SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noel Cowards Blythe Spirit

+2
zerdini
Admin
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Noel Cowards Blythe Spirit - Page 2 Empty Re: Noel Cowards Blythe Spirit

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:When I first encountered Spiritualism about fifty years ago, as part of mediumship development, I was asked to chair a meeting for Mona van der Watt.

I thanked the medium at the end for "an entertaining demonstration". She took me aside later and said while a demonstation may be interesting, evidential etc it was never "entertaining". I have chaired for many mediums since and have never used that word again.

Mona van der Watt, phenomenal medium. I remember hearing some time ago about her guide, (correct me if I am wrong) an american indian with a hunchback, he would overshadow Mona when she was demonstrating. Was anything put in-print about her life Z Smile

I knew Mona extremely well, Azur, and her main guide was an African. She also had a an Austrian doctor who had been a hunchback on earth.

I have written a little about her from time to time but there has been no definitive book on her life as yet.

It's such a shame there isn't anything on her she was great. Are your articles available online z

There have been some from time to time. Here is one I wrote for Psychic News:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/annetts/ark/mediums/mona_van_der_watt.htm

I've read this article a while back, great read Smile Is the church still in South Africa that she demonstrated in

Sadly it's no longer there, Azur. It was situated on the slopes of Table Mountain.

Roy Stemman has also written about her in his book, "Spirit Communication".

Ah thats a shame z, I have Roy's book, he writes well about her Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:23 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:When I first encountered Spiritualism about fifty years ago, as part of mediumship development, I was asked to chair a meeting for Mona van der Watt.

I thanked the medium at the end for "an entertaining demonstration". She took me aside later and said while a demonstation may be interesting, evidential etc it was never "entertaining". I have chaired for many mediums since and have never used that word again.

Mona van der Watt, phenomenal medium. I remember hearing some time ago about her guide, (correct me if I am wrong) an american indian with a hunchback, he would overshadow Mona when she was demonstrating. Was anything put in-print about her life Z Smile

I knew Mona extremely well, Azur, and her main guide was an African. She also had a an Austrian doctor who had been a hunchback on earth.

I have written a little about her from time to time but there has been no definitive book on her life as yet.

It's such a shame there isn't anything on her she was great. Are your articles available online z

There have been some from time to time. Here is one I wrote for Psychic News:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/annetts/ark/mediums/mona_van_der_watt.htm

I've read this article a while back, great read Smile Is the church still in South Africa that she demonstrated in

Sadly it's no longer there, Azur. It was situated on the slopes of Table Mountain.

Roy Stemman has also written about her in his book, "Spirit Communication".

Taken from the article Spirit forms materialize at seance online, it states:
I arranged for a small group of friends to join us for a sitting with the guides of Mona van der Watt. Mona's Red Indian guide came to my friend and without any preliminaries described the presence of Black Feather exactly as I had seen him saying, 'I greet my Indian brother'.

It states Mona had a red indian guide, or is this an error.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm

She did have a Red Indian Guide but he was not her main guide.

Her main guide was an African as I stated previously.

In fact she had a number of guides and I spoke to all of them over the years that I was associated with her.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm

zerdini wrote:She did have a Red Indian Guide but he was not her main guide.

In fact she had a number of guides and I spoke to all of them over the years that I was associated with her.

Interesting z Smile

Was the Austrian doctor guide traced.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:21 pm

Azur wrote:

Interesting z Smile

Yes he was. His earthly name was Dr Erich Von Blümner.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:39 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:

Interesting z Smile

Yes he was. His earthly name was Dr Erich Von Blümner.

z if you don't write that book I am doing my research and writing it and you can write the foreword Smile Laughing

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:10 pm

Don't worry, Azur, it's all in hand. Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:24 pm

zerdini wrote:Don't worry, Azur, it's all in hand. Laughing

What was Dr von Blümner's purpose in Mona's mediumship was it sorely based with her healing mediumship or was he instrumental with other forms of mediumistic phenomena.

Was the African guide traced as well, did he prove his earthly existance.

Thanks z

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Azur wrote:

What was Dr von Blümner's purpose in Mona's mediumship was it sorely based with her healing mediumship or was he instrumental with other forms of mediumistic phenomena.

Thanks z

Dr Erich, as we called him, was her healing guide. He also gave trance lectures through Mona.

As far as I know no attempt was made to verify any of her other guides.

Many went back a long time by earthly reckoning.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:28 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:

Thanks z

Dr Erich, as we called him, was her healing guide. He also gave trance lectures through Mona.

Z

Thanks z !

I read also in your article, Dr van der Watt spoke on 'The mind in relation to Spiritualism', would he normally speak about spiritualism before Mona would demonstrate her phenomena.

Must have been fascinating times for you z, don't you get frustrated with the carry-on of the movement today?, especially when you seen and sat with the greats of the past.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:37 pm

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:

Thanks z

Z

Thanks z !

