Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Mercury Circle 30/07/2003


This week there had been a lot of experimenting with direct voice before Freddie came through with a very long and interesting trance communication…

Les… ‘The voice was excellent tonight Freddie, we thought it was coming closer to us…’

Freddie… ‘Thank you that is wonderful, you see that is what we’re mainly working on, the voice. That is the most important factor as far as we’re concerned. We can all fly around on our broom sticks you know, do some stunts, but we just feel that if you hear the voices that is more important and we are getting closer and closer at virtually every session. I know the old tart had a downer for a week or two, I did explain to you…’

Les… ‘Yes she feels a lot better this week… she knows you are there which is a great comfort to her’

Freddie… ‘I do understand, I did move in similar circles, I suppose mine were a slightly different brand you know’

Les… ‘You understand that human condition’

Freddie… ‘Very much so and you see darling when you come here, I suppose it intensifies the feeling of the human condition because we get the vibrations from you earth and we can feel and hear the happiness and the sadness and of course we are connected with certain people so then you begin to realize and experience the things that they are experiencing in their lives. You then begin to compare with how when you were on earth. Maybe not always similar circumstances but there are similarities and that gives you a feeling of being closer to human people… oh, when I say human people I mean people who are living on the earth… we are human too’

Travis… ‘You sound it’

Freddie… ‘Oh I’m very human dear’

Caroline… ‘I’m glad you’re not alien!’

Freddie… ‘I’m not an alien dear’

Nick… ‘Have you met any aliens on your side?’

Freddie… ‘Well I’ve seen and heard about them yes… but really we are not too concerned as we have our own things to do…’

Caroline… ‘What do they look like?’

Freddie… ‘They are all different shapes and sizes and their minds are very, very astute, but as I say I am not at all familiar with them because I have no reason to be involved. If I could tell you darling I would but I’m not allowed to. It would make no sense what so ever to you and it is only increasing the drama.'

Caroline… ‘Well I like drama… I’d like to see an alien, but I’d probably be terrified’

Freddie… ‘No well it isn’t different and it is different over here but you know how your surroundings become very familiar to you?… well these are our surroundings now and the area that we are interested in and explore. It’s where we are meant to be and that is where we spend our time looking at other weird and wonderful things. We have an experience of all creatures that inhabit your earth and those that don’t inhabit your earth. I can’t begin to tell you that they’re orange, black and green. I can’t begin to describe them to you simply because I am not allowed to for it is of no benefit. It is not in the scheme of things… I am interested still in my music and how the vibrations of the music can help people and that is what I am learning at the moment with other musicians and artists and so forth… That the vibrations from our work fills us with love and beauty and we try to share it with those people who are on earth… I don’t know if you can understand quite what I’m talking about but we have to mind our own business. That I think is the top and bottom of it, yes, we have to explore our own thing and understand things that are becoming new to us in greater depth… I think I put that very well’

Les… ‘How can we hear your music from your side Freddie?’

Freddie… ‘Oh, we are sending it into your mind, you won’t possibly hear the beat but the vibration of the love of our work… The colours that the artist uses and the results of his work is all of love of his work and that love fills his mind with love and it is filtered through… The love filters through from our world. It is so hard to describe it all to you darling, it really is. It is quite difficult and I don’t know if I am making a very good job of it… It is called love dear and you know we can’t stand watching you so much of your time, not just us from our group but your friends and loved ones, your animals, they hang round you because they are still interested. They are still interested in you because they are still loving you and you know darlings if we could come with what you would think of as miracles if we could lift the clouds and give you a silver lining then we would do that but you know it isn’t the way it works it’s trying to get you to understand for yourself, reaching an understanding with your own mind as to how you feel when you do different things and exactly what area that pleases you and helps you and helps others. You are experiencing many experiences in order that you will find your goal, your individuality. There’s some things that really interest you and you can perfect them and that perfection will give off a vibration of love, all surrounding love in the atmosphere and you see if you find your little niche in life, you find something you enjoy tremendously, then you have a feeling of having accomplished something and you feel quite joyful because you have accomplished something and the joy is like a pebble in a pond, ripples that expand… oh god I didn’t know I was this intelligent…’

Les… ‘You’re making perfect sense Freddie’

Freddie… ‘I know I am dear, it isn’t always fun but to be here with you and speaking with you… you know we’re all lunatics together aren’t we… but it’s amazing how many people believe there’s more to life than earth life and you know we look out for people like you and we want to make our presence felt. It’s time we made our presence felt and put a different aspect on life’

Les… ‘Is there any music you prefer us to play?’

Freddie… ‘Oh I have a wide range of music I enjoy, always have done. I can jam it with the boys and I can sit and listen to music from an orchestra. I can watch someone singing to themselves just for enjoyment but I still feel the beauty of it. It’s the thing I love most and they are teaching me to improve all the time. So many different dimensions to what I can do now to what I used to do. It is my love. Of course there are individuals but what we are talking about is our life’s work and expanding on it and enjoying it but you see the music here creates colours too, quite lovely and very, very beautiful and people are generally very kind to each other and we enjoy each other’s company and we do seem to be grouped with people who are at the same stage as you. I’m not saying you can’t mix with people who are further ahead, they teach us but I’m me, I always will be for a long, long time until I’m ready to move so much further on, and it isn’t my choice that I move further on, you know darlings you get an urge and when you get the urge you do it but I’m perfectly happy here for the moment and you know the people I know on the earth are getting older and they’re coming over here so it can be quite like old times and it is really very funny when you see the look on their faces with some of the things that happen you have a brilliant sense of humour and it makes you laugh until your sides ache because the people who come over and are not expecting to see what they see and to experience what they experience is absolutely hilarious darlings, they have never seen anything quite like it in any time at all, it is wonderful to see but of course that is the light side of it, we do get the ones who come over here who are very troubled so they are virtually nursed back to health and they are gradually brought into it but it is very difficult, it sounds like Santa Claus is here every day and it isn’t quite like that. We are happy normal working people. We have a slightly wider range of experiences than you experience… anyway I’m becoming a bore I think’

All… ‘No, it’s very interesting’

