SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice

5 posters

Go down

Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice Empty Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice

Post by Admin Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:35 am

This morning in my inbox I found an extract of this sent to me by Bob Bayer from the New Age Books of Truth and Inspiration site.
I noted the words because I think it expresses things which organised Spiritualism can often forget notably in Chapter 2

“Orthodoxy, fear, superstition are the tyrants that have robbed man of his birthright for so many centuries.”

A fact that I feel our representative bodies forget in a quest for their own orthodoxy and

“The purpose of the Spiritualist is not to preach any new revelation, but to draw attention to certain experiences which provide the foundation for two ascertained facts. Briefly stated they are as follows:
1. The fact of individual survival after so-called death.
2. The possibility of communication with the so-called dead.”

I sometimes we forget that and preach Spiritualism as the new Religion more than a truth and philosophy.
By teh way note it’s from the smaller land down under so I have to like it more.

On top of that the infectious enthusiasm in the writing is appealing.

I cannot find a date at the moment but it received a short review in the New Zealand Evening Post, Volume CXII, Issue 112, 7 November 1931

SPIRIT VOICES
http://survivalebooks.org/#Spirit%20Voices (I believe a new version will soon be available on the New Age Books of Truth and Inspiration Site http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewAgeBooksofTruthandInspiration/ )

BEING RECORDS OF SPIRITUALISTIC TRUMPET SEANCES HELD IN CHRISTCHURCH, NEW ZEALAND,

THROUGH THE MEDIUMSHIP OF LANCELET BRICE

COMPILED BY H. MONTAGUE CRANE
AUTHOR OF "THE INTRUDER" AND OTHER PSYCHIC LITERATURE

SPIRIT VOICES
CHAPTER ONE

Truth stranger than fiction. This is a book of truth. The power of thought lies in its invisibility. Mind is spirit. Heaven and hell are mental conditions.
Spiritualism a rational religion—a religion of demonstrative fact. Survival proved by scientists, doctors, authors. Death a great adventure. We invite you to read—then reason.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Strange indeed is the truth contained within these pages; so strange that many who read will scoff and say "Surely this is fiction! "

This is a book of truth.

Much of intrinsic value and beauty will be revealed to those who diligently seek. Let your judgment be fair. Let your criticism be tinged with tolerance; for in this age of science the so-called fools of today are the wise of tomorrow.

The greatest powers known to man are invisible: He cannot see electricity, but he can harness the giant and make it work for him; he cannot see wind, but he can use it to sail his ships and turn his wheels; he cannot see steam, but it drives his machines of industry; he cannot see sound waves, but he catches them
from the ether and makes commercial use of them.

The power of mind lies in its invisibility.

And mind is spirit.

Death does not end all!

The brain is but the physical organ through which mind functions.

How do we know? Because over a period of years we have spoken to, and heard speak, thousands of persons whom the world has thought dead!
And they have spoken, not through the lips of mediums, but in independent voices, giving mental proof of their survival.

Mind is creative and governs matter.

All things are created by the Great Creator, and being a part of that Great Creative Force, the mind, or spirit of man, must also create.
A masterpiece cannot be painted until created by the mind of the artist. The composer must first be inspired before he produces a grand symphony.
Mind is spiritual; brain physical. During earth life the two are united until separated by the death of the physical body.

The same mind that creates material things through the brain while on earth, can also create seemingly concrete things when it leaves its earthly habitation—hence the "mansions not made by hands."

As a man thinks so is he.

He can create his own heaven or his own hell.

Neither a physical hell, nor Satan, nor demons exist; they are but the product of ignorant minds or undeveloped spirits.
Think of love and you create heaven, for God is Love, and love is heaven—love for all humanity, no matter

Spiritualism offers a rational religion: Not a religion of blind faith, but a religion of demonstrative fact.

The fact of the survival of the mind, or spirit, has been proved and acknowledged by hard-headed scientists, doctors, authors, and millions of other people.

This book is not printed for the express purpose of convincing the sceptic and the bigot, although much of an evidential nature will be found within its covers.

It is not a book with missionary intent. We do not wish to thrust our facts and teachings upon an already over-burdened public, with its many "isms." God forbid!

It is a drama of death—and of life.

It is a romance where those who have loved, love again in love made perfect.

It is the Great Adventure.

