SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric

+3
Quiet
zerdini
Left Behind
7 posters

Go down

Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric Empty Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric

Post by Left Behind Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:18 am

Just started reading it yesterday. Fantastic book! What do you think of it?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric Empty Re: Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric

Post by zerdini Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 am

Left Behind wrote:Just started reading it yesterday. Fantastic book! What do you think of it?

Jim

It is the book that introduced me to Spiritualism - that plus "This is Spiritualism" by Maurice Barbanell.

Considering it was written in the 1930's it is still as helpful to newcomers as it was then.

Enjoy, Jim. Very Happy

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric Empty Re: Arthur Findlay's On the Edge of the Etheric

Post by Left Behind Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:53 pm

This Is Spiritualism was my first book read on the subject, and Findlay's book the second: except that I did read the first two World Unseen books by Benson / Borgia before I read the Barbanell book.

It's amazing that modern science is now catching up on ideas that Spiritualists held 80 years ago: and in some cases, that Hindus held thousands of years ago.

We religious types are not so unenlightened, after all. Wink

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:20 pm

I found Edge of the Etheric fascinating. The individual characters made me wonder whether much changes when we pass, at least in the beginning Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Quiet wrote:I found Edge of the Etheric fascinating. The individual characters made me wonder whether much changes when we pass, at least in the beginning Smile

We are the same one minute after we pass as we were one minute before we passed. Smile

There is a lot of adjustment to take place and most of it is very slow depending on the life we lived on earth.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm

I suppose just like our changes on Earth tend to be slow.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:50 am

obiwan wrote:I suppose just like our changes on Earth tend to be slow.

Exactly.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:09 pm

I 'think I have this in Word Doc on my PC somewhere. Does anyone know if an audio version was released (I've developed a love of listening to audio books Wink ) ?
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:I 'think I have this in Word Doc on my PC somewhere. Does anyone know if an audio version was released (I've developed a love of listening to audio books Wink ) ?

Not to my knowledge, Leslie.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronfieldman Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 pm

I also have read On the Edge of the Etheric, although the first book I ever read on Spiritualism was another of Findlay's books, i.e. The Rock of Truth.   It goes into a detailed comparison of the Christian and Spiritualist religions and led to me further investigating Spiritualism, resulting in me changing religion (38 years ago).   There is some overlap between the two books, regarding the mediumship of John Sloane, and one or two contradictions in the details of séances.   However, both books are superb.   The Rock of Truth[i][i] makes it clear how you can have a religion that is free of the irrational aspects of Christianity.

Dronfieldman

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 16, 2022 1:09 am

Finally a reply on this Dronfieldman. Rock of Truth was a vital book and one that took many Spiritualists away from a Christian View. Certainly we have two highly annotated copies from past leaders of the centre I run. Bought from a second hand store before we wever went to the centre as an act of rescue. Thes reaffirmed the vision of one leader and caused the other to de register from the Greater World Christian Spiritualists.

The importnance of Findlay's work, as effectively, the last great series of Philosophical Works on Spiritualism, cannot be undersetmated but he was still taking a more planetcentric, human, than universal position.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down