I read also in your article, Dr van der Watt spoke on 'The mind in relation to Spiritualism', would he normally speak about spiritualism before Mona would demonstrate her phenomena.

Must have been fascinating times for you z, don't you get frustrated with the carry-on of the movement today?, especially when you seen and sat with the greats of the past.

Yes, Azur, Dr van der Watt usually gave a talk before her demonstrations at public meetings. At the Church services Mona always gave a trance talk before her demonstration.

I find it sad that today I would be hard-pressed to recommend a medium of quality who could provide good survival evidence. I do know one or two that I would go to myself if the opportunity arose.

As for physical mediumship the least said the better! Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:21 pm

zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:
Azur wrote:

Thanks z

Z

Thanks z !

Yes, Azur, Dr van der Watt usually gave a talk before her demonstrations at public meetings. At the Church services Mona always gave a trance talk before her demonstration.

I find it sad that today I would be hard-pressed to recommend a medium of quality who could provide good survival evidence. I do know one or two that I would go to myself if the opportunity arose.

As for physical mediumship the least said the better! Rolling Eyes

Thanks Z

Did Mona demonstrate survival in the waking state or was it always her demonstrations of trance clairvoyance that provided the evidence.

I've sat with a few medium's in the past that always gave outstanding survival evidence from the platform, but when I had sittings with them I was always disappointed with the quality of evidence given, perhaps the conditions at the time were not right, who knows.

I would agree with the physical, although I do have time for Stewart Alexander, I think his heart is in the right place.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:58 pm

Did Mona demonstrate survival in the waking state or was it always her demonstrations of trance clairvoyance that provided the evidence.

She did both.

I've sat with a few medium's in the past that always gave outstanding survival evidence from the platform, but when I had sittings with them I was always disappointed with the quality of evidence given, perhaps the conditions at the time were not right, who knows.

Some mediums are excellent platform mediums but not always good in private sittings and vice versa.

Very few excel at both.

I would agree with the physical, although I do have time for Stewart Alexander, I think his heart is in the right place.

His heart may be in the right place but its the rest of his body that is the problem! Laughing

Seriously though, Stuart was one of the mediums for the Noahs Ark Society for many years. I have sat with him publicly and in his home circle many times over the years.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 pm

zerdini wrote:

She did both.

Some mediums are excellent platform mediums but not always good in private sittings and vice versa.

Very few excel at both.

His heart may be in the right place but its the rest of his body that is the problem! Laughing

Seriously though, Stuart was one of the mediums for the Noahs Ark Society for many years. I have sat with him publicly and in his home circle many times over the years.

Are you saying his physical phenomena produced is of earthly means

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:27 am

Azur wrote:
zerdini wrote:

She did both.

Very few excel at both.

Are you saying his physical phenomena produced is of earthly means

I have no idea what that means.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm

Hope you don't think I am prying just find it fascinating.

So Dr Erich was the healing guide, and the African and North American Indian's purpose was survival evidence through Mona's trance state.

What happened to the church did it cease operation after her passing.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Azur wrote:Hope you don't think I am prying just find it fascinating.

So Dr Erich was the healing guide, and the African and North American Indian's purpose was survival evidence through Mona's trance state.

What happened to the church did it cease operation after her passing.

All her guides had different functions, some more than one.

The church continued for a short while under her husband's management but when he passed it closed.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Thats a shame it closed, if I was ever in South Africa I could pop in to see it.

Wilhelm Rontgen, the inventor of X-Rays, was mentioned in the article. Was he another member of her spirit team.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:21 pm

Azur wrote:Thats a shame it closed, if I was ever in South Africa I could pop in to see it.

Wilhelm Rontgen, the inventor of X-Rays, was mentioned in the article. Was he another member of her spirit team.

He was a friend of Dr Erich. He came to give a talk on spirit rays that were used in healing.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Maureen Harrison Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

I seen Mona twice when she came to Scotland in the 1970s she was a lovely woman. We heard the voices loud and clear the audience she had the audience spellbound. The guide took over and spoke to the audience he was very powerful her body changed when he entranced her. My mother had a sitting with her and I have the recording.

Maureen Harrison

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:02 pm

Maureen Harrison wrote:I seen Mona twice when she came to Scotland in the 1970s she was a lovely woman. We heard the voices loud and clear the audience she had the audience spellbound. The guide took over and spoke to the audience he was very powerful her body changed when he entranced her. My mother had a sitting with her and I have the recording.

Thanks for confirming that, Maureen.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 pm

I think this thread almost needs renaming lol Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:01 pm

Maureen Harrison wrote:I seen Mona twice when she came to Scotland in the 1970s she was a lovely woman. We heard the voices loud and clear the audience she had the audience spellbound. The guide took over and spoke to the audience he was very powerful her body changed when he entranced her. My mother had a sitting with her and I have the recording.

Hi Maureen, welcome to the forum. Smile

Thanks for sharing your experience with Mona.

Azur.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2