SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures

+3
obiwan
zerdini
Admin
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures Empty rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures

Post by Admin Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:49 am

Rare audio of Albert Helen Duncans Guide

Last edited by Admin on Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures Empty Re: rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures

Post by zerdini Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:56 am

The voice sounds very feminine with masculine overtones. It reminded me of Elizabeth Garrett Anderson speaking in the direct voice through the mediumship of Leslie Flint.

The recording apparatus used in those days was not so sophisticated as the ones used today.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures Empty Re: rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures

Post by obiwan Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:47 am

Interesting. It is too chaotic for me to form a judgement. If it was the guide's voice most prominent that it sounded female and quite well-spoken. I presume Helen had a strong scots accent?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi Paul,

I believe she did but I'm not sure, certainly if she was a Southern Scot she would But I discovered on a holiday walking mountains in Sutherland on the Northern most coast, from a lady who ran a hotel, that those who spoke Gaelic by choice, often had a very soft accent when speaking English.

However, I'm sure someone here will enlighten us both. I suppose that, given the guides were materialised and that pre-supposes an ectoplasmic voice box, there would be less of a feminine tone to Alberts voice.

In the end the final test would be the quality of the material which we do not have commented upon here.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:33 am

Ran into a couple of pictures too

rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures Duncan10
rare audio of Albert Helen Duncan's guide +pictures Duncan11
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:22 am

I've only heard Helen Duncan's spirit voice and she had a pronounced Scottish accent. Apparently she used to swear a lot and this came over in her communications. Shocked

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Thanks Z I had a feeling she would have a strong accent which is virtualy impossible to disguise
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:08 am

Admin wrote:Thanks Z I had a feeling she would have a strong accent which is virtualy impossible to disguise

It is reported by those who sat with Helen Duncan,that Albert spoke with an 'Oxford' accent.

Interestingly, my friend, Mona, who had a strong Scottish accent, when entranced by her Austrian Guide lost all trace of her Scottish accent - the guide occasionally spoke in German at the end of the trance lecture.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I have to say the face in the lower picture looks somewhat unconvincing.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:06 pm

obiwan wrote:I have to say the face in the lower picture looks somewhat unconvincing.

I would agree except that you are just looking at a photo in a single moment of time. Ideally one would need to see a moving image to get a true feeling of the seance and that is most unlikely.

Tom Harrison published a photograph of a baby who materialised through his mother's mediumship that looked like a doll. It is extremely hard to form an opinion solely based on photographs particularly those taken many years ago.

I visited a friend in Cardiff a few years ago who had a picture on her wall which looked in every respect exactly like a doll. I asked her who, or what, it was to which she replied "That's my granddaughter"!

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 pm

Agreed.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:05 pm

zerdini wrote:
Admin wrote:Thanks Z I had a feeling she would have a strong accent which is virtualy impossible to disguise

It is reported by those who sat with Helen Duncan,that Albert spoke with an 'Oxford' accent.

Interestingly, my friend, Mona, who had a strong Scottish accent, when entranced by her Austrian Guide lost all trace of her Scottish accent - the guide occasionally spoke in German at the end of the trance lecture.

Thats amazing z ! Did Mona's physicality change when she was entranced by him.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:50 pm

If her personality didn't change surely it would be mona speaking? Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:19 am

obiwan wrote:If her personality didn't change surely it would be mona speaking? Smile

Laughing i said physicality, physicality meaning relating to bodily activity. Since when is personality the same as physicality obiwan Laughing

Mona's control had a physical deformity when on the earth.

Z will understand what I am talking about Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:25 am

Oops I apologise. It's late Smile
Mea culpa.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 am

obiwan wrote:I have to say the face in the lower picture looks somewhat unconvincing.

Pictures of materializations never look convincing, they either look like dolls or cardboard cutouts, and when they do look like real people everyone assumes they are real people and not materializations, you can't win... scratch

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:38 pm

nick pettitt wrote:

Pictures of materializations never look convincing, they either look like dolls or cardboard cutouts, and when they do look like real people everyone assumes they are real people and not materializations, you can't win... scratch
So basically you agree? Smile - why do you think they look so poor given that sitters seem to realistic?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 pm

obiwan wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:

So basically you agree? Smile - why do you think they look so poor given that sitters seem to realistic?

yes I do agree, photos of materializations are not convincing. I have not yet seen materializations in the light (I live in hope) but would assume that the quality of them is dependent on the amount of power obtainable from the medium and sitters and the communicator's ability to do it. As I understand it they have to think their memory of how they looked into the ectoplasm after having lowered their vibrations to our physical level.
It would be good to hear from anyone on here who has seen materializations in the light as to how convincing they were to them, did the quality differ from one to the other? how animated were the faces? did the eyes move? did they speak and did the mouth move when they spoke? Laughing

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:06 pm

[quote="Azur"]
zerdini wrote:

Thats amazing z ! Did Mona's physicality change when she was entranced by him. I believe if I am right, Mona would walk around when entranced.

I read also somewhere she did a demonstration at the London Spiritual Mission some years ago.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:03 pm

nick wrote
It would be good to hear from anyone on here who has seen materializations in the light as to how convincing they were to them, did the quality differ from one to the other? how animated were the faces? did the eyes move? did they speak and did the mouth move when they spoke?

The answer to all those questions is 'Yes'.

I have written an article about my experience with Alec Harris and am quite happy to post it on here if required.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:06 pm

[quote="Azur"]
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Thats amazing z ! Did Mona's physicality change when she was entranced by him. I believe if I am right, Mona would walk around when entranced.

I read also somewhere she did a demonstration at the London Spiritual Mission some years ago.

She often changed physically depending which guide entranced her.

At one church in Scotland while entranced the guide walked her down a spiral staircase.

She did demonstrate at a number of different churches throughout the UK as well as at the ISF conferences.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:35 pm

[quote="zerdini"]
Azur wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

At one church in Scotland while entranced the guide walked her down a spiral staircase.

She did demonstrate at a number of different churches throughout the UK as well as at the ISF conferences.

Thats fantastic, don't think i've ever heard about another medium were the voices could be heard in daylight whilst they were demonstrating in public.

You are very lucky to have known her z, she's a very interesting medium.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:07 pm

zerdini wrote:nick wrote
It would be good to hear from anyone on here who has seen materializations in the light as to how convincing they were to them, did the quality differ from one to the other? how animated were the faces? did the eyes move? did they speak and did the mouth move when they spoke?

I have written an article about my experience with Alec Harris and am quite happy to post it on here if required.

Thanks Z, yes I have read you article but it would be good to see it again on this forum, it must have been totally mind boggling to experience it in person, roll on the day when true materialization mediumship is demonstrated once again.

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:03 pm

[quote="Azur"]
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

Thats fantastic, don't think i've ever heard about another medium were the voices could be heard in daylight whilst they were demonstrating in public.

You are very lucky to have known her z, she's a very interesting medium.

It was through her mediumship that I was introduced to Spiritualism more than fifty years ago. Her husband was a psychologist.

I have never lost touch with them and they invariably communicate when circumstances make it possible.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:05 pm

nick pettitt wrote:
zerdini wrote:nick wrote

Thanks Z, yes I have read you article but it would be good to see it again on this forum, it must have been totally mind boggling to experience it in person, roll on the day when true materialization mediumship is demonstrated once again.

I will post it on the physical mediumship thread.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next