SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Eldred - Melbourne

+13
obiwan
Ebs
Shelley
mac
hiorta
my-journey
Krya
jzwarycz
emorie
Quiet
Lis
Admin
richard
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 2 Empty Re: George Eldred - Melbourne

Post by Admin Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:42 am

It is a sad story Mac, very sad especially to Lis who started her journey to mediumship in George Eldred's circle at the VSU.

We have been watching from over the border as there we have several friends over there. Lis is back over in Victoria next year as one of the Australian Tutors at the Tony Stockwell Stand up for Spirit week.

With people being excluded its more sad bvecause the VSU have (or had) one of the best libraries for Spiritualists in Oz.

Michael Cartwright was also a great friend of ours a lovely man who's visits to Adelaide were much enjoyed. A good, well trained, medium and dedicated Spiritualist.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 2 Empty George Eldred funeral

Post by Shelley Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Dear Emorie and all

One of my dear friends, Len Hudson who has now passed to spirit himself, mentioned to me years back that he officiated George's funeral. As I was fairly young at the time it could be that I misunderstood but I do believe the Mr Len Hudson officiated George Eldred's funeral - but his son-in-law may be able to better confirm this for you, whose email address has been provided by Jim in this post string above.

Len and his wife Bev were very close and good friends of the Eldred family and they themselves ran a Spiritualist church in Melbourne for many years before it closed a few years back due to Len's failing health. George had married both he and Bev in Melbourne many years prior is my recollection Smile

I hope this has been of some assistance!

Shelley

Shelley

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for that Shelley its good to see a grouping from Melbourne on teh forum too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:31 am

Hi everyone,
I am unfortunately too young (30) to know many of the lovely Spiritualists you mention in this thread but as an Australian Spiritualists it's heart warming to find kindred folk who respect Spiritualism and care about Spiritualisms history and future.
Nice to be able to connect with you all in this way.
Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:07 am

It's heartening that there are young Spiritualists around. The level of interest on my regular 'spooks' forums is dreadfully low and has been for much of this year. The interest expressed in Spiritualism specifically is at an even lower level.

But if the oft-promised spiritual something-or-other 'just around the corner' ever materialises, it looks pretty unlikely that Modern Spiritualism will figure in it...

mac

Back to top Go down

George Eldred - Melbourne - Page 2 Empty Don't give up

Post by Ebs Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am

Well, I am here to ask you not to lose the faith in the grand plan...

I know it seems bleak but there are those of us out there who uphold and believe deeply in the Principles of Spiritualism and have given up well paid jobs to devote the better part of our twenties to Spiritualism, it's unfoldment and development.
I have to say I am glad I have reached 30 because now I am treated as an adult. Sadly throughout my late teen years and early adult life as a deep thinker, developing Medium and avid Spiritualist I was not taken seriously in my pursuits to do my bit for Spiritualism. (E.g, What could a 19 year old possibly want with helping our church?! We cannot allow her to participate in our long distance program, she lives too far away to be a member setc etc etc)
Youth no doubt has it weaknesses but it also has it's strengths - at least that is what I tried to express to two Spiritualist Associations who were not keen to take me under their wing. In order for Spiritualism to flourish we need to foster the development of young Mediums and Spiritualists who show sincere dedication and promise. These days I am considered an old fashioned 30 year old as I believe in the old ways from well before my time. I believe that those of us out there of this mind can connect with the younger generation and can present Spiritualism true to it's way and still engage younger generations.

In the past 12 months after undergoing training I have had the great pleasure of becoming Reverend Elect at one local Church and given the chance to be Chair person at another. I am also Guest Medium at other Churches. (And when I say Medium...that is what I mean! Being an instrument for the spirit world to utilise to make communication possible between the spirit world and the physical world ... not working Psychically with tools like Tarot etc and when I address...The address is indeed given regarding the tpoic of Spirituailsm...not what I ate for lunch that day...Giggle...)
There is no glory in this for me, just sheer joy in being able to propel Spiritualism forward in the name of service in my own small way. Every raindrop creates a ripple in the stream....

I currently operate a Spiritual Development Centre where Spiritualist components features in the Development Circles taught but it is my sincerest wish in the forthcoming years to open a Spirituliast Church of my own and let the good work of Spirit be done. If I achieve nothing else in my remaining years but this, I will greet the Great Spirit with a full and joyous heart. Many students in their 20's after attending Development Circles at our Centre and learning about Spiritualism as part of their course have indeed joined the congregation at their local Churches. This warms my heart. They were not ignorant to Spiritualism - they quite simply never knew of it.

