SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day

+2
Wes
michelle
6 posters

Go down

G'day Empty G'day

Post by michelle Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi Jim,

I was given your name by Frank Brown from The voice Box website. I am looking for a genuine physical medium in Australia and I live in Adelaide. Frank said you live in Australia but didn't know where you are and he suggested that I contacted you in this forum. I am happy to travel around Australia. I am very interested in physical mediumship too. Wonder you know any private sitting /circle that I could involve myself in Adelaide. I am currently attending spiritualist church but they discourage me of attending physical mediumship or think it is unneccessary.

Thank-you.

Michelle Smile

michelle

Back to top Go down

G'day Empty Re: G'day

Post by Wes Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:35 am

Hi Michelle, which church do you go to in Adelaide?
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:54 am

Hi Michelle,

I will come back to you later on this one busy afternoon sorry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 am

Dear Jim,

I went to the spiritualist church at Old Noarlunga and it was run by Anne. Most people think Ectoplasm/physical mediumship is something in the past and we now have new energy, we don't need ectoplasm anymore.
A friend of mine has a spiritualist background so he got in touch with his grandmother who live at Elizabeth in Adelaide. She came from England and she has seen ectoplasm but the medium who does that had retired and he is too old for it. I also knew several people from England, one of them is 99 years and he is a deep trance medium. He used to live in Cardiff England and attended Jack Webber seance back in his day. He saw 7 people materialised and his story truly fascinated me. The other guy is 101 and he only saw pets and trumpet moving in the air etc but never saw a human being materialised. He was very dissappointed with mediumship these days and there is no comparison during his day. I tend to agree with him and it is the attitude today with people as well as money. Don't get me wrong, i do not against people make a living out of mediumship but not for profit. I have so much to learn from old these elderly people but none of them can help me because they are too old. I read a lot and go to the library and buy books,tapes to learn it myself. I wish I could find the right type of people to sit with. so far, I haven't find any group that I feel
comfortable with. I mean the trust. I mean that is the most important thing.

Anyway, thank you for your prompt reply.

Good greetings, I have just finish my work for the day. I work on weekend.

Michelle Smile

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:05 am

Hi Michelle,

There is very little Physical mediumship anywhere, obviously in Sydney there is David Thompson although you would be aware he is expensive to see and on this site there are a number of unresolved questions which many people would like answers to.

I know of one developing Physical Medium in Melbourne but none in any of the other states. At one time Elizabeth had a circle trying to get Phenomena, unfortunately this is a long and often fruitless process and I believe that has ceased its activities.

I know that the New Age Spiritualist Mission which is the centre I attend is focusing on Platform Mediumship development and has a Foundation Course which runs as an open group which is more about general Psychic then Mediumship development.

The problem really is that most development in Physical Mediumship has been in the Dark and this creates problems in evaluating the reality of events. As a result of past problems neither the Spiritualist National Union of Great Britain or the USA's National Association of Churches support Physical Mediumship.

In the USA the NSAC insist it is conducted in dim red light and several of their Mediums will do Table Tipping, Trumpet Phenomena and Transfiguration.

The problem is what is Physical mediumship and what is Telekenetic Psychic effect. If Table Tipping this can be telekenesis or if a suitable code is created to obtain intelligent proveable communication then it is Spirit Contact. I think with all types of phenomena it needs to be visible in dim red light at least and with whatever type of phenomena produced leading to contact with someone who is clearly recognised by an attendee. Personally I would be looking for Direct Voice, transfiguration, full or partial Materialistion. I suppose though we must not forget the associated phenomena of Spirit drawings, Photography and Direct writing (even slate writing).

Sadly I know of no local circles on Adelaide proceeding to that but then I feel that work on Mental mediumship comes first to ensure we have good demonstrators in the future. Once we get there maybe we can start to look at the other stages. However, there may be groups but they are remaining seperate to the Spiritualist Centres and only heard about by word of mouth.

I have heard the argument about The New Energy and Physical Medium i.e Ectoplasm no longer being necessary. I first heard that in the first couple of months of my introduction to Spiritualism some 25 years ago in the UK. At that time there were many fine Mental mediums in action and the feeling was the evidence being obtained made the rather dangerous practice of Physical Mediumship using Ectoplasm redundant.

Since then we have had the Scole Group which used a different energy to produce Phenomena. In reality it appears we must still wait for the New Energy Mediumship to develop properly and show what it may be capable of because so far there have been hints but nothing conclusive.

I hope that helps you, maybe one day we may meet at the New Age Spiritualist Mission in Unley. If you go there just ask for Jim I am fairly well known there.

By the way look at the Recent News for details of a Haiti Fund Raiser the New Age Spiritualist Mission is putting on in conjunction with its visiting Scottish Medium April Mackie, on February 12th at the Unley Citizens Centre
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

G'day Empty Unley spiritualist church

Post by michelle Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:20 am

Dear Jim,

Thank you very much for the information. It is very helpful and I have to re-read again your email later on. Could you please give me the address of the Unley spiritual mission. When is their service and do they have meditation or developmental classes during the week? Would love to meet up with you and your wife for a chat.

