SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mercury Star Circle

+4
zerdini
Left Behind
Azur
nick pettitt
8 posters

Go down

The Mercury Star Circle Empty The Mercury Star Circle

Post by nick pettitt Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 am

I've just produced a website for our physical mediumship development group, 'The Mercury Star Circle' which began sitting this year and also 'The Mercury Circle' that ran from 1999 - 2008.
I've added a history, seance reports and audio clips for now but have more to add and a few tweaks to do later.... enjoy

http://mercurystarcircle.blogspot.com/

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

The Mercury Star Circle Empty Re: The Mercury Star Circle

Post by Azur Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for the link Nick , will check it out.

May your circle continue to grow with Spirit Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Looks like a great site, Nick! May Spirit be with your endeavors.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 pm

nick pettitt wrote:I've just produced a website for our physical mediumship development group, 'The Mercury Star Circle' which began sitting this year and also 'The Mercury Circle' that ran from 1999 - 2008.
I've added a history, seance reports and audio clips for now but have more to add and a few tweaks to do later.... enjoy

Very interesting Nick. Just one correction - Colin has never been a materialization medium. Materializations have to be seen to have any validity. It is, and always has been, an extremely rare form of mediumship.

Good luck with your efforts in working towards it. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:48 pm

zerdini wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:I've just produced a website for our physical mediumship development group, 'The Mercury Star Circle' which began sitting this year and also 'The Mercury Circle' that ran from 1999 - 2008.

Very interesting Nick. Just one correction - Colin has never been a materialization medium. Materializations have to be seen to have any validity. It is, and always has been, an extremely rare form of mediumship.

agreed Z, Colin's seances were always conducted in full blackout conditions, well all the ones I went to were anyway, so were not materialization seances.
Would it be better if instead of 'at one of Colin's seances a young child materialized and ran over to his mum' I just put 'at one of Colin's seances a young child ran over to his mum'
thanks for the correction and the good luck Very Happy

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:45 pm

nick pettitt wrote:
zerdini wrote:

agreed Z, Colin's seances were always conducted in full blackout conditions, well all the ones I went to were anyway, so were not materialization seances.
Would it be better if instead of 'at one of Colin's seances a young child materialized and ran over to his mum' I just put 'at one of Colin's seances a young child ran over to his mum'
thanks for the correction and the good luck Very Happy

Probably better, Nick, to rephrase it. We don't want sceptics trying to find fault unnecessarily.

It's bad enough Thompson and Zammit claiming materialization (and charging for it!) when it isn't. Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 pm

...sorted... Cool

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:25 pm

"Would it be better if instead of 'at one of Colin's seances a young child materialized and ran over to his mum' I just put 'at one of Colin's seances a young child ran over to his mum'

Did you see it happen? If you didn't how can you report what happened?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 pm

That could be read as the 'young child' was part of the audience.

'Spirit child' might place it better, but it does sound a bit off.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:15 pm

mac wrote:"Would it be better if instead of 'at one of Colin's seances a young child materialized and ran over to his mum' I just put 'at one of Colin's seances a young child ran over to his mum'

umm, well mac I heard it happen but didn't see it, the cabinet was to my left which was where the voice started calling for his mum then it moved across the room to where mum was sitting to the right of me. I also heard the child talking to his mum and she confirmed she could feel his hair, one of the things he mentioned was he'd met his brother in spirit but he wouldn't come with him to meet his mum, mum then said he didn't have a brother then after a pause realized he was talking about a miscarriage she had had...
...but I see what you mean without actually seeing it, it could have been the medium or one of the sitters running across the room and they could have somehow got all the evidential information before the seance.. maybe I should put 'a young child appeared to run over to his mum' scratch

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:19 pm

nick pettitt wrote:
mac wrote:"Would it be better if instead of 'at one of Colin's seances a young child materialized and ran over to his mum' I just put 'at one of Colin's seances a young child ran over to his mum'

umm, well mac I heard it happen but didn't see it, the cabinet was to my left which was where the voice started calling for his mum then it moved across the room to where mum was sitting to the right of me. I also heard the child talking to his mum and she confirmed she could feel his hair, one of the things he mentioned was he'd met his brother in spirit but he wouldn't come with him to meet his mum, mum then said he didn't have a brother then after a pause realized he was talking about a miscarriage she had had...
...but I see what you mean without actually seeing it, it could have been the medium or one of the sitters running across the room and they could have somehow got all the evidential information before the seance.. maybe I should put 'a young child appeared to run over to his mum' scratch

Wouldn't it be more simple just to write something along the lines of your above description? Something like: "A voice was heard, a child apparently calling for "his mum", the sound seeming to move across the room to where I knew a woman was sitting. I heard the child speaking to her and she later said she could feel his hair. One of the things he told her was that he had met his brother inspirit but that his brother would not come to meet 'his mum'. The woman told the child that he didn't have a brother but then realised it could be a child she had miscarried...."

Something like that makes fewer assumptions, keeps to what was experienced. Less easy for the detractors to attack.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Great Nick and may your circle keep working and developing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:25 am

That would be more accurate, mac, based on my experiences of Colin's physical seances.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:47 am

I've retweaked the wording and there's now nothing to suggest Colin was/is a materialization medium Smile
In the future I'll be adding another page on my site which will cover my own experiences and observations with other mediums in more detail and that will include the sort of thing mac has posted above.
Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll keep the site updated. We're sitting again tonight and next week we'll be looking at potential new premises which will be much more suitable for the circle's development. We're all feeling very excited and positive for 2012... woohoo

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am

nick pettitt wrote:I've retweaked the wording and there's now nothing to suggest Colin was/is a materialization medium Smile
In the future I'll be adding another page on my site which will cover my own experiences and observations with other mediums in more detail and that will include the sort of thing mac has posted above.
Thanks for all the positive comments. I'll keep the site updated. We're sitting again tonight and next week we'll be looking at potential new premises which will be much more suitable for the circle's development. We're all feeling very excited and positive for 2012... woohoo

From what others have said I know I can come over as 'clinical' in my approach but I feel it's best to keep such matters as factual, and as objective, as possible.

You can work toward that by trying to keeping personal feelings, persuasions, thoughts and ideas out of a report - not easy and not always obvious to the writer that they've slipped in.

good luck! Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Mac

I agree with your suggestions about how to report this kind of experience. It makes it a lot more balanced and less vulnerable to criticism.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:53 pm

hiorta wrote:That could be read as the 'young child' was part of the audience.

'Spirit child' might place it better, but it does sound a bit off.

Yes: I think the revised version tones it down so much that it could have been an everyday event.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down