We musn't give up now. We've come too far to give up on Spiritualism now.
Don't give up on us young ones out there. We certainly haven't given up on Spiritualism Smile I promise you.
A great teacher of mine once said "As long as there are those of us who value the Principles of Spiritualism in our hearts - Spiritualism will live on.".

It was Gordon Higginson who said that Spiritualism is/must be progressive. I for one believe he was right.

Love and Light new friends and well done on having a forum such as this to link Spiritualists together Smile United we stand.
Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Well good for you!

It's great to hear you speaking so positively after so many challenges. I do hope that your wishes all come to fruition and that I'm still on this side of the divide to hear about 'em! And with a sound-enough memory to recall what we're discussing now....

I like that you're traditional in your outlook despite your tender years. It may look old-fashioned to some but for me that's just Spiritualism in action. Plain vanilla mediumship and teaching.

I'm not spiritually gifted and do what I can via online forums where I present Spiritualism's teaching and ideas to the best of my small ability. Only this morning I have been explaining to trans-Atlantic members elsewhere what our mediumship actually means compared with what's often portrayed as, or believed to be, mediumship. Hard enough for this dumbo but I do what I can.....

I often say that I think Modern Spiritualism has run its intended course and something will eventually replace it.

I also say I'd love to find I'm wrong. There's ya challenge! Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:03 pm

Haha. I like your energy Mac!

Vanilla Mediumship - Love that. So true.

Service comes in many forms and having forums online is one way to reach many many people and we live in the technological age so this is perhaps one of the greatest things one could do to spread the word and ignite sparks in the minds of man.

What's that old saying? Nobody said that it would be easy - they just said it would be worth it! Smile

Oh...and Challenge accepted by the way Wink

I come from a family of Politicians so I like to think I can tackle a good challenge. Haha.

Have a great week everyone Smile

Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Well said Ebs, its also good to hear that coming from someone else in Australia.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:17 pm

There's a grand plan?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:21 am

Hi Ebs, how do you deal with people in your groups that want to bring angels, fairies, ascended masters and so on into spiritualism? Up here in Queensland, far too many churches make no disctinction between the former and the latter.

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:55 am

Obi Wan - grand plan ... Meaning big picture ... The overall effect that Spiritualism and true Mediumship have upon the hearts of man and the good work done for Spirit. That is all I mean by grand plan.
Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:18 am

Wes - I head your cry!! Lol.
It's certainly not easy. It's my pet peeve to attend a church and see the guest perform everything BUT Mediumship. It makes me cry to sit through an entire service and not see one attempt made to communicate with the friends and loved ones of those present and see gibberish proclaimed in the name of Spiritualism.
I never condemn anyone for their beliefs. I simply offer my belief of Spiritualism and I try to educate every single person I meet through my readings and work about what Mediumship really is and what role it plays in Spiritualism etc
I think the best way we can serve Spirit is to lead by example. The public know true Mediumship when they see it.
At one church here in Sydney a medium friend of mine was on platform and a member of the congregation said to him afterward - we have been coming here for 12 months and that's the first time anyone has demonstrated proper Mediumship... That's very sad isn't it... Sad
The Churches have a responsibilty to ensure quality mediumship is presented.
The bar needs raising and it's up to those of us who know the difference to get involved and lead by example.
I was recently asked on my Facebook page which is filled with people in the "psychic industry" here in NSW - what did Spiritualism mean to them. At least 50 said stuff like candles, tarot cards, and living a happy life. The sad part was the ones who answered this are "Professional Mediums" who demonstrate at local churches. Only 3 or 4 mentioned a belief in the 7 principles ... A belief in the continuation of the soul after the physical death etc etc

The only thing we can do is to acknowledge every has a right to interpret things as they believe but as traditional Spiritualists clearly pronounce and demonstrate what spiritualism actually is in and discuss it at every chance e.g book readings, addresses, newsletters etc through the church. Be the change we want to see in the world Smile

Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 am

Sorry for all the errors in my posts - answered via a tiny phone keyboard while in a rush without checking it...
Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 am

I'm not confident that folk really do always recognise mediumship....

Some will but others without much exposure to, or understanding of, it may not. I'm forever banging on online - or rather I used to - about what a medium vs. a psychic vs. a channeller vs. a sensitive actually means. And don't get me going about Spiritualism being the same as spirituality!

I've fallen out with too many individuals who have harangued me for weeks at a time when I say that Spiritualism (even Spiritualists don't always use the capital 'S' Sad ) isn't spirituality, isn't spiritualism, isn't psychism, isn't channelling et al....

Maybe online forum members are not representative of the public at large but if they are there's a lot of work to be done in the Modern Spiritualism camp to restore it to its former status.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebs Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Hang in there Mac. Keep shining light where there is none.
Ebs
Ebs

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 pm

Ebs wrote:Hang in there Mac. Keep shining light where there is none.

