SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles

3 posters

Go down

RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles Empty RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles

Post by Admin Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles Empty Re: RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles

Post by zerdini Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Dunninger had a standing offer of $10,000 to anyone who could prove that he used confederates or "stooges." He often said he could raise that offer to $100,000. Through the Scientific American Magazine and the Universal Council for Psychic Research, Dunninger made this offer to any medium who could produce by psychic or supernatural means any physical phenomena that he could not reproduce by natural means or explain in convincing materialistic terms.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles Empty Re: RKO Pathe 1937 Dunninger on Spirit Swindles

Post by obiwan Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:32 pm

zerdini wrote:Dunninger had a standing offer of $10,000 to anyone who could prove that he used confederates or "stooges." He often said he could raise that offer to $100,000. Through the Scientific American Magazine and the Universal Council for Psychic Research, Dunninger made this offer to any medium who could produce by psychic or supernatural means any physical phenomena that he could not reproduce by natural means or explain in convincing materialistic terms.
I am not quite sure what the point of the offer was really. I would have thought it was the mechanism that mattered not the nature of the phenomena in this case.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Z raised Dunningers name with me and I have been digging at what is another interesting case. So many Magicians have taken a close interest in teh goings on of Spiritualist thaey make a study in themselves. Sometimes I feel they achieved effects without fully understanding the mechanism involved when when they thought they did. I must have a look at that and dig out some examples.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum