SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini

+2
mac
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini Empty Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini

Post by Admin Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:58 am

I have just been notified by Jo Bradley of the death of George on the 22nd November 2016, which is confirmed on his blog site Zerdini's World http://zerdinisworld.com/?page_id=2 . George was a past member of this forum who contributed much from his vast compendium of information about Physical mediumship. I am sure he will be enjoying the next stage of his journey in the Spirit Realms.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini Empty Re: Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini

Post by mac Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:28 pm

I'll miss George's encyclopaedic knowledge, something I was able to tap into from time to time. Sad

I do hope he's enjoying being 'back home'.

mac

Back to top Go down

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini Empty Re: Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini

Post by Slatewriter Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Such a shame - I was looking forward to speaking with Mr Cranley at some point in time. Am sure he's free and learning lots in his new abode. The family should be reassured that he is happy and in good company.

By the way, does anyone here know anything about George's views on the mediumship of Rita Goold? He seemed to have nothing to say about her on his website.

Thanks

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 pm

I wrote to Tony Ortzen, editor of Two World's, about George's passing because I knew they were both close friends and George was chairman of Two World's. He wote back and said I was free to use any of the materail material about George which he was publsihing in the January 2017 edition as a memoriamto George.

Chairman passes to the Spirit World

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini George10

Well-known Spiritualist George Cranley, the chairman
of the Two Worlds Publishing Company Ltd for many years, has
passed to the spirit realms aged 79.
His wife Elisabeth told “Two Worlds” it was “a very peaceful passing.
It was just as though he was asleep and then simply stopped breathing.
“George was in a hospice. It was quiet, dignified and with me beside him holding
his hand exactly as he wanted and as we had discussed in recent months.
“My godson, Glyn, was with us. Again, this was something George was very
happy with – to know that I had his support. Glyn has been a wonderful tower of
strength to me.
“I loved George from the moment I saw him and always will. I have many, many
happy memories to treasure.”
George requested in advance that his funeral service be conducted by “Two
Worlds” editor Tony Ortzen, a friend for over 40 years. Calling it “an honour and
a privilege,” Tony commented:
“George had an encyclopedic knowledge of Spiritualism and mediumship. A
born writer, for many years he answered readers’ questions and was our advice
columnist, although used an assumed name.
“His copy was always bang on time and barely needed editing. George made the
sometimes complicated easy to understand, but did so without writing down to
readers or patronising them.
“He knew all the leading Spiritualists of the day, such as medium Gordon
Higginson, a past president of the Spiritualists’ National Union. A very principled,
kind and quick-witted person with a ready sense of humour, George was never
afraid to tell an individual or organisation if he thought they were wrong! He was
usually correct.”

Tony told me that, on a personal level, he first met George in 1972 or 73, and will miss, his knowledge and ready whit. He had a great sense of humour. so it was a very long and enduring friendship.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 pm

nice tribute to a knowledgeable guy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jane Lyzell Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:36 pm

Thanks for sharing - none George  and workt whit him att The College in sweden - love to lissen to his storys and his humor - I know he be well in spirit <3
Jane Lyzell
Jane Lyzell

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:10 pm

Thanks Jim, nice to see the kindly written tribute for George.  He will be missed on the forums... he brought so much wisdom and truth about physical mediumship from his many years of research and experience.

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Passing to Spirit of George Cranley Aka Zerdini Empty We remember George

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:30 am

We remember when George was active here on SpiritualismLink.

Two Worlds and Psychic News both had articles about his passing. I wrote a letter to TW about their article: maybe they'll print it.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down