Freddie… ‘It’s not the same, I’m not taking the micky out of you, it isn’t quite comfortable with me… Yes I do like to make you laugh and I don’t care if you laugh at me because I laugh at you. I laugh at you such a lot dears in your daily lives… You make mountains out of mole hills, you know darlings the best tip I can give you is stand back, take a breather and say **** it all!... She won’t let me say that word… Do you hear what I’m saying when I say to stand back and observe it for a while… when you observe you can realize sometimes how absurd your behaviour is… really you should be making light of all things and enjoying life to the best that you possibly can. Laugh and enjoy it. Look around you and take in everything. Yes we all know there is mystery around you and the way some people have to live their lives, yes, send your thoughts and do the best you can but in your own little world of your fans and your family smile and laugh at life for you don’t have to take anything too seriously and you know when you are at work and they are waving their hands and shouting and screaming just picture them with their knickers on their head darlings. I think that is a very good way to deal with life in the mundane things… yes he’s wagging his finger at me saying you’re getting near the line again! You wonderful people I love you dearly and let me see you smile at the cameras dears and even when there’s no cameras still say ‘cheese’… I have to go now…’

Les.. ‘Thank you for that Freddie, it means a lot’

Freddie… ‘Just say knickers to them dear… knickers, knickers, knickers… I just want you to imagine now, when the act is very bad, and they send that long hooked stick on and haul them off, I think that’s about to happen to me! Anyway darlings love you, love you, keep smiling, I want you to be happy, just shout at us and we will do what we can, oravoir darlings…’



nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Azur on Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 pm

nick pettitt wrote:Mercury Circle 30/07/2003


This week there had been a lot of experimenting with direct voice before Freddie came through with a very long and interesting trance communication…

Les… ‘The voice was excellent tonight Freddie, we thought it was coming closer to us…’

Freddie… ‘Thank you that is wonderful, you see that is what we’re mainly working on, the voice. That is the most important factor as far as we’re concerned. We can all fly around on our broom sticks you know, do some stunts, but we just feel that if you hear the voices that is more important and we are getting closer and closer at virtually every session. I know the old tart had a downer for a week or two, I did explain to you…’

Les… ‘Yes she feels a lot better this week… she knows you are there which is a great comfort to her’

Freddie… ‘I do understand, I did move in similar circles, I suppose mine were a slightly different brand you know’

Les… ‘You understand that human condition’

Freddie… ‘Very much so and you see darling when you come here, I suppose it intensifies the feeling of the human condition because we get the vibrations from you earth and we can feel and hear the happiness and the sadness and of course we are connected with certain people so then you begin to realize and experience the things that they are experiencing in their lives. You then begin to compare with how when you were on earth. Maybe not always similar circumstances but there are similarities and that gives you a feeling of being closer to human people… oh, when I say human people I mean people who are living on the earth… we are human too’

Travis… ‘You sound it’

Freddie… ‘Oh I’m very human dear’

Caroline… ‘I’m glad you’re not alien!’

Freddie… ‘I’m not an alien dear’

Nick… ‘Have you met any aliens on your side?’

Freddie… ‘Well I’ve seen and heard about them yes… but really we are not too concerned as we have our own things to do…’

Caroline… ‘What do they look like?’

Freddie… ‘They are all different shapes and sizes and their minds are very, very astute, but as I say I am not at all familiar with them because I have no reason to be involved. If I could tell you darling I would but I’m not allowed to. It would make no sense what so ever to you and it is only increasing the drama.'

Caroline… ‘Well I like drama… I’d like to see an alien, but I’d probably be terrified’

Freddie… ‘No well it isn’t different and it is different over here but you know how your surroundings become very familiar to you?… well these are our surroundings now and the area that we are interested in and explore. It’s where we are meant to be and that is where we spend our time looking at other weird and wonderful things. We have an experience of all creatures that inhabit your earth and those that don’t inhabit your earth. I can’t begin to tell you that they’re orange, black and green. I can’t begin to describe them to you simply because I am not allowed to for it is of no benefit. It is not in the scheme of things… I am interested still in my music and how the vibrations of the music can help people and that is what I am learning at the moment with other musicians and artists and so forth… That the vibrations from our work fills us with love and beauty and we try to share it with those people who are on earth… I don’t know if you can understand quite what I’m talking about but we have to mind our own business. That I think is the top and bottom of it, yes, we have to explore our own thing and understand things that are becoming new to us in greater depth… I think I put that very well’

Les… ‘How can we hear your music from your side Freddie?’

Freddie… ‘Oh, we are sending it into your mind, you won’t possibly hear the beat but the vibration of the love of our work… The colours that the artist uses and the results of his work is all of love of his work and that love fills his mind with love and it is filtered through… The love filters through from our world. It is so hard to describe it all to you darling, it really is. It is quite difficult and I don’t know if I am making a very good job of it… It is called love dear and you know we can’t stand watching you so much of your time, not just us from our group but your friends and loved ones, your animals, they hang round you because they are still interested. They are still interested in you because they are still loving you and you know darlings if we could come with what you would think of as miracles if we could lift the clouds and give you a silver lining then we would do that but you know it isn’t the way it works it’s trying to get you to understand for yourself, reaching an understanding with your own mind as to how you feel when you do different things and exactly what area that pleases you and helps you and helps others. You are experiencing many experiences in order that you will find your goal, your individuality. There’s some things that really interest you and you can perfect them and that perfection will give off a vibration of love, all surrounding love in the atmosphere and you see if you find your little niche in life, you find something you enjoy tremendously, then you have a feeling of having accomplished something and you feel quite joyful because you have accomplished something and the joy is like a pebble in a pond, ripples that expand… oh god I didn’t know I was this intelligent…’

Les… ‘You’re making perfect sense Freddie’

Freddie… ‘I know I am dear, it isn’t always fun but to be here with you and speaking with you… you know we’re all lunatics together aren’t we… but it’s amazing how many people believe there’s more to life than earth life and you know we look out for people like you and we want to make our presence felt. It’s time we made our presence felt and put a different aspect on life’

Les… ‘Is there any music you prefer us to play?’

