SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg

+4
hiorta
zerdini
Admin
Left Behind
8 posters

Go down

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg Empty Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg

Post by Left Behind Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:09 am

Yes, everyone, having lived 60 years with nary a broken bone or dislocation, today I managed to break TWO bones AND suffer a dislocation in my left ankle: while doing nothing more strenuous than stepping down from one outside step to another. Surprised

I had to undergo a procedure today to try to get the bones back into realignment. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an orthopedist and will likely have to undergo another procedure.

All prayer help and spirit intercession will be most welcome. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg Empty Re: Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg

Post by Admin Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:27 am

The joys of getting older Jim I wish you all the best and will send healing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg Empty Re: Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg

Post by Left Behind Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:08 am

Thank you, Jim! Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 am

Left Behind wrote:Yes, everyone, having lived 60 years with nary a broken bone or dislocation, today I managed to break TWO bones AND suffer a dislocation in my left ankle: while doing nothing more strenuous than stepping down from one outside step to another. Surprised

I had to undergo a procedure today to try to get the bones back into realignment. Tomorrow I have an appointment with an orthopedist and will likely have to undergo another procedure.

All prayer help and spirit intercession will be most welcome. Smile

Jim

Healing sent to you Jim.

I trust that the broken bones will mend very quickly.

Take care.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:53 am

Hi Jim, Healing requested for you.

You will likely be referred to a fracture clinic in a few months for a bone density scan.

If not, this might be advisable to pursue and meantime find out what foods are recommended to help bone strength. I know yougart is one of them.

Good luck and the upside of it all is that you're excused from going anywhere near shops.Very Happy
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks, everyone. I had an exam with an orthopedist today. I'm scheduled for surgery next Tuesday. Yesterday at the emergency room they set the bones into realignment, but the orthopedist said that they must insert pins in my ankle to try to prevent it from happening again: so I'm scheduled for surgery next Tuesday.

He also mentioned that osteoporosis might be the culprit. He told me that prior symptoms from the same foot (and elsewhere) that I'd described were indicative of arthritis (I told him that I'd previously been diagnosed with arthritis in both knees), but that arthritis doesn't cause bones to break.

He also said that they might be able to diagnose osteoporosis from the appearance of my bones when he performs the surgery. In general, though, he didn't seem to stress the notion that another ailment was responsible. It could have been simply a break caused by twisting it.

As I think more about yesterday's incident - which occurred so very quickly - I now recall that as I attempted to place my foot on the second step, it slid, and then twisted violently to the left.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:33 am

Love and healing sent Jim, you are in my thoughts.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Warmest thoughts,

Babs (Azur)

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Meanwhile, I'm getting the hang of moving about on crutches: and learning how I took for granted every small step and motion that I now have to devote much thought and effort into doing.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:35 pm

Get better soon. It does seem that you may have osteoporosis. You have just reminded me to be careful Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am

Quiet wrote:Get better soon. It does seem that you may have osteoporosis. You have just reminded me to be careful Smile

I hope not: I already have myopia, hypertension, and arthritis. Surprised

That was my first reaction too - that it might be some degenerative bone ailment. But I've heard many stories since this happened, of people breaking bones in freak twists and accidents: beginning with the ambulance attendant who picked me up, and told me he broke a bone in his foot a couple years back while on a call!

You're right about being careful. I'm going to avoid any strain I can, from here on in!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:22 pm

I think it is pretty easy to damage one's ankle.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:23 pm

Better stay off skateboards and roller blades for a while, Jim.... Wink

Seriously I'm sorry to hear you're immobilised. Osteoporosis is a potential cause but, as you've suggested, it could just be an awkward twist that caused an unlucky break.

best wishes, K

mac

Back to top Go down

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg Empty Back home

Post by Left Behind Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:14 pm

They ruled out osteoporosis, but detected a blood clot in my lung. So my maybe-overnight hospital stay got extended an additional 5 days while they worked at dissolving it and thinning my blood.

Now I'm back home, facing several weeks of basically being housebound while I recuperate from the ankle surgery.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 pm

Left Behind wrote:They ruled out osteoporosis, but detected a blood clot in my lung. So my maybe-overnight hospital stay got extended an additional 5 days while they worked at dissolving it and thinning my blood.

Now I'm back home, facing several weeks of basically being housebound while I recuperate from the ankle surgery.

Jim

I'd noticed you weren't around. Get well soon! Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Left Behind wrote:They ruled out osteoporosis, but detected a blood clot in my lung. So my maybe-overnight hospital stay got extended an additional 5 days while they worked at dissolving it and thinning my blood.

Jim

Take care, Jim.

It's not as though you'll be able to communicate with us from the Other Side if you should suddenly pass over.

Good mediums are hard to find. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:00 pm

I wish you all the best for a rapid recovery Jim

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:26 pm

Thank you, everyone. It's good to know that my absence was noted because that means that my presence is noted. Laughing

If I DO cross over soon, are there any mediums here I should try to contact? Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Admin wrote:I wish you all the best for a rapid recovery Jim

Jim

Best wishes from me too for a rapid recovery and try and enjoy the festive season. cheers rendeer santa

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:50 am

Thanks, Z. I can't go anywhere because I can't put any weight on my left foot: also, I fear falling and suffering another injury, especially since I'm on blood thinner, which makes any cut or bruise potentially dangerous. But at least I'm not in any particular pain, so there's something to be grateful for.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:51 am

Well, after all that, my computer picked up a malware virus on Christmas Day, and I just got it back from the repair shop.

Better news is that after nearly getting run over by a driver fleeing the police, on Thanksgiving: breaking my ankle on 7 December (Pearl Harbor Day): and my computer conking out on Christmas. . . I managed to get through New Year's unscathed! Maybe 2012 WILL be a better year for me. Very Happy

My tenant lost his job today, though. Crying or Very sad

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Healing and Prayers for a Broken Leg Empty Good News Today!

Post by Left Behind Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:59 pm

The surgeon told me that he wants me to start taking my first walking steps on 25 January. That will be 7 weeks after the day of the injury.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Best wishes Jim I bet that will be a relief even though you have to take it easy, you will be walking in time for our Australia Day holiday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:18 pm

Admin wrote:Best wishes Jim I bet that will be a relief even though you have to take it easy, you will be walking in time for our Australia Day holiday.

In that case, Australia Day will likely become my favorite holiday! Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Left Behind wrote:The surgeon told me that he wants me to start taking my first walking steps on 25 January. That will be 7 weeks after the day of the injury.

Jim

Good news, Jim.

Take it easy though. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down