SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

communication

5 posters

Go down

communication Empty communication

Post by mac Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Placed here as it's not mediumship....

Recently I've read a few accounts about communicating with one's 'higher self' (through meditation for example) and communicating with the spirit of someone still alive in this world. As I'm generally interested in aspects of communication I find such reports intriguing but online dialogue is proving frustratingly difficult.

I'd like to learn more so does anyone on this forum/website have any experience in, or knowledge of, either of the above subjects? Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

mac

Back to top Go down

communication Empty Re: communication

Post by zerdini Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:00 pm

mac wrote:Placed here as it's not mediumship....

Recently I've read a few accounts about communicating with one's 'higher self' (through meditation for example) and communicating with the spirit of someone still alive in this world. As I'm generally interested in aspects of communication I find such reports intriguing but online dialogue is proving frustratingly difficult.

I'd like to learn more so does anyone on this forum/website have any experience in, or knowledge of, either of the above subjects? Would you be willing to answer a few questions?

I don't know whether I could answer any questions, mac, but I do know that both Ernest Oaten and William Stead wrote of their experiences in contacting people still living on earth as well as those who had passed on.

Can't help with contacting the Higher Self through meditation, though.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:43 pm

I have heard about the concept of contacting the higher self Mac, I sometimes wonder if this is involved when you start a psychic reading (not a mediumistic reading) and you suddenly realise you are saying things you have absolutely no idea about and the recipient is accepting them.

Indeed I have been in some meditations where the higher self is seen as a point of white light above and you use this imagery to move upwards to try to lift your levels of consiousness to make better contact with your guides.

Alternatively the risk is what you think you are in touch with is your sub conscious.

As to contact with live people oh yes I have seen it happen, it can be a rel thrower when you describe and prove who you appear to be in contact with and they say they are alive. I have found that generally there is a reason for this.

One day at teh Sunday meeting we were doing a flower demo and I picked teh flower up and got a powerful image of a woman, a long way away who's first language was not English. Described her but said I believe this lady has not passed over. She made it clear that she wanted someone to make contact with her because she was worried about them and I passed this news on. I then asked who's flower it was and it was from a mexican couple. They had been in Adelaide for two months having previously lived with his mother who he recognised from the description. They had not been in touch with her since leaving Mexico and as a result of the message they would ring her that night.

Probably the most startling message coming as it did through a psychometric pick up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:18 am

Admin wrote:I have heard about the concept of contacting the higher self Mac, I sometimes wonder if this is involved when you start a psychic reading (not a mediumistic reading) and you suddenly realise you are saying things you have absolutely no idea about and the recipient is accepting them.

Indeed I have been in some meditations where the higher self is seen as a point of white light above and you use this imagery to move upwards to try to lift your levels of consiousness to make better contact with your guides.

Alternatively the risk is what you think you are in touch with is your sub conscious.

As to contact with live people oh yes I have seen it happen, it can be a rel thrower when you describe and prove who you appear to be in contact with and they say they are alive. I have found that generally there is a reason for this.

One day at teh Sunday meeting we were doing a flower demo and I picked teh flower up and got a powerful image of a woman, a long way away who's first language was not English. Described her but said I believe this lady has not passed over. She made it clear that she wanted someone to make contact with her because she was worried about them and I passed this news on. I then asked who's flower it was and it was from a mexican couple. They had been in Adelaide for two months having previously lived with his mother who he recognised from the description. They had not been in touch with her since leaving Mexico and as a result of the message they would ring her that night.

Probably the most startling message coming as it did through a psychometric pick up.

thanks - I'll get back later on this, Jim. I have a few more pieces to try to get my head around.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:41 pm

yes it's quite possible to communicate with the spirit of someone still physically alive on the earth. There's a circle near Bristol where one of the sitters has a husband with altzeimers. He doesn't sit with the circle but often communicates through the medium at their circle. Other spirit communicators have explained that due to the altzeimers his awareness drifts between the two worlds. Here's a link to the circle's site http://chatting-with-spirit.blogspot.com/
Also some years ago I asked Colin Fry's guide Magnus during a trance evening if it was possible for someone while sleeping to enter a materialization seance in their astral body and materialize in the same way as the discarnate person does and he told me it was perfectly possible but the door keeper would probably not allow it to happen No

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:22 pm

There have been many reports of 'apparitions of the living' recorded. Usually when the person was asleep miles or even continents away.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:18 am

Admin wrote:I have heard about the concept of contacting the higher self Mac, I sometimes wonder if this is involved when you start a psychic reading (not a mediumistic reading) and you suddenly realise you are saying things you have absolutely no idea about and the recipient is accepting them.

I've had a few responses in the several places I ran this thread. The aspect of 'higher self' is seen very differently by those contributing. I'm very puzzled why the matter doesn't get more of an airing if it's as important/real as some suggest.

And single dimensional communication with the spirit of an individual with brain damage, dementia, coma etc. seems to me a potentially invaluable tool for a generation of oldies - like myself! - where protracted communication difficulties from dementia seem inevitable.

As competent evidential mediums are usually in short supply, maybe practitioners (of various sorts) could use their attributes to facilitate a different form of communication - reaching out to such folk as described. Much the same emphasis on identification would be needed but there wouldn't be any aspect of 'the spooks' and death to deal with.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down