Freddie… ‘Oh I have a wide range of music I enjoy, always have done. I can jam it with the boys and I can sit and listen to music from an orchestra. I can watch someone singing to themselves just for enjoyment but I still feel the beauty of it. It’s the thing I love most and they are teaching me to improve all the time. So many different dimensions to what I can do now to what I used to do. It is my love. Of course there are individuals but what we are talking about is our life’s work and expanding on it and enjoying it but you see the music here creates colours too, quite lovely and very, very beautiful and people are generally very kind to each other and we enjoy each other’s company and we do seem to be grouped with people who are at the same stage as you. I’m not saying you can’t mix with people who are further ahead, they teach us but I’m me, I always will be for a long, long time until I’m ready to move so much further on, and it isn’t my choice that I move further on, you know darlings you get an urge and when you get the urge you do it but I’m perfectly happy here for the moment and you know the people I know on the earth are getting older and they’re coming over here so it can be quite like old times and it is really very funny when you see the look on their faces with some of the things that happen you have a brilliant sense of humour and it makes you laugh until your sides ache because the people who come over and are not expecting to see what they see and to experience what they experience is absolutely hilarious darlings, they have never seen anything quite like it in any time at all, it is wonderful to see but of course that is the light side of it, we do get the ones who come over here who are very troubled so they are virtually nursed back to health and they are gradually brought into it but it is very difficult, it sounds like Santa Claus is here every day and it isn’t quite like that. We are happy normal working people. We have a slightly wider range of experiences than you experience… anyway I’m becoming a bore I think’

All… ‘No, it’s very interesting’

Freddie… ‘It’s not the same, I’m not taking the micky out of you, it isn’t quite comfortable with me… Yes I do like to make you laugh and I don’t care if you laugh at me because I laugh at you. I laugh at you such a lot dears in your daily lives… You make mountains out of mole hills, you know darlings the best tip I can give you is stand back, take a breather and say **** it all!... She won’t let me say that word… Do you hear what I’m saying when I say to stand back and observe it for a while… when you observe you can realize sometimes how absurd your behaviour is… really you should be making light of all things and enjoying life to the best that you possibly can. Laugh and enjoy it. Look around you and take in everything. Yes we all know there is mystery around you and the way some people have to live their lives, yes, send your thoughts and do the best you can but in your own little world of your fans and your family smile and laugh at life for you don’t have to take anything too seriously and you know when you are at work and they are waving their hands and shouting and screaming just picture them with their knickers on their head darlings. I think that is a very good way to deal with life in the mundane things… yes he’s wagging his finger at me saying you’re getting near the line again! You wonderful people I love you dearly and let me see you smile at the cameras dears and even when there’s no cameras still say ‘cheese’… I have to go now…’

Les.. ‘Thank you for that Freddie, it means a lot’

Freddie… ‘Just say knickers to them dear… knickers, knickers, knickers… I just want you to imagine now, when the act is very bad, and they send that long hooked stick on and haul them off, I think that’s about to happen to me! Anyway darlings love you, love you, keep smiling, I want you to be happy, just shout at us and we will do what we can, oravoir darlings…’



Hi Nick,

Thanks for posting the above, but I must be honest all this talk of celebrities and aliens in physical circles nowadays, does not impress me.

I don't think aliens were ever talked about in direct voice seances by John Campbell Sloan, Etta Wriedt, Leslie Flint. (although Leslie did have some famous people speak at his seances, I think anyone in there right mind would make an exception, considering he was phenomenally gifted.)

Direct voice is one of the most, if not the most evidential phase of physical phenomena, but yet nowadays we rarely hear about the evidence.

I am not saying what happened in your circle was not genuine, just all this talk of aliens should not come up in the physical circle, the physical circle is about proving the continued existence of the ''human'' spirit after bodily death. Not discussing or speaking with aliens, like has been seen with other physical circles nowadays.

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi Azur,

We didn’t really have a lot of say about Freddie joining the spirit team of the Mercury Circle. He appeared after the first few sessions in 1999 and at the time the medium would not accept it was him communicating through her. The group moved to Colin Fry’s Spirit Lodge in 2000 and Colin sat with the group on the first evening there. He had known Freddie well before he passed and when he came through Freddie was able to give the evidence we were waiting for. He told Colin where they first met, who’s party they ended up going to, what Colin was drinking and went on to tell everybody what Colin got up to at that party to the point where a very embarrassed Colin was begging him to shut up! Needless to say neither the medium nor any of the sitters knew any of this personal information beforehand.
As to talking about Aliens, it was me who asked Freddie if he’d met any aliens and his reply was that he’d seen and heard about them but really was not too concerned about them and quickly changed the subject. I agree that the physical circle is about proving the continued existence of the ''human'' spirit after bodily death but I don’t think it hurts to ask these questions from time to time. Not that our spirit friends will ever give us any concrete answers, maybe we’re not yet ready for that kind of information… alienbeam

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Azur on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:05 am

nick pettitt wrote:Hi Azur,

We didn’t really have a lot of say about Freddie joining the spirit team of the Mercury Circle. He appeared after the first few sessions in 1999 and at the time the medium would not accept it was him communicating through her. The group moved to Colin Fry’s Spirit Lodge in 2000 and Colin sat with the group on the first evening there. He had known Freddie well before he passed and when he came through Freddie was able to give the evidence we were waiting for. He told Colin where they first met, who’s party they ended up going to, what Colin was drinking and went on to tell everybody what Colin got up to at that party to the point where a very embarrassed Colin was begging him to shut up! Needless to say neither the medium nor any of the sitters knew any of this personal information beforehand.
As to talking about Aliens, it was me who asked Freddie if he’d met any aliens and his reply was that he’d seen and heard about them but really was not too concerned about them and quickly changed the subject. I agree that the physical circle is about proving the continued existence of the ''human'' spirit after bodily death but I don’t think it hurts to ask these questions from time to time. Not that our spirit friends will ever give us any concrete answers, maybe we’re not yet ready for that kind of information… alienbeam

Hi Nick,

I think all the questions on life on other planets have been asked before and answered. The spirit control Silver Birch answers that question in ''Life in the Beyond'' very eloquently.

But personally my view is that aliens are not for the seance room, I think the aliens are best left for SETI and not postmortem survival and spiritualism Smile

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by hiorta on Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:13 am

The very term 'Aliens' is typical of those who would manipulate us by having us think in the 'Them & Us' mode so loved by politician and theologian.

Isn't all Life of the Great Spirit?

