SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic News assets for sale

5 posters

Go down

Psychic News assets for sale Empty Psychic News assets for sale

Post by publiceye Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

I recived an email Last night at 21.50, to say that the assets of Psychic press 1995 will be for sale The Deadline for reponses is 4pm on friday 25th March 2011. offers of over £150,000. I and other intrested partys have been unable to contact the Liquidators to get a full picture of what is actualy for sale, as she seems to have not come in yet all morning then went strait to lunch.
The Email States that Quote An indefinite licence to publish the paper and to hold and
use the archives. UnQuote.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Psychic News assets for sale Empty Re: Psychic News assets for sale

Post by mac Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

movement at last?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:42 am

Thanks Public Eye, if your information is correct (I am sure you have been close enough to be accurate) then they are after an awful lot of money for what they are offering.

I am concerned of this of an indefinite licence. If the assets are up for sale then they belong to the buyer, indeed to be up for sale thay must have always belonged to Psychic Press 1995 Ltd. What is clear is that the SNU would not sell these assets if they were the owner, they made that clear back in August last year so who or what is the licence coming from.

This of a "licence" sounds like a way to make the dishonourable NEC sound better about making their, now transparently incorrect, statement that the "owned them". I suspect we see some weasel words from their self appointed liquidator to create some spin. This gives them a strange chance to say, we own them but out of the kindness of our hearts we will give a licence to a buyer to recover Creditors money (of which they are likely to receive a fair chunk as a major creditor). Then if the buyer falls over the assets go back to the SNU.

Utter bosh from the look of it, as I would expect any intelligent thinking person will probably realise. Had the assets actually belonged to the SNU they would have kept them and told everyone to go away. They have made that very clear at all stages in this terribly sad and sorry saga

In that case the liquidation would be over now in a totally insolvent way with only the Liquidator getting paid out.

Well thats my take on it based upon events to date.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:53 am

And so, the stench surrounding the SNU intensifies and extends itself.
Perhaps an appropriate name change/ correction is now due:
The Materialists Union.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:36 pm

The liqidator owns the company, but because the newspaper went into liquidation five months after they stopped printing it and the fact that they anounced on the SNU web site that they were not liqudating the company, but keeping it for the sale of the books. Coppled with this I started my company before they liquidated their company and their company liquidated at a later date after they had stoped using the name. They have no rights to that name, Good will can only be estabished if a comany is trading with the name at the time of liquidation, as soon as a company stops trading then good will can not be estabilsed and that is the UK law.
I taked to the liqidator yesterday and I pointed that out to her, I also told her that I have taken legal advice about people trading using the name that I own. She told me that the only asets that are for sale are the arcives not the name. I pointed out to her that her add said the liecence to use the name Psychic News, she said that this was going to be changed. I also pointed out that arcives for any British newspaper are held at the British libary and they can be accesed by anyone. The company is for sale, but their is nothing to sell.
I have taken legal advice from lawyers who specialize in Intelectual property and company names and I have been adviced that even if someone uses my name without my permmision them the assets of anything used in the prosses will be taken by the court and they will have to pay a hefty fine.
I have been told that the SNU are willing to go into a jiont venture to get the paper back out and that it is the other two partys that will not work with them. The SNU opposed my trade make and are now open to pay the leagal costs, for that as you can only oppose a mark if you are the legal owner which has now been clearly estabished that they are not.
I think it was all a plan to not pay the creditors and still have the paper, this is because, why try to trade mark a name at the same time place on their web site that they will not be bringing the paper back out. If I had not applyed for the trade mark first they would have been able to do this.
I now have two papers online under my company Psychic News LTD and the both paper will go to print as soon as all the legal issues are finalised.
Someone made a coment that they seam to know what they were doing on an earlyer post. I think that buy the end of all this people will see just how thick some people really are. I have paid for experts to sort this when it could have all been sorted if people would just talk to each other insted of ignoring them, but at the end of the day they have to listen and pay the price of their actions. I ask all the people involved in this situation to sit down and talk, I am sure that everyone just wants a newspaper that they can have a vioce out their. I have been given backing form my local council to publish my papers and I am now considering putting this paper my self, just to get it out their.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:13 pm

"I have paid for experts to sort this when it could have all been sorted if people would just talk to each other insted of ignoring them, but at the end of the day they have to listen and pay the price of their actions."