It is a surveyed and charted record of the beyond from which it has been erroneously said that no traveler returns.

They do come back across the bridge of thought built up by harmonious and sympathetic vibrations.

Come! Sail the mystic seas with us, and we will take you where again you will hear the joy and laughter of voices you may perchance have thought silenced for evermore.

Love is at the helm to guide our craft, through seas of doubts and dangers, to the calm waters of deep understanding.

Come! Learn something of the higher life to which you are destined.

Take a peep behind the veil, which wears thinner, thinner, thinner, as the years roll on.

CHAPTER TWO

Invisible hosts are spreading light and truth into a darkened world. Orthodoxy, fear, superstition are slavish tyrants, doomed to die by the shining darts of reason. A more wholesome religion demanded. "And the trumpet shall sound"—now sounding as prophesied. The fact of individual survival after physical death testified by thousands.

The invisible host is sweeping across the uttermost parts of the earth to spread the light into the darkened minds of men.

Orthodoxy, fear, superstition are the tyrants that have robbed man of his birthright for so many centuries.

Already do they cringe before the shining darts of reason.

The pioneer stage has been left behind. The dark cloak of superstition and orthodoxy is falling from man, revealing the brighter vesture of knowledge beneath.

It is all a matter of evolution.

Ever since man in his primitive state first trod the earth, and from his narrow cranium evolved brain cells whereby the undeveloped soul could think and expand, waves of spirituality have ebbed and flowed, ebbed and
flowed, throughout the ages—God perfecting His masterpiece—until today finds us atop the crest of the biggest wave of all, which will sweep away the last remaining husks of doubt and bring to pass the millenium of which the Master Medium spoke.

There was a time when ministers of the Gospel (spare the word) used to preach to a quaking congregation about the goadings of a physical devil; everlasting fires and the torments of the damned. There was a time when the stench of the burning flesh of heretics and "witches" used to satiate the nostrils of gross holidaymakers.

Gone, gone, is all this heritage from the dark ages. No longer will reasoning beings swallow literal " truths" from a badly translated Bible—translated ad lib to suit the needs of the early clergy. today is demanded a more wholesome diet.

Many well-meaning friends tell us that "Spiritualism is of the devil—have nought to do with it." If it is of the devil then take off your hats to his Satanic Majesty as being the finest and most Christ-like spirit one could ever meet, whose second name is Love.

The voices we hear; the forms that appear; the inspirations given—be they from devils or angels, certainly prove survival !

This is the age of reason—a reason that is flooding the whole human race, be it black, yellow, or white—in a sea of scientific and psychic facts.

We are soaring to greater heights of knowledge.

Forty years ago a poor electrician discovered wireless—the world laughed at him. The great Marconi improved on this discovery and gave us radio.

The cinematograph is now synchronised with sound, and the voices of performers can be clearly heard.

Our own New Zealander, Sir Ernest Rutherford, proved the atom theory—which theory has been known to psychics for many years, demonstrated in materialisations and de-materialisations.

The spirits of our "dead" friends are able to make themselves known to us by using sound vibrations and can make themselves visible to us by using physical atoms, or ectoplasm.

Earth friends can now sit in a circle, or individually, and hold sustained conversation with spirit friends for hours on end, mostly in the dark.

Everyone with a knowledge of radio knows that sound waves function clearer when free from light waves, certain vibrations functioning better by the absence of light.

We have gone one better than this, for spirit friends can now speak to us in full light of day, or in artificial light.

This is the miracle of the direct voice.

A new discovery as old as the hills.

"And the trumpet shall sound."

In our midst the trumpets are sounding as prophesied.

The "dead" are speaking through them to friends left behind on earth.

The "dead" are not dead but found living in the presence of His Love.

The mystery of life has been the problem of all ages. The libraries of the world testify to the unceasing search for an answer that will not only satisfy the urge within man, but will give him still further enlightenment; will enable him to achieve fresh conquests; and will add to his power.
Perhaps because of its arresting character—its seeming intrusion into a world which pulsates with visible expression of life—the nature, meaning and apparent fact of death has of necessity come under the scientific, the philosophic, and religious minds of both great and small, and is included in the problem of life itself.
The fact that all have go through the experience called "death," makes the question a vital and an urgent one to every individual, and he is a benefactor to the race who can give to this experience a brighter significance; can exchange its sombre hues for the radiant colours of the dawn; can extract the sting from its fangs and the victory from its doleful obsequies. Materialism with all its boastful triumphs leads but to the grave of hope and of effort.