I was part of a circle many years ago when this idea came up and the communicating guide clearly was uncomfortable in trying to not say anything on the subject. This may have been due to no personal knowledge of it, but it did feel to be a matter unsuited to our interests.

It was said that there were two 'spheres' lower in evolution than ours and that it was preferable that we raised our thoughts.

Perhaps it helps to realise that our evolution will raise or lower according to our thinking and kicks in immediately..
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Azur on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:24 pm

hiorta wrote:The very term 'Aliens' is typical of those who would manipulate us by having us think in the 'Them & Us' mode so loved by politician and theologian.

Isn't all Life of the Great Spirit?

I was part of a circle many years ago when this idea came up and the communicating guide clearly was uncomfortable in trying to not say anything on the subject. This may have been due to no personal knowledge of it, but it did feel to be a matter unsuited to our interests.

It was said that there were two 'spheres' lower in evolution than ours and that it was preferable that we raised our thoughts.

Perhaps it helps to realise that our evolution will raise or lower according to our thinking and kicks in immediately..

Hi hiorta,

I understand where you are coming from, and of course all Life is of the Great Spirit, no question about that.

Mediumship has always been about survival evidence, be it mental or physical. I don't see how aliens, (and I am not speaking directly at Nick and his circle but in general) can be of much benefit for the gieving.

Azur


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by obiwan on Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Agreed Azur. Talk about beings on other planets is hardly evidential.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by hiorta on Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Agreed.
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Quiet on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:43 am

Freddie Mercury was one of my favourite singers Smile

In my first year of development circles a woman joined the circle purporting to bring through Professor Fred Hollows who was a well known Australian eye surgeon. She certainly sounded like Fred Hollows.

I was new at the time and didn't ask any questions. The woman seemed very genuine and sincere. I can't remember what was said. She came to the circle a few times but then dropped off and that was the end of it. I sensed at the time that our teacher was reserved about her.

Tell me, how would one know if a trance speaker was genuinely bringing a spirit through? We had another one in our circle who spoke every week but only ever in uplifting homilies. The circle leader accepted this manifestation as genuine and everyone else did as well. However, there was rarely any evidential material.

One night we had our first effort at speaking from platform (to our own circle). The spirit I referred to above spoke at the end and did give some evidential material to me in that he called me by a family name that no member of our circle knew. I had not doubted before but then I knew absolutely, if that makes sense.

The spirit commented on things that we had each said and it was a most amazing evening. It seemed that the informality of the setting and the fact that we had all broken boundaries for ourselves delighted him. During the evening I was constantly aware of almost indiscernible flashes of light, and I had a crystal with me that was noticebly charged with energy.

Even though we replicated the demonstrating from platform activities, nothing like that occurred again. The trance speaker was a friend and the things that she described to me were what occurs in genuine overshadowing. She could bring through the spirit at any time and once or twice I know she did so outside the circle, although I did not see that personally.

I have no doubt that she is genuine, however. Another woman in the group occasionally seemed to be doing trance but I thought it was more inspirational which is different, I believe.

So I guess there are two questions. How does one genuinely know whether someone is in trance? And Nick, why did you accept that this was genuinely Freddy Mercury?

Thanks for the time Smile

Quiet


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Quiet on Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:55 am

One more comment, my friend the trance medium, is one of the most depressed and negative people I know, but highly intelligent. She is on various medications for depression and some back pain. She sometimes alludes to suicidal thoughts. Other times she is quite delightful.

Perhaps naively I used to wonder how she could be so depressed and negative when she was apparently so blessed by spirit with that kind of mediumship.

I also feel this person is quite talented and could teach others but she absolutely refuses to contemplate such activities, which interested me as well. She does do occasional trance lectures on the spiritualist circuit but these are very general although always uplifting.

The implicit question this time is perhaps why some individuals are gifted with mediumship, especially real trance mediumship which is becoming more rare, and others are not.

My friend, the trance medium, was in her early 70s when her trance mediumship began.

Quiet


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:57 am

Quiet wrote:

So I guess there are two questions. How does one genuinely know whether someone is in trance? And Nick, why did you accept that this was genuinely Freddy Mercury?

Thanks for the time Smile

Hi Quiet, thanks for the interesting questions and I look forward to other people's answers but personally I don't think you can genuinely know whether someone is in trance or not. I also don't really think it matters, what does matter is the quality of the communication, whether it be an evidential personal message from a deceased loved one or some profound spiritual philosophy which really moves and uplifts the sitters. If you know the medium well then you can usually judge whether the communications are beyond the knowledge and understanding of the medium. Some mediums will tell you they are completely 'out of it' and have no memory of the communications whereas others remain fully aware of everything yet still communications are spoken through them. I sit myself for trance development and have so far never been taken fully 'out of it' I am always aware and can hear both the sitters questions and the words/noises that come from me so I wouldn't say I was in trance at all.
As for my acceptance of Freddie being Freddie Mercury that was based on the evidential personal communications he gave to Colin Fry when he sat with us in 2000. Other than that I can't remember him giving us any more evidence of his identity except for information that anybody could have looked up from what had already been reported about his life. To be honest the fact that he was once a well known singer wasn't that important to us. He was just one of the spirit team that worked with the Mercury Circle and would have us in stitches each week with his lively humour as well as his simple yet wonderful philosophy spoken from the heart...

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Quiet on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Good answers, Nick. The quality of the communication ....... that is a key.

I was fortunate that my first teacher was a very good and experienced medium, both trance and demonstration. She was the first trance medium that I saw and I knew she was authentic.

I've read a lot and seen a few very good trance mediums. This kind of mediumship has always thrilled me, actually. I do think it is becoming more uncommon but know that it will never die out. I have seen some examples which did not really convince me, however, and these were mediums who had been invited by Church authorities to speak on the platform.

Once the authenticity has been established, as in you account of Colin Fry and Freddie Mercury, I understand that there is no need to continually provide that.

From my own experience and reading I also know that Spirit, in various forms, like to relax and converse with us more informally, especially in regular circles. This was evident in Arthur Findlay's work as well.

Thanks for an interesting discussion. Smile

Quiet


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:20 am

Here's some more trance communications from our circle on 14th Jan 2003

taken from my website http://mercurycircletranscripts.blogspot.com/

This was our first time back after the Christmas/New Year break and our medium Joan had just come back from a holiday in Mauritius. We all felt refreshed after the break and were looking forward to a new year of development for the circle. Freddie was on top form as usual.

