Superb fruit cake this afternoon. More fruit than cake. Lovely stuff. Thirteen mini sittings and I'm knackered. Thought I had a day off tomorrow but whilst I was out Mrs K had taken an afternoon cover for tomorrow only three til four and not too far away. Be glad to get back to work on Monday for a rest.
Lady at church punted a physical development circle on website and in church newsletter. Yesterday was the second session. Told me today that she's had to make a waiting list such has been the demand. £3 a seat donation for church and her exes. They're focusing on transfiguration and I reckon they'll do well.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Yes Katy at least focusing on transfiguration keeps the lights on even if dimly good luck to them. I must get my mind around todays address and working this afternoon soon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

KatyKing wrote:Superb fruit cake this afternoon. More fruit than cake. Lovely stuff. Thirteen mini sittings and I'm knackered. Thought I had a day off tomorrow but whilst I was out Mrs K had taken an afternoon cover for tomorrow only three til four and not too far away. Be glad to get back to work on Monday for a rest.
Lady at church punted a physical development circle on website and in church newsletter. Yesterday was the second session. Told me today that she's had to make a waiting list such has been the demand. £3 a seat donation for church and her exes. They're focusing on transfiguration and I reckon they'll do well.

Great to see that there's so much interest. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:48 pm

There's definitely a resurgenceof interest just now. All the circles do well and meeting attendances are up. There is a popular psychic cum paranormal series currently on TV plus new series of The Mentalist so those bring in a few. When that movie Ghost with Patrick Swayze was in cinemas church we were in in NW had a real surge as well. Most drop off after a while but some stay on. It seems to go in cycles. I didn't notice an effect from Twilight movie but that was pitched at youngsters.
Ours is a big church, newish and purpose built, lots of people all ages and plenty of twenties thru thirties age group with events every day and most evenings. The only 'competition' is an elderly SNU cause in a dingy building with filthy curtains so we do well anyway but there is a noticeable media driven effect on numbers attending.
It's a 'Progressive Spiritualist' independent church so there's less dogmatism than old order SNU even though we share the same Principles.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 am

KatyKing wrote:There's definitely a resurgenceof interest just now. All the circles do well and meeting attendances are up. There is a popular psychic cum paranormal series currently on TV plus new series of The Mentalist so those bring in a few. When that movie Ghost with Patrick Swayze was in cinemas church we were in in NW had a real surge as well. Most drop off after a while but some stay on. It seems to go in cycles. I didn't notice an effect from Twilight movie but that was pitched at youngsters.
Ours is a big church, newish and purpose built, lots of people all ages and plenty of twenties thru thirties age group with events every day and most evenings. The only 'competition' is an elderly SNU cause in a dingy building with filthy curtains so we do well anyway but there is a noticeable media driven effect on numbers attending.
It's a 'Progressive Spiritualist' independent church so there's less dogmatism than old order SNU even though we share the same Principles.

That's frequently the case, Peter. Popular interest in something spurs involvement with the serious aspects of the subject. Most of the newcomers fall by the wayside because they weren't really interested in the first place, but a few remain and become good contributing members,

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 pm

' study Parable of the Sower' Jim
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 pm

KatyKing wrote:' study Parable of the Sower' Jim

That JC boy knew his stuff! Wink

But anyway. . . or as the Cajuns say, ennihow. . . : Is there any news about Lily Dale UK?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Not since we last spoke Jim.
Plenty of interest from those I meet who have read the article in PN. All to the good. Consciousness is being 'raised' as they say.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

KatyKing wrote:Not since we last spoke Jim.
Plenty of interest from those I meet who have read the article in PN. All to the good. Consciousness is being 'raised' as they say.

The seeds have been sown. Some will take root.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Hope so.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 16, 2012 1:08 am

KK Maybe you should borrow the idea from this film and move Lily Dale UK to India

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 16, 2012 3:33 pm

It would be cheaper, but the heat; the dust.
Maybe up in the hills around Valpoi in the Western Ghats. Lovely spot there very moderate climate due to altitude.
Something to think about certainly.
:-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed May 16, 2012 3:53 pm

How about Costa Rica? The exchange rate for pounds, euros and dollars should be terrific!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Sounds good. Property is cheap there too. Then again it is Lily Dale UK.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu May 17, 2012 4:28 pm

KatyKing wrote:Sounds good. Property is cheap there too. Then again it is Lily Dale UK.

Maybe Belize? That could be former-colonial UK (British Honduras). Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Are you trying to get rid of me? Very Happy
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat May 19, 2012 4:16 am

Actually, in Belize you'd practically be my neighbor: relatively speaking!

I understand there's a New Orleans colony there.

Every time I think of Belize I think of the story a man told me about the time his company was operating heavy machinery there, and he told a woman that for her own safety, she had to step back.

She replied: "Don't-chu tell me Nu-teeng: I come from Belize Ceety!"

Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat May 19, 2012 11:17 am

We came across a large American expat community eking out their pensions in Colonia le Baron in Northern Mexico. Their dollars bought much more but it wasn't 'home'. I am eternally grateful that the property price crash in England saved me from Mrs Ks
planned-for-'us' early retirement in Provence.
Nowhere better than an English village this side of the summerland; for me anyway.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next