The purpose of the Spiritualist is not to preach any new revelation, but to draw attention to certain experiences which provide the foundation for two ascertained facts. Briefly stated they are as follows:

1. The fact of individual survival after so-called death.

2. The possibility of communication with the so-called dead.

In the confirmation of these claims great issues are involved. The belief in individual survival is exchanged for the certainty of knowledge, the "mystic sweet communion with those whose rest is won" becomes a beautiful and continuous experience, and not only satisfies the heart's inmost longings, but wipes the tears from the eyes of all who have entered this joyful and sacred fellowship.
"This, then, is my story and this is my song," that our departed ones survive; that they are near us and long to tell of their love and presence. How natural it all is. If any one of us went on a journey to another town or country, what would be our first concern? To let those whom we have left behind know of our welfare and safety, while we eagerly look forward to news from "oor ain folk."

So it is with those who have passed over. They long to send word back that all is well, and to still further strengthen the bond of love with personal communion with those they have left on earth.

The testimony of thousands to this happy experience is available to all who read even a portion of the voluminous literature on the subject. Every addition to this testimony gives still further power to the influence and convincing nature of cumulative evidence.

Such is the purpose of this book.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice Empty Re: Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice

Post by zerdini Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:54 am

This book can be downloaded free from here:

http://survivalebooks.org/#Spirit%20Voices

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice Empty Re: Spirit Voices H Montague Crane -Mediumship of Lancelet Brice

Post by Admin Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 am

I had placed that link at the start Z but the %20 was missing, so I have edited it in now. As you know I like to ensure that I provide the link to any sources I use.

I look forward to a ew version becoming available. I have obtained pdf copies of most of the books on the Surivale site and they are well worth getting as they include illustrations and more information about the publication. Where these are not available though Survivale are doing a great job. Particularly greatful for this one which seem quite rare.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:12 am

Admin wrote:I had placed that link at the start Z but the %20 was missing, so I have edited it in now. As you know I like to ensure that I provide the link to any sources I use.

I look forward to a ew version becoming available. I have obtained pdf copies of most of the books on the Surivale site and they are well worth getting as they include illustrations and more information about the publication. Where these are not available though Survivale are doing a great job. Particularly greatful for this one which seem quite rare.

I agree, David Duffield does a great job in sourcing these out-of-print books and putting them on his site now that they are out of copyright.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:11 pm

I read this with great interest -
Horace Montague Crane was my Great Grandfather. Both he and his wife were very involved in spiritualism locally and both wrote books. I was lucky enough to see a copy of this book, which even the family has no copy of, at the library's reference area.
His wife wrote "A dead Doctor Writes" which is an example of automatic writing and which i do have a copy of.

Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Hi and welcome Butterfly thank you very much for sharing that information. I must have a look round for the other book.. I presume you are still in New Zealand, in which case you are virtually near neighbours to us over in Oz.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by devine Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:09 am

Thanks for the link to this book -- it was very interesting to read about Lancelet as he is my great grandfather and I didn't know a lot about him!

devine

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:14 am

Quite amazing to have the grandcildren of both Lancelet and Montague Crane on here wecome to both of you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by devine Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:09 am

It's my absolute pleasure to be here. I have passed the link onto another family member who is also interested in Lancelet. I'm in New Zealand too (Auckland) and it would be great to catch up with Butterfly sometime, and find out at which library she found the Spirit Voices book.

devine

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

Hello devine Smile
I'm in Christchurch so if you ever get down this way my family, especially my Grandfather (Horace Montague's son), would love to meet you.

I viewed a copy in the Dunedin Library NZ Reference section. I took photographs of it and would be happy to email you copies.

butterfly

Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by devine Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:39 am

Hi butterfly! I've recently moved to Christchurch and would be great to catch up!

devine

Back to top Go down

Post by breathebelievereceive Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi Butterfly! I am a great granddaughter of Horace M Crane, Granddaughter of D R Crane, would love to touch base re the family tree!

breathebelievereceive

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:09 pm

It's great that this connection is occurring off such an interesting story.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down