We’d been seeing lots of colours in the room. Daisy said they looked hypnotic which Caroline misheard as erotic! Freddie must have been listening to the conversation as he then came through…

Freddie… ‘Umm, err… what is erotic? I rushed here’

Caroline… ‘Now we know how to get you here quick!’

Freddie… ‘And I know who it was that said it… you really are a problem you know’

Caroline… ‘I do beg your pardon Freddie’

Freddie… ‘Oh don’t dear I like it… don’t have to apologise to me dear, not one iota believe me’

Caroline… ‘Did you ever see any erotic lights?’

Freddie… ‘Oh well, just let it go dear’

Nick… ‘Whatever turns you on’

Caroline… ‘Light my fire’

Freddie… ‘You are asking for trouble… Hello dears’

Daisy… ‘How are you?’

Caroline… ‘How are you finding our medium?’

Freddie… ‘She’s good’

Nick… ‘Is she deep tonight?’

Freddie… ‘Yes… land of nod… anyway wonderful to be here and see you all… in the flesh’

Caroline… ‘Yes it’s been some weeks now what with Christmas and New Year’

Freddie… ‘I’m a late present’

Caroline… ‘And the best’

Freddie… ‘You leave me speechless… you really are a naughty girl aren’t you… good for you, I don’t mean to be insulting, just let it all hang out… you’re going to get me into trouble’

Daisy… ‘We’re raising the energy’

Freddie… ‘Not raising my energy… they’re going to pull me in again, you know that old music hall joke where they have the walking stick with the hook on it and they put it round your neck… It’s going to happen to me, I’m going to be hooked out of here… Well I hope you are all feeling very good and very well and are happy to be back speaking to me?’

All… ‘Yes we are’

Caroline… ‘Do you have laughter on your side?’

Freddie… ‘We split our sides dear… we virtually pee our pants’

Caroline… ‘Except that you don’t pee over there’

Freddie… ‘So that’s the good thing, you can pee yourself without feeling uncomfortable’

Daisy… ‘You don’t have pee or you don’t have pants?’

Freddie… ‘I do have pants you know… tight ones… Oh I can see the hook coming, I really can… I’m not going to come back’

Daisy… ‘Please be gentle with him’

Freddie… ‘Oh no… oh no please… I’m very funny I know… I’m all mouth really but let’s not go into that shall we?’

Travis… ‘Oh dear’

Freddie… ‘Well thank you Neddie you got that didn’t you’

Travis… ‘I held back’

Freddie… ‘I never did… I’m terribly sorry, I have to be more of a gentleman or I will get my backside out of here… Yes we do dear we laugh a lot but not at anyone… not hurtful’

Caroline… ‘You don’t cry do you?’

Freddie… ‘We feel sad. We see and hear of things happening and we can feel very sad… we do cry, we look at the earth and we cry and we look at the people who come over here and see what the world has done to them. We have many emotions over here darling, we feel exactly the way we felt when we were on your side you see’

Caroline… ‘But do you look at people on our side and cry because you miss them?’

Freddie… ‘No… no you have a little yearning but you see you know that they are going to come and be with you again. But you do look at the earth and see the hurt and because we are so used to the love in the atmosphere over here it is sad to see what is happening to some human beings and also to some of the animals’

Caroline… ‘I suppose because there’s no time on your side it doesn’t seem so long for you to wait for your loved ones to come over’

Freddie… ‘No… to you I suppose life seems like an eternity… but we do feel emotions, yes of course we do. It’s wonderful to have… a vantage point I suppose is what we call it and we do see a lot… good things too and we see lots of funny things so yes we do all have a titter yes. You can appear very funny and very peculiar to us but we are also funny and peculiar in our own way. It just doesn’t make a great deal of difference to your emotions over here and as I said earlier we just have this vantage point.

Les… ‘Freddie can I ask a question?’

Freddie… ‘Yes of course you can darling’

Les… ‘We lost from our side yesterday a notorious murderer and if this is not appropriate please tell me’

Freddie… ‘Oh I don’t mind, I don’t mind’

Les… ‘I just wondered how he would be received on your side and what would happen to him now?’

Freddie… ‘He will be received with love and understanding… Gradually he will become more enlightened… We are not cross with anyone when they come over here. They are all met with love and understanding. When I say love and understanding we don’t mean that we condone the things that they have done… not at all, but he will meet each individual that he did hurt, and he will feel that hurt, and plus the fact that he has come over here under his own steam, that is something else that he will regret, he ought to have sat it out, and he ought to have helped by talking, and you must realize darlings there’s a nuance there you know. Some people are obsessed with holding their hands at a certain angle or crossing their eyes in a certain way. You all have your little idiosyncrasies and some, well, are dangerous aren’t they. They feel this great urge, this thing that was lacking inside, he worked with it, if you can understand what I’m saying… Anyway enough of that I think, but I hope I have made the situation of what will happen or what is happening very clear. You must never, never think that anyone is met here with anger and you know darlings when you see that light it must be quite frightening for him so really if I can say to you send some love and thoughts and see if you can help him and help the spirit people who are working with him. It may seem an unjust thing for me to ask of you but it is the right thing to do. What is the point of hatred? You can be angry of course and the people who came over here I’m sure they are no longer angry and are trying to understand this person so you have to try and understand… that is my answer to you anyway’

Daisy… ‘That was very deep thank you’

Freddie… ‘Let’s talk dirty again… It’s so wonderful to be back with you all again… I’ve been on my holidays you know’

Caroline… ‘You were in Mauritius with the medium?’

