SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday

2 posters

Go down

Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday  Empty Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday

Post by Azur Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:33 pm

Music by Reg Darnley and Lynette Frances
Lyrics by Lyn Guest de Swarte
Arranged and produced by Lynette Frances

Once upon a time and rather a long time ago, there was a gifted and spiritual musician. He was often laughed at for his view of the world, which included a deep respect for all life forms especially dolphins that he seemed to place above humans in the greater scheme of things. He lived for his music and giving pleasure to others and although he found a measure of fame in his lifetime, fortune of the material kind constantly eluded him and he died in obscurity, virtually penniless.His funeral was attended by half a dozen people - two of whom related how he had helped them, taking one from the streets and giving them a home, and the other, a fellow musician who'd fallen on hard times, felt his life had been saved by him.The music played at his funeral were his favourites:Ave Maria and Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring.His favourite secular ballad was 'My Way' which he would not have wanted included...

Well, the musician had a niece of whom he was inordinately fond and who he'd taught to read music, sing and play basic piano His niece also shared his interest in the occult in her formative years before eventually treading her own spiritual pathway. One day, when her uncle was retired and only played for his own and his neighbours' pleasure, the now very grown-up niece decided to visit with a tape machine to record the discs made by the BBC of her uncle's radio broadcasts in the 1950's.The 40's and 50's were the zenith of his career - he was widely known as the 'Harmonica Virtuoso'. Always a kind and charitable man, he often played for charity such as 'A Night With The Stars' at the London Palladium in aid of HMS Truculent families and survivors of the disaster.

Neither of them knew anything about recording machinery but the vinyl records played and then conversation ensued. Her uncle then said he would play something of his own composition for her. He played it through and they then resolved it would be nice to record that too. After he ran it through,they thought they were turning the machine on! They turned it off!

The niece took the tape and tape recorder home with her and promptly forgot about it...

One day many years later, after she'd attended her uncle's funeral, the musician's niece was sorting out her tape collection - and came across that forgotten tape. She sat down to listen to it. Expecting to hear the BBC records replayed and a couple of old pop songs she'd requested after she'd told her uncle all about a spirit message she'd received at the Spiritualist church she'd been attending that mentioned said songs, she was astounded to hear the whole of that afternoon's sociable chat - and the impromptu composition her uncle had played for her.

Sitting there amazed,she heard him say"You remember my 'Happy Easter' song? Now you could write a 'Happy Christmas' song.for me!" His niece had become a famous medium since that memorable day in her uncle's home - and she'd been the Spiritualist Minister who'd conducted his funeral service.

His niece wrote the song, giving solid expression to the idea,and then asked her friend who was a talented musician and singer to help with the machinery side of things - and for her creative singing and playing input too in that expression. The equipment her friend was setting up to do just that went haywire! Having become very aware of the presence of that other, heavenly musician hovering around her, in exasperation she said out loud,"Come on Reg, I know you're here, I'm trying my best to do this, so please cut me some slack here". The machinery started working again perfectly straight away!

As her uncle used to say as he introduced his performances on stage:"Ladies and gentlemen, I hope that you enjoy this next number.that I am going to play for you,which is entitled"- and here he would announce the piece. So of course today:he would say at that point, ,"'Help us make it happy Christmas every day'.Thank you".

You will hear his voice at the beginning of the song, after the glorious and triumphant peal of church bells...Mr Reg Darnley accompanying guitarist, Ms Lynette Frances playing and singing words by Reverend Lyn Guest de Swarte

The above is featured on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7gmziPcvoA&feature=share

Azur

Back to top Go down

Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday  Empty Re: Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday

Post by zerdini Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Lyn Guest de Swarte is a former editor of "Psychic News".

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday  Empty Re: Help Us Make It Happy Christmas Everyday

Post by Azur Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:27 pm

zerdini wrote:Lyn Guest de Swarte is a former editor of "Psychic News".

I know Z Smile

I wonder if Jock will have something to say about that Rolling Eyes Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:Lyn Guest de Swarte is a former editor of "Psychic News".

I know Z Smile

I wonder if Jock will have something to say about that Rolling Eyes Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down