SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new book The Science of Life After Death

5 posters

Go down

new book The Science of Life After Death Empty new book The Science of Life After Death

Post by Admin Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 pm

Research Shows Human Consciousness Can Live on after Bodily Death

New book reports on a massive, ongoing research project at the University of Virginia and recent research by the Windbridge Institute that show, respectively, human consciousness can survive death and that psychic mediums can report accurate information about deceased individuals without using fraud. The author draws on studies by the Duke University Parapsychology Laboratory, quantum psychics and other research, to form the basis of a theory to explain this.

Richmond, VA (PRWEB) August 4, 2009 -- A new book from Oaklea Press, The Science of Life After Death, draws on recent research by the Windbridge Institute and an ongoing study by the University of Virginia, to provide indisputable evidence of the continuation of human consciousness, separated from the body, after death.

The author, Internet talk show host Stephen Hawley Martin, has been interviewing quantum physicists, scientists, and researchers of the paranormal since his weekly talk show, The Truth About Life, debuted in 2007. The book reports what he has learned and postulates a theory to explain it.

Martin said that most educated people dismiss out of hand the idea consciousness can continue after death because they believe consciousness is dependent on the brain. His book cites research that indicates this may not be the case. "The Duke University Parapsychology Laboratory demonstrated the non locality of conscious in numerous experiments over the years," he said. "Quantum mechanics, in what is referred to as the Copenhagen interpretation, shows that what a researcher knows or doesn't know--what he measures--can change the pattern on a screen. How could this happen if consciousness remains inside our heads? The act of observation collapses wave equations, indicating consciousness is not merely a byproduct of the physical brain, but a separate entity that can impact the physical. If you don't believe this, ask any quantum physicist."

Martin went on to say, "Until recently science had nothing to say about the afterlife. Now there are answers. It's astonishing to me how much has been discovered by scientific means in the last few years and how little has been reported about it in the general media. For example, we now know that memories can form and be stored without a brain being involved. What has been learned overturns the long-held tenet of science that consciousness and memory are products of the brain. I believe this is as important a discovery as that of Copernicus--that the Sun is at the center of the solar system. It will profoundly change how we look at life and the world."

Another startling revelation the book contains is that it may be possible for the living to communicate with deceased loved ones. Julie Beischel, Ph.D., Director of Research at the Windbridge Institute (www.Windbridge.org), said, "Our research demonstrates that, under blinded conditions, certain mediums can report accurate and specific information about deceased individuals without any prior knowledge about the deceased or their living loved ones, in the absence of any sensory feedback, and without using deception or fraud."

The Science of Life After Death will be in stores November 1, 2009, but advance copies are available for purchase now at the author's web site, www.shmartin.com.

The Oaklea Press Inc. was established in 1995 and publishes a popular line of business books as well as self-help, fiction and metaphysical titles.

###

Contact Information
Stephen Martin
Oaklea Press
http://www.shmartin.com
804 281-5685
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

new book The Science of Life After Death Empty Re: new book The Science of Life After Death

Post by zerdini Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:02 am

There has been an ongoing discussion about this very subject on Michael Prescott's blog.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

new book The Science of Life After Death Empty Re: new book The Science of Life After Death

Post by obiwan Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:42 am

There has been a long discussion Z you're right. I found some of it a bit arcane in places and most of it ignored actual reported phenomena. At times it felt like I was reading a debate about whether it was possible for Bumble Bees to fly.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:30 am

Hmm

Hi Obi,

When I read some of these thoughts I reach the same conclusion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:41 am

Admin wrote:Hmm

Hi Obi,

When I read some of these thoughts I reach the same conclusion

It's all "pie in the sky".

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:12 am

I wonder how much of the new open-mindedness on these ideas are attributable to the decline in religion and its desire to control matters that were beyond its approval?

As a matter of further interest, is anyone else experiencing what I can only describe as 'dual and simultaneous' consciousness?
For some time now I seem to be normally alive during the day and equally normally alive during sleep - but as a different individual.
It seems too that both know of the other, but do not/ cannot meet, except in thought.
For a long while I've understood consciousness as being unbounded and unlimited, this consistent experience being an extension of this without any crossover.

The universe does seem to be expanding in unimaginable ways, revealing our unseen prisons to us.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:39 am

hiorta wrote:I wonder how much of the new open-mindedness on these ideas are attributable to the decline in religion and its desire to control matters that were beyond its approval?

As a matter of further interest, is anyone else experiencing what I can only describe as 'dual and simultaneous' consciousness?
For some time now I seem to be normally alive during the day and equally normally alive during sleep - but as a different individual.
It seems too that both know of the other, but do not/ cannot meet, except in thought.
For a long while I've understood consciousness as being unbounded and unlimited, this consistent experience being an extension of this without any crossover.

The universe does seem to be expanding in unimaginable ways, revealing our unseen prisons to us.
Not me Hiorta.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:30 pm

hiorta wrote:I wonder how much of the new open-mindedness on these ideas are attributable to the decline in religion and its desire to control matters that were beyond its approval?

"For some time now I seem to be normally alive during the day and equally normally alive during sleep - but as a different individual." "is anyone else experiencing what I can only describe as 'dual and simultaneous' consciousness..."

I'd be interested to learn more about this, hiorta

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:51 pm

Hiorta, a thought-provoking post.

What do you know of this "different individual"? Is it possible for you to say more?

Alan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:44 am

I'll try to find the words to adequately clothe this very new-to-me thingie.
I'll try to expand on it, but it is at the very edge of somewhere I've never been to.
The in-sleep consciousness leaves the solid impression of a lower spiritually aware place, but in a slightly future time.
I just have no pointers as to where or when, although it's probably my own thoughts that leave a feeling of a devastated 'here'.

It often seems that while the experience is visually very strong and carries much more, plus the residual memory - unusual for me - those in this populated very delapidated place seem not to be aware of me. It just like observing it, while being part of it.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:14 pm

hiorta wrote:I'll try to find the words to adequately clothe this very new-to-me thingie.
I'll try to expand on it, but it is at the very edge of somewhere I've never been to.
The in-sleep consciousness leaves the solid impression of a lower spiritually aware place, but in a slightly future time.
I just have no pointers as to where or when, although it's probably my own thoughts that leave a feeling of a devastated 'here'.

It often seems that while the experience is visually very strong and carries much more, plus the residual memory - unusual for me - those in this populated very delapidated place seem not to be aware of me. It just like observing it, while being part of it.

"....those in this populated very delapidated place seem not to be aware of me." An interesting description and reminiscent of somewhere I felt I'd been in a 'dream' (?) I didn't see any persons but I can still feel the desolate feel of a region almost devoid of vegetation / scenery and almost in black-and-white with withered trees, bare earth. I 'heard' words describing the location and felt that I was at a transitional boundary between one dimension and the next. But it did not have any of the time component you describe.

Of course it could have been nothing more than my imagination at work but it felt - and still feels - different to a dream......and I can still vividly recall it. It's very rare that I remember dreams

I'd be interested to hear more of your sensations.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down