Michelle Very Happy

michelle

Back to top Go down

G'day Empty G'day

Post by michelle Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 am

Hi Jim,

Even Direct voice mediumship, deep trance mediumship , partial materialisation or anything like that would be good for me. Although I have never met anybody that can do that even in Adelaide. I met people who do channelling and most of the time, I am not even convince that the message come from deceased person as the information is not very accurate. Perhaps I have to travel oversea to England, France or Lilydale to find out about all this for myself. Cost for me with David Thompson is no issue. I am not sure, I could trust him with his physical phenomena because I heard a lot of negative feedback about him. So as Warren Caylor. The only person that I could really trust is Stewart Alexander group and anybody that is associated with Scole experiment like Robin Foy, Tom Harrison and Michael Roll's group etc.

Anyway, thank you for all your information and perhaps I will come down to the spiritual mission in Unley. Is that the Rosa Tingey spiritualist church?

Kind regards,

Michelle

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:37 am

Hi Michelle,

Yes the Mission is based at the Rosa Tingey Centre 38 Palmerston Rd (cnr Young St.) Unley. Web site www.nasm.org.au . There is a Tuesday daytime group run by Pam from 11.30am to 1.00pm meditation and development and my next evening course starts 7.15pm next Mon 15th which is a structured approach through Psychic to mediumship including background on Spiritualism.

I totally agree with you about Stewart Alexander by the way and look forward to meeting you.

Kind regards

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:32 am

Dear Jim,

Thank-you for replying to my email. I look forward to see you and your wife (Lis) on Friday but I understand it is a busy day so won't hold you up as you will be busy helping organizing the event for April Mackey. I look up on her and think highly of her as she seem to do a lot of charity work which is something that I like to do if I have the gift. What more is there to life, if we cant use our gift to serve humanity. I will also bring a friend or 2 to the Friday evening.

I also will go to your class on Monday 15th at 7.15pm. How much is the course, can I pay when I see you on Monday and I assume the course will be running at Rosa Tingey Centre, Unley. Is that right.

See you then and have a good day.

Michelle Smile

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:36 am

Hi Michelle yes the course is at the Rosa Tingey center, I have sent you a private message with the other details
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm

Dear Jim,

April Mackie was indeed very good and intertaining. It was nice meeting you and saw your wife. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the Monday night class as I had to go to my in laws anniversary dinner. So I hope to see you sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

Michelle

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Michelle,

It was great to meet you last night, April was very entertaining and gave some very good evidential material. The accuracy of several dates when people passed over was pretty good indeed. Very good stamina too she worked for an hour and a half non stop.

Lis's attempt to balance the room (something was happening in energetic terms on one side it was odd) was better than people may realise, when she spoke quietly with the Lady about the child in spirit the information proved to be accurate. the other Lady who whilst accepting the accuracy of Garndma's existence seemed not to undertsand teh rest came to Lis afterwards to say ues she did speak two languages (Fench she had wrongly assumed Lis meant her Grandfathers mother tongue Polish) and had realised what the message meant.

Highlights the problems for a Medium in a demonstration. people often do not want or undertstand teh information provided because they are fixed on one thing they want.

We raised $1,130 dollars too for Haiti which was a good effort.

By the way re Monday missing the first week would not be a problem you could come the following Monday that happens quite regularly.

Kind Regards
Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

G'day Empty Sorry

Post by michelle Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 am

Dear Jim,

Sorry about replying so late. Too many things that happened in my life right now that prevent me from attending your class. Perhaps sometime in the future when the time was right. Indeed April Mackey was good and I look forward to see more people like her around. It was really nice meeting you.

Michelle

michelle

Back to top Go down

Post by emorie Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Another Australian.

Hi,

just wanted to add my voice to others here as being from Australia. I'm from Melbourne. Attended church years ago but no longer. I know that they are right for many but I'm not disposed to equate belief wtih a church as such.

Not to say that I may not attend a service at some stage, but don't find myself seeking that.

Good luck to all,

emorie

emorie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Emorie, would you like to expand on why you no longer attend spiritualist churches?

Here in Queensland the issues I have with local spiritualist churches are the catering to new age ideas, and the innappropriate way some like to mirror mainstream churches with "reverends", pictures of Jesus, the Doxology and so on.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Vino_85 Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Jim!

Would you (or anyone else) know if April Mackie will be coming down to Melbourne again anytime soon?

Thank you!

Vino_85

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:36 pm

Hi,

Not yet, her dog has not been well so she has delayed her next visit, we keep well in touch with her over in Adelaide. I will let people know when next she is back.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vino_85 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks Jim!

Please let us know when you know of her next visit - I'm so keen to meet her Smile

-vino

Vino_85

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinojini Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 am

Hello again Jim Smile So sorry for being too keen, but still no news about April Mackey's visit down to Melbourne hey?

Vino

Vinojini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 am

Nothing as yet Vino.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content