SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello folks it will soon be 2011

4 posters

Go down

Hello folks it will soon be 2011  Empty Hello folks it will soon be 2011

Post by jock Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:08 pm

Dunfermline Ask (association of spiritualists) www.dunfermlineask.co.uk
Hello folks it will soon be 2011 and the new year brings new beginings we are in exciting times when spiritualism is now overtaking the other religeons. Massive churches stand empty yet if every town there are more spiritualist centres opening every day. This is our time please all grasp the mettle and go forwards in the new year I know Dunfermline Ask will with our exciting programme of events planned for 2011.
This is an ideal time for prospective enquirers to attend our awarness classes every Thursday starting on the 13th Jan at 7pm with Kerrry McLeod.
We wish you all the compliments of the season and at the end of each year our thoughts go out to the risen workers who have in their own way enhanced our movement

jock

Back to top Go down

Hello folks it will soon be 2011  Empty Re: Hello folks it will soon be 2011

Post by hiorta Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:12 pm

A' the Best tae a' at DunfermlineASK

Jock, do you see the time coming around when Spiritualism - in all its forms - will be in exactly the same declining position as Christianity is today?

I suppose there is nothing to prevent this should the evolving minds of tomorrow take that road, but if so, might that hint at the folk of tomorrow being well-endowed with Natural Mediums and Mediumistic ability recognised and accepted as a musical ability is readily accepted today?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by jock Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:34 pm

I hear what you say, as people in general are more enlightened then there would be no need for mediums they could communicate directly with relatives or people from the other side of life or from other worlds’ as needed. I cannot see this happening simply due to the fact it is unlikely that people will not spend time to do it and I feel there will always be a place for mediums albeit there may be more of them which in its self would be a good thing.

jock

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Is there a website problem? I've been trying to post a reply since this morning....Squid did not receive any data for this request.
Generated Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:32:31 GMT by pcl-iwfcache01.plus.net (squid)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:41 pm

I am unable to post properly - the above message contains some of an error message produced

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

As I've said recently, I think the Modern Spiritualism movement has run its course.

I feel we're at the beginning of New Age spiritualism (or whatever name emerges) whose central feature will be personal experience of the message of the spirit. Not conveyed in the manner of evidential mediums but received within themselves from their personal guides. Teaching may already be coming through 'channellers' in a similar fashion to that of mediums bringing the words of guides such as Silver Birch. On the cyber chat boards there are already those saying as much if not in exactly my words!

Whatever the situation, truth can't be anything new, simply a different presentation. I'll remain what I began, a Modern Spiritualist because I found my direction that way. Privileged to have experienced the old way, privileged to see the change just beginning.

I didn't used to see things that way until very recently....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:43 pm

duplicated message this time!

Last edited by mac on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Jjim, Lis

I found my problem seems to occur when I use formatting tools - creating italic text, underlining etc.

Is there a website problem or is it just me?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Jim Lis

Well they weren't problems this time.... Question Anyone else having problems?

In my larger piece, if I italicise or underline text, the edited page won't update...

I can't even send a copy of the squid error message that results - something about a zero value....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:00 pm

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://spiritualismlink.forumotion.com/post

The following error was encountered:

* Zero Sized Reply

Squid did not receive any data for this request.

Generated Sat, 01 Jan 2011 15:57:50 GMT by pcl-iwfcache02.plus.net (squid)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

I built up the error message in sections as earlier I could not get the whole message to go - just in case this is any help if there is a technical problem - when I wrote this first section at the top of the error message report posting I had the same problem as before - it wouldn't go - how weird is this!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by jock Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Every-one is a psychic and have the ability to be a medium or channel for spirit it is simply down to application and people will not put the time in now or in the future so there always be a need for A Medium. It seems people do not realize that Mediums who are helped and follow the advice of the spirit will always be in front of the populace in general as man evolves so will Mediums.

jock

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Very odd Mac, I will have a look at it

Thanks

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:09 am

Admin wrote:Very odd Mac, I will have a look at it

Thanks

Jim

Thanks Jim

An online check suggests it's something to do with 'squid' which is some kind of proxy server. It also happened on another website late (our) yesterday evening - both websites through forumotion so I wonder if it's a server problem? Very erratic errors which completely stopped me posting more than a line or two of plain text.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:11 am

I won't know if the problem is solved until I have another largish posting to upload - by then things may have righted themselves. All too technical for me!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:26 am

jock wrote:Every-one is a psychic and have the ability to be a medium or channel for spirit it is simply down to application and people will not put the time in now or in the future so there always be a need for A Medium. It seems people do not realize that Mediums who are helped and follow the advice of the spirit will always be in front of the populace in general as man evolves so will Mediums.

I accept that's your opinion, Jock. Up 'til fairly recently I'd've said something similar but I'm reading many website postings suggesting that some of what you say is not so. What we know as mediumship, what we know as mediums, are very much out of line with many of the views I see expressed.

It would be so easy to ask "What do they know?" but if one looks at Modern Spiritualism, what do we now have to offer? Poor standards of mediumship, few competent mediums, controversy and disagreement within the movement, no public leaders, no contemporary spiritually-evolved guides and/or teachers. The past several decades have seen a slide towards today's mediocrity.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 am

Well, Jim, that last posting uploaded without problem - maybe a transient situation?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down