SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mediums & their own personalities

+2
hiorta
AngelCake
6 posters

Go down

Mediums & their own personalities Empty Mediums & their own personalities

Post by AngelCake Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 am

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place, so Admin please move if not!

Can the personality of a medium affect their work? We all know mediums are supposed to be all love and light and working for spirit etc etc
But after all, mediums (whatever their "speciality", mental or physical) are only human.

What if a medium is not the honest loving person they portray themselves as? What if a medium was giving readings all day and then goes home and beats up his wife (just a wild example but you get what I mean!) Would that have an affect on who was brought through and the messages given?

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Mediums & their own personalities Empty Re: Mediums & their own personalities

Post by hiorta Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:48 pm

(Can the personality of a medium affect their (mediumistic) work?
Yes it can, as can their general understanding of Life.

Human beings are imperfect and Mediums are human beings.

It is unfair to suggest that Mediums are 'supposed' to be or do other than their experiences, motives and intelligence allows. A great many do aspire to the highest that they perceive and sincerely work in accordance with that understanding.

Has anyone the right to expect greater things from another - Medium or not - than they themselves would deliver?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Hiorta is pretty right, I think. Mediums are just normal human beings.

However, if they are demonstrating evidential mediumship, they will give what they get and not interpret it through their own value systems.

Being a good medium doesn't mean that people have to measure up to the value systems of each member of the audience, either.

Having said that, there are some mediums that I don't particularly respect and probably would not go out of my way to see. That is my failing, I guess.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:33 pm

What about physical mediums? I've heard it said that the lower the personality of the medium, the lower the spirit they bring through.

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 pm

In what terms do you mean, ''lower the personality''

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:06 pm

Not a very nice person basically. I guess what the person meant was that if the medium is not a nice person in real life then does he bring through lower spirits?
Like I said in my original post, and this is hypothetical. If the PM was a bad person in their day to day life, would they be bringing through spirits that matched their personalities?
Likewise, a PM who is good and kind and helps others as much as they can, would they bring through gentler, kinder spirits?

Am I making sense? I'm not very articulate, sorry Embarassed

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Not necessarily regarding matching personalities. But I do know like attracts like when working with spirit, so it is quite possible. There have been some physical mediums in the past, and they would seem to have been clean characters but yet mischievous controls and people would manifest during seances.

Don't put yourself down, you are making sense Smile

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks Mark Smile

Goes to show that you can't hide from spirit, eh? lol

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:34 pm

It would be interesting to know what part ego plays in the process. A medium who is self-centred and self-absorbed isn't necessarily a bad person, so what sort of spirits would they attract: ones that work for spirit or ones that bolster the medium's ego?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelCake Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 pm

Yes Wes! I think ego plays a huge part! One only has to hear the praise that is lavished on a PM at the end of a night!

AngelCake

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:52 am

""If the PM was a bad person in their day to day life, would they be bringing through spirits that matched their personalities?
Likewise, a PM who is good and kind and helps others as much as they can, would they bring through gentler, kinder spirits?""--AngelCake

These are great and very complex issues.
The Soul that we call the medium has to operate and manifest through a physical apparatus not of his/ her making i.e. a body with characteristics and tendencies of parents, with influences in turn by grandparents, and from others going further back. The cumulative effect is likely to present insurmountable difficulties for the Soul to be able to express its own self via these differing and constantly changing overlays.
And yet, it must strive to achieve this.

From this, it may be seen that judgements of 'good or bad', 'black or white' are not remotely likely to cover the terrain.

In the Mediumistic range - yet another overlay - the Law of attraction applies and might determine the 'quality' of the attracted spirits, although in such a case the sitters will also influence those attracted - an often overlooked aspect of Mediumship.

But these are just some of the matters that will colour the 'easy-come' opinions that such and such is a better Medium than so and so.

Virtually all communication has the further, deeper purpose to try to stimulate thought and develop the insight of the sitter, in order to prepare them for their eventual arrival in their next phase of Life.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 am

Its an interesting discussion whic I suspect might have a greater relevance to Trance and Physical mediumship. However there are many instances of very good mediums who's personal life may have raised eyebrows at the time they lived and even more in todays world of political correctness.

However, if we think just how few mediums there are compared to Spirits that may wish to communicate then it may be they have to work with those abilities that are to hand. This does not say that some behaviours/atitudes will not affect the work.

Trance can always be muddied by the impact of a mediums subconcious mind and deeply held views.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down