The frustrating aspect is, though, that the individuals responsible probably won't pay for anything. Costs will be met from the SNU as an organisation.

Those who deserve to be censured for their intransigence will likely continue in the roles they've had all along.

From what we're reading, and have seen from the beginning, they deserve to be kicked out

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:53 am

publiceye wrote:
I taked to the liqidator yesterday and I pointed that out to her, I also told her that I have taken legal advice about people trading using the name that I own. She told me that the only asets that are for sale are the arcives not the name. I pointed out to her that her add said the liecence to use the name Psychic News, she said that this was going to be changed. I also pointed out that arcives for any British newspaper are held at the British libary and they can be accesed by anyone.
I have been told that the SNU are willing to go into a jiont venture to get the paper back out and that it is the other two partys that will not work with them.

What a muddled web, your comment about her having to change the ad because she cannot sell the title Psychic News is interesting. It seems that having said she would talk to you earlier she failed to and has left the whole thing in a worse state. I do believe that if Psychic Press 1995 was resurrected and began to produce the paper again its existing rights to the name, established over so many years, would be a sufficient defence for them. However I have always wondered about the right to transfer the name elsewhere which would cause conflict with your company and name registrations.

The point about a joint venture is laughable, why would anyone else join in a joint venture. Presumably the idea was to pay out all the debts which would mean if the SNU contributed they would get all that back and a bonus as their debt was paid out. What a cunning idea of theirs but after their appalling behaviour on all this and the stunts they have pulled why would anybody go into a partnership with them. Clearly this was just another cunning plan concocted between the NEC and their appointed liquidator.

Indeed it was not just the cost of paying out the creditors but can you really imagine the SNU shelling out their proportion of the expense involved in relaunching Psychic News, Losses, Advertising, Wages etc., until it reached break even. As an experienced senior Finance Manager I would be surprised if you had any change left out of 150,000 ponds to do that part.

The NEC reminds me of the monkey with its hand stuck in the cookie jar. In this case it is to hold onto the masthead and archives. They have kept going on and on thus causing more harm to others as well as damaging the SNU's reputation. Scarily. although this is a creditors liquidation, it appears they have had the help of the two firms of liquidators who they appointed to come up with new ideas one also presumes that the Committee of Inspection is unable to have any impact or is being ignored. Surely someone should have told them long ago to let go of these things and move on.

I think it was all a plan to not pay the creditors and still have the paper, this is because, why try to trade mark a name at the same time place on their web site that they will not be bringing the paper back out. If I had not applyed for the trade mark first they would have been able to do this.

Well had not the whistle been blown on here, which lit some sort of a fire, it is clear to me PP1995 would have been liquidated prior to the SNU convention in Blackpool. Yes publiceye you state a very important point...Had the SNU owned the masthead they would not have tried to register a trade mark. Had they done so they would have just let the creditors go I suspect. In honesty publiceye it appears your action may lead to some monies paid out as a bonus to stopping another cunning plan of theirs.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 am

The invite to buy the comany also states that Quote: A percentage interest ( of up to 100%) in a charitable company owning the rights to be licensed as above. unquote.
This looks like another cunning plan, as if the newspaper was a charitable company then any owner that is a charitable organisation would be able to fun the running of it without having to explain to the charitys commisioner why they are investing all their members money it.
I asked the liquidator why the asets were for sale as a charitable comany, when this was not the case of the liquidated comany and her only responce was, it dose not have to be. So why was that statment in their? I will leve people to come to their own conclusion of that one.
It seams to me if a rule can't be got round then lets change the rule. A charity can not fund a buisness that is running at a loss, but it can fun a charity that is not making aprofit.
Something to think about.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 am

Thanks publiceye if a liquidator is being paid by the NEC one wonders how justice can be done for the creditors. Especially when the NEC/SNU have proven to be so careless of their spiritual and ethical behaviour.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:55 pm

Hmm publiceye, given the latest news we have, about the ownership of Masthead and Archives, I have been thinking about your comment about the masthead. Are you sure that she is not now advertising and selling the masthead?

It does appear to me that the Liquidator can sell the masthead Psychic News to a willing purchasor given they were assets that (Psychic Press 1995) acquired them from the STF. Indeed it may be in the best interests of the Creditors that she does. Obviously Psychic Press 1995 itself would always have the right to use that name, on a historical basis, if it was revived and took Psychic News back into print.