I am still trying even though my light gets pretty dim at times... Crying or Very sad

Do you know that on many so-called spiritual forums I'm the only one there who's a Modern Spiritualist? I'm astounded at how few are online or maybe they're unprepared to make their presence known. Even our two Spiritualist websites have few active members.

I wonder what it's saying when forum boards are bristling with the most nonsensical drivel put about as spiritual information and knowledge yet the simple message of continuing life rarely gets heard?

I also wonder what underpins the so-called spiritual stuff that folk believe?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Well Mac you know on this forum we are and we push the same discipline Ebs talks about here in Adelaide. Its good to see someone else is out there.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:10 am

Admin wrote:Well Mac you know on this forum we are and we push the same discipline Ebs talks about here in Adelaide. Its good to see someone else is out there.

Jim

Yes I know how active you and Lis are and it is good to find others spreading the traditional Spiritualism message. Smile

I ought to do more myself. Crying or Very sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:16 am

Mac sometimes its great sometimes its like King Canute trying to turn back the tide
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:34 am

Admin wrote:Mac sometimes its great sometimes its like King Canute trying to turn back the tide

I understand.

The little I do is occasionally uplifting and rewarding but often just a pain in the a@@e with little evidence of accomplishment. Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Esoteric College of Aust Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:40 am

Hello everyone,
I would like to start by thanking Richard for starting this post a number of years ago.
My name is David, I am 27 years of age and have grown up around The Late Most Eminent Reverend George Eldred, his daughter Monya, Reverend George Dolezal and most importantly my Grandmother and Grandfather, I could not have wished for better influence and team of teachers of Spiritual Philosophy!
Many of my friends & more especially myself have been drawn to their teachings. I've had the fortune of obtaining a significant understanding and comprehension through attending Monya and Reverend George Dolezal's church (the Church of the Seven Principles - http://a.pgtb.me/gfw6F1) and watching/ listening to DVD's and CD's of Reverend George Eldred during his deep trance lectures.
Having been so drawn to Reverend George Eldred's life work and devotion to the Philosophy of Spiritualism I have chosen to take if upon myself to relaunch his educational collection through the new means of communication and technology available to our societies today.
In doing his I will be devoted to achieve a greater audience for Reverend George Eldred's messages and his many hundreds of lectures direct from his typewriter, film and voice recordings.
It would be the most upsetting loss to see this wealth of Spiritual Philosophy knowledge disappear when so much love, passion and effort has been placed into the collection of these truths.
This is where I would like to reach out to all those who have known, worked with, admired, been inspired by or have learnt from Reverend George Eldred to seek assistance in spreading his messages and teachings of Spiritual lectures.
A website and Facebook page has been created, with a Newsletter underway to bring George's dream back to life and spark the discussion he always found a deep passion in facilitating.
Please assist by sharing the Newsletter link http://eepurl.com/CHgFj
I believe the work and informative provided will speak for itself.

Thank you kindly,
Dave

Ps message/email me directly for ANY further details you wish to know.

Esoteric College of Aust

Back to top Go down

Post by alvittos Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 am

I used to live on the Mornington Penninsula. I know Joan and have contacted her. I also know Joyce Hunter well, as she was my teacher and sat in my class. I only met George once, but he did do my spiritual name but could not do the service as he was unwell at the time, so the VP did it but I can't remember his name. Can anyone let me know. Thanks,

alvittos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Esoteric College of Aust wrote:Hello everyone,
I would like to start by thanking Richard for starting this post a number of years ago.
My name is David, I am 27 years of age and ...........sletter underway to bring George's dream back to life and spark the discussion he always found a deep passion in facilitating.
Please assist by sharing the Newsletter link http://eepurl.com/CHgFj
I believe the work and informative provided will speak for itself.

Thank you kindly,
Dave

Ps message/email me directly for ANY further details you wish to know.

I subscribed for the Newsletter only to find it being delivered through my wife's Facebook account, something I didn't want and something she probably wouldn't want either! I couldn't find a way to change that delivery, don't subscribe to Facebook myself (yes there are such people!) but I am interested in receiving the Newsletter - is that possible?

mac

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:47 pm

Krya wrote:Hi Richard,
I used to live on the Mornington Penninsula. I know Joan and have contacted her. I also know Joyce Hunter well, as she was my teacher and sat in my class. I only met George once, but he did do my spiritual name but could not do the service as he was unwell at the time, so the VP did it but I can't remember his name. Can anyone let me know. Thanks, Krya

This post from 2012 looks remarkably like the one posted by Alvittos yesterday..
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next