Freddie… ‘Of course I was darling, you don’t think I was going to let a chance like that go by… see the old tart in a swim suit… Yes well you know we’re allowed to pop in here, there and whenever, we have to earn it of course’

Caroline… ‘How do you do that’

Freddie… ‘Being a good boy and not being dirty with you… anyway it’s time to toodle pip you know’

Caroline… ‘It’s good to talk to you’

Freddie… ‘Yes I know… lovely to speak with you’

Caroline… ‘Oravoir’

Freddie… ‘Oravoir… you beat me to it darling’

Caroline… ‘Sorry’

Freddie… ‘Yes you will be… I can easily make you pee your pants you know… Oravoir darlings…’

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Thu May 10, 2012 10:23 am

Mercury Circle 01/06/2004

This week Joan felt a little under the weather with a sore throat. The spirit team had taken her very deep and were giving her some healing. Freddie took full advantage of Joan being totally ‘out of it’ and was able to bring more of himself through including a few ‘colourful’ words.
Before the Mercury Circle started in 1999 we had all met up at Colin Fry’s Friday Group which was a weekly trance evening. Magnus was the spokesperson for a group of spirits known as the Diamond and he would speak through Colin answering questions from all of us.
Daisy kicks off the following lengthy conversation with Freddie by asking him if it would be possible for Magnus to talk to us again through Joan…

Daisy… ‘Can I ask you a question?’

Freddie… ‘Yes of course you can darling’

Daisy… ‘You know we all started off in the Friday group at Colin’s with Magnus. I was just thinking as we have a bond of friendship with the Diamond group and especially Magnus, I wondered if along the way we could invite him as a guest speaker just to say hello and how things are because I do really miss him’

Freddie… ‘Yes, I understand that perfectly darling because you all learned so much, so very much and I appreciate what you say and I’m sure he has heard your welcoming speech to come and join you at some time so I can’t say yay or nay, I can’t speak for him, he has his own way of doing things. But you see darlings you all met one another at the Friday group, you were brought together for this purpose and this purpose alone, it was the beginning and it was the means to the end and yes you have made very good friends with the people who are in that group, the Diamond… yes… I think that it was time to move on because the purpose of you all coming together is to speak with me you see’

Daisy… ‘I’m not saying that with disrespect to our group, I do love our group’

Freddie… ‘I do understand and I know how you can miss old friends but sometimes the time has been spent and it is time to say I have my own road to travel. You see the people in that group dear, the Friday group, the Diamond, have their own way to go over here and we have all met up and touched each other at some time and I am quite sure that they still have the love and the interest in their hearts for you, you are not forgotten, no you are certainly not forgotten my dears because it was all planned such a long time ago, in fact I think the buggers did it to get me over here you know…
I was having a perfectly good time, I was having a ball, and then look what happened, I became an angel instead of a fairy!!! …it was welcomed darlings, I must stop being a fool’

Daisy… ‘No you’re not’

Freddie… ‘Oh yes I am… are we going to say oh no you’re not? …oh yes I am. I’m far too sophisticated darling to play those games’

Nick… ‘Was it very soon from when you went over that you became involved in communicating with our side?’

Freddie… ‘Yes, yes as soon as I became quite well I became interested. I was interested when I was on your side, on the earth, but you know darlings you do find that people who are in the theatre or connected with show business do have an interest in this simply because they’re artistic and so they’re sensitive so therefore they’re very easily persuaded’

Caroline… ‘And they’re good communicators’

Freddie… ‘Yes, and you see nothing can make me sit down and shut up’

Daisy… ‘Freddie, when you said that you got well after you passed on, I know you suffered a lot of physical pain but did it take a long time to get well?’

Freddie… ‘Well we don’t have a time scale here have we, but when I came over I really was very, very weak and needed a great deal of rest and when you are feeling strong and able you are then sort of released to the people that you are going to be living with and people who will help and guide you… because not only was my physical body depleted my other body was feeling weakened too…’

Nick… ‘Your etheric body?’

Freddie… ‘yes… it had to be regenerated as it were and so this takes time, I don’t know how long. I suppose I was keen and interested, you know if you have an interest in something it makes you feel lighter and brighter, it makes you want to look into things and I met so many interesting people and you know darlings I had a lot of friends who had come over with aids so they were all gunning for me and I had so much to talk about so really I did very, very well and settled in but you know darlings when you have a lot of friends and you’re thinking bugger me what’s going on, they are dead… So I was interested as to how and why, what and where they had come from. It takes a little bit of getting used to. But then again you see I was conditioned for the arrival over here because I was so in and out of consciousness and feeling the way I felt I was happy to get here. I’d had just about as much as I could take because as I say in my song, I wasn’t half the man I used to be, but it doesn’t matter anymore because I’m fit and happy and well. I’m interested and I love all of you dears’

Caroline… ‘So when people go over to your side with an illness, they don’t immediately wake up feeling better?’

Freddie… ‘No dear because you are depleted and you need to be conditioned I suppose you just need to be regenerated and just because you are involved in this you are still quite a stranger too… a shock to the system I suppose… I’d become a bloody ghost!!!’

Daisy… ‘It must be quite a shock for those who come over in an accident’

Freddie… ‘We’re all prepared for those you see darling because they are put into a place where the conditions are right for them and you know they can be here having the healing and being conditioned to their conditions and they will have someone who is looking after them and helping them and it will come to a time when someone they know will come and maybe say hello and things are usually explained to them… and you know some people have a horrified expression on their face which is hilarious… but so many people are relieved and happy that there’s something after the earth and their deaths so it works two ways you see darlings.
I’m having a good old chin-wag, it’s wonderful, I am enjoying myself’

Daisy… ‘So are we’

Freddie... ‘That’s good, and how’s Neddie doing?’

Travis... ‘I’m fine, enjoying listening to you’

Freddie… ‘Well you always did dear, everything else pales into insignificance doesn’t it darling…
Say yes, please’

Travis… ‘Oh, yes’

Freddie… ‘Then I’ll still be your friend’

Caroline… ‘Freddie, what happens to people who come over to your side from committing suicide, I’ve heard so many different things like some are chastised or sent to a different place?’

Freddie… ‘The way that I know of it is if you bring yourself over here before your time, you have still got lessons to learn darling, and there’s no escaping that so you will still face the conditions that you would have faced on earth and you have to still work though them but it is done with kindness and with love. No one gets a slapped wrist here dear. They have been silly. Some people will say they were selfish, they were cowards but no one knows what is going on in another person’s mind, so we’d rather you didn’t do it but I’m not going to say to you that it is completely wrong because it is their decision and their decision alone, but quite often if they are grieving for someone…
I can tell you a story actually. I was very good friends with Diana Dors and she came over here with cancer and she left her husband behind. He committed suicide to be with her. I’m sorry dear it didn’t happen. He had to go to his own place, work his way through whatever he had to work through before he would be allowed to join her. So it was very frustrating knowing he was doing the wrong thing. So it may seem like the easy way out but you still have to face whatever you had to face and learn while you were on earth but no one is condemned. You really are over here at the stage you were on the earth. You are just on this side doing it instead of on the earth doing it, you understand dears?’