I actually think a bigger question, you might like to pose to her, is why she would not or would not advertise it for sale. In the end, when you look at it, it is the buyers decision whether they can print or not and your decision whether you will, or can, oppose the use of the Masthead. That may influence the price paid but not the ability to sell the asset so she really should be proceeding with the sale.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:27 am

The reason that the name psychic news is not part of the asets is because, when the company went into liquidation the paper was no longer part of the company. Had the liquidation taken place while the company was in business with the paper, then it would be an aset of the comany, but the SNU had put up on their web site while the company was still trading, to sell books ( this I have a copy of), but that they would not be bringing back out the paper. This was probably the plan to discreadit the paper name as an aset of the company while they pushed through the trade mark, with out any objections because a new company would be using the name, without the good will of the old company, This can happen a lot in small buisness. Good will can only be claimed if the company is trading under that name at the point of it going to liquidation. If another company is using the name after a company stops trading in it, then the goodwill is with the company who is trading in the name at the point of the liquidation. This I feel was known at the point of the paper going out of print and probibly the reason that they took so long to go to liquidation, thus giving them time to trade mark the name while psychic press 1995 ltd were not trading in that name. Unfortunatly I got in first before they managed to trade mark and my company had formed and was trading before the liquidation. If the company went into liquidation at the time of the paper closing and they had not anounced that it would continue trading as a company then the name would belong to psychic press 1995 as an aset. If the Snu had managed to trade mark the name before the liquidation then they would have been able to claim the good will. as a newly formed company who were trading under a name that the old comany had stopped trading under.
I have took extensive legal advice on this, and I have conculted the top experts in intelectual property law and company law. I have also informed companys house of this and they will take the case up if the name is sold, as when I registerd my company no one was trading in the name and I have the proof that the company who were trading in it in the past had not plan to use it as an asset, as they anounced that their company was not going into liquidation, but would continue as a company to sell books. as my company was trading for 3 months before psychic press went to liquidation under the name of psychic news ltd with no objections and a statment from them to say they were not using the name. then good will of that name belongs to my company psychic news ltd.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 am

Amazingly complicated for the layperson, well for this one.....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 am

Thier is no one out their who wants to see that paper back in print as a Spiritualist newspaer more than me, but I will not stand back and watch it fall into the hands of a group who only want to distroy Spiritualism. If only people would sit down and talk then they may be able to see that I am not the enemy. I have done everything to get this paper back out, with out any Support and I have had endless coments about why I did this. well I think one thing I have learned from this is that people would rather jump to the wrong conculusion about someone, rather than ask questions. Not everyone in this world has a hiden agenda. I have giving up on Spiritualism, not on Spirit just the Spiritualist movement because it is not a movement that I want to be party to. I am ashamed to think that I have been envolved in a practice that is so underhand and only willing to listen to one side of a story. The truth will come out one day.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:00 am

I am very glad you got in before they trade marked it I am absolutely sure that they would then have pulled things off without a hitch. It was noticeable they did this in the hiatus between sacking the first liquidator, who I feel sure pointed out the assets belonged to the company pp(1995) and the appointment of the second Liquidator.

By doing what you did it forced them through the last few months wher the NEC can see their cunning plans failing (well hopefully failing they are full of cunning plans, which of them is Blackadder and which Baldrick)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:08 am

If a charity organisaton buys a trade mark and it is not a company for profit then it could put the charitys money into that trade without any questions from the charity commision,,,,,,,,,, something for you to think about.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:10 am

"If only people would sit down and talk then they may be able to see that I am not the enemy."

I don't understand who they might be or why they might feel that..... I'm feeling very hostile towards the SNU as a body and yet it's a certain few who have done what they have. They may believe they represent the public face and spirit of the Modern Spiritualism movement (what little there is left of it) but they will be judged by their actions and their omissions.