Caroline… ‘Yes, are you still friends with Diana Dors?’

Freddie… ‘Oh I see her now and again, you know, you don’t lose touch with friends but you know it will happen that you will come over here and we will say hello now and again to one another…’

Caroline… ‘I actually went swimming with her when I was about seven’

Freddie… ‘Really?’

Caroline… ‘When she was an actress in Worthing’

Freddie… ‘Yes I was rather fond of her, she had a pretty poor reputation but you know darlings, when you achieve everything you are rather more naughty than if you have to work for a crust, you have more time to play dear, so these people play rather a lot, and really if they’re hurting anyone they’re hurting themselves aren’t they, but I’m no judge, I’m not allowed, I don’t want to judge others, I’ve got my own heap to deal with dear’

Caroline… ‘And you’re still learning and paying for things you’ve…’

Freddie… ‘Oh I’ve got a long way to go but I’ve come a long way and I’m very happy and very contented and I’m very interested and I’m very well and still looking very good, so that’s told you lot hasn’t it…
Don’t fear coming over here, don’t fear it, it’s very interesting here, you’re allowed to do things which you didn’t have the time, the patience or the money to do while you were on earth.
It is so much more real. Whatever you are wanting to do it appears more real, more easier and more wonderful to do.
I am being very good tonight aren’t I’

All… ‘Yes very clear’

Freddie… ‘Yes I’m enjoying it because the old tart… we can’t do too much with her… better give her some healing I think’

Nick… ‘She’s quite out of it now is she?’

Freddie… ‘Yes, she’s got her head on my shoulder. She thinks it’s wonderful, so do I’

Nick… ‘When you speak to us like this can you only use words that are in her vocabulary?’

Freddie… ‘Well I drop them in… I drop MY words in’

Nick… ‘So you could use a word she hadn’t heard of if you wanted?’

Freddie… ‘Well I suppose I could, I know quite a few words but I expect she’s heard them, yes, she doesn’t fool me’

Nick… ‘So could somebody speak in a foreign language that she didn’t know?’

Freddie… ‘Well you see darling over here it doesn’t matter about language. I know some people do come through and speak in their language that they spoke on earth. That is possible, of course it is, you know it’s happened time after time’

Caroline… ‘If the medium mispronounces a word that the spirit has put through the medium, does it still come out incorrectly?’

Freddie… ‘Yes because we’re using that medium’s mind, and you know she speaks in a peculiar way anyway’

Nick… ‘Can you hear what you’re saying?’

Freddie… ‘Yes darling I’m very aware of what I’m saying, I’m very close to her’

Nick… ‘So if you put a word through her which came out wrong this end you would know and could correct it?’

Freddie… ‘Yes, very easily…
It’s really good to be here you know, speaking with you’

Daisy… ‘What is your personal belief in reincarnation?’

Freddie… ‘I don’t want to believe in it dear, you see I had such a good time when I was on the earth. I want to take whatever I created and take it further and influence other musicians and other people who I can help. I just want to move on, I don’t want to come back’

Daisy… ‘Are you allowed to come back?’

Freddie… ‘I don’t know, I don’t know, you see darling you have people here who still go to church, they still have their beliefs, so if you were a Christian, a Muslim, Parsi or whatever you have people who still believe this, and if you have people coming over here who are determined to have lived 90 lives then they are allowed to believe it until it becomes clear to them what is what and I think you know your Diamond friend did touch on this subject and he said it was just having met up with different people that gave you these memories and I for one darlings would prefer to believe that, much prefer but it remains to be seen dear.
I think we have a lot to say in what we would like to do. No one demands us to do anything, you become interested you see and keen to do things and as I said to you earlier, things are so much easier to achieve here because you haven’t got your material world view to consider and you see it’s virtual reality I suppose, because you know it’s like re-enactments, we have access to so many things here that I can’t really begin to explain to you which may sound like it’s a cop out but I can’t begin to explain’

Caroline… ‘The Buddhists believe in reincarnation don’t they?’

Freddie… ‘Yes, and you see Buddhists will be Buddhists. The Christians will be Christians, and the Catholics will stay away from our séances!!!’

Daisy… ‘But I’m here’

Freddie… ‘Yes but you have moved on… I’ve got to go and ride my bicycle I’ve got to ride my bike.

Daisy… ‘It’s lovely talking to you’

Freddie… ‘I know it’s lovely talking to you, we are a mutual admiration… I have so enjoyed being in your company. I do hope I haven’t bored you. I do hope I have answered all your questions in an intelligent and interesting way’

All… ‘Yes’

Freddie… ‘That’s good, then I’m one step further up the ladder… hip, hip, hooray’

Caroline… ‘Lot’s of Brownie points’

Freddie… ‘Brownie yes, not the boy scouts’

Travis… ‘Brings it down to earth’

Freddie… ‘I prefer their uniform… I have to go dears’

Daisy… ‘See you next week’

Freddie… ‘I hope so then we will hopefully have cured the old tart, but we’ve done very well.
Au revoir darlings and I give each and every one of you a big kiss and I dare not say hope to see you here soon… so same place, same time next week dears, au revoir’

All… ‘Au revoir Freddie’

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Thu May 10, 2012 10:32 am

The latest account appears to be over 8 years old. What's the significance of posting it now please?

Unlike fine wines, it doesn't improve - become any more convincing in this case - with age....

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by KatyKing on Thu May 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Who is Freddie Mercury?
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Thu May 10, 2012 2:11 pm

KatyKing wrote:Who is Freddie Mercury?

I'm guessing that's a tongue-in-cheek question but just in case it ain't, Freddie Mercury was the singer in 'Queen'.... Razz

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by KatyKing on Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 pm

I'm indebted to m'learned friend.
;-)
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

KatyKing wrote:I'm indebted to m'learned friend.
;-)

Always my pleasure but on a serious note one might wonder how the identity of such a celebrity could be be authenticated - and the basis of evidential communication is being able to identify the communicator with certainty. Otherwise any impostor, any deceiver, could masquerade as any other individual. Even in this physical world such deceit is hardly uncommon.