Things don't look good to me.... I'd HATE to be one of 'em.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:45 am

Do you think I would be on your web sit posting if I included you in what I feel. I just know something that none of the spiritualist organisations don't know about this hole situation and if they did I am sure that it would all change, you see this title was going to be bought by a group of people who have an international campain to distroy Spiritualism and I only found out about it by a very brife change, I don't want to make it public, because I only have hearsay that it was the case. the person who told me what was going on would have a lot to lose if this came out. so it will go to the grave with me, then maybe then I will have a clue why a lot of people claim to be spiritual when in fact they are only after power. I have an unhealthy passion to see people being treated fair in this world and I now think that I am going to start thinking of myself. Three years ago I was in london fighting for peoples rights, at the same time these people who's rights I was fighting for were trying to make up slander about me , because they wanted control of an organisation that I founded that would not be a control oragnisation. I got back to find that a group of people wanted me out of the picture, because they wanted to make this organisation a control group and I would let that happen over my dead body. this has happend with two other groups since. Up to now none of these people have being sussesful in their plans, but I am tierd of battels with the people that I try to help, just because they feel they need power. I have met some wonderful people in this movment, but they are all on the recieving end of this power strugle. I have traveld the world with my work as a medium and the story is the same. just diffirent caricktors and locations. If only people could see that to bring Spiritualism to a great hight then they have to work together and understand that no two people are the same, I run a fantastic group in my home town and we are all very diffirent with diffirent ways of thinking, but we have one thing in common we all respect that diffirent is not nesaray wrong, just diffirent. we have no chifes we are all very important links to a hole group.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 am

I didn't express myself properly.

What I couldn't see was who it is who would dislike you for what you've done OTHER THAN those who you are preventing getting their own selfish ways....

Anyone who cares about the movement - and I DO despite feeling it has run its intended course - would despise those responsible for what's happened to PN and its staff. I hope this next bit comes over clearly - I'm a staunch Modern Spiritualist and have promoted the whole philosophy extensively over the Web in as many places as I've been able to find. I have no other talent - I do what I can.

I wasn't doubting your sincerity if that's what you're feeling. I'm struggling to understand the ramifications of the legal situation and I'm pretty confident that I still don't understand despite the lengthy explanations and comments from yourself, Jim and Lis. I'm just too thick to properly understand....

I haven't read PN in a long time but I cut my teeth on it when I first learned about 'the spooks' and earnestly believe that others deserve that same privilege.

Those who have laid low the newspaper and its staff deserve nothing but opprobrium.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:14 am

Thanks publiceye
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:24 am

[quote="publiceye :- Not everyone in this world has a hiden agenda. I have giving up on Spiritualism, not on Spirit just the Spiritualist movement because it is not a movement that I want to be party to. I am ashamed to think that I have been envolved in a practice that is so underhand [/quote]

I would agree entirely with your observations. I have watched the slide into mediocrity with growing dismay. Perhaps it stems from educational dumbing down - in preparation for the effects of the industrial tsunami already in motion - or simply a concommitant return to materialist thinking.

The focus is firmly on the outer person - appearances matter most, as opposed to formerly when soul qualities were the focus.

However, change is the Natural Order and if a reborn Psychic News can survive the wilderness years, it will have the support of the Shining Ones whom Silver Birch alluded too.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm

I have been informed by the Liquidatior that they have recived an offer for Psychic Press 1995 ltd I sent in a request on friday asking what the assets were and I recived no reply I also asked about the domain name and the books that were for sale after the liquidation and on a web site. I will forward this information to Tading standards and The law society over the next few days. I have spoken to Companys house and yet again they have reasured me that no one can use or sell the name Psychic news. It seems that a company can lose its assets and no one questions it when in liquidation in the uk. I have been adviced to forward the proof that this company was trading while in liquidation to Companys house. By the way is anyone intrested in where these books went to that where supposed to be the assets of Psychic Press1995 before it went into liquidation. Or the old name of this company Priest gate servicing 116. how many more companys will this uncover. As the liqidator seems to come into work at 2pm and go strait to lunch I feel that I must wait to see if anyone tryes to use the name, if so then I she has made sure she is protected with the disclaimer at the bottom of the add that was sent out. I wish you all luck in the future but I somehow think that the person who bought this is SNU, the good thing is that they can not use the name Psychic news.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:44 pm

Publiceye thanks for your info but why do you think the offerer is SNU?

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by publiceye Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Mainly because the liquidator said that SNU are still willing to work on the joint venture. I may be wrong, but time will tell. I know of other partys that intended putting in an offer. and if they have been successful then maybe this would be a good thing. the paper could be back out very soon. I hope I am wrong, but I don't think they would give up. I think that companys house will be looking into the fact that all the assets were not included in the sale, and Trading standards will be looking into the fact that this company was trading when it was in liquidation.
My name is protected so any sale of assets will not effect me. but like everyone else I want to see that paper back out their. I tryed to contact SNU today for their side of the story as I am running it in my paper, but they refused to coment.

publiceye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down