I guess that concerns such as I've outlined are found in all communication circles.
Wink

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by nick pettitt on Thu May 10, 2012 8:01 pm

mac wrote:
KatyKing wrote:I'm indebted to m'learned friend.
;-)

Always my pleasure but on a serious note one might wonder how the identity of such a celebrity could be be authenticated - and the basis of evidential communication is being able to identify the communicator with certainty. Otherwise any impostor, any deceiver, could masquerade as any other individual. Even in this physical world such deceit is hardly uncommon.

I guess that concerns such as I've outlined are found in all communication circles.
Wink

agreed mac it's always difficult to get evidence from a 'celebrity' to authenticate their identity. Most of what they say about themselves is already know and available for all to find with a bit of googlin'.
We were very fortunate when Freddie first communicated to have someone sit with us who knew Freddie when he was on this side. He asked Freddie where they first met, who's party they ended up at, what he was drinking and these and many more personal facts were given by Freddie to this guy who confirmed them all. After that we accepted him as Freddie Mercury and he became a very valuable member of the spirit team speaking with us every week...

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by KatyKing on Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Bit like that past life malarkey. Everyone you talk to who is into that was a Queen or a Pharaoh or some such back in the day and you can't move for ex priestesses of Isis. But do you ever meet anyone who was a night soil shifter in Wigan?
Unfamiliar as one is with the former Mr Mercury and his popular music combo one had read that he was a Parsee Zoroastrian so would expect him to return via that tradition rather than our own.
Rule of thumb for spirits claiming to be someone formerly famous is that they are usually low level impersonating types and best avoided.
The Parsees of Delhi have a cute tradition. They aren't cremated. Their bodies are left in the Towers of Silence. Huge funnel shaped jobs where the vultures come and eat them. There are guest houses close by and more than one tourist has been put off breakfast on the veranda by clumsy vultures dropping a well rotted and pecked hand or a foot onto their table.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by KatyKing on Thu May 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Still and all if Mr Mercury chooses to deliver his bonnes mots via a suburban Spiritualist circle then who are we to demur?
Be a nice change for him after the five star hotels, celebrity chums and rock star life style to pitch up in someone's Barretts semi or similar for a chat to some PM hobbyists.
avatar
KatyKing


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Thu May 10, 2012 9:09 pm

nick pettitt wrote:
mac wrote:
KatyKing wrote:I'm indebted to m'learned friend.
;-)

Always my pleasure but on a serious note one might wonder how the identity of such a celebrity could be be authenticated - and the basis of evidential communication is being able to identify the communicator with certainty. Otherwise any impostor, any deceiver, could masquerade as any other individual. Even in this physical world such deceit is hardly uncommon.

I guess that concerns such as I've outlined are found in all communication circles.
Wink

agreed mac it's always difficult to get evidence from a 'celebrity' to authenticate their identity. Most of what they say about themselves is already know and available for all to find with a bit of googlin'.
We were very fortunate when Freddie first communicated to have someone sit with us who knew Freddie when he was on this side. He asked Freddie where they first met, who's party they ended up at, what he was drinking and these and many more personal facts were given by Freddie to this guy who confirmed them all. After that we accepted him as Freddie Mercury and he became a very valuable member of the spirit team speaking with us every week...

fair comments - You did all you needed to for certainty about his identity.

added: What I didn't get to learn, though, is why my earlier question: "The latest account appears to be over 8 years old. What's the significance of posting it now please?" didn't get a response.

Perhaps you can now reply, Nick?


Last edited by mac on Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional section)

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Fri May 11, 2012 11:16 am

KatyKing wrote:Bit like that past life malarkey. Everyone you talk to who is into that was a Queen or a Pharaoh or some such back in the day and you can't move for ex priestesses of Isis. But do you ever meet anyone who was a night soil shifter in Wigan?
Unfamiliar as one is with the former Mr Mercury and his popular music combo one had read that he was a Parsee Zoroastrian so would expect him to return via that tradition rather than our own.
Rule of thumb for spirits claiming to be someone formerly famous is that they are usually low level impersonating types and best avoided.
The Parsees of Delhi have a cute tradition. They aren't cremated. Their bodies are left in the Towers of Silence. Huge funnel shaped jobs where the vultures come and eat them. There are guest houses close by and more than one tourist has been put off breakfast on the veranda by clumsy vultures dropping a well rotted and pecked hand or a foot onto their table.

Sticking just with the Freddie Mercury issue, I think it's fair to say that if Zoroastrianism didn't provide a means of communicating his continued existence, then a lowly pm circle would do just fine..... Presumably dear Freddie (and I was rather fond of him as a celebrity) quickly realised after his passing that his former beliefs were worth no more worth than a hill of beans and was comfortable dropping them and communicating in whatever way he could. Maybe his earliest communications explained how he felt after his passing? Nick can maybe help out with this?

I've got to admit I am prone to using the KK rule-of-thumb about celebrity impersonation but I accept Nick Pettit's explanation that rigorous testing was done to establish the integrity of the individual purporting to be the late Freddie Mercury. It's what good Spiritualist mediums would routinely do for their enquirers so I see no reason to expect more from other groups or individuals.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by mac on Fri May 11, 2012 11:23 am

KatyKing wrote:Still and all if Mr Mercury chooses to deliver his bonnes mots via a suburban Spiritualist circle then who are we to demur?
Be a nice change for him after the five star hotels, celebrity chums and rock star life style to pitch up in someone's Barretts semi or similar for a chat to some PM hobbyists.

Without having read his mots I can't assess how bons they actually were.... Razz

But if the level of his communication was suspiciously low or high (however one might judge it) I'd be inclined to wonder why he was making the effort to communicate in the way claimed - but, then, I'm a suspicious soul. Evil or Very Mad

If, however, his ideas reflected the frailty of celebrity and life itself, had some depth and breadth, maybe then I'd be inclined to listen to what the now-stripped-bare individual had to say.... And for me it wouldn't matter where he said it - in a lowly Barretts home (I live in one!) or The Ritz.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Freddie Mercury gets philosophical

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum